Movin' On Up (Submissions!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Crabominable
New Stats: 100/150/90/70/90/90
New Typing: Fighting/Ice
Added Moves: Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, Meteor, Pin Missle
Abilities: Slush Rush/Iron Fist (Adaptability)
Justification: The Pokedex entry says a Crabrawler adapted to the cold winter mountains, explaining it's hidden ability. Slush Rush for speed. Meteor Mash and Pin Missile also adds to its lore of punching abilities and launching its own pincers.
Niche in OU: Can provide better bulk and potentially revenge kill and sweep with Hail up

Fast Sweeper
Crabominable @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Slush Rush/Adaptability
EVs: 252 Att/4 Def/252 Speed
-Drain Punch
-Ice Shard
-Meteor Mash/Pin Missile
-Bulk Up

Drain Punch and Bulk Up for longetivity, Ice Shard for outspeeding certain flying types, Pin Missile for Psychic or Meteor Mash for other threats.

Last edited:
Name: Crabominable
New Stats: 100/150/90/70/90/90
New Typing: Fighting/Ice
Added Moves: Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, Meteor, Pin Missle
Abilities: Slush Rush/Iron Fist (Adaptability)
Justification: The Pokedex entry says a Crabrawler adapted to the cold winter mountains, explaining it's hidden ability. Slush Rush for speed. Meteor Mash and Pin Missile also adds to its lore of punching abilities and launching its own pincers.
Niche in OU: Can provide better bulk and potentially revenge kill and sweep with Hail up

Fast Sweeper
Crabominable @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Slush Rush/Adaptability
EVs: 252 Att/4 Def/252 Speed
-Drain Punch
-Ice Shard
-Meteor Mash/Pin Missile
-Bulk Up

Drain Punch and Bulk Up for longetivity, Ice Shard for outspeeding certain flying types, Pin Missile for Psychic or Meteor Mash for other threats.
Too fast, my dude! Hold your Mudsdale!

High quality sub, though, just save it for later. I guess that means Crabominable is going to have to be in the first Alola slate...

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Too fast, my dude! Hold your Mudsdale!

High quality sub, though, just save it for later. I guess that means Crabominable is going to have to be in the first Alola slate...
yup. i guess I'll open voting? Not really sure though...

Muk: Pika Xreme
Torkoal: Pika Xreme
Delibird: Luidcrousity
Beartic: Ludicrousity
Dusknoir: Ludicrousity

Idk if there really needs to be much of a vote as we are not competing for a spot against each other. We could probably just include all of them except for mine, unless enough people want it or something.

I know this is kind of late but I just realized Vanillux's abilities were not changed so would it still get Snow Warning?
Also Bellossom now gets Quiver Dance in game so maybe give it something like Encore to fill the 4th slot?

I know this is kind of late but I just realized Vanillux's abilities were not changed so would it still get Snow Warning?
Also Bellossom now gets Quiver Dance in game so maybe give it something like Encore to fill the 4th slot?
oh, late-term submit the first one and i'll change my vote, because we've gone soft

Ludicrousity

Muk: Pika Xreme
Torkoal: Pika Xreme
Delibird: Luidcrousity
Beartic: Ludicrousity
Dusknoir: Ludicrousity
Sawsbuck: Do Not Change
Bellosom: Speny

Meganium
Grass/fairy
Simple
New moves: calm mind,curse,moonblast,amnesia/rapid spin/cosmic power.(maybe too op?)
Meganium becomes a tank to be reckoned with, well still staying not too insane because that 4x weakness to poison. But still gains ridiculous bulk and ability to set up a sweep with a amazing fairy stab aswell as working as a good cleric with aromatherapy.

Ludicrousity

Meganium
Grass/fairy
Simple
New moves: calm mind,curse,moonblast,amnesia/rapid spin/cosmic power.(maybe too op?)
Meganium becomes a tank to be reckoned with, well still staying not too insane because that 4x weakness to poison. But still gains ridiculous bulk and ability to set up a sweep with a amazing fairy stab aswell as working as a good cleric with aromatherapy.
sorry, this isn't allowed at the moment, since Meganium isn't in the slate. either way, VOTING IS NOW CLOSED. everything except Sawsbuk is changed. no new slate yet, so discussion, I guess.

Ludicrousity

This pet mod = dead...

If anyone thinks they can run this, or wants to, PM me about it. :)

Ludicrousity

I was waiting until the tiers solidified. Don't worry, it's near the end of the month, so usage data should get in soon and we should have a more solid UU at the least, and an alpha RU at the most.
Well, I'm still gonna be here, but Vanilish Wafer is taking my spot. Good luck to you all :)

Ok, I have a few criticisms. I'm bringing these things up not because I don't like the project, but rather because I really want to see it do well.

Firstly, there's like 400 fully evolved pokemon. Doing them all before gen 8 is probably possible, but I really doubt it will be done in time to actually play anything. Is there some kind of goal for the resulting meta? This gen just started, and it would be nice if there was some kind of projection, like: "We are encouraging X type of meta, therefore submit pokemon who fill x roles." Or "based on this list of the top 100 most popular pokemon, the following pokemon will be a priority before we make anything playable." Or even simply: "We want there to be at least 200 C rank or higher OU pokemon." A plan to create a certain type of meta, add a certain number of pokemon, or even just check/threaten key OU pokemon would be greatly helpful to the direction of this project, as "Buff every pokemon" is much too broad and is holding the project back from getting implemented anywhere.

Also, be aware that an increase of the number of viable pokemon will change the landscape of OU greatly. Pokemon like Landorus T will become even BETTER once the ability to check specific pokemon is no longer possible at all due to the huge number of threats. Versatile blanket check pokemon will be needed, and perhaps should be encouraged.

Also, why the BST lock of 590? Typing, ability, and movepool are just as much a part of a pokemon's success as their stat total. Sometimes a low BST is a good way to create weaknesses in your pokemon. Flygon has a BST of 520. Weavile has a BST of 510. It's largely apparent which pokemon actually has anything to lend to OU. If weavile had another 80 bst, it would either be too bulky, a mixed attacker, or have insane attack/speed. Look at Amoonguss! That thing has a BST of 464, but regenerator gives it theoretically infinite HP based on the skill of the player. I mean, I can understand a BST CAP, but a flat lock is not helping do anything but make every pokemon into garchomp.

Actually, IS this intended to be playable? Maybe I'm just raining on the parade of a fun theorymoning thread, but I figure playtesting is necesarry to see if any of these changes were successful or healthy. More importantly, if it is playable more people will come. That makes setting a goal for a first playable version even more important, as it tells people at which point in the future their submissions will be making a tangible impact.

This Pet Mod is restarting right now! I'm going to count the votes tomorrow and give you the results.

Ok, I have a few criticisms. I'm bringing these things up not because I don't like the project, but rather because I really want to see it do well.

Firstly, there's like 400 fully evolved pokemon. Doing them all before gen 8 is probably possible, but I really doubt it will be done in time to actually play anything. Is there some kind of goal for the resulting meta? This gen just started, and it would be nice if there was some kind of projection, like: "We are encouraging X type of meta, therefore submit pokemon who fill x roles." Or "based on this list of the top 100 most popular pokemon, the following pokemon will be a priority before we make anything playable." Or even simply: "We want there to be at least 200 C rank or higher OU pokemon." A plan to create a certain type of meta, add a certain number of pokemon, or even just check/threaten key OU pokemon would be greatly helpful to the direction of this project, as "Buff every pokemon" is much too broad and is holding the project back from getting implemented anywhere.

Also, be aware that an increase of the number of viable pokemon will change the landscape of OU greatly. Pokemon like Landorus T will become even BETTER once the ability to check specific pokemon is no longer possible at all due to the huge number of threats. Versatile blanket check pokemon will be needed, and perhaps should be encouraged.

Also, why the BST lock of 590? Typing, ability, and movepool are just as much a part of a pokemon's success as their stat total. Sometimes a low BST is a good way to create weaknesses in your pokemon. Flygon has a BST of 520. Weavile has a BST of 510. It's largely apparent which pokemon actually has anything to lend to OU. If weavile had another 80 bst, it would either be too bulky, a mixed attacker, or have insane attack/speed. Look at Amoonguss! That thing has a BST of 464, but regenerator gives it theoretically infinite HP based on the skill of the player. I mean, I can understand a BST CAP, but a flat lock is not helping do anything but make every pokemon into garchomp.

Actually, IS this intended to be playable? Maybe I'm just raining on the parade of a fun theorymoning thread, but I figure playtesting is necesarry to see if any of these changes were successful or healthy. More importantly, if it is playable more people will come. That makes setting a goal for a first playable version even more important, as it tells people at which point in the future their submissions will be making a tangible impact.
G-Luke made this and I am not G-Luke, so there's a lot of stuff in this I can't accurately answer. Nevertheless, I will try to answer some of it. On revamping all unviable Pokemon before gen 8, as you said that's not very likely to happen. Near impossible, even. As for a goal for the resulting meta, to quote G-Luke's OP, "Movin' On Up is about making all ALL fully evolved Pokemon NU and below S to A ranked in OU!". So, we're aiming to make bad Pokemon the dominant forces of OU, filling the high tiers with them (S and A). On your comment about the new OU meta requiring blanket checks more than anything else due to the sheer number of things, that is definitely a point. I would encourage making a percentage of buffed Pokemon fill this gluey blanket check role, but there's nothing I can think of to really remedy this in such a big meta. It's not standard OU in any way. The BST lock is something I'm afraid to touch, as it was a rule created by G-Luke. He probably had his reasons, but once again, I am not him so I can't tell you anything about this. Whether this is intended to ever be playable is another thing I'm not clear on. I'd almost put this in the same boat as Fusion Evolution, where I sincerely doubt it will ever get coded. Of course, if it happens it happens and I do hope it does get coded. Playtesting is in the same vein, although I agree that platesting is important to make sure a meta is stable.

Ludicrousity

This Pet Mod is restarting right now! I'm going to count the votes tomorrow and give you the results.

G-Luke made this and I am not G-Luke, so there's a lot of stuff in this I can't accurately answer. Nevertheless, I will try to answer some of it. On revamping all unviable Pokemon before gen 8, as you said that's not very likely to happen. Near impossible, even. As for a goal for the resulting meta, to quote G-Luke's OP, "Movin' On Up is about making all ALL fully evolved Pokemon NU and below S to A ranked in OU!". So, we're aiming to make bad Pokemon the dominant forces of OU, filling the high tiers with them (S and A). On your comment about the new OU meta requiring blanket checks more than anything else due to the sheer number of things, that is definitely a point. I would encourage making a percentage of buffed Pokemon fill this gluey blanket check role, but there's nothing I can think of to really remedy this in such a big meta. It's not standard OU in any way. The BST lock is something I'm afraid to touch, as it was a rule created by G-Luke. He probably had his reasons, but once again, I am not him so I can't tell you anything about this. Whether this is intended to ever be playable is another thing I'm not clear on. I'd almost put this in the same boat as Fusion Evolution, where I sincerely doubt it will ever get coded. Of course, if it happens it happens and I do hope it does get coded. Playtesting is in the same vein, although I agree that platesting is important to make sure a meta is stable.
The truth is, G-Luke limited the BST to 590 so that we wouldn't have like 500 Psuedo legendaries, but also not to weak to be completely reliant on abilities and movepools

Update on the situation.

I am now co-leading with Ludi for all intents and purposes. Since we have so few submissions, we have decided to reopen submission phase for a few days!

Ludicrousity

Where's the slate (if there's one right now) ?
Well, the current slate is just changing the previous winners to be gen 7, so like giving them gen 7 abilities, or gen 7 Moves. Just don't edit around too much (looking at you Speny >_>)

Well, the current slate is just changing the previous winners to be gen 7, so like giving them gen 7 abilities, or gen 7 Moves. Just don't edit around too much (looking at you Speny >_>)
to be honest the intention was mostly to make it so muk wasn't screwed up irreversibly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)