ORAS Doubles OU My Doubles OU Team!

Does my team need major improvement?

• Total voters
Hello Smogon! I created a Pokemon team 1-2 months ago and have played it a few times every week since then, and wanted to know if you could critique it at all. I hope copy/paste from Showdown export should be okay. Excuse that I'm not good with Smogon terminology (I just learned what revenge killer means), I've played competitively for a while but haven't used many Smogon sets before these ones. Thanks for reading and rating!~

Alakazam-Mega (F) @ Alakazite
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

This is the Pokemon I wanted to base my team around because of Alakazam's Special Attack. Calm Mind/Psychic is deadly when set up, and Dazzling Gleam kills Dark and Ghost-Types while Thunder Wave is a good status to slow down other Pokemon while Calm Minding, and the only problem is that it's not very defensive at all, which leads me to my next Pokemon...

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr was my choice because of Iron Fist, its typing, and its bulk. Fighting pretty much covers almost everything that Psychic doesn't. Alakazam doesn't have anything to counter Bug-Type and the rest of my team can't counter Ferrothorn and Scizor very well, I put Fire Punch in. Poison Jab makes quick work of Fairy-Types and has a chance to Poison, so I put that in there too. Mach Punch provides a strong priority attack, and Drain Punch heals damage efficiently from most Pokemon. I was considering putting Swords Dance on this or something to boost attack and make it even stronger, but I couldn't decide what I would replace or whether it would even be necessary.

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 76 HP / 232 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice

Oh Sylveon, how many games you have saved for me. I'm assuming most people are familiar with Sylveon and this set, but basically, Calm Mind/Hyper Voice kills almost everything. Toxic is a good status and can kill Shedinja, and Psyshock handles Poison-types.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Raikou is a good counter to Flying-type threats like Talonflame and Charizard-Y with Thunderbolt. It has Volt Switch to deal damage if one of the Pokemon an opponent sends out is a Ground-type, and Hidden Power Ice can do damage to Ground-types if there's no other option. Also, Raikou is generally a good sweeper if the Pokemon it's killing isn't resistant to Electric-types.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp is a good sweeper to put on a team because of... well, all of its moves. Swords Dance gives a huge boost that can make Sucker Punch kill almost anything it doesn't resist. Iron Head is also good STAB that kills Fairy and Ice-types. Knock Off, well, knocks off items, and it's always helpful to have at least one Pokemon with it on a team IMO.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Cloyster is good at countering Ground-types, which my team has two weaknesses to already. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast both hit 5 times, and I added Hydro Pump since my team doesn't have Water coverage otherwise. I start with Shell Smash, of course, to up its power, unless I absolutely need to knock something out immediately.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
I'm afraid your team is pretty much unviable for a few reasons:
Alakazam is outclassed by deoxys-a
No protect, which is a key part of prediction, it lets you punish double targets or take out an opposing threat with your partner
Cloyster, which is extremely unreliable as setup sweeper and fairly weak even when boosted
General sets/items/spreads: toxic, lefties on offensive mons

Yeah anyway you should take a sample team and read the doubles overview if you wanna learn more about the tier. If you have any questions or just need help building or battling, check the doubles room on pokemon showdown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)