Monotype Mono Poison for OU (currently at 1400)

Hello folks,

This is my first time creating an RMT and I'm on mobile so please bear with me, and I would highly appreciate all and any feedback on how I can improve this team, so please kindly take your time to give your insight.
I think poison types are the most underrated mons in the game, most of them underpowered as well, but with the proper team members and usage covering each other’s weaknesses these venomous creatures are not things to be trifled with.

Team Preview
Collage 2017-10-17 16_12_24.jpg

Nidoking @ focussash
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- stealthrock
- fireblast
- earthpower
- icebeam
This Nidoking set is a lead beater, it destroys non spdef variants of Garchomp, Lando T and Gliscor with ice beam, ohkos Ferrothorn outside of rain with fireblast, it ohkos mega diance with EP, this also destroys checks against this team like Skarmory after rocks.
Nidoking is one of the greatest assets in this team to remove Steel types, and not just a suicide lead, when playing a mono team I find it necessary to use each poke wisely on each turn as you easily run out of options when not used properly
The idea of this lead is to survive a hit from the most common Lando sets and hit hard in return, paired with:

Crobat @ skyplate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- taunt
- bravebird
- roost /u-turn
- defog
Crobat is an amazing utility Mon that also hits like a truck (it can whittle down targets for Beedrill, Gengar and Muk, also, this team, devoid of spinners needs something that can remove rocks for Mega Beedrill's pivots, this also prevents sticky web from being setup as this team greatly depends on the raw speed of Gengar and Beedrill to rip through teams.
The slot for roost/u-turn depends on your play style as I prefer roost for sustain.
Crobat also fits the role of checking non-magic bounce smeargle leads that mostly render Nidoking helpless after a spore.
This Mon also destroys most fighting types that otherwise destroys half of the team (Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham and Mega Gallade are specially important to dispose of), and also destroys mons behind subs that do not resist brave bird.

Gengar @ choicescarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- shadowball /hp ice
- sludgewave
- focusblast
- energyball
Yes, Choice Scarf, you’re not seeing things.
Mega Swampert in rain destroys this entire team without scarf Gar with energy ball. Energy ball also dents most Ground Types like Hippowdon and Scarf Garchomp, Sludge Wave also OHKO's Lele, and outspeeds and OHko's non scarf Koko even without rocks, and 2hkos Fini while Fini cannot touch it, any variant of Bulu is also easy game outside of Trick Room.
Focus Blast for Tyranitar ad steel types such as Scarf-Excadrill that also destroys this team.
Shadowball for stab and chip damage and other ghost and psychic types that may randomly pop up.

Toxapex @ iciumz
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- recover
- haze
- scald
- toxic
The sponge among sponges, this variant can survive a +1eq from MegaZard and heal full house and debuff Dragon Dance in the process, it is in charge of p’hazing and walling threats that do not carry EQ, even the ones that do that do not do more than 49% with EQ or any physical hit.
This is probably the most important Pokemon in the team if you see the likes of Mega Scizor, Mega Zard X/Y, Mega Mawile and the likes that are checked by Toxapex.

Mukalola @ assaultvest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- knockoff
- pursuit
- poisonjab
- rockslide
Gamefreak's gift to poison types, this Mon completely replaces and outclasses Skuntank, this set pursuit traps Alakazam, the Lati's… etc. Etc.. it also walls Tapu Lele completely that otherwise also rips through this team with psychic terrain shenanigans.
This forces your opponent to switch to other mons that will give you a free double switch or predict an incoming Mons that are not immune to poison and jab away.

beedrillmega @ beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- uturn
- fellstinger / knock off
- poisonjab
- drillrun
The late-game sweeper, after getting rid of his counters, Beedrill with fs = +3 and adaptability will destroy any team with no PSN resistance.
While the knock off variant allows you to predict switch ins and hit neutral against mons that resist it.
Drill Run rips through steel types with no Levitate, Fire threats such as Valcanion.

Weaknesses:
A lot.
Worth mentioning though that this team is weak against Eviolite Chansey, Stall teams in general, bulky steel-types such as Assault Vest Celesteela… this team also completely depends on Toxapex to wall physical threats and Muk for Spa Juggernauts so their switch ins and checks must be properly identified during team preview.

Final Thoughts:
I’ve tried using a lot of the poison types in this roster, most noteworthy is Weezing, but I would have to remove one of these mons that cover each other’s backs, I wanna ask though, how do you think I can play this team better?

BlueWaffle (Nidoking) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
DaddyMcGrin (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
STD (Toxapex) @ Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic
Gaybat (Crobat) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
Muk-Gay (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide
GreenHornet (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Last edited:
I'll make a rate later 2day but i'd just like to say that if u want to use a mono team use it in Monotype, it will see greater success there.

Formatting is incorrect, you know you can just copy paste this from the import export tab.

Please edit your post with replays- use
It is hide=replays
/hide in brackets.

Replays go here
command.

Also, add an importable. Just do hide /hide, and copy paste the importable without anything else.

Your replays should be in the MONOTYPE format, not OU. We need to see how it matches up against other types.

The thread could get locked if you don’t follow these changes, so just wanting to help.

Otherwise, on paper this team looks great!

GiJinkaa

Banned deucer.
Formatting is incorrect, you know you can just copy paste this from the import export tab.

Please edit your post with replays- use
It is hide=replays
/hide in brackets.

Replays go here
command.

Also, add an importable. Just do hide /hide, and copy paste the importable without anything else.

Your replays should be in the MONOTYPE format, not OU. We need to see how it matches up against other types.

The thread could get locked if you don’t follow these changes, so just wanting to help.

Otherwise, on paper this team looks great!
U don't need replays or an importable they're just advised

I'll make a rate later 2day but i'd just like to say that if u want to use a mono team use it in Monotype, it will see greater success there.
I tried over at Mono, but this team saw more success at OU and I decided to stick with it.

My profile might say 2013, but that was just me looking for guides for GBA and DS.lol

How do you think I would be able to fare better in Mono?

I tried over at Mono, but this team saw more success at OU and I decided to stick with it.

My profile might say 2013, but that was just me looking for guides for GBA and DS.lol

How do you think I would be able to fare better in Mono?
because ur not limitting urself to a group of bad ou mons. the only 2 good mons here are pex and gengar also possibly alolan muk but thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)