[MnM] Manaphy [QC 3/3] [GP 0/1]

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Mix and Mega - Manaphy
Approved by Quantum Tesseract

Overview

Manaphy functions as one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, thanks to its access to Tail Glow which boosts its Special Attack to extremely high levels. Due to Manaphy's to access to variety of coverage moves, many pokemon have hard time switching into Manaphy, especially after Tail Glow boost. Solid Water typing that leaves Manaphy with only two weakness and good natural bulk allows Manaphy to set up Tail Glow in many occasions. Manaphy's solid 100/100/100 defensive stats allow it to survive priority attacks such as Pinsirite Genesect and Entei, when it is healthy enough. Absolite provides 40 Special Attack as well as a great ability of Magic Bounce, making Manaphy hard to wall and stop from setting up Tail Glow. Manaphy's good tier that can be boosted by Mega Stones makes it a fast sweeper as well, outspeeding most foes with Lucarionite and Pidgeotite. Also Absolite granting 40+ Speed leaves Manaphy in a good speed tier of 140 that outspeeds Mimikyu, Terrakion with Lucarionite, and common Pigeotite users such as Gengar and Xurkitree.Its only Water-type STAB move is shut down by all Red Orb users, notably Primal Groudon, Rakiou, and others due to Desolate Land, and this makes Manaphy struggle against majority them due to their Fire typing that lets them resist Manaphy's majority of coverage moves.

[Absolite Sweeper]
Manaphy @ Absolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball

Set Comments

Moves

Tail Glow is a fantastic setup move that raises Manaphy's Special Attack by three stages and allows it to break through most walls. Scald is used as a STAB and reliable way to spread burns against walls. Also, Tail Glow boost turns it into a fearsome sweeping move that barely anything can switch into. Surf is the another main STAB move for Manaphy that has better raw power and lets Manaphy have significantly higher chance of 2HKOing Sablenite Blissey at +6. Ice Beam is a coverage move for Manaphy that is used to nail Grass and Dragon-types that resist Water-type STAB. It is also used to dispatch some Flying and Ground-types that do not take much damage from Surf. Psychic is another move that can be used to deal with Toxapex and most Red Orb users, but previously mentioned coverage moves mostly hit Red Orb users at least neutrally, and Toxapex can be dispatched with two Energy Ball after Tail Glow boost. Shadow Ball will let Manaphy hit bulky foes such as Arceus-Ghost, Cresselia, Lunala, as well as Shedinja, Lunala, and all Mewtwo variants super effectively, who would otherwise can survive a boosted attack and retaliate. Energy Ball is another coverage that hits Water-types that resist both Water-type STAB moves and Ice Beam.

Set Details

Maximum investment in Special Attack is necessary to let Manaphy hit as hard as possible, while maximizing Tail Glow's efficiency. Maximum investment in Speed with Timid nature will let Manaphy outspeed notable threats such as Thundurus-I, Keldeo, Lucarionite Terrakion, and others. The remaining EV's are put into Defense to give Genesect a Special Attack boost. This will let Manaphy take Extreme Speed from Genesect much better. Absolite lets Manaphy Mega Evolve, gain 40 Special Attack and Speed, turning it into a deadly setup sweeper that can freely set up in front of common walls thanks to Absolite also providing fantastic ability of Magic Bounce. Such ability will keep Manaphy away from status as well as phazing moves, and it alllows Manaphy to setup easily against passive foes such as Skarmory, Toxapex, and Cresselia.

Usage Tips

Even with good natural bulk, due to Absolite providing no boost in terms of defenses, one must keep Manaphy as healthy as possible to successfully switch in and set Tail Glow. Against offensive teams that often has many threats such as Terrakion and Kartana that outspeeds Manaphy, Manaphy won't have a chance to set up Tail Glow, and even if the set up is possible Manaphy ends up losing majority of its health. It is best used as a switch-in against Refrigerate users such as Weavile and Genesect and use Scald to spread burns on physical attackers. Since Manaphy needs Tail Glow to break through walls from defensive teams, it is recommended to have Manaphy set up Tail Glow against passive foes, such as Suicune, Toxapex, Skarmory, or support Arceus forms. Manaphy shouldn't be left against faster threats such as Terrakion, Kartana, and others because they can KO Manaphy before it is able to accomplish anything. Mega Evolving Manaphy in the early game can be useful since the Magic Bounce can be used to block entry hazards. After Mega Evolving with Absolite, Manaphy can be freely switched into passive walls such as Toxapex or Cresselia which are often expected to use status moves or set entry hazards.

Team Options

Since Manaphy is unable to OHKO most Red Orb users, it appreciates ally that can eliminate or dent them, and this makes Primal Groudon, all forms of Zygarde, offensive Blue Orb users such as Golisopod, or Arceus-Ground good partners. Manaphy's good speed tier of 140 with Absolite is often bypassed by priority users such as Genesect or Entei, and Diancite users such as Terrakion or Tapu Lele which have higher Speed. Having walls like Venusaurite Zapdos, Magearna, or support Arceus-Fairy helps alleviating this problem. Manaphy appreciates entry hazards on the other side to keep pressure on switch-ins against opponents, and can OHKO Primal Groudon after a single Tail Glow boost and after it has Stealth Rock damage, depending on the moveset. Choice Scarf users, such as Yveltal and Lunala, are capable of revenge killing foes like Tapu Lele or Kartana which are capable of outspeeding Manaphy and revenge killing it. Magearna appreciates Manaphy weakening or eliminating Blissey while threatening Primal Groudon with boosts, and it can switch into Extreme Speed from Pinsirite and Altarianite users, Tapu Lele, and Xerneas.

Strategy Comments

Other Options

Grass Knot can be used guarantee 2HKO defensive variants of Primal Groudon or have high chance to OHKO offensive variants after Stealth Rock damge. Hidden Power Ground is a viable option to severely dent Red Orb users after Tail Glow boost and OHKOing Red Orb Raikou. It ends up hitting them at least neutrally due to Red Orb providing Fire-type to the user. Sceptilite, in exchage of giving less Special Attack and Speed, gives Manaphy Lightening Rod, letting it turn Electric-types such Xurkitree, Thundurus-I, Zapdos, and Raikou into a setup fodder which would normally force out Manaphy instead. However, this leaves Manaphy susceptible to Altarianite users and smaller boost in Speed means majority of Lucarionite or Absolite users whose Speed is around 100 will outspeed Manaphy. Diancite is another possible Megastone that Manaphy can run due to it providing even more Special Attack and Speed than Absolite, but the reduce of bulk along with Manaphy's typing with few resistance leave it very susceptible to priority users, and Manaphy has harder time forcing out opponents unlike other Diancite users such as Terrakion and Tapu Lele which have much more offensive presence without boost.

Checks and Counters

Faster foes: Although they can never safely switch into boosted Manaphy, Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Metagrossite Terrakion are capable of outspeeding after Mega Evolution. Especially, in case of Kartana, prior damage such as Stealth Rock is needed to OHKO it. Manaphy is prone to this especially due to the potential prior damage it may take while setting up Tail Glow and Absolite providing no defensive boosts while foes gain boost in offensive stats from various Mega Evolutions.

Red Orb users: Reb Orb users completely shut down Manaphy's STAB move, and it grants Fire typing which allows the user to take at most neutral damage from Ice Beam and Energy Ball. Although they may struggle to deal with Manaphy especially after Tail Glow boost, they are mostly capable of weakening Manaphy to the degree where it is susceptible to being revenge killed or taking it on. Primal Groudon can KO Manaphy with Precipice Blades after prior damage such as Stealth Rock, Togekiss can sponge the hit and retaliate, Raikou can take any one hit from boosted Manaphy and proceed to OHKO Manaphy with Thunderbolt. Cresselia can set up on Manaphy with Calm Mind while reliably stalling with Moonlight. However, it has to watch out for Shadow Ball.

Priority: Priority attackers must be patient until they get a chance to switch in against Manaphy, but once they get to do so, they can easily cut the sweep short, assuming Manaphy has been weakened to certain degree. Most Pinsirite users such as Genesect and Zygarde are able to outspeed Manaphy using Extreme Speed, and this nets heavy damage on it due to Manaphy gaining little or no bulk from Mega Evolution while Pinsirite users gain STAB boost on Extreme Speed and extra stats in offense. Altarianite users are equally threatening to Absolite Manaphy and Sceptilite Manaphy variants are threatened to be immediately OHKOed due to the stone giving Manaphy Dragon-typing.

Specially defensive walls: Sablenite Blissey can sponge Manaphy's attacks even after boost, and it can wear Manaphy down using Seismic Toss. Magearna, while not as defensive as Blissey, can take boosted hits by virtue of its bulk, and use Heart Swap to steal the boost and retaliate or pivot out and safely bring in faster foe which can revenge kill Manaphy.

Last edited:
Mix and Mega - Manaphy

WIP
0/3 QC, 0/1 GP

Overview

* Manaphy functions as one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, thanks to its access to Tail Glow which boosts its Special Attack to apocalyptic (not the word you're looking for) levels.
* Due to Manaphy's to access to variety of coverage moves, many pokemon have hard time switching into Manaphy, especially after Tail Glow boost.
* Solid Water typing that leaves Manaphy with only two weakness and sophisticated (this means somethign different, change it) natural bulk allows Manaphy to set up Tail Glow in many occasions.
* great speed
* Solid Bulk (lets it live prio, etc)
* Magic Bounce

* Mediocre Special Attack stat and low base power of the moves force Manaphy to be reliant on Tail Glow to deal sufficient damage to purge through walls. (140 is pretty solid, i'd just cut this)
* Mention desolate land

[Absolite Sweeper]
Manaphy @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy ball / Psychic / Shadow Ball (You can put this in moves instead fo slashing it, but it should be there at the very least)

Set Comments

Moves

* Tail glow Bullet
* Scald Bullet

* Surf is the main STAB move for Manaphy that has decent raw power, and Tail Glow boost turns it into a fearsome sweeping move that barely anyone can switch into.
* Ice Beam is a coverage move for Manaphy that is used to nail Grass and Dragon-types that resist Surf. It is also used to dispatch some Flying and Ground-types that do not take much damage from Surf.
* Energy Ball is another coverage that hits Water-types that resist both Surf and Ice Beam.
* Grass Knot can be used guarantee 2HKO defensive variants of Primal Groudon or have high chance to OHKO offensive variants after Stealth Rock damge.
* Psychic is another move that can be used to deal with Toxapex and most Red Orb users, but previously mentioned coverage moves mostly hit Red Orb users at least neutrally, and Toxapex can be dispatched with two Energy Ball after Tail Glow boost.
* Shadow Ball Bullet

Set Details

* Maximum investment in Special Attack and Speed lets Manaphy hit as hard and as fast as possible. Seperate these into a serperate attack and speed bullet, emntion what particular targets Manaphy outspeed+mention boostign nature
* The remaining EV is put into Defense to give Genesect a Special Attack boost. This will let Manaphy take Extreme Speed from Genesect much better.
* Absolite lets Manaphy Mega Evolve, gain 40 Special Attack and Speed, turning it into a deadly setup sweeper that can freely set up in front of common walls thanks to Absolite also providing fantastic ability of Magic Bounce.
* magic Bounce Bullet

Usage Tips

* Even with good natural bulk, due to Absolite providing no boost in terms of defenses, one must keep Manaphy as healthy as possible to successfully switch in and set Tail Glow.
* Since Manaphy needs Tail Glow to break through walls, it is recommended to have Manaphy set up Tail Glow against passive foes, such as Suicune, Toxapex, Skarmory, or support Arceus forms.
* Manaphy's sweeping potential is hindered by Red Orb users such as Groudon, Raikou, and Flygon. Manaphy can be used to heavily damage aforementioned foes, but if the opposing team seems to be unprepared for Manaphy outsides having Red Orb users, saving Manaphy until they are eliminated will help Manaphy sweep much easier and conclusively do more damage.
* Expand this, it's just nowhere near enough. Mention what forces Manaphy out. mention Blissey. Mention faster Pokemon. Mention using Manaphy to block hazards. Etc.

Team Options

* Manaphy's potential OHKO or 2HKO's heavily depend on Stealth Rock damage, so reliable hazard setters such as Deoxys-S or Primal Groudon is necessary. Demphasize this, it's just a nice bonus
* Since Manaphy is unable to OHKO most Red Orb users, it appreciates ally that can eliminate or dent them, and this makes Primal Groudon, all forms of Zygarde, or many Ground-types good partners.
* Even after Tail Glow boost, some walls such as Sablenite Blissey is capable of walling Manaphy, and this makes powerful physical attackers, such as Swords Dance Arceus variants which ones and most Pinsirite users list them a good offensive core paired with Manaphy.
* Again, expand this. There should be a Pheromosa section, a priority wallls section (Rockceus, Zapdos, etc.),

Strategy Comments

Other Options

* Alternatively, Blue Orb can be used to erase Desolate Land and threaten common Red Orb users such as Primal Groudon, Raikou, and Flygon, but the stat changes are usually very disappointing due to it granting lower Special Attack stat with no boost in Defense and Speed. no
* Waterium-Z with Rain Dance allows Manaphy to gain more Speed than when it holds Absolite and fire off stronger Water-STAB attacks, but this set struggles with Red Orb users as well, while requiring a turn to set up in addition. Also, lack of Magic Bounce due to absence of Absolite leaves Manaphy susceptible to status or phazing moves.no
* Scald can be used instead of Surf to sometimes burn physical attackers with luck, but lower base power of the move makes this generally an inferior option, and Manaphy will mostly end up facing Red Orb users after setting up which makes burn chance from Scald irrelevant. Put this on the main set
* Hidden Power ground
* I guess Grass Knot could go here
If this section looks short, don't worry, that's fine. the only other real option here is sub, but it's not quite good enough for mention so we'll stick to this

Checks and Counters

Faster foes: Although they can never safely switch into Manaphy, Pheromosa with appropriate Mega Stones and Metagrossite Terrakion is capable of outspeeding Manaphy and KOing it with their STAB moves that Manaphy do not resist. Manaphy is prone to this especially due to the potential prior damage it may take while setting up Tail Glow. This needs a mention fo Kartana and tapu Koko, plus a bunch of general expansion (indicate how Manaphy's bulk effects this, etc)

Priority: Priority attackers must be patient until they get a chance to switch in against Manaphy, but once they get to do so, they can easily cut the sweep short, assuming Manaphy has been weakened to certain degree. Most Pinsirite users such as Genesect and Zygarde are able to outspeed Manaphy using Extreme Speed, and this nets heavy damage on it due to Manaphy gaining no bulk from Absolite while Pinsirite users gain STAB boost on Extreme Speed and extra stats in offense. put this below red orb users, and emphasize that no prio user can actually OHKO Manaphy and thus need it solidly weakened first

Red Orb users: Reb Orb users completely shut down Manaphy's STAB move which has the most high base power, and it grants Fire typing which allows the user to take at most neutral damage from Ice Beam and Grass-type coverage move. Although they struggle to deal with Manaphy especially after Tail Glow boost, they are mostly capable of weakening Manaphy to the degree where it is susceptible to being revenge killed by aforementioned threats that naturally outspeed Manaphy or have access to powerful priority moves. Volcarona with Red Orb completely neglects any damage from Surf, resists Ice Beam and Grass-type coverage, can set up on Manaphy and proceed to KO it using Solar Beam. Volcarona is basically irrelevant, don't use it as your example. I want to see PDon, Togekiss, Raikou, and possibly cresselia here.

Special walls: blissey, magearna, etc
There's a lot missing here, and some things (Like waterium Z and Blue Orb) just show a general lack of meta knowledge. I think these fixes should cover that, but I'm a little hesitant to stamp this until after I see how it looks afterwords. At most, it should be another touchup, but let me know after this is implemented so I can look over this again.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
There's a lot missing here, and some things (Like waterium Z and Blue Orb) just show a general lack of meta knowledge. I think these fixes should cover that, but I'm a little hesitant to stamp this until after I see how it looks afterwords. At most, it should be another touchup, but let me know after this is implemented so I can look over this again.
Although me myself never use Waterium Z or Blue Orb, I couldn't find other forms of Manaphy other than Absolite so I just randomly put it there. I guess I am not supposed to do it, even if the sections looks very short. Thanks for feedback and I will profile-post or let you know in discord once I am done implementing.

Although me myself never use Waterium Z or Blue Orb, I couldn't find other forms of Manaphy other than Absolite so I just randomly put it there. I guess I am not supposed to do it, even if the sections looks very short. Thanks for feedback and I will profile-post or let you know in discord once I am done implementing.
As a general rule, if you don't know how somethign works, don't include it, especially on minor stuff like OO (if you don't understand a major part, you shouldn't be doing that analysis). It's much easier (and reflects better on you) if there is stuff missing than stuff that's wrong.

Mix and Mega - Manaphy

WIP
0/3 QC, 0/1 GP

Overview

* Manaphy functions as one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, thanks to its access to Tail Glow which boosts its Special Attack to extremely high levels.
* Due to Manaphy's to access to variety of coverage moves, many pokemon have hard time switching into Manaphy, especially after Tail Glow boost.
* Solid Water typing that leaves Manaphy with only two weakness and good natural bulk allows Manaphy to set up Tail Glow in many occasions.
* Manaphy's solid 100/100/100 defensive stats allow it to survive priority attacks such as Pinsirite Genesect and Entei, when it is healthy enough.
* Absolite provides 40 Special Attack as well as a great ability of Magic Bounce, making Manaphy hard to wall and stop from setting up Tail Glow.
* Manaphy's great speed tier that can be boosted by Mega Stones makes it a fast sweeper as well. Mention that it otupaces almost all offensive mons
* Manaphy's only Water-type STAB move is shut down by all Red Orb users, notably Primal Groudon, Volcarona, and others due to Desolate Land, If you want to list other examples trhats fine, but pick relevant ones and this makes Manaphy struggle against majority them. If you mention red orb users other than PDon, talk about them resisting its coverage

[Absolite Sweeper]
Manaphy @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Psychic / Shadow Ball

Set Comments

Moves

* Tail Glow is a fantastic setup move that raises Manaphy's Special Attack by three stages and allows it to break through most walls.
* Scald is used as a STAB and to sometimes burn physical attackers with luck, and Tail Glow boost turns it into a fearsome sweeping move that barely anything can switch into. Also for chipping walls. Just change this to spreading burns in general instead of just to physical attackers
* Surf is the another main STAB move for Manaphy that has better raw power.
* Ice Beam is a coverage move for Manaphy that is used to nail Grass and Dragon-types that resist Surf. It is also used to dispatch some Flying and Ground-types that do not take much damage from Surf.
* Energy Ball is another coverage that hits Water-types that resist both Surf and Ice Beam.
* Psychic is another move that can be used to deal with Toxapex and most Red Orb users, but previously mentioned coverage moves mostly hit Red Orb users at least neutrally, and Toxapex can be dispatched with two Energy Ball after Tail Glow boost.
* Shadow Ball will let Manaphy hit bulky foes such as Arceus-Ghost and all Mewtwo variants super effectively, which all of them can survive a boosted attack and retaliate.

Set Details

* Maximum investment in Special Attack is necessary to let Manaphy hit as hard as possible, while maximizing Tail Glow's efficiency.
* Maximum investment in Speed with Timid nature will let Manaphy outspeed notable threats such as both Primal Groudon and Kyogre, those are really Slow. Stuff like Tapu Lele is what should be included here Lucarionite Terrakion, and others.
* The remaining EVs are put into Defense to give Genesect a Special Attack boost. This will let Manaphy take Extreme Speed from Genesect much better.
* Absolite lets Manaphy Mega Evolve, gain 40 Special Attack and Speed, turning it into a deadly setup sweeper that can freely set up in front of common walls thanks to Absolite also providing fantastic ability of Magic Bounce.
* Magic Bounce will keep Manaphy away from status as well as phazing moves, and it alllows Manaphy to setup easily against passive foes such as Skarmory and Cresselia.

Usage Tips

* Even with good natural bulk, due to Absolite providing no boost in terms of defenses, one must keep Manaphy as healthy as possible to successfully switch in and set Tail Glow.
* Since Manaphy needs Tail Glow to break through walls, it is recommended to have Manaphy set up Tail Glow against passive foes, such as Suicune, Toxapex, Skarmory, or support Arceus forms.
* Manaphy struggles against absurdly bulky walls such as Blissey is the only example of this Sablenite Blissey. Even with Tail Glow boost, Manaphy does not do sufficient damage against it, and it will eventually succumb to consecutive damage from Seismic Toss. Against these specific walls, it is not the best decision to set up on them.
* Faster foes with Absolite or Megatrossite, such as Pheromosa, Kartana, can dent Manaphy and discourage it to set up when it gets to switch in again. Therefore, Manaphy is recommended to switch into passive foes, safely Mega Evolve and gain Magic Bounce and set up against them or deflect any hazard-associated moves.
This bullet is vague, badly worded, and the important parts are already covered
* Don't leave Manaphy in versus faster threats such as Pheromosa and Kartana, as they will KO Manaphy before it can accomplish anything.
* When Feasable, Mega Evolve manaphy early in the match to gain Magic Bounce
* Switch Manaphy liberally when you expect the foe to set entryhazards, as Manaphy will prevent them from going up on your side and gets a free switch-in

Team Options

* Since Manaphy is unable to OHKO most Red Orb users, it appreciates ally that can eliminate or dent them, and this makes Primal Groudon, all forms of Zygarde, offensive Blue Orb users such as Golisopod, or Arceus-ground many Ground-types good partners.
* Pheromosa is the worst revenge killer that Manaphy can face, since both Metagrossite and Lucarionite variants are capable of outpeeding and OHKOing straight or denting it. Reliable switch-in's for this foe, such as Venusaurite Zapdos, Arceus-Fairy, or others and arceus ghost (there arent many other good ones) are necessary.
* Manaphy's high speed tier of 140 with Absolite is often bypassed by priority users such as Genesect or Entei. Having walls like Arceus-Rock, Venusaurite Zapdos or Magearna helps alleviating this problem.
* Even after Tail Glow boost, some walls such as Sablenite Blissey is capable of walling Manaphy, and this makes powerful physical attackers, such as Swords Dance Arceus and Arceus-Ghost and most Pinsirite users, primarily Genesect or Zygarde, Kartana, and Terrakion a good offensive core paired with Manaphy.
* Manaphy's potential OHKO or 2HKO's heavily depend on Stealth Rock damage, so reliable hazard setters such as Deoxys-S or Primal Groudon is necessary. This isn't really true. Mentioning rocks is fine, but make it more in the context of pressuring switchins or a xspecific KO

Strategy Comments

Other Options

* Grass Knot can be used guarantee 2HKO defensive variants of Primal Groudon or have high chance to OHKO offensive variants after Stealth Rock damge.
* Hidden Power Ground is viable option to severely dent Red Orb users after Tail Glow boost and OHKOing Red Orb Raikou. It ends up hitting them at least neutrally due to Red Orb providing Fire-type to the user.

Checks and Counters

Faster foes: Although they can never safely switch into Manaphy, Pheromosa, Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Metagrossite Terrakion is capable of outspeeding Manaphy and KOing it with their STAB moves that Manaphy do not resist I think I get what you are trying to say here, but the phrasing is awk. Also mention how some need prior damage. Manaphy is prone to this especially due to the potential prior damage it may take while setting up Tail Glow and Absolite providing no defensive boosts while foes gain boost in offensive stats from various Mega Evolutions. Setup Sweepers such as Xerneas also greatly hamper Manaphy in this regard, as they can also KO it before it can respond.

Red Orb users: Reb Orb users completely shut down Manaphy's STAB move which has the most high base power, and it grants Fire typing which allows the user to take at most neutral damage from Ice Beam and Energy Ball Grass-type coverage move. Although they may struggle to deal with Manaph especially after Tail Glow boost, they are mostly capable of weakening Manaphy to the degree where it is susceptible to being revenge killed or taking it on by aforementioned threats that naturally outspeed Manaphy or have access to powerful priority moves. Primal Groudon can KO Manaphy with Precipice Blades after prior damage such as Stealth Rocks, Togekiss can sponge Scald or Ice Beam and retaliate, Raikou can take any one hit from boosted Manaphy without Hidden Power Ground Dont Mention OO in C&C and proceed to OHKO Manaphy with Thunderbolt. Cresselia can set up on Manaphy with Calm Mind while reliably stalling with Moonlight but must watch out for shadow ball.

Priority: Priority attackers must be patient until they get a chance to switch in against Manaphy, but once they get to do so, they can easily cut the sweep short, assuming Manaphy has been weakened to certain degree. Most Pinsirite users such as Genesect and Zygarde are able to outspeed Manaphy using Extreme Speed, and this nets heavy damage on it due to Manaphy gaining no bulk from Absolite while Pinsirite users gain STAB boost on Extreme Speed and extra stats in offense.

Specially defensive walls: Sablenite Blissey can sponge Manaphy's attacks even after boost, and it can wear Manaphy down using Seismic Toss. Magearna, while not as defensive as Blissey, can take boosted hits by thanks to the virtue of its natural bulk that is boosted by Mega Evolution, and use Heart Swap to steal the boost and retaliate.
Looking over this, there was quite a bit missing. A lot of the basic Metagame facts had to be filled in, and the wording and phrasing made it even worse. I know kris has told you to not make QC teams write the analysis for you, but as far as I'm concerned a few PMs on questions is a lot easier than going through this. To be quite honest, the only reason this+the above doesn't lead to a QC reject from me is that I've already gone through the work of doing this and the timesaving logic doesn't apply in full force; if nv or InfernapeTropius11 want to reject themselves I'll be completely sympathetic. Until or unless that happens, however, consider this a QC 1/3.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Implemented everything QT has advised / suggested to add / remove.

In general, it was tough for me to fix this analysis due to Manaphy having quite narrow options and blatantly obvious checks and counters (in my perspective). Maybe trying to force myself to make things longer messed up lots of parts. I want MnM QC teams to be aware of this concern. Anyways, I took quite a long time to make this accurate and clear rather than making it needlessly long and vague.

Ready for second QC from nv or IT11.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Overview
Mention that Absolite grants +40 Speed, which allows it to hit a good speed tier of 140. Then mention what this outspeeds (Pidgeotite Gengar, Lucarionite Terrakion, Mimikyu) and what it doesn't (Kartana, Skymin, Tapu Koko)

Moves
In the Ice Beam and Energy Ball points, replace "Surf" with "Water-type STAB" as Surf isn't the recommended option, and that is the most correct way of saying it considering that there are 2 options.

Usage Tips
Mention that against offense (when multiple opposing mons outspeed it) it doesn't get much chance to set up and is easily revenge killed, so it is best used as a pivot into Pokemon like Weavile, and can then try to spread burns

Team Options
Remove the Pheromosa point

Mention that it appreciates bulky pivots that can take on its revenge killers (list mons that take on Kart/Koko/Skymin etc.) e.g. Zapdos can pivot w/ VSwitch into Mana and also takes on Kart+Koko (this is just a start, try to come up with one or two more mons)

Checks and Counters
Remove mentions of Pheromosa

Remove the "or even survive a hit and hit back with powerful moves" part as it contradicts what you said earlier in the sentence and is also incorrect

Implement for
QC 2/3

I'm no qc guy but it can be mentioned that shadow ball hits shedinja, thus allowing manaphy to terrorize the uncommon yet still strong shedinja stall teams without being hard walled.

Edit: Swapping the 4 def to 4 s.def evs make it so genesect gets a s.atk boost instead of atk boost thus limiting espeed's damage to 50-60% from 77-90%

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I'm no qc guy but it can be mentioned that shadow ball hits shedinja, thus allowing manaphy to terrorize the uncommon yet still strong shedinja stall teams without being hard walled.

Edit: Swapping the 4 def to 4 s.def evs make it so genesect gets a s.atk boost instead of atk boost thus limiting espeed's damage to 50-60% from 77-90%
While I appreciate your advice, I am not sure if Shedinja is viable enough to be mentioned in this metagame except in stall teams. I would say Shadow Ball hits Cresselia, Mewtwo variants, and most importantly, Arceus-Ghost.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
hey RNG, mjoera's point is valid. shed is actually p good atm and warrants a mention somewhere (i'd recommend in the moves bullet for sball, as it does allow mana to handle this variety of stall, which is actually quite good atm. so yeah please do implement that, i forgot about that, thanks both of you!

Holy balls I worded my post badly. I apologize for that, I was sleep deprived at the time. Keep the 4 evs in def so no atk boost from gene. While I'm here I just wanted to note that I haven't seen a single mewtwo outside of 1200 and lower mnm ladder so I'm really not certain it warrants a mention. What could be mentioned instead is that shadow ball ohkos lunala through shadow shield at +3 and gives mana the ability to 2hko lunala without any boosts.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Holy balls I worded my post badly. I apologize for that, I was sleep deprived at the time. Keep the 4 evs in def so no atk boost from gene. While I'm here I just wanted to note that I haven't seen a single mewtwo outside of 1200 and lower mnm ladder so I'm really not certain it warrants a mention. What could be mentioned instead is that shadow ball ohkos lunala through shadow shield at +3 and gives mana the ability to 2hko lunala without any boosts.
I agree that Mewtwo isn't that common due to its disappointing ability after Mega Evolutions and regular one is quite awful. So I guess the primary things that Shadow Ball are Arceus-Ghost, Cresselia, Lunala, and Shedinja.

Still glad you have a feedback for me!

There's been a lot of metagame shifts since this was written; RNGIsFatal please update this and I'll qc this for 3/3 since this has been waiting long enough already. there will probably need to be a bunch of changes though so don't hezitate to pm me on ps, smogon, or discord if you need help with any part.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Quantum Tesseract I have implemented based on discussion from Discord, but first off I need you to confirm if I can merge Absolite / Sceptilite set because those two sets run essentially the same movesets and the way to use them can be sufficiently differentiated in usage tips / team options section (imo).

To anyone else, feel free to leave comments on anything from analysis.

Quantum Tesseract I have implemented based on discussion from Discord, but first off I need you to confirm if I can merge Absolite / Sceptilite set because those two sets run essentially the same movesets and the way to use them can be sufficiently differentiated in usage tips / team options section (imo).

To anyone else, feel free to leave comments on anything from analysis.
No, they play entirely differently. Sceptilite sets up on different pokemon, cannot break blissey, is weak to pixispeed, is outsped by mons like Lucarionite terrakion, etc. That being said, I actually would be fine with sceptilite in OO.

Mix and Mega - Manaphy

Overview

* Manaphy functions as one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, thanks to its access to Tail Glow which boosts its Special Attack to extremely high levels.
* Solid Water typing that leaves Manaphy with only two weakness and good natural bulk allows Manaphy to set up Tail Glow in many occasions.
* Manaphy's solid 100/100/100 defensive stats allow it to survive priority attacks such as Pinsirite Genesect and Entei, when it is healthy enough.
* Absolite provides 40 Special Attack as well as a great ability of Magic Bounce, making Manaphy hard to wall and stop from setting up Tail Glow. Also Absolite granting 40+ Speed leaves Manaphy in a good speed tier of 140 that outspeeds Mimikyu, Terrakion with Lucarionite, and common Pigeotite users such as Gengar and Xurkitree.
* Manaphy's great speed tier that can be boosted by Mega Stones makes it a fast sweeper as well, outspeeding most foes with Lucarionite and Metagrossite. bmention that it's still outpaced by truly fast Pokemon
* Manaphy's only Water-type STAB move is shut down by all Red Orb users, notably Primal Groudon, Rakiou, and others due to Desolate Land, and this makes Manaphy struggle against majority them due to their Fire typing that lets them resist Manaphy's majority of coverage moves.
* Due to Manaphy mostly choosing a Mega Stone that doesn't provide too much defensive stats, it is susceptible to getting revenge killed by priority moves. Just make the earlier bullet less optimistic

[Absolite Sweeper]
Manaphy @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball

Set Comments

Moves

* Tail Glow is a fantastic setup move that raises Manaphy's Special Attack by three stages and allows it to break through most walls.
* Scald is used as a STAB and reliable way to spread burns against walls. Also, Tail Glow boost turns it into a fearsome sweeping move that barely anything can switch into.
* Surf is the another main STAB move for Manaphy that has better raw power and lets Manaphy have significantly higher chance of 2HKOing Sablenite Blissey at +6.
* Ice Beam is a coverage move for Manaphy that is used to nail Grass and Dragon-types that resist Water-type STAB. It is also used to dispatch some Flying and Ground-types that do not take much damage from Surf.
* Energy Ball is another coverage that hits Water-types that resist both Water-type STAB moves and Ice Beam. Move to the end. Nowadays, Energy Ball is only for opposing Manaphy and the occasional Arc Water
* Shadow Ball will let Manaphy hit bulky foes such as Arceus-Ghost, Cresselia, Lunala, as well as Shedinja and all Mewtwo variants super effectively, who would otherwise can survive a boosted attack and retaliate.

Set Details

* Maximum investment in Special Attack is necessary to let Manaphy hit as hard as possible, while maximizing Tail Glow's efficiency.
* Maximum investment in Speed with Timid nature will let Manaphy outspeed notable threats such as Tapu Lele, Keldeo, Thundurus, and Lucarionite Terrakion, and others.
* The remaining EV's are put into Defense to give Genesect a Special Attack boost. This will let Manaphy take Extreme Speed from Genesect much better.
* Magic Bounce will keep Manaphy away from status as well as phazing moves, and it alllows Manaphy to setup easily against passive foes such as Skarmory, Toxapex, and Cresselia.

Usage Tips

* Against offensive teams that often has many threats such as Terrakion and Kartana that outspeeds Manaphy, Manaphy won't have a chance to set up Tail Glow, and even if the set up is possible Manaphy ends up losing majority of its health. It is best used as a switch-in against Refrigerate users such as Weavile and Genesect and use Scald to spread burns on physical attackers.
* Since Manaphy needs Tail Glow to break through walls from defensive teams, it is recommended to have Manaphy set up Tail Glow against passive foes, such as Suicune, Toxapex, Skarmory, or support Arceus forms.
* Manaphy tends struggles against Sablenite Blissey. Even with Tail Glow boost, Manaphy does not do sufficient damage against it, and it will eventually succumb to consecutive damage from Seismic Toss. Not true, Manaphy beats it if it switches in and can 1v1 if you're willing ot accept it being basically dead
* Manaphy shouldn't be left against faster threats such as Terrakion, Kartana, and others because they can KO Manaphy before it is able to accomplish anything.
* Mega Evolving Manaphy in the early game can be useful since the Magic Bounce can be used to block entry hazards.
* After Mega Evolving with Absolite, Manaphy can be freely switched into passive walls such as Toxapex or Cresselia which are often expected to use status moves or set entry hazards. If Manaphy Mega Evolved with Sceptilite, it can be switched into Tapu Koko or Zapdos to nullify Volt Switch and interrupt the momentum.

Team Options

* Since Manaphy is unable to OHKO most Red Orb users, it appreciates ally that can eliminate or dent them, and this makes Primal Groudon, all forms of Zygarde, offensive Blue Orb users such as Golisopod, or Arceus-Ground good partners.
* Manaphy's high speed tier of 140 with Absolite is often bypassed by priority users such as Genesect or Entei, and Diancite users such as Terrakion or Tapu Lele which have higher Speed. Having walls like Arceus-Rock, Venusaurite Zapdos or Magearna helps alleviating this problem.
* Even after Tail Glow boost, some walls such as Sablenite Blissey is capable of walling Sceptilite Manaphy or Absolite Manaphy without Surf, and this makes powerful physical attackers, such as Swords Dance Arceus, Arceus-Ghost, Terrakion, and Kartana a good offensive core paired with Manaphy.
* Manaphy appreciates entry hazards on the other side to keep pressure on switch-ins against opponents, and can OHKO Primal Groudon after a single Tail Glow boost and after it has Stealth Rock damage, depending on the moveset.
* Mention scarfers liek Lunala / xern to handle tapu lele, Koko, etc.
* Magearna pairs well as it likes blissey gone and Mana soft checks Pdong, and in return handles psyspam and xern

Strategy Comments

Other Options

* Hidden Power Ground is a viable option to severely dent Red Orb users after Tail Glow boost and OHKOing Red Orb Raikou. It ends up hitting them at least neutrally due to Red Orb providing Fire-type to the user.
* Sceptilite, in exchage of giving less Special Attack and Speed, gives Manaphy Lightening Rod, letting it turn Electric-types such Xurkitree, Thundurus-I, Zapdos, and Raikou into a setup fodder which would normally force out Manaphy instead. However, this leaves Manaphy susceptible to Altarianite users and smaller boost in Speed means majority of Lucarionite or Absolite users whose Speed is around 100 will outspeed Manaphy.
* Diancite is another possible Megastone that Manaphy can run due to it providing even more Special Attack and Speed than Absolite, but the reduce of bulk along with Manaphy's typing with few resistance leave it very susceptible to priority users, and Manaphy has harder time forcing out opponents unlike other Diancite users such as Terrakion and Tapu Lele which have much more offensive presence without boost.

Checks and Counters

Faster foes: Although they can never safely switch into boosted Manaphy, Tapu Koko, Kartana, and Metagrossite Terrakion are capable of outspeeding after Mega Evolution. Especially, in case of Kartana, prior damage such as Stealth Rock is needed to OHKO it. Manaphy is prone to this especially due to the potential prior damage it may take while setting up Tail Glow and Absolite providing no defensive boosts while foes gain boost in offensive stats from various Mega Evolutions.

Red Orb users: Reb Orb users completely shut down Manaphy's STAB move, and it grants Fire typing which allows the user to take at most neutral damage from Ice Beam and Energy Ball. Although they may struggle to deal with Manaphy especially after Tail Glow boost, they are mostly capable of weakening Manaphy to the degree where it is susceptible to being revenge killed or taking it on. Primal Groudon can KO Manaphy with Precipice Blades after prior damage such as Stealth Rock, Togekiss can sponge the hit and retaliate, Raikou can take any one hit from boosted Manaphy and proceed to OHKO Manaphy with Thunderbolt. Cresselia can set up on Manaphy with Calm Mind while reliably stalling with Moonlight. However, it has to watch out for Shadow Ball.

Priority: Priority attackers must be patient until they get a chance to switch in against Manaphy, but once they get to do so, they can easily cut the sweep short, assuming Manaphy has been weakened to certain degree. Most Pinsirite users such as Genesect and Zygarde are able to outspeed Manaphy using Extreme Speed, and this nets heavy damage on it due to Manaphy gaining little or no bulk from Mega Evolution while Pinsirite users gain STAB boost on Extreme Speed and extra stats in offense. Altarianite users are equally threatening to Absolite Manaphy and Sceptilite Manaphy variants are threatened to be immediately OHKOed due to the stone giving Manaphy Dragon-typing.

Specially defensive walls: Sablenite Blissey can sponge Manaphy's attacks even after boost, and it can wear Manaphy down using Seismic Toss. Magearna, while not as defensive as Blissey, can take boosted hits by virtue of its bulk, and use Heart Swap to steal the boost and retaliate Or pivot out to a faster pokemon.
Nice work. 3/3 but I guess I forgot to tell you to write it up? Do that now, ping me so I can make sure nothings lost, and then send to GP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)