Project Monotype Theorymon [Index]

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Voting is now over. The winners are:

iLlama's Torkoal

Tyke's Alolan Sandslash

iLlama's Tsareena

Just a small note, but if you would like to suggest Pokemon to be on future slates please PM me either on PS! or on Smogon and I'll be sure to look at them. Now that that has been said, the next cycle will begin shortly.

Tagging scpinion to move this to the Index.

iLlama

approved by scpinion
Rules / Tips:

• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
Overall boosts in stats must not exceed 10 to prevent broken submissions; however, you may boost stats by up to 30 if you do not change anything else.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 3 changes to a Pokemon. Each new move counts as one move, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!

Cycle 4 Slates:
/
/

Posting Deadline: February 13th 11:59 PM
Voting Deadline: February 16th 11:59 PM

Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

Last edited:

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Base Stats: +10 Speed

Basically the easiest change you can do which has 2 benefits, firstly you now have an actual speed tier to work with (modest 252 speed reaches just under adamant scarf excadrill) and you get the electric damage boost from electric terrain. Literally the only reason to use it over something like Thundurus-T is because of the eterrain boost and it can wear down walls like ferrothorn for xurkitree to sweep later. Oh and bug stab helps with grass i guess.

(might do the other ones later)

Quiver Dance Vikavolt + Speed Boost + 10 Speed

BST = 500: 77 HP / 70 Atk / 90 Def / 145 SpA / 75 SpD / 53 Spe (+10)

Vikavolt @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Electrium-Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Roost / Bug Buzz / HP Ice

Vikavolt needs speed, well here's speed. With speed boost and quiver dance Vikavolt can reach over 450 speed in just one turn to further abuse quiver dance. For bug, Perks of Vikavolt over a Dancer like Volcarona include not being walled by Heatran, immunity to paralysis, strong coverage and sporting an electric resist. For electric, Vikavolt is a strong win-con and tool to bust through poison and grass (Mega-Venusaur).

Vikavolt could run both offensive and defensive sets, as it's respectable bulk, decent defensive typing (only 2 weaknesses) and access to roost to get more boosts and speed up faster make it a strong win-con.

Psychic Surge Claydol + Recover + 10 Special Attack

BST = 500: 60 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 80 SpA (+10) / 120 SpD / 75 Spe

Claydol @ Leftovers / Mind Plate / Psychium-Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin / Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Earth Power / Substitute / Toxic

So looking at Claydol I had a bit of startling discovery. 75 Speed? That's an actually helpful speed tier, outrunning bisharp, breloom, and more! Immunity to priority really helps Claydol check a lot of unpleasant threats for psychic and ground: bisharp, doublade, azumarill.

So the idea of giving it psychic surge is to give Claydol more offensive presence whilst supporting the rest of the team, and giving it recover to give Claydol more sustained presence. The 10 special attack is just to give it a bit more firepower. With these assets Claydol could run Offensive Rapid Spin, Defensive Rapid Spin, Calm Mind Win-condition, or a strong Screens Setter.

Serene Grace Moltres + Fiery Dance + 10 Speed

BST = 580: 90 HP / 100 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 85 SpD / 100 Spe (+10)

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Air Slash / Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog / Substitute / HP Ground

I was going to suggest Magic Guard + Eruption, but I decided to go with something a little different. Serene Grace + Fiery Dance gives Moltres a strong boosting move and attack wrapped into one, while abusing air slash and hurricane's 60% flinch and confusion chances. The +10 speed is, well, because I can.

These new assets can let Moltres run a bulky boosting attacker set to plough through defensive pokemon. Or you can just scarf it to whittle pokemon abusing Air Slash flinches, Hurricane confusion, and Fiery Dance boosting.

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

+10 Speed
Vikavolt @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Volt Switch / Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

While the other people on this thread went with more obvious speed boosting abilities, I decided to go a more annoying route. Giving vikavolt no guard unlocks the potential we all wanted from when the first sneak peak at vikavolt was released. We knew he learned zap cannon, but didn't know of its BST or ability, unfortunately being let down eventually. Zap cannon is an amazing 120 BP STAB with 100% paralyze rate, leading to annoying hijinx akin to dynamic punch machamp, but with more utility. Running max speed on 53 base speed vikavolt allows it to outspeed scarf mons at 300 speed and below when paralyzed (anything <87 speed). I added on focus blast as well to help with the pesky excadrill, as well as benefiting from no guard. It is able to naturally survive scarf excadrill's rock slide, and then counter-kill with focus blast. Unfortunately, it still dies to choice band excadrill, but a minor improvement is better than none. Given the nerf to paralyze and thunderwave that came to gen7, the 100% paralyze rate from zap cannon shouldn't be overly powerful either. Overall, I thought this mon needs something to have it stick out from galvantula, and this set, albeit a potentially hax-promoting set, would do just that.

+10 HP
Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up
- Toxic / Earth Power
- Psyshock / Psychic

First off, thanks to Ticktick for assisting me with this set. Essentially a means of giving claydol a niche on ground (and slightly on psychic) by giving it immunity to a large variety of moves with bulletproof. Some notable ones include bullet seed, energy ball, shadow ball, sludge bomb, and gyro ball. This would make claydol a great switch-in for ground on mons carrying grass coverage, as well as a switch-in for shadow ball on psychic type. Shore up is an alternative to recover with the added niche of healing 2/3rd HP while in sandstorm (sand ground zzz). The +10 HP is just for more bulk.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

I think this is a bit of an obvious change, but it's definitely a needed one. Magic guard on moltres would add a much needed hazard remover for fire type. Considering right now, most fire teams only run rapid spin on torkoal, it becomes a tricky game of trying to keep him alive to deal with stealth rocks (and set sun) while still taking down your opponent. Giving moltres immunity to stealth rocks immediately makes it a more viable mon overall, allowing fire teams to run dual removal to prevent their team from plainly dying to stealth rocks. Moltres already has bulk akin to zapdos, allowing it to be an okay special wall with roost and leftovers. In order to keep it interesting, I decided to turn moltres into a mini ho-oh with the addition of sacred fire and brave bird. Moltres has a decent base 100 attack allowing its STAB attacks to fair well even unboosted. Sacred fire grants a 50% chance to burn physical threats to cover the 0def evs, and brave bird just adds general flying coverage.

Ideally, I would've liked to keep moltres special with hurricane + maybe burn up, but unfortunately, hurricane is only 50% accuracy in sun, which is up pretty often nowadays on fire teams.

Last edited:
Quick question- are the Ability changes adding an extra ability or replacing a current one? For example, for Levitators who usually only have 1 ability- do they get an extra ability slot or does it replace Levitate altogether? Might change my submission depending on the answer...

Claydol + Ground/Fire + Water Absorb + Shore Up
Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Toxic

Turning Claydol into a living desert mud doll that absorbs water. Water Absorb gives Ground/Fire teams a safe switch-in against Water teams and the ever-annoying Scald that can ruin a lot of physical Ground types attackers. Its secondary Ground typing gives it some useful resistances to Fire, Bug, Steel, Poison and Fairy and a neutrality to Grass. Coupled with Water Absorb, it can be a switch-in against Rain teams with an immunity to Water/Electric attacks. Fire type teams would love a SR neutral spinner, and its Ground STAB gives it some presence against Rock type teams (and it would love any Sandstorms thanks to Shore Up). While it does lack Fire STAB, it does have solid coverage with the surprising Ice Beam in its movepool (good for Grass teams). It also gives Ground teams a better Special Sponge.

An example of its synergy is the Fairy resistance making it a good core with something like Garchomp, absorbing incoming Will-o-wisps/Scalds while cleanly resisting Fairy attacks aimed at the dragon (and being neutral to Ice attack helps as well). If Levitate is still a primary ability it could be an option to switch it around with Levitate to change your only weakness (Levitate makes it a better spinner) but Water Absorb is usually the superior niche.

Vikavolt + Earth Power + Quiver Dance + Sheer Force
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball/Earth Power

Sheer Force utilises that monstrous Special Attack stat to the fullest, giving extra oomph to its moves who all have secondary effects (and coincidentally have the same 90 base power). This coupled with Quiver Dance, gives it extra wallbreaking power. Earth Power gives it more coverage options, and allows it to hit Steel/Fire/Rocks hard, which is useful for Bug type teams or for Excadrill/Steelix for Electric type teams. This Vikavolt really appreciates paralysis support/Sticky Web, which can be set up by Electric/Bug teams respectively. If you can add Electric Terrain to that, then watch things get heavily damaged. Sleep Powder support from Bug teams are also appreciated to setup.

Moltres + Fire/Fairy + Levitate + Moonblast
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Will-o-wisp/Defog

Since Magic Guard is already taken. Trying a different approach by changing Moltres's Flying typing into the more useful Fairy type (Firebirds/Phoenixes are pretty mythical). It now takes less damage from Stealth Rock/Rock moves, loses Electric weakness, still 4x resists Bug and gains an Ice resistance. All this in exchange for a slightly less resistance to Grass, a neutrality to Steel and a Poison weakness- all types that aren't usually the best offensive typings anyway.

Levitate keeps its immunity to Ground and Spike hazards which is useful for Defog sets (loss of Flying type eases pressure from rocks) and for Fire teams in general. In particular, Fire/Fairy + Levitate protects it and its teammates from Dragon/Ground/Fire coverage, making it a good switch-in for something like Garchomp. With Will-o-wisp/Defog support, it can go defensive (physical defensive sets would be great for Fairy vs Steel matchups), or you can go more offensive with that 125 Special Attack stat. Will-o-wisp is probably better since your STABs are hard countered by the likes of Toxapex, Tentacruel and Nihilego so at least a burn puts some pressure on them.

The advantages of its typing is a great boon for Fairy teams who now have a more offensive presence against Steel type teams. Moonblast is necessary STAB, and is just better coverage compared to Flying type offensively- it still hits Fighting types and can now score super effective hits against Dark/Dragon (the latter especially use for Fire vs Dragon matchups). As for Bug/Grass types, the Fire STAB can easily handle those. It does struggle against other Fire types though, which can be covered by Hidden Power Ground. As an aside, Flying type teams won't probably miss Moltres too much since they have Mega Charizard-Y/Talonflame for Fire/Flying spot options.

Last edited:

iLlama

Quick question- are the Ability changes adding an extra ability or replacing a current one? For example, for Levitators who usually only have 1 ability- do they get an extra ability slot or does it replace Levitate altogether? Might change my submission depending on the answer...
You are giving it a new ability. It would be impractical to just change a pre-existing one since Pokemon can have more than one ability.

iLlama

iLlama

approved by scpinion
Rules / Tips:

• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
Overall boosts in stats must not exceed 10 to prevent broken submissions; however, you may boost stats by up to 30 if you do not change anything else.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 3 changes to a Pokemon. Each new move counts as one move, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!

Cycle 5 Slates:

Sun and Moon Starters Special
/
/

Posting Deadline: February 21st 11:59 PM
Voting Deadline: February 24th 11:59 PM

Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

WIP

Primarina + Serene Grace + Recover + 10 Speed

Primarina @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold/Modest Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Recover

Primarina has some nice resistances with that nice Water/Fairy typing and nice Special Defense, so adding Recover to its moveset allows it to capitalise on this special bulk and heal off damage from Life Orb sets. Serene Grace gives it a niche that other Water types would love- a doubled Burn chance! This gives Primarina some team support in case it faces something it can't muscle past. Its other coverage options also get the Serene Grace benefit, namely Moonblast's Special Attack lowering effect and Psychic's Special Defense lowering effect- both giving great synergy to Primarina's stat strengths, An addition 10 Speed gives it a little boost, since it doesn't outspeed much with that Speed stat.

Incineroar + Sucker Punch + Gunk Shot + Tough Claws
Incineroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Gunk Shot/Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch

Well it has those giant claws... Incineroar has an unfortunate Speed stat, which is now remedied by a new STAB priority move in Sucker Punch. Tough Claws give it extra power on all its relevant moves, allowing it to maximise damage output. As for Gunk Shot, Incineroar has a slight niche of being neutral to Fairy types in Dark Monotype teams (Fire STAB handles Magearna). What Gunk Shot does is adds on to this niche for Dark teams, by providing an answer to other Fairy types such as Clefable and the Tapus.

Decidueye + Regenerator + Will-o-wisp + Parting Shot
Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Parting Shot
- Will-o-wisp
- U-turn/Defog/Leaf Blade

Trap, cripple, then switch out. Regenerator goes with Decideueye's pivoting role and can ease the pressure of needing to have Roost in your moveset. It also has great synergy with U-turn and Parting Shot . Will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers even more, softening their Attack stat as you switch in your next pokemon.

Last edited:
So I'm gonna be basic.

Primarina + Liquid Voice + Boomburst + 10 Speed

[ BST = 540 (+10): 80 HP / 74 Atk / 74 Def / 126 SpA / 116 SpD / 70 Spe (+10) ]

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power [Fire]
Give Primarina the nuke we all thought of when we saw her Hidden Ability a few months ago. Liquid Voice gives Boomburst STAB, making it a huge nuke for both Water and Fairy teams and makes Primarina damn near impossible to switch into with it's assorted coverage options. +10 Speed gives it a more desirable speed tier. It could even find a place on Rain Teams with how impossible it is to wall.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 192-227 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 156+ SpD Zapdos: 312-367 (81.2 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 243-286 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Togekiss: 241-285 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 214-252 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Psychic vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 252-298 (70.1 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Psychic vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 230-272 (75.6 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Lanturn: 225-265 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Lanturn in Rain: 246-291 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Rain: 221-261 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex in Rain: 200-236 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 210-248 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu in Rain: 288-340 (102.1 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Zapdos in Rain: 450-531 (117.1 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Alright, so, Decidueye....

Decidueye + Cursed Body + Taunt + 10 HP

[ BST = 540 (+10): 88 HP (+10) / 107 Atk / 75 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 70 Spe ]

Decidueye @ Ghostium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Curse
- Roost
- Taunt

Just a few upgrades to Decidueye to make it better at trapping and disposing of threats! Cursed Body adds the potential to disable moves on top of trapping, while Taunt lets Decidueye ruin defensive pokemon's day. +10 HP just helps Bolster Decidueye's bulk. This set in particular is to utilize Z-Curse, which heals the user to full upon usage, but lefties is fine too.

Incineroar + Moxie + Sucker Punch + 10 Attack

[ BST = 540 (+10): 95 HP / 125 Atk (+10) / 90 Def / 80 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Spe ]

Incineroar @ Incinium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat​

You need a lot of moxie to survive in the ring. Giving Incineroar solid priority in Sucker Punch, a bit more power with +10 Attack, and a way snowballing and sweeping with Moxie will help carve out a niche for it on Fire and Dark teams.
+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 248 HP / 84+ Def Hippowdon: 459-541 (109.5 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 334-394 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 322-381 (86 - 101.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 387-456 (127.7 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 298-352 (70.7 - 83.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 377-444 (110.2 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Incineroar Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Nihilego: 439-517 (122.2 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Incineroar
Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry / Normalium Z
Ability: Blaze / Intimidate (gf please)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake / Flare Blitz / Leech Life
- Sucker Punch
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch

I really can't think of much to make incineroar /that/ much better, it's a pretty unfortunate mon. It doesn't really add much to fire type, but it does take neutral damage to fairy moves for dark teams (with it's average bulk of 95/90/90). This set effectively turns incineroar into a dark/fire azumarill. Giving it belly drum lets it utilize its decent attack stat and bulk, while adding priority in STAB sucker punch and bullet punch give it the potential to sweep teams, as well as help with the fairy matchup, without flat dying due to its horrible speed.

Primarina + 10 HP (90 HP)
Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Toxic / Encore

The idea of this set is to work as a replacement lanturn on water type teams. Volt absorb is given to catch the electric attacks, and nullify them (that rubber nose doe). Recover is given for sustainability, while the rest of the set is pretty average. Heal bell could be added over the +10 HP, but another mon could run that if the plan is for a stall team.

Decidueye +10 Spe (80 Spe)
Decidueye @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch / Roost
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade / Stone Edge
- Spirit Shackle

Ideally this set would be run on a hazard stacking ghost or grass team. Decidueye naturally spin blocks, with having the added benefit of gaining +2 attack if they want to defog thanks to defiant, making it a decent switch-in for a fair number of mons. Adding +10 speed allows you to outspeed a few mons that you otherwise wouldn't, these include adamant band excadrill (when sand isn't up), as well as max speed heatran and diggersby, to name a few. Stone edge is added as an optional move if you'd like to hit those defoggers a bit harder.

Last edited:

iLlama

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)