Other [Monotype] Pikachu Cup Electric Team

Hello! Señor González here with the protoype mono-electric team I've developed for the Pikachu Cup. This competition uses Double Battle format and players may use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex with the Electric type, EXCLUDING Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, and Zekrom (so please don't mention them).

I've did as much testing as I could within my free time today and I'm very content with the results from the core members (Emolga, Electivire, Rotom-H, and Heliolisk). The strategy is simple 1) Tailwind to wreak havoc with Electivire and weaken their pokes, 2) cripple the remaining threats with Rotom-H's will-o-wisp, 3) set up the sun, and 4) Heliolisk finishes with either Hyper Voice or Hyper Beam.

If there are any modifications to the move sets or EV spreads please suggest them. I'm also open to replacement of some of the pokes as long as they can support the Banded users (looks at Stunfisk). The only non-negotiable poke is Pikachu because of the potential prize for the competition. If Pikachu makes it into the top three of the most-used Pokémon in the tournament, all qualified participants will receive a special Pikachu with Endeavor.

Anyways... ON WITH THE TEAM!!! :D

Emolga @ Mental Herb
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- U-turn
- Taunt

The heart and soul of the team!!! Let's be real, Emolga is usually meant to set up Tailwind and die. Tailwind only requires one turn to set up, meaning that it is the best support option Emolga has Tailwind gives slow but powerful teammates the chance to sweep due to their boosted Speed. Emolga's frailty allows it to die and bring in a teammate safely after setting up Tailwind and Mental Herb ensures that he does his job. Encore gives Emolga setup opportunities against Electric-type, Ground-type, and status moves that can't touch it. U-turn lets Emolga get out after setting up Tailwind and is used over Volt Switch because nothing is immune to it. Taunt allows Emolga to stop sweepers from setting up and prevents foes from using status moves such as Taunt and Toxic.

Electivire @ Choice Band
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Facade
- Rock Slide

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Fast Band! Fast Band! Electivire is one of the few physical attackers from the pool of electric Pokémon that can throw an Earthquake effectively. Slap a Choice Band on him and HE IS A GOD in a mono-electric competition. Earthquake is the flagship of this set. Fire Punch is to hit Rotom-Mow or I need to hit something that has Air Balloon. Facade is for is for the Will-O-Wisp users *looks at Rotom*. Rock Slide gives both opposing pokes some chip damage and brings the possibility to make either flinch.

Rotom-Heat @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sunny Day
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

My lil' Easy Bake Oven! This guy is Heliolisk's other half. By setting up Sunny Day it allows Heliosk to Hyper Voice everything and everyone. Overheat remains its main STAB move of choice to threaten most of the Pokemon it counters. Will-O-Wisp cripples many of the attackers that might try to switch into Rotom-H. Finally, Pain Split is one of two choices Rotom-H has for recovery, putting it to decent use with a low HP stat of 50.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Ground
- Hyper Beam

The Lizard, the myth, the legend. Heliolisk is my Fast Specs (ab)user. After Electivire puts in the heavy work and Rotom-H cripples the physical threats and sets up the sun, Heliolisk annihilates what's left with the added boost of Choice Specs and his ability Solar Power. Hyper Voice is a decent STAB move as well, hitting all Ground-types as well as striking targets through Substitute. Dragon pulse was added for coverage against Mega-Ampharos if he's still standing. It never hurts to have another strong ground attack in a competition full of Electric type pokes. Finally, some pokemon get Explosion, Final Gambit, Last Resort. Heliolisk got a STAB Hyper Beam. The move is present just in case I need to deal massive damage to a final Poke.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Pokemon's poster child. I love Pikachu and what he represents but he fails to bring home the bacon at the end of the day. Honestly, unless your whole team is built around setting up a Baton Pass to allow him to sweep, he gets knock the F*** out every time... He was only included to hopefully contribute towards the potential prize.

Stunfisk @
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs:
Nature
- Sandstorm
- Mud Bomb
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

I actually started building the team around him. I wanted him to work so badly. Honestly, who doesn't want to see Stunfisk succeed? In the end, the the cons (2x weakness to Ice, Water, Grass, and Ground) outweighed the pros (Hax set / tank set)... Now he is just here for the comedic relief. The first four have do all the heavy lifting. Any suggestions are welcome for his spot if it supports the first four.

Thank you for taking the time to read my RMT. I look forward to your suggestions!​

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Well, the only taunt user faster than emolga is electrode, so it shouldn't have to run mental herb. Besides that, motor drive is objectively better because opposing electrics can't get paralyzed.

For heattom, it'd prefer sitrus over heat rock, as battles likely won't last longer than five turns. That way, you can run protect over pain split, which is very important for making predictions.

If you decide on keeping stunfisk, earth power is a better option than mud bomb. However, your team is missing a mega. Mega mane does well with snarl, intimidate, and good nonelectric coverage, while amphy has some nice resists paired with generally unresisted stab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)