SM OU My main team

I am super new to sun and moon OU and the team I have just created is very rough around the edges. I could really use some advice on redoing my team.
Currently I have:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Substitute
This a standard Serperior leaf storm sweeper, with hidden power fire for cover against threats such as ferrothorn. I chose this since setting up with leaf storm against something that is weak to it and gets knocked out can easily lead to a snowball and a successful sweep, which is only helped by its speed. Also it can be useful in spreading paralysis.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
This is a choice specs Tapu Lele with moves to maximise coverage against most threats and also is one of my main special sweepers. It is great at taking out pokemon like greninja and a lot of dragons, but is easily foiled by a switch or a fast strike from a strong attack, but the psychic terrain can easily block priority and help out teammates.

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
This Xurkitree has Scarf to patch up one of its weakest areas and to give it maximum sweeping potential. It is great at heavy hitting attacks but has terrible bulk and cannot reliably get an attack off and is walled completely by landorus t and garchomp, and when they are in they block its pivot with its volt switch.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
This is my mega, being a standard swords dance scizor with STAB moves designed to get the most out of technician. It can get strong priority with technician STAB bullet punch and bug bite is a great stab move for technician. It is also a pretty good swords dance sweeper and is my best physical all out attacker.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
This Landorus is Scarfed to get in and hit hard with Earthquake and also has Knock off to potentially break stalls with opposing teams leftovers. It is a great switch in since it has two immunities and has intimidate for defending itself. It is not a great setup sweeper due to the choice scarf but was my main choice for getting electric types and threats like heatran out of the field.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
This is my only wall, which is one of the the main weak areas of my team. It is made to set rocks and and protect stall. It is a big weak point since I added it on a whim and it is quite rough since my set was rushed and it is my only wall and lacks support. I will probably replace it unless it synergizes well with other changes. I have not used it in many battles.
Thanks

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

edit: opened

Last edited:
Ayy good looks on editing your team to better fit the formatting of this forum.
One thing I notice about your team immediately is a lack of a Z move. Perhaps since you already have a scarf landorus, you could make your Xurkitree your Z user with Z-hypnosis or Z-electric terrain?
Also, as an advocate for Mega-Scizor, you might find more success with a bulkier spread as opposed to the all out offensive spread you are currently running. Mega scizor has an amazing defensive typing but it's bulk only really shines with investment, so it may be worth it to swap out bug bite for Roost as well for additional sustain. You already have a Chansey, so this might be a golden opportunity for the RARE physically defensive scizor

Last edited:

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Gonna echo the above sentiments about Mega Scizor. There's no reason to have Bug Bite AND U-turn on the same set, especially when it gets things like Knock Off/Roost/Superpower. Like Chubby Gardevoir said, a bulkier EV spread (something like what they have here) would probably be better for you, especially since you yourself said that Chansey is your only wall at the moment.

Other than that...
  • Even if you don't want to change Scizor's EVs, its current nature is bad. Naughty decreases its Special Defense, which is completely unnecessary. If you want an Attack-boosting nature, swap to Adamant; otherwise, use Impish or Careful.
  • I don't know if this is a mistake, but your Landorus has Swords Dance despite being Choice Scarfed. Locking yourself into SD does literally nothing for you, so replace it with U-turn.
  • You said Chansey is your wall, but in order for it to function like the wall it is it absolutely NEEDS its recovery in Soft-Boiled. Protect is all but useless on it, so that's the right candidate for what to replace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)