Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Will work on it once I get a free moment.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Rasputin (Golem-Alola) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 184 Atk / 160 SpA / 164 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Lily (Nihilego) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Encore

Lord Helix (Omastar) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch / Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

The basic jist of this team is to set hazards in webs and rocks then have Specs Nihilego and Band Terrakion just clean through the opposing team. Tyranitar helps Psychic types with pursuit and can tank a steel type attack and return with fire punch. Golem traps annoying steel types like mega scizor and megagross and dents them with its attacks. Lord Helix is the teams premiere Ground check as it has the complete ground ripping set smash+balloon and 3 ground denting attacks. The team helps ultimately chip down the opposing one for Nihilego, Terrakion or Omastar to clean up the opposing team.

Last edited:

Golem-Alola @ Firium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off

This team is very similar to my old Mega Aggron Rock, except this one has Alolan Golem over Mega Aggron as the steel counter. In basic terms, this team is probably Rock's best chance of beating Steel, barring grass knot Mega Metagross, which pretty much beats Rock no matter what it runs. By running both Rhyperior AND A-Golem, the goal of the team is to reliably check most of the threats Steel is gonna throw at the team, from Mega Metagross to Scarf Excadrill all the way to LO Bisharp. The A-Golem set is interesting because of it's item. By using Firium Z and Fire Blast, A-Golem can forgo having to run Sp. atk investment in order to OHKO Mega Scizor, allowing it to boost it's fairly impressive 120 Base Attack. The Speed EVs are utilized to be able to outspeed max Speed Adamant Mega Scizor under webs, which usually runs Superpower and would beat A-Golem without the investment. (More Speed investment can be run to outspeed Skarmory, at the cost of bulk)

Omastar is the team's main Special attacker, utilizing the classic Ground killer set. It's important to note that it also allows the team to check Scarf Excadrill by forcing it to click Iron Head, which obviously A-Golem can take if Mega Scizor is taken care of or isn't on the Steel team. The Terrakion set is the standard ORAS CB Steel-breaker, but it's now forced to run Poison Jab in order for the team to not be completely annihilated by Tapu Bulu. Tyranitar is the main Special switch-in on the team, running enough HP to confortably take A-Raichu Focus Blasts and also Timid Lando-I Focus Blast. Rhyperior is the standard ORAS set, which allows the team to actually have a small chance of beating Fighting, and it also provides the team with a Mega Sharpedo check, since it actually does live a Waterfall from it. (If it's Mixed, then obviously T-tar can deal with it)
Finally Shuckle gives the team Webs and Rocks support and allows CB Terrakion to be used to it's maximum potential.

Just a few things I'd like to quickly address:

maybe if stun is added to the participants list
I've said before that if a description isn't added to your team then I will not put it on the ballot. There's no hard feelings, and I realize it was by mistake, but those are the rules.

On another note, while there's no penalty for only voting for one team, I encourage you guys vote for two different people during the voting phase of the cycles!
~~~

The winner of Cycle 3 is TheAce22! Congratulations!

TheAce22 (and Overseer) - 7
The Excadrill - 6
Bitana - 4
Alpha-Harpreet - 1

As for Cycle 4: This week, to kick off the new year, we'll be featuring the Ice type, with the Pokemon being...

Alolan Ninetales, and...

Weavile!

Best of luck, Teambuilders! The deadline for submissions for Cycle 4 will be next Saturday, 1/7/2017! Happy New Year!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Iron Head / Earth Power

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Aurorus and Ninetales are the teams weather setters and can help stop Rain, Sand and Sun. Ninetales works as the teams premiere Fighting type check and makes A-Sandslash's job of sweeping a bit easier because of Aurora Veil. HP Fire is to catch annoying steel types off guard and the obvious choice of stab goes to Blizzard as it hits 100% of the time in snow and is an extremely powerful move. Alolan Sandslash is the teams premiere sweeper with access to the use of slush rush it outpaces pokemon such as Scarf Victini under Hail especially thats been boosted to 8 turns by Ninetales Icy Rock. Rapid Spin is the teams way to clear the hazard of rocks, EQ helps Sandslash take care of annoying Fire and Steel types like heatran. Then Sandslash runs Icicle Crash+Iron Head as really strong stab spam to make sweeping through opposing teams easier. Leech Life is an option over EQ as it can help deal with psychic types but typical EQ is better coverage. Kyurem-Black is the teams premiere Scarf user to have some speed control outside of Hail with Sandslash. Outrage is insanely good stab that is really hard to wall, Ice Beam is Kyurem's only reliable Stab ice attack and can help take out flying types easier, and fusion bolt makes Flying and Water teams to really struggle vs Kyurem. Boltbeam is insane coverage that is resisted by a really small portion of the metagame. Finally Iron Head can be used to hitthe increasingly popular fairy type for super effective damage or if you really have a tough time against steel and fire earth power is an option and injunction with Earth Power can break annoying pokemon such as Scarf Magnezone for ice. Weavile is a really strong wallbreaker and is the teams premiere pokemon to be sent in after a sack to revenge kill scarfed victini. Banded Pursuit really is mainly for taking out Victini but can also be good for taking out another annoying pokemon for ice such as spd jirachi which is a nuissance to ice monotypes. Knock off + Icicle Crash are Weaviles main stab attacks that hit insanely powerfully with Choice Band. Finally Ice Shard can help weavile clean through opposing teams late game with ease and is a great priority attack. Aurorus is the teams second hail setter and is used as more of a suicude lead with rocks. Aurorus can use Encore to stop pokemon like Scizor from setting up swords dance and can stop most setup sweepers. Thunder Wave is for extra speed control and Blizzard is super spammable stab thanks to its high base power and hail. Mamoswine is a nice wall breaker and really only adds power to the team with a strong spammable ground type stab attack and knock off which can ease the pressure in Psychic type matchups. It also along with Weavile is a great late game sweeper with Ice Shards.

Last edited:
Double Team Madness!

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Nasty Plot

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 92 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Ninetales is one of the best additions to Ice teams this generation, being part Fairy type to make it one of the best Fighting checks, access to Snow Warning, and its fantastic base 109 speed tier (enough to completely outspeed any non scarfed Fighting Pokemon)! The set I'm running here is meant to abuse Aurora Veil, which completely halves damage (which for a type like Ice that has as many weaknesses as it has, this is astounding to have). Aside from that, I have Nasty Plot to further boost its often underwhelming Special Attack to much more dangerous levels, and be able to spam Blizzard and Moonblast to a much easier extent.

Weavile was the second required mon to use, and the niche it brings to ice teams is the fact that it's able to check Psychic teams. Here I'm running a standard LO set, with Swords Dance to potentially punish switch-ins. Otherwise, Knock Off in general comes in handy, especially for getting rid of Eviolites (and with no Mamoswine on this team, it would be difficult to break otherwise).

Kyurem is the scarfer I've chosen to us, and its arguably one of the most reliable. Access to perfect neutral coverage in Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt makes it hard to wall, and Outrage hits incredibly hard when unresisted (making cleaning late game much much easier). Earth Power prevents it from being walled by bulky Steel types, and its able to hit stuff like Rotom-W with levitate.

Piloswine is who I've chosen as my SR setter to use. Thanks to the Eviolite, its granted amazing bulk, and with Thick Fat it makes to be a great check to most Fire types (it's able to check both Mega Charizard X, Y, and Volcarona with the EVs it has, and its hard to bring a good switch-in to this). Ice Shard additionally allows me to do easy revenge kills with +1 priority, picking off of faster threats once weakened enough. It's good to note its bulk is further multiplied all around once Aurora Veil is set up

Avalugg is THE best Rapid Spinner to use on ice, with absurd Defensive and good recovery, not to mention the ability to soft check a wide range of threats (including Terrakion!). Normally I run Earthquake as a coverage move to also hit Bisharp, however in this instance I felt Toxic was a lot better to pressure most hazard setters, and to be sure Stealth Rock stays off.

Lapras is my designated Scizor check, with speed EVs to creep most bulky Mega Scizor variants, as well as Specs HP Fire to OHKO 100% of the time after Stealth Rocks. Other than that, it makes to be a great check to Water teams thanks to Freeze-Dry, and immunity to the type's main STAB attacks. I also have Hydro Pump and Surf to help do solid damage against Fire (one for a solid strong hitting attack, the other if I feel lucky/need a certain KO that Surf would not be able to provide).

#VoteStunken!
We're just that stinkin' good!

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Nasty Plot

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss
- Trick Room

Crabominable @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Crabhammer
- Pursuit

Ticken and I both worked on this team together, and I have to admit, it's pretty beastly. It's semi-Trick Room, with one singular setter, 3 potential abusers, and 2 that can function outside of it.
Once again Ninetales is used, being part Fairy type to make it one of the best Fighting checks, access to Snow Warning, and its fantastic base 109 speed tier (enough to completely outspeed any non scarfed Fighting Pokemon)! The set I'm running here is meant to abuse Aurora Veil, which completely halves damage (which for a type like Ice that has as many weaknesses as it has, this is astounding to have). Aside from that, I have Nasty Plot to further boost its often underwhelming Special Attack to much more dangerous levels, and be able to spam Blizzard and Moonblast to a much easier extent.

Weavile was the second required mon to use, and the niche it brings to ice teams is the fact that it's able to check Psychic teams. Here I'm running a standard LO set, with Swords Dance to potentially punish switch-ins.

Piloswine is also used on this team as a much needed Fire check, an SR setter, and a Trick Room abuser. The EVs on this one make its Attack a lot stronger, while still retaining a pretty good amount of bulk.

Lapras is my designated Scizor check, with speed EVs to creep most bulky Mega Scizor variants, as well as Specs HP Fire to OHKO 100% of the time after Stealth Rocks. Other than that, it makes to be a great check to Water teams thanks to Freeze-Dry, and immunity to the type's main STAB attacks. I also have Hydro Pump and Surf to help do solid damage against Fire (one for a solid strong hitting attack, the other if I feel lucky/need a certain KO that Surf would not be able to provide). This is the 2nd Pokemon that's able to abuse Trick Room.

Jynx is my lone Trick Room setter, with a Focus Sash ensuring majority of the time TR is set up at least once successfully. Aside from that, Psychic is the STAB attack used, and Focus Blast is there to hit most Steel and Dark types. Lovely Kiss is given more or less as a filler, but if it hits it puts the target to sleep, which can be pretty handy if you're feeling lucky enough.

Crabominable is the final abuser, and arguably the most dangerous. This thing has little to no walls, and with max Attack, LO, and 2 incredibly strong STABs, it hits like a truck! Crabhammer is good coverage to further help against Fire and Rock types, and Pursuit is to punish Pokemon who want to switch out of it. Thanks to its incredibly slow speed, and the fact that it is as hard to wall as it is, it makes to be an extremely dangerous TR abuser!

Last edited:
stat1c Productions presents
Defying Generic : A glass of Iced Tea

Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Earthquake

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Low Kick

Kyurem-Black @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Gyro Ball
- Mirror Coat

As one half of the core, Ninetales-Alola was one of the best new tools Ice received in Gen 7 with access to STAB Fairy moves to check some Fighting-types, as well as being the only Pokemon (along with it's pre-evo) that has both Snow Warning and the invaluable Aurora Veil. Standard EV investment in speed and special attack so it can hit as hard and fast as it's stats allow, and for a fast set-up of Aurora Veil. Encore is used to build momentum for the team vs slower set-up Pokemon and slow hazard setters. Freeze-Dry is used over Blizzard to hit Water types hard especially water/ground like Gastrodon and Swampert, as well as Kingdra and Mantine/Pelipper. Light clay allows for an 8 turn Aurora Veil which outlasts hail by 3 turns barring the introduction of Sandstorm, Rain or Sun.

Piloswine was chosen for utility Stealth Rocks and phazing with roar. It was chosen over Aurorus because of a better defensive typing and 2 useful abilities. Eviolite and the SpD ev's are to give it as much special bulk as possible, allowing it survive an attack from +1 Volcarona and phase with Roar. Oblivious was chosen over Thick Fat so it could ignore taunt and freely use it's status moves, most notably from taunt Infernape and Heatran. Stab Earthquake gets decent damage on the Rock/Fire/Steel types that Ice dislikes. Toxic to wear down walls, most notably Mega Slowbro.

The presence of Piloswine allows Mamoswine to be free of the burden of setting rocks which is invaluable to Ice with it's powerful triple STAB. Choice Scarf was chosen so it could outspeed threats it wouldn't otherwise such as Metagross-Mega. Ice Shard for emergency priority, powerful stab Earthquake to dent Rock/Fire/Steel types and Rock slide to get ohko's on threats like Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona.

The other half of the core and one of the best offensive mons Ice has to offer. The set uses an un-generic Choice Scarf with an Adamant Nature to check threats to ice such as Scarf Jirachi/Victini/Terrakion and other mons that Mamoswine can't outspeed. The standard max ev investment in Attack and Speed remain. Ice Punch is used over Icicle Crash because Weavile is too frail and the chance to miss is nearly always fatal. Poison Jab is to hit the abundance of Fairy types hard, notably the trio of Tapu Bulu, Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini. Low Kick is for heavy Rock and Steel types, notably Terrakion, Tyranitar and Heatran.

Another staple of Ice teams. This un-generic set is meant to abuse it's useful ability in Teravolt. Max Spa with a boosting nature of Rash is so it hits as hard as possible. The Babiri berry is meant as a Scizor check but also helps to check Scarf Magnezone and to survive Sand Rush Excadrill's Iron Head and dent it hard with Earth Power. Making use of it's ability: Ice Beam is powerful STAB that allows it to OHKO Weakness Policy Dragonite and put a huge dent in Mega Venusaur. HP Fire to check Scizor and OHKO Foretress, while also breaking Heatran's Air Balloon on the switch. Earth Power to OHKO Sturdy Magnezone, check Heatran, and hit mons with levitate such as Rotom and Weezing. Fusion Bolt is added to hit water types, most notably Mantine on Flying.

The last mon to round out the team and the most reliable hazard control Ice has. The given EV's allow Avalugg to best abuse Mirror Coat vs it's many special offensive switchins, most notably Keldeo. Sturdy in tandem with recover also helps against set up mons like Clefable and most notably Volcarona. Gyro Ball is to make use of Avalugg's terrible speed and for fast Dark types like Scarf Hoopa/Hydreigon and Greninja who are immune to Mirror Coat. Recover in tandem with Rocky Helmet helps get chip damage vs physical offensive mons with contact moves.

Weavile vs Scarf Terrakion - 252+ Atk Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 294-348 (91 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (guaranteed in Hail)

Weavile vs Scarf Victini - 252+ Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 326-386 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rocks)

Weavile vs Scarf Jirachi - 252+ Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 326-386 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rocks)

Kyurem-Black vs Venusaur-Mega - 252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 260-308 (71.6 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem-Black vs Scizor-Mega - 252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor-Mega: 224-268 (65.3 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scizor-Mega vs Kyurem-Black - +2 44 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Babiri Berry Kyurem-Black: 190-225 (48.5 - 57.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Blizzard
- Nasty Plot

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Superpower

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

EVs: 252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Walrein @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Frost Breath

: Alolan ninetails with its ability snow warning and aurora veil helps the team tank hits much better. As for item,Light clay is used to increase the turn of aurora veil. Blizzard is used as it has 100% accuracy in hail and hits hard. Moonblast helps against Pokemon that take less from blizzard such as keldeo. Nasty plot allows to punish switches and turns A-ninetails into a hard hitter. The increased speed of A-ninetails allows it to outspeed non scarf keldeo and terrakion,which helps a lot.
I'm using offensive mamoswine as stealth rock setter. Stealth rock is essential to pressure types like fire and it also helps to break sashes on the opposing team. With Life orb,earthquake hits hard thanks to the high attack stat of mamoswine. Icicle spear is used as It breaks sash and kills. Superpower is for ferrothorn and air balloon heatran mainly.
Since mono ice teams are pressured by stealth rock,using a rapid spinner on the team is mandatory. Avalugg fits in the role very nicely due to its high physical bulk and recovery in the form of recover. Avalanche is a stab moves that doubles in power as avalugg is slow and takes a hit first. Earthquake is to hit rock and fire types. With aurora veil support from A-ninetails,avalugg becomes more bulky.
Weavile with its high speed and attack is an ideal teammate for Ice steam. Life orb is used for power and the ability to select moves. Icicle crash is a good stab move that hits hard when equipped with a life orb. Ice shard is a priority that picks up weakened mons and helps revenge kill faster threats. Knock off is a great utility move that helps in match up such as normal to remove the items such as eviolite. Low kick helps against tyranitar,ferrothorn,heatran all of which are problematic for Mono ice teams.
Kyurem-black is a staple on ice mono teams as it is very good cleaner and revenge killer when equipped with a choice scarf. Outrage is a powerful stab move that ohko a lot of neutral targets and it dents anyway because of its 170 base attack stat. Fusion bolt helps against water match ups. With teravolt earth power hits levitate users such as rotom-wash which are bulky and can be a pain to deal with. Earth power helps immensely against electric and fire match ups too. Ice beam is used on the 4th slot since kyurem-b doesn't have a physical ice stab. However with teravolt, ice beam hits mega venusaur hard ignoring its thick fat ability which can otherwise shrug off ice attacks.
a scizor check is necessary on the ice team and I opted walrein! Walrein being a water/ice type is neutral to bullet punches of scizor,combined with its high natural bulk which is further boosted by aurora veil;walrein checks steel types and scizor quite well. For item,choice specs is used as it allows to ohko scizor with hidden power fire. Frost breath allows walrein to break through Pokemon that set up such as mega sableye,as frost breath always results in a critical hit. Ice beam is an alternative ice stab move that can be used. Surf allows walrein to check rock,fire types as for fire types walrein has thick fat and with aurora veil up it can easily switch in to fire attacks for the team.

I used this team on ladder to test it and it did decently well. Here are some of the replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-509399905 vs fighting.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-509398013 vs electric.(kyurem black steals the show)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-509395520 vs dark
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-509385977 vs Ice

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- pursuit

Beartic @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Roar
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Walrein @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 96 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic
- Super Fang
- Surf

Alolan ninetails with light clay, aurora veil, and snow warning helps the overall bulk of the team. Freeze dry helps to take care of the pesky water/ground and water/flying types that tend to switch in on alolatails thinking it is blizzard. encore is useful for mons trying to set up on alolatails after veil or for mons such as klefki or cleffable that are easiest to predict when they set up.

Weavile is mainly for cleanup late game with banded knock off and getting early picks with pursuit, especially after a scarftini vcreate.

Scarf adamant beartic is mostly used to outspeed everything under hail especially scarf terrakion and is the only ice mon that outspeeds and ohkos besides scarf low kick weavile. Similar to weavile it is good for late game seeping especially vs dark and fighting with access to both play rough and superpower.

Life orb mostly special kyurem black is one of the best leads especially in this steel centered meta. Hp fire is mainly for ferrothorn or the rare scizor u turn start. Ice beam does monsterous damage to skarmory and mega venu, depending on the set can ohko. Fusion bolt is mainly for the water starts but can sometimes bait the skarm switching out v steel and you can earth power next turn which dents steel a lot especially if magnezone, heatran, or excadrill comes in.

Avalugg is always a staple on ice teams and with its reliable recovery and hazard control coupled with its monsterous defense making it able to get rid of hazards on almost any physical mon. Roar is used because avalugg is typically setup fodder without it leading to something like scizor sweeping your team. Gyro ball has a similar funcion as roar except its for getting the kill on speed boosting mons. Also useful for predicting switches into fast fairy or ice mons such as kyurem or tapu koko and unlike earthquake you always threaten to do some damage.

A steel/scizor check is always useful on ice. Specially defensive walrein is used mostly so heatran doesn't get a kill every time it comes in. Super fang is for getting crucial damage on mons that switch into rein for late game weavile/beartic sweeping. toxic is used mainly for normal and a few other stall mons that ice has trouble wallbreaking. hp fire is to do consistent damage mostly to ferrothorn and scizor.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Pre Ice-Age meets Modern Marvels and Inhabitants
(Mamoswine, Kyurem-B, and Weavile) meet (Rotom-Frost, Cryogonal, and Alolan Ninetales)

The Ice Queen (Ninetales-Alola) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Joker (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Snacker (Rotom-Frost) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Punishment (Kyurem-Black) @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Uncle Moa (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Snow Ninja (Cryogonal) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
- The Ice Queen. Her job is to help provide and support deemed necessary for those allied with her. Setting up the hail, last ditch Aurora Veil, and HP Fire for anything that annoys her allies, like Ferrothorn or Scizor, is where she strives. With her stylish wardrobe of Choice Scarves, she can outspeed her biggest rival known as Choice Scarf Terrakion. Moonblast damages for around 88% max, off the top of my head, so Uncle Moa or the Joker help finish the job. Lastly, as The Ice Queen is a summoner of the hail, there is 0 reason not to bring Blizzard. Forcing in armor, known as steel types, is her specialty. Keeping up the hail is not necessarily needed in the long run but helping to ruin sashes alongside Uncle Moa helps a lot. Just remember once there is a potential weather war to win, like against a Swift Swim team, keep The Ice Queen in the back.

- Joker. He works well with The Ice Queen as he Pursuits Pressured foes threatening to Knock Off their items in a disrespectful manner. The Joker also loves secretly waiting for his enemies to fall into his trap dropping icicles crashing down against them. As a pair, they work together in speed courses nimbly using the environment to their advantage thanks to The Ice Queens hail summations. Ice Shards are critical to the life and well-being of the team as it poses a threat to any low health Pokemon faster than the Joker himself.

- Snacker. This midnight snacker feeds on any leftovers he may eat or split his physical pain with another Pokemon. Snacker is laid back compared to The Ice Queen and Joker as he lounges waiting until someone tries to sneak some food. Any enemies that go near him physically catch a burning spell known as Will-O-Wisp and the shares his pain with any enemy on the opposing team. The Ice Queen chose Snacker for her ally because he loves to play around with Steel-type Pokemon which she is basically allergic to. Volt Switch and Blizzard are common dual STAB moves. Volt Switch is especially handy for slow initiative on a defensive Pokemon such as Snacker.

- Punishment. Just by looking at the team, it is obvious that Fire Monotype teams run throw the squad both in Offensive and Defensive ways. Punishment punishes defensive Fire-types such as Torkoal, Heatran, and Rotom-Heat. Most of the offensive investment is towards SpAtk because Earth Power is more useful than Fusion Bolt in most cases. Think of Punishment as the coliseum gladiator punishing anyone The Ice Queen deems a threat to the rest of the team. Although Flying-Type Monotype teams are supposedly weak to Ice, more Defensive builds with Articuno pose an annoyance. As a result, Punishment as granted some Atk investment as a mixed wall breaker outside of the Normal Monotype core.

- Uncle Moa. Moa partners up with Punishment supplying much needed Stealth Rocks very few Ice-Type Pokemon can set up. As Punishment has a hard time breaking through Normal Monotype cores such as Porygon2+Chansey, Moa uses Knock off to cripple them for Punishment. Typically Moa is the first line of Defense or Offense judging the enemies and seeing how they react to certain types of pressure. Moa does not always need to be Oblivious to set up Stealth Rocks. In some cases, it is better for Moa to be Thick Fat to challenge Fire-Type Pokemon. The EVs are standard, and the rest of the move set is standard. Not much else to say about Uncle Moa.

- Snow Ninja. This ninja is frail and fast, slippery and supportive. Cryogonal is an interesting call for hazards supporter mainly because both Avalugg and Cloyster are much more Defensive. Snow Ninja has a Choice Specs for as hard hits as possible supporting the team against Fairy Pokemon and Freeze-Dry for Water-Types. Hidden Power Ground is only for Magnezones and Heatrans when the time is right. Just like The Snow Queen and her Aurora Veil, Rapid Spin is meant to be a fast attack meant to benefit the rest of the team. Be careful with the ninja because one it is spotted, there is no going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)