Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny locks would be removed since OMs don't necessarily comply with game mechanics. Mega forms would also have their stats swapped so something like Mega Beedrill would have a crazy stat spread of 145/40/150/80/15/65. Changing HP stats via form change would work the same way as it would with Power Construct: The max HP changes and the pokemon's current HP is equal to max HP - amount of HP lost. This does bring up a question in regards to pokemon that lose speed while changing form (ie sableye -> mega sableye). In the rare circumstance that the pokemon's max HP - amount of HP lost = less than or equal to zero, would the pokemon just faint upon mega evolving? Because that would be hilarious.

I could also add an inverse battle mechanic that applies to shiny Pokemon defensively, but I worry that this would become more confusing than it would be interesting. Take Beedrill for example: it would have resistances to fire, rock, flying and psychic, while having weaknesses to bug, poison, fighting (4x), fairy and grass (4x). Mechanics for this would be the same as those of in-game inverse battles. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
^I don't think plus/minus really needs to be added to the mix, especially if it means changing mechanics. Also it sounds potentially busted lol. The name Shared Power is good, and I don't think the name of the meta really needs to have some variation of the word "ability" in it.

anyways um

Shiny Swap

A similar idea has been presented in this thread a while back, and seem to have gained traction but never went anywhere as far as I'm aware. I'll still present the idea since it's a simple one.

Metagame premise: A pokemon's shiny form will swap its base Atk with Def, SpA with SpD, HP with Spe (and maybe resistances with weaknesses).

Snorlax(N): 160 HP / 110 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SpA / 110 SpD / 30 Spe
Snorlax(S): 30 HP / 65 Atk / 110 Def / 110 SpA / 65 SpD / 160 Spe

Crobat(N): 85 HP / 90 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 130 Spe
Crobat(S): 130 HP / 80 Atk / 90 Def / 80 SpA / 70 SpD / 85 Spe

Potential bans and threats:
-I can't think of anything obviously broken with this mechanic, but some speedy attackers would make really solid walls and some fat mons would be really dangerous offensively. Huge power mons like Azumarill and Mega Mawile get a significant buff, but they also take a hit to their bulk that may keep them balanced.
-I can see shiny Araquanid being insane with its base 132 SpA + Water Bubble. It's still weighed down somewhat by its mediocre base 68 speed and 42/70/50 defenses.
-Shiny Steelix is terrifying

Questions for the community:
-Is a simple stat swap too basic? Should something else change with the shiny form? If so, what aspect of a pokemon's abilities/movepool/etc can be "swapped" in a way that the shiny forms won't completely outshine their counterparts?
-Are shiny-based metagame ideas dumb?
-Would teams be comprised of mostly shiny counterparts or would normal forms still see a lot of use?
My turn.

Ok so some things im gonna point out would be

5/230/10/230/10/20 "lolwut" a low-budget glass cannon, without priority, it cant do much

91/90/145/80/105/89 nani??? a physical wall, and getting intimidate just makes it harder to hit. it also will be bulkier against an ice beam, but who knows.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

151/37/137/37/137/71 Its time to get bulky! With access to both speed swap and quiver dance, this Phero can set up easily and hinder their foes. plus with beast boost not affecting its speed, it can get a buff in defense/special defense.
Pheromosa @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Speed Swap (Speed + 1)
- Quiver Dance
- Toxic

Last edited:
Shiny Swap

A similar idea has been presented in this thread a while back, and seem to have gained traction but never went anywhere as far as I'm aware. I'll still present the idea since it's a simple one.

Metagame premise: A pokemon's shiny form will swap its base Atk with Def, SpA with SpD, HP with Spe (and maybe resistances with weaknesses).

-Is a simple stat swap too basic? Should something else change with the shiny form? If so, what aspect of a pokemon's abilities/movepool/etc can be "swapped" in a way that the shiny forms won't completely outshine their counterparts?
-Would teams be comprised of mostly shiny counterparts or would normal forms still see a lot of use?
A simple stat swap is fine, considering it creates a huge pool of interesting new builds to try. Also considering the binary nature of the swap using shiny/not shiny makes perfect sense as a way to make it work in the teambuilder and be visible to your opponent.

I think normal pokemon will see some use, as not every swap is going to be an improvement or viable. People will focus on swaps that create unusual builds or seek out a particular combination of two high stats, but you don't necessarily want a whole team of very specialized pokemon. It might be hard to make a whole ideal team out of swaps. It also depends on how many "Uber" powered threats can be discovered; if there aren't enough for a whole metagame then the top threats of OU will fill in the spaces. Also I think are a shortage of pokemon whose stats will swap into ideal sweepers; most seem to be glass cannons or have subpar speed or attacking stats.

Some theorymon:

Kartana: Grass/Steel
109/131/181/31/59/59

Though it's attack drops to a mere 131, the advent of 109/181/59 defenses on solid defensive typing could make a for a nice Choice Bander, defog pivot, or Swords Dance wallbreaker. If you are willing to part with a few def points you can still get Beast Boost to give an attack boost.

Okay I have uh... a couple questions about that Phero.

1. Why psychium-z when you already have quiver dance?
2. Why is it invested in attack? (Or is that supposed to be defense because shiny swap?)
3. It's SpAtk is so bad and Bug Buzz is... not a great move, coverage wise. I just don't get what this set is supposed to accomplish.

Anyway:

120/45/50/95/135/55

Zam's got a cool niche in Magic Guard, which allows it to dish out a respectable amount of damage thanks to Life Orb and it's still passable 95 SpAtk, or spread burns with a psycho shift set, patching up it's less than stellar physical defense. It also has access to knock off, recover, encore. Just a huge array of support moves that could make it a really interesting mon in this meta.

80/60/160/130/170/80

Hoopa-U is now bulkier than Toxapex with 130 SpAtk. Unfortunately, it's only recovery options are recycle and drain punch, the latter of which is a bit of a joke with this stat spread. But it's ability to take hits and hit back is pretty noticeable. Though the fact that it has no resistances is a bit worrying for a defensive mon.

103/47/53/131/127/109

Nihilego still has a lot working against it, but gains just enough speed and extra firepower in this meta to maybe justify using it, without losing out on too much bulk.

85/120/70/130/75/120

Cresselia undergoes a complete role reversal, being one of the few defensive pokemon who gains speed along with a powerful attacking stat. It's basically regular Zam with more physical bulk and the ability to go mixed, along with a worse ability. What Cresselia has over Zam however is a fast Lunar Dance, which allows it to dish out some damage and heal it's replacement when it starts to feel threatened and switching isn't a desirable option.

79/139/139/53/53/107

It's fast now.

(Latios)

110/100/130/120/160/80

This would probably just function like Latias does currently, only it's bulkier and slower, still not bad.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Okay I have uh... a couple questions about that Phero.

1. Why psychium-z when you already have quiver dance?
2. Why is it invested in attack? (Or is that supposed to be defense because shiny swap?)
3. It's SpAtk is so bad and Bug Buzz is... not a great move, coverage wise. I just don't get what this set is supposed to accomplish.

Anyway:

120/45/50/95/135/55

Zam's got a cool niche in Magic Guard, which allows it to dish out a respectable amount of damage thanks to Life Orb and it's still passable 95 SpAtk, or spread burns with a psycho shift set, patching up it's less than stellar physical defense. It also has access to knock off, recover, encore. Just a huge array of support moves that could make it a really interesting mon in this meta.

80/60/160/130/170/80

Hoopa-U is now bulkier than Toxapex with 130 SpAtk. Unfortunately, it's only recovery options are recycle and drain punch, the latter of which is a bit of a joke with this stat spread. But it's ability to take hits and hit back is pretty noticeable. Though the fact that it has no resistances is a bit worrying for a defensive mon.

103/47/53/131/127/109

Nihilego still has a lot working against it, but gains just enough speed and extra firepower in this meta to maybe justify using it, without losing out on too much bulk.

85/120/70/130/75/120

Cresselia undergoes a complete role reversal, being one of the few defensive pokemon who gains speed along with a powerful attacking stat. It's basically regular Zam with more physical bulk and the ability to go mixed, along with a worse ability. What Cresselia has over Zam however is a fast Lunar Dance, which allows it to dish out some damage and heal it's replacement when it starts to feel threatened and switching isn't a desirable option.

79/139/139/53/53/107

It's fast now.

(Latios)

110/100/130/120/160/80

This would probably just function like Latias does currently, only it's bulkier and slower, still not bad.
Yes, the attack invested meant to be defensive. Bug Buzz was just the first thing that came to mind for STAB, since its attack and special attack stat is much the same. Psychium Z, looking at it now, is not the best of options, when you do have quiver dance you could run, when you could run Poisonium Z or a Rocky Helmet for Bug Buzz, you could probably switch that to Electroweb/Ice Beam for some coverage for those pesky flying types, who are now going to be pretty bulky.

Yes, the attack invested meant to be defensive. Bug Buzz was just the first thing that came to mind for STAB, since its attack and special attack stat is much the same. Psychium Z, looking at it now, is not the best of options, when you do have quiver dance you could run, when you could run Poisonium Z or a Rocky Helmet for Bug Buzz, you could probably switch that to Electroweb/Ice Beam for some coverage for those pesky flying types, who are now going to be pretty bulky.
Honestly, shiny Pheromosa is so weak that trying to do anything remotely offensive with it seems like a waste. I feel like Shiny Phero would be better utilized as a harard remover.

Pheromosa @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt / Toxic / Foul Play

Rapid Spin clears away hazards. Roost helps Phero to not get worn down by the hazards it's supposed to be removing, and healing in general is a staple on defensive mons. U-turn prevents Phero from being a total momentum sink. Taunt prevents slower hazard setters from getting up hazards in the first place. Toxic and Foul Play are also options that give Phero some way of dealing damage.

That Pheromosa is definitely better, and also reminded me to check this out

145/40/70/60/100/80

Sure, Phero's raw bulk is better, but Accelgor has better defensive abilities, Spikes, Encore, Recover, Yawn (if you wanna force switches) and then some. Tbh they're not really comparable, as Accelgor can't fit the role of a hazard remover. They're both just cool defensive bugs. It is worth pointing out though that Accelgor has an absolutely massive Final Gambit, and 80 speed isn't too bad for a defensive mon.

Now some more stuff

91/42/85/42/85/60

While 91/85/85 bulk is pretty good, it's not phenomenal by any means. That changes when you consider that Murkrow can carry an eviolite, and has the benefit of prankster and a STAB Foul Play to bypass it's own mediocre offensive stats.

108/71/104/71/104/76

Infernape has an absolutely incredible movepool, and thanks to the added bulk can finally make use of it. Will-o-wisp, encore, slack off, calm mind and nasty plot are just a few examples of it's utility. While boosting sets may lack the punch that standard infernape's would, it's going to have a much easier time setting up. Alternatively, a fully utility based set consisting of Fake Out, U-Turn, Stealth Rocks and Slack Off might not be too bad either.

121/80/100/90/110/79

It might not hit too hard, but it has better mixed bulk than Tangrowth without an Assault Vest, and plenty of options for annoying opponents.

Speaking of regen mon's, Amoonguss has absolutely terrible bulk now, but it does have a handy base 114 speed, giving it the fastest spore in the game by a long shot.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
heres a few more:

45/110/80/80/50/60
Now gets an incredible attack boost, and giving it Thick Club just makes it even more of a brute. use his niche of Flare Blitz and Rock Head, and you've got what'll break Phero and Accelgor.

50/80/50/80/60/100
"oh no" -knuckles
Yeah, we all knew this was coming
ditching its OK defenses to bring on the heavy hitter we all can respect. it becomes much faster too, and while you might not want to pull out a belly drum to its just about halved health, then maybe waterfall or power up punch is for you.

speaking of huge power...

50/125/105/95/55/50
*inhales*
boi
are you telling me... that i can get mawile... with an even stronger attack? Lets think about it. Steel/Fairy is already a super defensive typing. with 2 Immunities, 2 Weaknesses, and 9 Resistances? surely you dont need that much bulk. so lets drop it a bit. so now that we've got our stats in the rightful places, "here comes that special boy"

Gotta be honest, I don't see any reason to use Mega Mawile when Jolly Azumarill is suddenly the most terrifying Scarfer and Bander in the world.

I have decided to work on a Shared Power ability compendium for when the metagame is released. Keep in mind that this list isn’t even close to finished and that the abilties themselves are in no particular order. The purpose of this resource is to illustrate the most useful abilities, it’s best users, and its best receivers. These will be grouped into different categories for different playstyles. Notice how Magic Guard falls under “all-around” and not “balanced” since it, and several other abilities are usable in a wide variety of archetypes. While I understand basically everything benefits from everything, this makes it easier to see the most viable team options (I intend for the order of the supporters/receivers to be based on viability). This is missing a very important platystyle in the metagame which is weather. Before I add other abilities, let me know what you think!

Magic Guard
Supporters:

Receivers:

Multiscale
Supporters:

Receivers:
Regenerator
Supporters:

Receivers:

Unaware
Supporters:

Receivers:
Adaptability
Supporters:

Receivers:

Sheer Force
Supporters:

Receivers:

Tough Claws
Supporters:

Receivers:
Levitate
Supporters:

Receivers:

Water Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Fire Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Electric Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Last edited:
I have decided to work on a Shared Power ability compendium for when the metagame is released. Keep in mind that this list isn’t even close to finished and that the abilties themselves are in no particular order. The purpose of this resource is to illustrate the most useful abilities, it’s best users, and its best receivers. These will be grouped into different categories for different playstyles. Notice how Magic Guard falls under “all-around” and not “balanced” since it, and several other abilities are usable in a wide variety of archetypes. While I understand basically everything benefits from everything, this makes it easier to see the most viable team options (I intend for the order of the supporters/receivers to be based on viability). This is missing a very important platystyle in the metagame which is weather. Before I add other abilities, let me know what you think!

Magic Guard
Supporters:

Receivers:
Regenerator
Supporters:

Receivers:

Unaware
Supporters:

Receivers:
Adaptability
Supporters:

Receivers:

Sheer Force
Supporters:

Receivers:
Levitate
Supporters:

Receivers:

Water Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Fire Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Electric Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:
Could Crawdaunt be added as an Adaptability supporter and Cresselia and Uxie as Levitate Supporters?

Last edited:
Memento Mori

Metagame premise:This OM makes Pokemon to use a move which would normally make them faint after they have died, depending on their bst, meaning that for example, a pokemon with 300 or less BST would use final gambit on KO, without having the move in its moveset. This increases viability of lower BST mons without changing The Pokémon itself. Once three pokemon are dead, you must forfeit, which is the remorse clause. This is to make it so saving one pokemon is more important than keeping another at full health.

BST chart for moves used on KO

Less than or equal to 300, 80 or less HP stat- Final Gambit for whatever their full HP was. This would be implemented by reviving The Pokémon, and forcing Final gambit.
Less than or equal to 300, more than 80 HP stat- Memento
300-500, 80 or less HP- Explosion
300-500, Hp 80+- Self Destruct
500+ Self Destruct

Pyukumuku (Innards out+Final Gambit is crazy)
OU Bans
Shadow Tag
Regenerator

Questions for the community: I just wanted to float the idea, and see if it is ready for a submission to the OMs team.

If they've already fainted, then Final Gambit for 0 HP just isn't that impressive.
Done

This sounds WAYYY to close to Last Will.......
There are more small changes, but it is very close, I agree...

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shared Power Ideas:

1. Kyurem-Black
  2. Kyurem-Black
  3. Kyurem-Black
  4. Kyurem-Black
  5. Kyurem-Black
  6. Kyurem-Black
  7. ect
For real, this thing can get: Refrigerate, Tough Claws, Speed Boost, Adaptability, Guts and Teravolt all in 1 set. Don't burn this thing, or you get a Refrigerate Return with Guts boost + everything else. (855 Atk, and Return becomes Ice and gets a BP of 122, plus Adaptability, + Ice typing. Then with Speed Boost you can protect first turn, and get up to 475 Spe (Timid Max Spe) in 1 turn... Have fun

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Memento Mori

Metagame premise:This OM makes Pokemon to use a move which would normally make them faint after they have died, depending on their bst, meaning that for example, a pokemon with 300 or less BST would use final gambit on KO, without having the move in its moveset. This increases viability of lower BST mons without changing The Pokémon itself. Once three pokemon are dead, you must forfeit, which is the remorse clause. This is to make it so saving one pokemon is more important than keeping another at full health.

BST chart for moves used on KO

Less than or equal to 300, 80 or less HP stat- Final Gambit for whatever their full HP was. This would be implemented by reviving The Pokémon, and forcing Final gambit.
Less than or equal to 300, more than 80 HP stat- Memento
300-500, 80 or less HP- Explosion
300-500, Hp 80+- Self Destruct
500+ Self Destruct

Pyukumuku (Innards out+Final Gambit is crazy)
OU Bans
Shadow Tag
Regenerator

Questions for the community: I just wanted to float the idea, and see if it is ready for a submission to the OMs team.

Done
This sounds WAYYY to close to Last Will.......

I’m ecstatic about all of the Shared Power discussion going on, so I’ve decided to share a team I made a while back. I’d like to give a shoutout to aGroove for helping me out and discussing the metagame with me prior to making this. Without further ado, this is a sand team that showcases the Shared Power elements very well. It’s a very straightforward team, and everything has a clear and defined role, so here it is:

- Mega Tyranitar supports the entire team with Sand Stream. This is essential to every Sand team as it will also receive the various abilities from its teammates, including Sand Rush, making it a very dangerous Pokemon by itself thanks to its access to Dragon Dance.
- Excadrill supports the team with Sand Rush, allowing itself and every other Pokemon to double its Speed as long as Sandstorm is active.
- At a glance, we can see that the team has 4 Ground-weak Pokemon which is unacceptable. Latios provides Levitate which negates this and allows the team to do well against opposing Sand teams. It also appreciates the Speed boost from Sand Rush.
- Alakazam is another great option for this team as it supports it with Magic Guard. Magic Guard is an amazing ability that not only negates the unnecessary damage from Sandstorm, but it also negates all entry hazard and Life Orb recoil, giving the team a great matchup against offense and defense.
- Toxicroak may seem like a strange choice, but it’s actually the best Water-immune Pokemon on Sand teams. Not only does it grant the entire team an important immunity to Water, but it also heals everything in Rain, helping you win the weather war against these teams. It’s Ground weakness is also negated by Levitate, and it appreciates the Sand Rush boost.
- Lastly, Blacephalon wraps everything up with Beast Boost. Combined with Sand Rush, it can completely devastate teams. Additional Water- and Ground-immunities do not hurt it at all, and most importantly, Magic Guard allows it to not only become unnaffected by Stealth Rock, but it allows Blacephalon to fire off recoil-free Mind Blowns and tear through teams.

This pretty much concludes the teambuilding process and explains the individual roles that each Pokemon have. As you can see, the teambuilding process for this metagame is rather different, as synergy is more important here. The ability slot is everything in this tier, as unique combinations can help your team overcome different playstyles. Immunities play a great role here as well, as Pokemon with crippling weaknesses (Ferrothorn, Magnezone) can be alleviated by its newfound immunities. To be totally clear, I do believe Sand Stream is an ability to suspect sometime in the future, but I just wanted to show off my thought process when attempting to build teams for this metagame. Please let me know what you think!

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

It's worth noting that Sand Rush already gives you immunity to sandstorm damage, without having to bring Magic Guard on board. Obviously if you're using Blacephalon then you'll want it anyway for that, but that's a sort of two-Pokemon core that can be swapped out without impacting the other four much.

It's worth noting that Sand Rush already gives you immunity to sandstorm damage, without having to bring Magic Guard on board. Obviously if you're using Blacephalon then you'll want it anyway for that, but that's a sort of two-Pokemon core that can be swapped out without impacting the other four much.
That's pretty interesting, I didn't know that at all - definitely could lead to some pretty good support for sand teams in the future. That being said, I think without Magic Guard the team would have to be reworked a bit more(which isnt necessarily an issue) - Magic Guard supports this team mostly by allowing abuse of Life Orb without recoil damage(and Blacephalon's Mind Blown like you mentioned).

However, Magic Guard helps this team and any team in general in Shared Power by removing damage that normally comes with hazards, or status like Toxic or Toxic Spikes, making it what i'd argue to be a top tier ability. While it seems a bit boring to have Alakazam/Clefable/Sigilyph on every team, it's great for teambuilding because it removes the necessity for the role of hazard control.

For this team there would definitely have to be a bit more to be reworked other than Blacephalon(if Magic Guard was removed), and not needing hazard control also allows Excadrill to abuse setup as opposed to rapid spin.

Last edited:
So I've been trying to think of how to build a stall team in Shared Power that wouldn't be completely invalidated by facing another stall team (because Stall v Stall in this meta is essentially a perpetual stalemate thanks to Magic Guard + Regenerator) and I came up with this. It's far from perfect and doesn't perform as well against offense as most stall teams would, but it's something.

Lapras @ Grip Claw
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Lapras' is a weird choice, but absolutely essential to what the team needs to do. While Whirlpool's persistent damage doesn't effect magic guard users, the trapping effect remains, meaning Lapras can effectively trap and destroy pokemon on any stall team that doesn't carry soundproof thanks to perish song. Ice Beam is there to avoid making Lapras complete dead weight against offense, though it does provide it's team with Shell Armor to aid in that as well.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Infestation
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

I chose Tangrowth over Toxapex as the team's Regenerator donor for a few reasons. The first being to avoid exacerbating Lapras' electric weakness, but also due to Tangrowth's more notable offensive presence. Allowing it to trap opposing mons with infestation and hopefully dish out more damage than they're capable of healing back with Regenerator. Though it still fails to beat a lot of mons that have dedicated recovery outside of Regenerator, it's capable of significant annoyance thanks to Knock Off.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Wrap
- Roost

Multiscale + Regenerator is just one of the best combo's I can think of in this meta and I'd be shocked if Dragonite doesn't become a staple on defensive teams. Confusion damage is one of the few forms of status that actually affect Magic Guard mons, meaning trapping + Hurricane is a fairly effective way to break down opposing mons, and thanks to Roost, it's actually capable of going toe to toe with mons that possess their own form of recovery.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Whirlwind
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Zapdos is here to provide some offensive presence as well as lending Pressure to the rest of the team, shortening the longevity of anything that attempts to heal up in the face of Tangrowth or Dragonite.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Standard Clefable, pretty much singlehandedly changes how Stall v Stall matchups work out in this meta, and integral in making sure this team doesn't get worn down against more common stall archetypes. Magic Guard also has the benefit of providing Dragonite with a free Life Orb boost, allowing Hurricane and Flamethrower to deal significantly more damage without the decidedly anti-stall chip damage LO provides.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

Well... we can't have 2 clefables.

Magic Guard
Supporters:

Receivers:
Regenerator
Supporters:

Receivers:

Unaware
Supporters:

Receivers:
Adaptability
Supporters:

Receivers:

Sheer Force
Supporters:

Receivers:
Levitate
Supporters:

Receivers:

Water Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Fire Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Electric Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:
This is a great guideline and the way the abilities are classified makes sense, though it's really hard to say what's going to actually work without testing, due to the sheer level of variation possible in this meta. This is still nice as sort of a proto-viability ranking sorta thing

Personally, I don't think Kingdra really belongs on the list of Adaptability mons. Water mons in general typically appreciate Water Bubble more and Kingdra isn't that useful outside of Rain Teams, even then, Swampert-Mega may end up outshining it.

Excadrill could probably sit on the list of Receivers for Levitate as well, given that one of it's most common sets back in the day was an Air Balloon set.
-----------------

A couple suggestions, but don't consider the mons I used to be concrete. Remove/add whatever you want, I just wanted to put some stuff forward

Add Multiscale to all-around.

Supporters:

Receivers:

While abilities like Regenerator also benefit offense, there aren't really any regenerator mons that fit well on an offense team. Dragonite however has great offensive and defensive presence, and can fit reasonably well into either playstyle. Giving offensive leads a huge advantage over their opponent, and providing opportunities for set-up mons as long as the offensive player has a way of dealing with hazards, which given Dragonite's access to defog, isn't too hard to accomplish. Bulky offense benefits from this more than HO, but it's a great ability in almost any situation. Ideal receivers would be your typical leads like Lando-T, Tapu-koko or Greninja, who are given a guaranteed advantage over their opposing leads when facing other offensive teams. Defensive mons love multiscale for obvious reasons, but the ones listed here are listed due to their great synergy with Dragonite. Serene Grace providing Hurricane with a 60% confusion chance, Regenerator + Multiscale providing nearly free switches to any team without a ridiculous amount of fire power etc.

Add Crawdaunt and Beedrill-mega to the list of Adaptability users.

While they aren't as good as GonZ, and Beedrill takes up a mega-slot, they both benefit more from the other offensive abilities in the game such as Tough Claws/Technician, and Crawdaunt fits onto rain teams much more easily.

Add Prankster to all around

Supporters:

Receivers:

It leans slightly more defensive but giving offensive mons the ability to use priority taunt/defog/sub/TWave or boosts is pretty nifty. Klefki, Thundurus and Whimsicott are pretty much the only viable donors. I guess Sableye is okay in case you wanna go mega at some point. Honestly, the mons I put here are probably not even the best receivers of it but the list is fairly endless.

Add Serene Grace to offensive

Supporters:

Receivers:

Serene Grace users are already annoying, but the mons that can receive it are even worse. Pidgeot-mega is probably the most threatening, as with Serene Grace, it has a 60% chance of confusing or flinching you with either Hurricane or Air Slash, while neither can miss thanks to No Guard. Aerodactyl and Weavile's main draw is their huge speed stats. While the accuracy on their flinching moves hurts these sets considerably due to flinchhax reliance on consistency. It doesn't all have to be flinchhax though, pretty much every water type in the game appreciates the boosted Scald burn rate, and PorygonZ's tri attack is semi-reliable for inflicting status now.

(Also, Serene Grace + Tough Claws + Adaptability + Strong Jaw + Technician = 60% Flinch Chance on Weavile's bite and 359 BP after STAB, yikes)

Add No Guard for Offensive

Supporters:

Receivers:

There are so many high BP moves in the game that go unused due to their poor accuracy. Mons like Nidoking can now afford to run Blizzard/Fire Blast over Ice Beam and Flamethrower, while MLop's High Jump Kick no longer risks 50% recoil. Kyurem now has a better Ice STAB in Blizzard. Xurkitree and Magnezone can afford to run Zap Cannon (which is actually more powerful than Thunder, on top of the 100% para chance). Also, Gengar and Xurkitree get a perfectly accurate Hypnosis, which benefits both of them tremendously.

Also, for Grass immunities, Goodra is pretty much the only viable mon, but it's there, and given that Water/Ground has 0 weaknesses with Grass off the table, it might be pretty desirable on a rain team w/ MegaPert

Last edited:
^I don't think plus/minus really needs to be added to the mix, especially if it means changing mechanics. Also it sounds potentially busted lol. The name Shared Power is good, and I don't think the name of the meta really needs to have some variation of the word "ability" in it.

anyways um

Shiny Swap

Snorlax(N): 160 HP / 110 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SpA / 110 SpD / 30 Spe
Snorlax(S): 30 HP / 65 Atk / 110 Def / 110 SpA / 65 SpD / 160 Spe

Crobat(N): 85 HP / 90 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 130 Spe
Crobat(S): 130 HP / 80 Atk / 90 Def / 80 SpA / 70 SpD / 85 Spe

-I can't think of anything obviously broken with this mechanic, but some speedy attackers would make really solid walls and some fat mons would be really dangerous offensively. Huge power mons like Azumarill and Mega Mawile get a significant buff, but they also take a hit to their bulk that may keep them balanced.
-I can see shiny Araquanid being insane with its base 132 SpA + Water Bubble. It's still weighed down somewhat by its mediocre base 68 speed and 42/70/50 defenses.
-Shiny Steelix is terrifying

I love this idea its perfect !! Especially since its not as complicated as the other one (as shiny shift that was posted a while ago) and still retains the same inverse stat-like mechanic

To answer some of the questions:
-no i think its fine as it is, remember simple isnt always bad, they are sometimes the best oms (like stabmons, simple but very fun)

-idk tbh, would it be better to make all the mons have swapped stats without relying on shiny? Or is it better to give variety in giving people the option to use normal stat spread koko for example? For me i think variety is better

-i think we would see more shiny forms than regular, due to the many new wack options we got (shiny snorlax, steelix, blissey, azumarill, lando)

Also i dont think u should add the inverse type resistances and weaknesses, it just makes it way more confusing and more similar to inverse battle

Heres link to the original post if anyones interested: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop-check-post-1293.3598275/page-32#post-7435731

Last edited:
I think we ought to look at something else in this metagame. Granted this will not be happening during day 1, I have a question for the community. Should we regulate weather as a whole? Every single Pokemon doubling its speed and being able to set the weather that permits that at the same time sounds like it’s even worse than the banned Speed Boost. Sand teams (the best weather archetype) effectively have every Pokemon double its speed at almost all times, and this is worrysome. I’d like to receive input on the community on this proposal: should ALL weather-inducing abilities become banned in Shared Power?

Before we answer this, let’s look at what these abilities are:
  • Sand Stream is the worst offender here, as Tyranitar (main weather setter) is already a terrific Pokemon, and Excadrill is absolutely no slouch. With supporters like Latios and Water-immune Pokemon (which all receive the Sand Rush boost) this playstyle seems borderline unbeatable. It can hold its own against all of the other weather archetypes. I propose banning Sand Stream from being shared in order for weather to remain viable yet a little more balanced. However, if we do this, I believe we will have to ban the other ones as well. Moving on:
  • Drizzle is another big threat in the metagame as this one not only provides the team with a speed-doubling ability in Swift Swim, but it boosts the power of Water STAB as well. While Pelipper and Kingdra are not nearly as good as Tyranitar and Excadrill, they still provide a scary amount of support to the rest of their teammates, as they can all simply switch in and trigger the weather and Speed boost as well.
  • Drought has the monster known as Mega Charizard Y providing Drought support once it Mega Evolves. While the selection of Chlorophyll users isn’t the most elite, they still provide the rest of the team (and Charizard Y itself, which is terrifying) with the doubled Speed. Water immunities also help Drought team win the weather war with Drizzle teams. Lastly:
  • Snow Warning may seem a little dumb compared to all the other ones I mentioned because of how underwhelming Hail is as a whole, but Hail has something over all the other weathers out there that’s pretty broken, and that is Aurora Veil. Alolan Ninetales blesses the entire team with Aurora Veil support, and Alolan Sandslash provides the Speed boost. Aurora Veil is a very dangerous move in this meta as it’s centralized on offense, so I believe Snow Warning is on the same level as the previous abilities are mentioned.
So again, my question is whether we should ban/suspect test weather abilities as a whole so that the entire team does not have access to them. This would mean that every team could still have the ability that boosts the speed stat in weather, but they will have to depend on the sole setter being conserved, making it a much less apparent threat in the metagame. I do not want this to turn into a metagame where weather is the only viable playstyle or a centralizing one. Let me know what you think!

I feel like suspecting the abilities and banning th weather rocks. Setting weather through moves seems ok, however.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
I think we ought to look at something else in this metagame. Granted this will not be happening during day 1, I have a question for the community. Should we regulate weather as a whole? Every single Pokemon doubling its speed and being able to set the weather that permits that at the same time sounds like it’s even worse than the banned Speed Boost. Sand teams (the best weather archetype) effectively have every Pokemon double its speed at almost all times, and this is worrysome. I’d like to receive input on the community on this proposal: should ALL weather-inducing abilities become banned in Shared Power?

Before we answer this, let’s look at what these abilities are:
  • Sand Stream is the worst offender here, as Tyranitar (main weather setter) is already a terrific Pokemon, and Excadrill is absolutely no slouch. With supporters like Latios and Water-immune Pokemon (which all receive the Sand Rush boost) this playstyle seems borderline unbeatable. It can hold its own against all of the other weather archetypes. I propose banning Sand Stream from being shared in order for weather to remain viable yet a little more balanced. However, if we do this, I believe we will have to ban the other ones as well. Moving on:
  • Drizzle is another big threat in the metagame as this one not only provides the team with a speed-doubling ability in Swift Swim, but it boosts the power of Water STAB as well. While Pelipper and Kingdra are not nearly as good as Tyranitar and Excadrill, they still provide a scary amount of support to the rest of their teammates, as they can all simply switch in and trigger the weather and Speed boost as well.
  • Drought has the monster known as Mega Charizard Y providing Drought support once it Mega Evolves. While the selection of Chlorophyll users isn’t the most elite, they still provide the rest of the team (and Charizard Y itself, which is terrifying) with the doubled Speed. Water immunities also help Drought team win the weather war with Drizzle teams. Lastly:
  • Snow Warning may seem a little dumb compared to all the other ones I mentioned because of how underwhelming Hail is as a whole, but Hail has something over all the other weathers out there that’s pretty broken, and that is Aurora Veil. Alolan Ninetales blesses the entire team with Aurora Veil support, and Alolan Sandslash provides the Speed boost. Aurora Veil is a very dangerous move in this meta as it’s centralized on offense, so I believe Snow Warning is on the same level as the previous abilities are mentioned.
So again, my question is whether we should ban/suspect test weather abilities as a whole so that the entire team does not have access to them. This would mean that every team could still have the ability that boosts the speed stat in weather, but they will have to depend on the sole setter being conserved, making it a much less apparent threat in the metagame. I do not want this to turn into a metagame where weather is the only viable playstyle or a centralizing one. Let me know what you think!
I personally think that they should be banned or suspect tested. Swampert-M is downright terrifying. Rain Dish Drizzle and Swift Swim is a deadly combination.if we regulated them, you would actually need to run a fast setter in order to run a weather after it stops, even then, it could get killed easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)