Monotype Tournament - Steel HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I am fairly new to the VGC and have an upcoming tournament. My type is Steel, and I've made a build that works decently on Showdown. However, I feel outmatched by mainly water, flying and some rock types like Conkeldurr.

Any help and/or advice for how to improve this build? Make changes?

Jirachi @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Sandstorm

Jirachi is my lead, almost every time. I set up with Sandstorm, then Body Slam for PAR and U-turn into another Mon, fit for the battle. This will often be Aron for the Shed Bell/Endeavor run, or Ferrothorn for Stealth Rock.
Focus Sash is a nice little trick that has proved very helpfull, so I am sure that Jirachi can set up or at least get one Attack in before he faints. It's seldom that I benefit from using Wish so I've thought about changing it for another, Physic or something else.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory has proven to be the best choice I ever made for the team - it works brilliantly with Toxic and Roost, a fearfull combination with Stealth Rock and Whirlwind, and Brave Bird just hits decently all around. Skarmory have good enough defenses that it seldomly get one shot, even when using Brave Bird.
But please do elaborate!

Aron @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Roar
- Iron Head

Not much to say - works when the opponent isn't prepared or dont have Knock off Mons or Item Switch mons.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 172 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Stone Edge

I don't think I really understand how to use Heatran, I could use some advice on this. I don't really understand this mon in battle I think. But it has some decent attacks and is usefull aginast Dragon Tyep and to give me some Fire coverage.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Super Effective special attacker, gives the team a better coverage against water teams. Empoleon has proven very usefull.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Walling walling. See description on Jirachi.

Please elaborate and all advices I would be grateful for!:)

Hi! This isn't the right place to RMT your team, I suggest making a thread in the RMT Forum with the Monotype tag. You'll also need to expand on your Pokemon descriptions a bit to give the rater an idea of why you chose your Pokemon, and what role it performs on your team.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! We're glad you're here.

However, new threads in the Monotype forum require approval from the moderation team. Thus, I need to lock this thread.

If you would like some ideas on how to build a Monotype team, check out the various resources here in the sub forum. They are primarily tailored to a singles format though.

Alternatively, drop by the Monotype room on Pokémon Showdown. There are always friendly people that will provide feedback there.

Best of luck with your Steel team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)