Miscast

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any role cast to Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.
Hey I thought the Run Down was pretty hilarious. And roles cast to The Rock are pretty much designed for him. Just because they're crappy characters doesn't mean he isn't the correct actor to play them!

Also on the Hayden Christiansen bit...oddly enough I've come to appreciate his role a little more after watching the newer Star Wars movies several times. I've always hated him, and I hated the new movies at first, but I've realized that HC didn't do all that bad with the part and dialogue he was given. He did a good job of displaying the angsty internal conflict that Anakin undergoes, and at least he can display his emotions unlike Nicholas Cage or Keanu Reeves.

On the same strain, I thought Terrence Stamp as the Chancellor in Episode 1 was a miscast. Not because Stamp did it badly, but because the role itself was a MASSIVE waste of his talents. Kind of like what happened to Alec Guinness when he played Obi Wan Kenobi in the originals.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I disagree with the sentiment that Garfield was a bad choice; I liked the snarkiness and wit that he brought to the role. In any event, he was lodes better than Tobey was.

As for a nomination, I'm going to go with Shane West as Tom Sawyer in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Or just about anything he's in. Dude's lame

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Garfield is an excellent Spiderman! Perhaps they could have bulked him up a little (CGI or otherwise) after he gained his powers but he had Peter's personality and idiosyncracies down to a T imo.

As for miscasts...Elijah Wood in everything post-LotR. I'm sorry but he's just far too typecast...

Andrew Garfield portrayed Peter Parker a hell of a lot better than Tobey Maguire.

Fuck, Tobey Maguire sucks.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with you on the Andrew Garfield point; he just doesn't seem to fit in with the role (I really don't imagine Spiderman as a thin, square jawed individual, just to put it out there.)
Spiderman isn't a muscley superhero. He's a sarcastic goofball nerd. You imagine him incorrectly.

I actually imagined Spider-man as even thinner...it wasn't so much Garfield's body type that bothered me (if anything he looked almost too athletic imo) but his kind of roguish confidence that seemed at odds with Spidey's character. I really liked Maguire as Spider-man just because I found his awkwardness endearing.

I love Jennifer Lawrence...

I don't actually know why Nolan replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal in TDK...Maggie performed really well but I always found her Rachel abrasive and nettling. Holmes wasn't really miscast but was maybe too cherubic for the role (like Alexis Bledel in sin city...)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't actually know why Nolan replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal in TDK...Maggie performed really well but I always found her Rachel abrasive and nettling. Holmes wasn't really miscast but was maybe too cherubic for the role (like Alexis Bledel in sin city...)
Because you mentioned it, I had to look it up and find out why. Apparently Shitforbrains Holmes TURNED DOWN THE PART to be in this shitbox. rofl

I just thank God that Jackie Earle Haley got the role of Rorschach in Watchmen instead of Simon Pegg. Speaking of Pegg, didn't he turn down some huge role to be in "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People"

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
And what of the cases where an actor or an actress was cast perfectly at the time, but now seem terribly out of place? When I was a kid watching Legend I thought Tom Cruise fit the role perfectly. Link is a skinny pretty-boy. Cruise was a skinny pretty-boy. But I suppose because of all the cringeworthy stuff he's been involved in since then I just cannot, c a n n o t, watch Legend without cringing every time he's in a scene. Then there's Pee-wee Herman, Fred Willard and the like, who definitely did fit most of their roles, but now you can't watch them without remembering how they've been caught with their pants down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)