Other Monotype Offensive Fairy Team

Hello monotypers! It's vlmufa here introducing you an offensive fairy team. This team got me at a decently high elo on one of my alts (before i tilted, rip) and has worked great for me so far. Fairy has been one of my favorite types and can be more fun than people take it for.​

First Peek

Diancie was my mega of choice, giving me great coverage vs fire and steel that fairy has problems with.​
My second pick was Azumarill, forming a nice core with Diancie and hitting special walls Diancie cannot.​
I realised that with Diancie being too vulnerable and Azumarill too slow i needed a good wall, so I chose Clefable.​
After that I added Klefki. It gave me a good support for Azumarill and made a great switch-in for poison moves.​
In fifth place I chose Gardevoir. It helped me check big threats such as Sand Rush Excadrill.​
At last, Togekiss gave me a reliable special wall and a defogger. It also gives me an answer to Mega Venusaur.​

In-Depth Analysis

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature / Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect / Stealth Rock
Arguably the best mega (with Gardevoir being the other one), Diancie was my mega of choice. It provides a great coverage of rock+ground that hits everything in the metagame for neutral damage besides Breloom and Chesnaught. Its great speed tier allows it to outspeed a lot of threats and take them out, for example Charizard-Y which is a threat to my team. Without it fairy monotypes struggle to beat fire. Upon mega evolution it gains Magic Bounce, which has great synergy with the rest of my team. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are its main STAB moves, Earth Power is for steel / poison types and Protect is for Diancie to gain speed upon mega evolution. Since Fairy lacks hazards Stealth Rock is a viable move on it too. Hasty / Naive nature is to maximize its speed while not decreasing any of its offensive stats.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Belly Drum
Azumarill is a must on every fairy team. It is Fairy's most reliable physical attacker and a great set-up sweeper. Its great typing allows it to take neutral damage from steel attacks and hit back with a Knock Off / Superpower. It provides great priority and is many times my win condition. If you can get a Belly Drum off it can sweep many monotypes such as Rock, Ground, Fire, Ghost and in general monotypes that don't resist Aqua Jet. Play Rough and Aqua Jet are its main STAB moves while Knock Off or Superpower hit things like Ferrothorn that resist the rest of your attacks. Now, let's get into the EV's. Well, Adamant nature and max attack is standard on Azumarill to maximize its sweep potential. 212 speed EV's allow Azumarill to outspeed uninvested or 4 EV invested base 75's, for example Mega Scizor that will want to Bullet Punch you. Rest goes into HP to give Azumarill bulk for a better set-up and makes Azumarill's HP even for Sitrus Berry to activate.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight​

Clefable is one of the most important members on my team. It's a great bulky set-up sweeper and a switch-in to other set up sweepers. I chose my Clefable to be Unaware so that it can beat other set up sweepers, most notably Scizor and Aegislash, as it will ignore Swords Dance boost and hit back with a Fire Blast. I decided on a Calm Mind set to beat other Calm Mind sweepers such as other Clefables, Suicune and specially offensive steel types that will die to a Fire Blast. I realised even though Magic Guard is just as good I already have Heal Bell support (see Togekiss set) and Magic Bounce on Diancie. Moonblast is the main STAB move and Fire Blast is for steel types. The EV's give Clefable maximum bulk to survive any physical attack such as Iron Head from Bisharp / Aegislash and hit back with a Fire Blast.

0 SpA Clefable Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 364-432 (105.8 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Clefable Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 304-360 (88.3 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
Klefki, a great pokemon for fairy monos due to its typing and ability (Prankster). This Pokemon can switch into any poison move as it is immune to them. Its great ability, Prankster, allows it to set up a Reflect or a Light Screen before the opponent attacks making it a great wall and supporting the rest of the team since both Klefki and other pokemon such as Diancie and Gardevoir don't have the highest defensive stats. It also has Prankster Thunder Wave, which is one of the best support tools fairy monotype has. This pokemon can basically make the perfect set-up conditions for Azumarill or Clefable. It is also a great check to Scizor and Aegislash as it takes neutral damage from steel moves and can hit back with a Foul Play, if they dare to Swords Dance. Its EV's give it maximum physical bulk to check threats like Scizor and Aegislash.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball / Healing Wish / Trick
Scarf Gardevoir is a great offensive add-up to my team. It's Psychic/Fairy typing gives me a great answer to poison types that threaten my team. Once Drapion / Skuntank is gone it can spam Psyshock. It is one of my Venusaur checks but sadly it cannot OHKO it. Gardevoir has a great ability (Trace) that it can use for its advantage. It can trace Excadrill's Sand Rush, outspeed it, and hit it with a Focus Blast which OHKO's it. Same strategy can work with Swift Swim teams, the reason I have Energy Ball on this set. It can help me check Mega Swampert which is a big threat to me since it cannot get thunder waved and hits 3 of my pokemon for super effective damage (if Ice Punch / Stone Edge variant). Trace also allows it to switch into Heatran that possibly hit Klefki with a fire move and trap Magnet Pull Magnezone. Its EV's allow it to hit as hard as possible while also reaching as high speed as it goes. 0 Atk IV's are to take as low damage as possible from Foul Play since it's neutral damage.

252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 362-426 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 278-328 (98.9 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Gardevoir Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 356-420 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Defog / Thunder Wave / Flamethrower
- Roost
- Heal Bell
My last member, Togekiss. I decided on a support / wall Togekiss to give Heal Bell support to Clefable and Azumarill as well as taking rid of hazards. Keeping hazards away with Magic Bounce Diancie can be an easy enough task, therefore can Defog be replaced with Thunder Wave or Flamethrower. Togekiss is my main answer to Mega Venusaur and other bulky grass types as it can flinch them with a super effective Air Slash. Its EV's maximize its special bulk and the 24 speed EV's are to outspeed any speed-creep Venusaurs.

Both basic and mega evolution are hard to handle. It has strong priority you cannot avoid. If clefable gets weakened it can win the game with Swords Dance. Needs the right plays to beat it.

With Sand Rush on ground monotype this thing can be deadly. It can OHKO my whole team besides Azumarill. It cannot be thunder waved for speed control. Keep your Gardevoir alive if you want to beat it.

This pokemon can give you big trouble. The combination of Sludge Wave + Earth Power destroys my defensive core. As Excadrill, cannot be thunder waved for speed control. Damage it with Diancie to the point where Azumarill can revenge kill.

Bulky poison/grass types such as this hit everything on my team for super effective damage, besides Klefki, that cannot beat Venusaur. If Togekiss dies chances are you lost the game.

Electric/steel typing is very deadly for fairy. It can hit all of the team for super effective damage besides Klefki, which does nothing against Magnezone. Try to kill it with Gardevoir's Focus Blast.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Neimenko for the help
Lord B33 for the support
LegendBoy because he likes shoutouts
TheAce22 because he likes fairy teams ;]

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-279778115 vs ground
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-279696906 vs ghost

More replays coming soon!

scpinion

Last edited:
aw you finally grew up! I don't have much to say about this team besides that its a great team and you're better w/ fairy so I don't really have suggestions either n_N gl if you plan on laddering higher with this team and ty for shoutout lel

Well I've already told you my opinion so I don't have anything to say. Great team. Watching it in action is always fun, especially if you get haxed :)

"@LegendBoy because he likes shoutouts"

Nice team, but you should probably try running other pokemon in the slot of Gardevoir, see how it turns out etc etc.

Nice team, but I do see some improvements...

At first, this is an Offensive team, not a Balanced team generally because you are using Klefki to have other Pokemon set-up or sweep easier.

Change Heal Bell to Thunder Wave. This can maximize hax damage and if successful, you should be able to absorb Will-O and Thunder Wave with Diancie.

I would change Energy Ball to Healing Wish. This would maximize length of survival for one of your Pokemon which can generally be a game changer, especially on Diancie.

Your lack of Stealth Rocks worries me. I would change Clefable's job to an offensive Stealth Rock wall and change Unaware to Magic Guard. This way you won't be easily forced out by walls e.g. Toxic and Will-O users. Most teams have at least one way to cripple bulky set up users e.g. Trick or Taunt.

"@LegendBoy because he likes shoutouts"

Nice team, but you should probably try running other pokemon in the slot of Gardevoir, see how it turns out etc etc.
Like what? What else could fulfill Gardevoir's role as a scarf revenge killer? Feel free to give suggestions :]

Nice team, but I do see some improvements...

At first, this is an Offensive team, not a Balanced team generally because you are using Klefki to have other Pokemon set-up or sweep easier.

Change Heal Bell to Thunder Wave. This can maximize hax damage and if successful, you should be able to absorb Will-O and Thunder Wave with Diancie.

I would change Energy Ball to Healing Wish. This would maximize length of survival for one of your Pokemon which can generally be a game changer, especially on Diancie.

Your lack of Stealth Rocks worries me. I would change Clefable's job to an offensive Stealth Rock wall and change Unaware to Magic Guard. This way you won't be easily forced out by walls e.g. Toxic and Will-O users. Most teams have at least one way to cripple bulky set up users e.g. Trick or Taunt.
Hmmm, I thought it looked more like a balanced team, I can change that. I already explained how the team worked, the reason I have Unaware over Magic Guard and why Togekiss has Heal Bell or why Gardevoir has what it has. But your suggestions definitely tweak the team into a more generic Fairy (which I tried to avoid) but I will look into them, thanks!

PS: I did slash Healing Wish on Gardevoir from the beginning :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)