Monotype Community Create A Team | Phase 5 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I missed the session. I was in the room too, but never switched tabs cuz I didn't know about GMT time XD

Reserving crazy stuff

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog / Whirlwind
Going a little generic here, Skarmory helps fix a couple problems with the team and fits in nicely. For one, we still need a Defogger and Skarmory's kinda-sorta-cousin Mantine wouldn't really work now, wouldn't it? So, Skarmory can fill the role of the team's Defogger, especially since its typing only makes it take 12.5% from rocks. The team can also benefit from Spike stacking to weaken everything before sweeping with Torn-T or M-Gyrados, so it fills that role too. Skarmory's weaknesses are already covered, Fire by Gyra and Electric by Lando, and covers for Lando's Ice weakness if Gyrados is weakened or KOed. It also provides yet another check to Rock-types, which may be important depending on how the team works out. It's SpDef Skarm to fit better with Lando-T and Gyrados, who have Intimidate.

Last edited:
Imma submit my Zapdos again as I'm to lazy to submit a different mon as it still fits the team well as it provides an essential defogger, the Volt of a VoltTurn Core and gives a check to Water teams that this team currently struggles with.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch/Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Quite simple, Torn does not want Rocks up as it hinders its Regenerator significantly. Zapdos is one of if not the best Defogger on Flying. Also, Lando likes how Zapdos helps deal with Water types, which Gyarados also appreciates because the death bunny, Azumarill exists. With this spread we Outspeed Jolly 70s afterwards maximising our HP(248 to take minimal damage from rocks) and SpDef. Defog because that is Zapdos' main job, Roost for Healing, Toxic to whittle down bulky mons, sometimes to put them in range of Tornadus. The Electric move is just up to preference, you can either have momentum in Switch, A good chance to Para in Discharge or a bit more damage in Thunderbolt.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost / Protect
- Ice Fang
Since we are using mega gyarados, we have an ice resist and i think it's somewhat safer to use another 4x ice weakness. SD Gliscor has enough bulk to be able to set up safely and sweep as well as being another electric immunity. Ice Fang is the preferred second attack because it hits flying types and knock isn't really needed considering we have knock off on landorus. The speed evs are used to creep base 70 neutral nature pokemon.

Also tagging MiyoKa so she sees this, i think we should change lando's speed to creep positive base 50, so 8 speed, and we can put the rest of the evs into def.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Seeing as my Skarmory set was reposted immediately let's try for some special attacking power.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute / Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot

With only Tornadus-T as the special threat thus far, and with the mega slot taken, this team is in some serious need for a heavy hitter. With that, Nasty Plot Thundurus could prove to be immensely useful and can be incredibly dangerous.

Results :

Yoshi's Skamrory : 3
llama's thundy : 2
TheMinimizer's zap : 1

the 4th slot goes to Skarmory.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog / Whirlwind

have fun submitting new things

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Gonna re-post this since the need for a Special Wallbreaker hasn't changed. Also if my Thundy set is voted on, didn't I technically design 1/3 of this team ?_?

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute / Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot

With only Tornadus-T as the special threat thus far, and with the mega slot taken, this team is in some serious need for a heavy hitter. With that, Nasty Plot Thundurus could prove to be immensely useful and can be incredibly dangerous.

Reserving Murkrow instead

Side note: Skarmory's nickname should be iLlamablaze

Murkrow @ Eviolite / Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD (I wasn't very sure of what EVs to put,. If this ends up winning in a miracle, we can decide later)
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave / Perish Song
- Rain Dance
- Brave Bird / Mean Look
- Roost

Murkrow offers something unique to the team and if this doesn't win, it can at least get an idea out there. The idea? Prankster Rain Dance. With Prankster boosting the priority of Rain Dance, Murkrow can be a nice weather setter for this team. But why would we need weather? Well, we have a Tornadus-T with Hurricane, and we don't want Hurricane to miss. Rain Dance and boom, problem fixed. We also have a Gyrados on the team, which wouldn't mind a boost to it's Waterfall. On top of that, Rain Dance reduces the power of Fire moves, which Skarmory is weak to, only giving Skarm 1 weakness for 5-8 turns. Plus, since we'll eventually put Thundurus or Zapdos on the team, they can now take advantage by spamming Thunder. Plus, Murkrow can be useful a lesser extent, since it has a dastardly combination of Mean Look + Perish Song + a Recovery move.

Also, you know what else has Prankster, is a Flying-type, and gets Rain Dance? Thundurus. Weather support is really something to think about, I feel.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Since we are using stallbreaker Tornadus-Therian and Gyarados-Mega with Taunt. We should add a Flying Type pokemon that can completely destroy stall with the combonation of Paraflinch, Roost and Heal Bell. This allows Togekiss to recover off any chip damage from status moves with Roost/Leftovers and can completely rid itself of status with Heal Bell. Nasty Plot can be used to further weardown the opponent at a faster rate while making Togekiss act as a greater wallbreaker. Then the paralysis can boost Air Slash flinch rates from 60% to around 84% making slower Pokempn almost unable to take on Togekiss. Finally, Air Slash can also be used to flinch down the opponents Pokemon while passively recovering health. This not only fits really well to help keep the team clean from status which can be very important for Physicals attackers such as Gyarados to help secure a sweep. Togekiss also provides a very nice special stab attacker that can help Flying Types such as when trying to deal with Physical walls. This also helps the team pick apart normal which can be very dangerous for Flying due to the amount of bulk it has and can help vs Dragon spam through stab moves such as Draco Meteor and Outrage which can threaten many Flying Type builds. This is why i think Paraflinch Togekiss can be a strong asset for the team. This Togekiss set allows Togekiss to outspeed annoying base 70 speed such as Breloom, Bisharp and Volcanion. Then 248 HP/84 Def allows Togekiss to bulk out many Physical Attackers such as 2 psyshocks from Life Orb Latios and 2 Returns from Lopunny-Mega. The 248 HP also allows Togekiss to allow Togekiss to come into Stealth Rock more times because off the odd HP amount which is extremely important to a type like Flying which is Stealth Rock weak.

Last edited:
now.

--------

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Defog / Whirlwind

Submissions :

Llama's Thundurus
Yoshiblaze's Murkrow
Exca's Togekiss

Vote for one! My Vote goes to Thundurus. (Don't for yourself obv.)

Deadline : 23 October, 22 PM GMT +1

Honestly I don't think any of these fit very well with the team to be brutally honest. I think something like Dragonite or Scarf Togekiss would of been so much better. But, out of the 3, Thundy is probably the best you can get.

Honestly Zapdos must be the 6th Mon in this team, and we'll see in the live portion if we can switch Thundurus to a Scarf Thundurus-T or something better to improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)