Other Metagames Memetime Funtime! BH Electric Terrain

Well, I'm back, after a year long hiatus, and I decided to just jump into the amazingly crazy world of Balanced Hackmons. I quickly noticed many changes from ORAS BH, the most notable being how ridiculously good Mega-Mewtwo-Y is. I decided to use a team of 3 of them for a little bit, but got bored with it and wanted to build a new team. After struggling to find something to beat this monster, I went into OMs to vent, which lead to this little conversation that lead to this teams creation.

[23:25:39] Alexgrizz: mm2y is some major bullshit
[23:26:55] NOC unlucky13: i'm going to use pheromosa to kill it. pheromosa
[23:27:24] NOC unlucky13: god, I love using mm2y, but its too good
[23:28:15] Alexgrizz: that psychic terrain is to good
[23:28:25] NOC unlucky13: it really is
[23:28:31] Alexgrizz: it just gives you to many +1s
[23:28:58] lordmagecar: run first impression electric terrain heracross
I just laughed at that point and, just for a joke, did a damage calc to see the kill potential, and it was a OHKO. Just for a couple laughs, I built a team around this Mewtwo killer, and to very satisfying, albeit not particularly good, team of funny memes.

A not so serious song to match a not so serious team.

I started with this guy because of the comment by lordmagecar. I used Electric Surge and First Impression to kill Mega-Mewtwo-Y consistently. It must be working, because I've never had issues with it with this team. I'm not going to remove this, because it is so useful as a revenge killer, wallbreaker, and pivot. All I'm going to say is thank god Mega Rayquaza is more uncommon than last gen.

Prankster Xurkitree seemed the next stage in this team's evolution; easy to Imposter proof, obscene power, great stallbreaking potential with Trick+Choice Specs, great revenge killing potential, and even Parting Shot support. What didn't this thing offer my team?

I added RegenVest Yveltal as Imposter proofing for Xurkitree, and it has yet to disappoint. I initially ran Sucker Punch, but that was removed by Pursuit, which sees a little more use. This is yet another mon that I'm not removing, because although I have another mon that beats an Impostered Xurk, a spare never hurts.

Surge Surfer POgre was added next, with Zap Plate Judgment, because it beats Imposters a little bit more. Parting Shot was used as well, because I like my pivots. To be honest, this is the mon I have the least to say about, simply because I didn't use it much.

Now for a mon I used the shit out of! Surge Surfer Zekrom is like my first three mons in that he has never changed, and probably never will. STAB Bolt Strike hits like a truck in Electric Terrain (or anytime for that matter,) and U-turn is still a pretty useful move with decent power. Of course, once I learned that Dragon Hammer was essentially a stronger Dragon Claw, it was a no brainer. This thing covers so many roles: revenge killer, physical sweeper, Stallbreaker (with Trick+Choice Band), Mega Rayquaza killer, general dragon destroyer, bulky pivot, you get the gist.

Before I talk about the mon that imposter proofs this entire team, I would like to give Aegislash the respect its shiny deserves: in my opinion, it has one of, if not the best looking shiny in the entire series. Now that that is out of the way, this mon has my vote for the most gimmicky set on the entire team. This thing is Volt Absorb. You heard that right, Volt Absorb. Go ahead and laugh, remove it from the team. Go use that team and watch as an Imposter Chansey just rips this team apart, then head back to the teambuilder and put it back on the team. Seriously, this thing usually ends up as sacrifice fodder, but you can never be too safe when dealing with Imposter Chansey.

I never thought I'd say this, considering just how good it was last gen, but I ended up replacing Primal Kyogre with an Aegislash that will hereby be referred to as Slash to make discerning the two Aegislash's easier. If the last Aegislash seemed really gimmicky, its a good thing that this one is a bit more standard with Flash Fire. The set is designed with one main purpose: stop Contrary sweepers. If there is one mon that does this role better than anything else I know of, its Slash. This version of the team saw the end of Sucker Punch, because I never used it. I'm still shaky on Pursuit, since I just don't see myself using it very often.

Alright, now for what you came for: the actual team!

mm2y killer (Heracross-Mega) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Bolt Strike Ice Hammer
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Yes, this thing. The ultimate meme. The thing this meme team was built around. I've already explained First Impression, Electric Surge, and U-turn, but let's talk about the rest. Terrain Extender (for those who don't know, like me before yesterday) increases the length of Terrains by three turns. So, it is essential for this team's success. Adamant is here because I like my beetles to hit things very hard, and who knows, I might encounter an idiot using Bold Mega-Mewtwo-Y or worse, a Fur Coat set. Bolt Strike was added because I like to take advantage of Terrain, and it hits hard off of base 185 attack, but I replaced it with Ice Hammer, which alleviates my ground type weakness somewhat. Close Combat is just a secondary STAB just in case I encounter teams that pretty much all resist my other moves.
Honestly, I don't see myself changing anything about this set, except maybe Bolt Strike. That move hasn't been the most useful on this thing, but it makes it a bit easier to Imposter Proof than, say, Earthquake or Precimiss Blades. After replacing Bolt Strike with Ice Hammer, this team has much less issues than it used to. I no longer see any reason to change it.

BeXurk (Xurkitree) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Nature Power
- Parting Shot
- Recover Entrainment

There are many things about BeXurk I remember, including Lcass4919 being offended by me not spelling it as "BerXurk." I don't think I can replace this thing anymore, and, honestly, I wouldn't want to. This thing has put in SO much work. Prankster gives Nature Power priority, which means I can exploit that juicy 173 base Special Attack. Even better is that Trick also gets priority, meaning I can give a massive middle finger to unprepared stall teams. Parting Shot is more of the same, and is very useful if I predict a switch, or simply want to soften a painful blow. The last moveslot is filled by Recover Entrainment because I really don't care what goes in that slot, and having a way around PH mons that can really annoy this team is appreciated.
I had no issues with this set until I started writing this RMT, when I realized that Destiny Bond might be a better move for BeXurk than Recover. I still don't see myself using it, but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Should I replace Recover, or should it stay as is? Another thing I could change might be Trick: I know Trick+Imprison isn't common, but you never know. I could replace it with Switcheroo. Just another thing I'd like to hear advice on. Other than that, I don't see myself changing this set anymore. I really, REALLY love this set.

beef Jerky (Yveltal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Nuzzle Spectral Thief
- Sacred Fire Revelation Dance

This set is a little bit, eh, closer to standard. I mostly just went with RegenVest because I really didn't know what I should run on it. I have to say, its been working out nicely; Sacred Fire and Nuzzle provide VERY useful support; Nuzzle provides useful parahax support (because we all know that the 25% still feels like 50%) and Sacred Fire provides burns, which obviously make a plethora of my mons seem that much more bulky to physical attackers, in addition to negating burn. U-turn takes advantage of Regenerator, giving me some nice passive recovery. Lastly, Pursuit is pretty much just a STAB physical move that can pseudo-trap weakened Mega Gengar or Mega Mewtwo Y. Since I'm using all attacks, and this thing isn't going to be getting any kills, I went with Assault Vest for more bulk. Pretty simple set to be honest.
The only questionable moveslot for me is Pursuit; even though it can be useful, I just see myself using Nuzzle and U-turn in almost every circumstance where it might be helpful. I just don't know what I should replace it with though...Nothing else seems helpful. Knock Off ruins my Imposter proof setup, Sucker Punch is never used, and I can't think of anything that's more helpful for this set. If you have any advice, please share with me, because I really want some advice here.

Oh boy, I ended up changing this Pokemon more than anything else on the team. The two main changes are that Nuzzle and Sacred Fire got replaced with Spectral Thief and Revelation Dance, as advised by SuperSkylake. The former bones a lot of setup sweepers (unless I'm fighting my new team, which is...weird), while the latter destroys Normalize Mega Gengar, which is a painfully mediocre set if we are being honest. The biggest and most important change is to Yveltal's speed: I made this thing slower than molasses. This allows it to outslow more things, allowing me to get more safe pivots. Pursuit is the same as always, it keeps MM2Y pressured hardcore, and U-turn has yet to change, and probably never will. Yeah, this thing got a huge revamp, and will likely stay the same for a long while.

meMEmaKErs (Zekrom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Surge Surfer
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Dragon Hammer
- Trick

Oh boy, I love this thing. A lot. STAB Bolt Strike in Electric Terrain hurts like a bitch to anything that doesn't resist it, or is outright immune. Trick + Choice Band is a no brainer to cripple walls, similarly to Xurkitree, while that same Choice Band allows me to outright vaporize bulkier sweepers like Primal Kyogre. U-turn is just an obvious pick to me; I am one of the worst players in terms of predictions, so having a move that allows me to get a hit in while also allowing me to get this thing out of its threats is so useful to me. Dragon Hammer is an alternative STAB that hits Dragons like Giratina, Zygarde-Complete, and Mega Rayquaza for huge damage. Oh yeah, this thing boasts all this while being insanely fast in Electric Terrain. I love this set so much that I'm not planning on changing it, and is one of the few things to never change, so lets just skip over that segment.

MemeSmasher (Aegislash) @ Mail Steelium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Defog

Well, I've explained everything noteworthy about this set. Shore Up is healing, and damn good healing at that. Whirlwind gets dangerous setup sweepers the hell out, which means this thing isn't a dead weight outside of Imposter proofing my team (although it mostly sees usage as sacrifice fodder). With Whirlwind replacing Sunsteel Strike, I can handle Mega Diancie a lot better, in addition to this making my Shedinja weakness a lot more manageable. U-turn is, like I've said repeatedly, a good pivot move. Defog is just there to add in some patchwork hazard control, because this team doesn't exactly have a lot of recovery. Mail Steelium Z and Volt Absorb are the only interesting things to discuss. Steelium Z blocks both Trick and Switcheroo in addition to giving me a means to kill Diancie. If a Choice item is tricked onto Aegislash, then my main Imposter proofer is heavily crippled, which is obviously a bad thing. Volt Absorb is chosen over other abilities like Motor Drive and Lightningrod because healing is more useful than a petty offensive boost on a more defensive mon.
There is one little thing I'd like to add to this mon, but this thing has kinda a four moveslot syndrome going on. I'd like to add in Infestation, but I don't really know what to remove. With Sunsteel Strike replacing Whirlwind, I have no need for Infestation.

Slash (Aegislash) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Haze Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Metal Burst Sunsteel Strike

I was going to put an image of Slash from Guns 'n' Roses on here, but I couldn't decide on an image. Regardless, Slash is very similar to Aegislash, but also fundamentally different. This guy is used for Contrary and setup sweepers in general, in addition to quite a few high tier mons. Haze Whirlwind is essentially a reset button when things get too scary, and can force the enemy into a nasty spot. Metal Burst Sunsteel Strike is used to give some offensive presence against more terrifying threats (see also: Mega Mewtwo Y), and everything said about Sunsteel Strike and Steelium Z can be copy-pasted here.
This is the set I'm most willing to see changed. I could replace Metal Burst with Infestation, because Shedinja can be really annoying to this team. I could also replace Haze with any PHazing move, specifically Whirlwind. Just let me know what you think. With Metal Burst being replaced by Sunsteel Strike, I have no issues with Shedinja, and therefore have no need of Infestation.

mm2y killer (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Terrain Extender
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Ice Hammer
- U-turn
- Close Combat

BeXurk (Xurkitree) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Nature Power
- Parting Shot
- Entrainment

beef Jerky (Yveltal) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance

meMEmaKErs (Zekrom) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Surge Surfer
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Dragon Hammer
- Trick

MemeSmasher (Aegislash) (F) @ Steelium Z
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Defog

Slash (Aegislash) (M) @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- Sunsteel Strike

v 1.1
Mega Heracross now runs Ice Hammer over Bolt Strike
Xurkitree now runs Entrainment over Recover
Yveltal now runs minimum speed and runs Spectral Thief and Revelation Dance over Nuzzle and Sacred Fire
Aegislash now runs Sunsteel Strike over Whirlwind
Slash now runs Sunsteel Strike over Metal Burst and Whirlwind over Haze

Honestly, there are only a few things that scare this team at the top of my head. There are three that I can think of: Ground types (for obvious reasons), Mega Diancie (not a threat at all if it has no Ground type moves or Moongeist/Spectral Thief, but a nightmare if it does) and Shedinja (Sturdinja is a nuisance, with Focus Sash Shedinja just being fucking annoying ass troll) (lol). I feel this team can be better, but overall, I just want the team to be as good as it can be without losing the slight challenge that makes it fun for me to use. I hope you enjoyed reading this, I hope you enjoy using this team, I hope you enjoyed the song, and I hope to get solid advice from you guys. Peace out.​

Last edited:
Sounds like you're really enjoying yourself in BH, and that's great. Unfortunately if you want to continue to ladder up with your team, in its current form, you will face a lot of problems.

*Ground types and coverage: All you have in the way of a ground resist or immunity is Yveltal, and that is already worn thin checking loads of other special attackers, so it doesn't really count. A lot of Ground attackers are running Thousand Arrows and that will just knock Yveltal right down as well.
*Fur Coat users: Fur Coat Giratina walls all your sweepers, and you have no way to wear it down reliably, especially if the opponent is also runnning a Fairy-type alongside it to force you to predict before going for Dragon Hammer on Zekrom. A lot of Fur Coat Giratina also runs darkinium-z parting shot, so it's immune to trick, and can restore something that's super low on health.
*Sturdy Shedinja: You actually aren't as bad off as you think against this, since you have two aegislashes. So even if they have soak, you can just switch to the other one. Still, you lose tons of momentum and you cant actually kill the Shedinja. You might want to change that.
*Entrainment normalize Mega Gengar: Nothing can switch into stop it, so if it gets a free switch on to the field, and is running Shell Smash, you have lost.
*Poison Heal sweepers: The biggest one is Regigigas. Most of them run Facade, Shift Gear, a Dark or Ghost move, and Spore. That means that after a single shift gear boost they 2hKO your Aegislashes.

Now let's look at sets, there's a lot I could suggest to fix up here, but I will try not to change any of the Pokemon themselves, and I'll keep Electric Surge Heracross since you built your team around it even though it's subpar, and on high ladder will not stand muster.

Heracross-mega: MMY isn't really a huge problem for you as you think, since you have Regen vest Yveltal, and that can take a Specs-boosted Fleur Cannon or Volt Switch. I would strongly reconsider First Impression, perhaps replacing it with Swords Dance instead, which gives it a lot more power against physically defensive walls (Unfortunately, Giratina walls the shit out of it, so it can switch in for days).

be Xurk: There are a ton of priority-blocking abilities around here, such as Psychic Surge MMY. You're trying to hybrid a Prankster and Wallbreaking set into a single mon, and thus wasting its breaking potential. Consider either putting a Scarf on this thing and giving it Galvanize, which will let it outspeed stuff up to base 130 like jolly MMX, or running Surge Surfer with a plate and judgment. But if you run surge surfer, then Xurk is practically useless when terrain is not up. It's vital to run a wallbreaking set though. If you decide to run Galvanize with scarf, run Boomburst/Ice Beam and then pick out two other moves, such as Trick, Moongeist Beam to hit Giratina and Shedinja or Volt Switch to gain momentum on predicted switches. A surge surfer set might run Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Earth plate Judgment (for Primal Groudon), and Knock Off/Moongeist Beam/Volt Switch.

AV Yveltal: One thing that is a must is Revelation Dance > Sacred Fire. This allows you to hit Mega Gengar after it gives you Normalize, so it can't fre set up. I would strongly advise considering Spectral Thief > Nuzzle, as otherwise you will be destroyed by a ton of setup sweepers, especially Power Trip sweepers. Pursuit is still a solid move, allowing you to trap MMY.

Zekrom: This is a fine set. You may consider changing the ability to Electric Surge, giving Heracross room for another more useful ability, which allows you to abuse 2.25x powerful Bolt Strikes when backed up by a Choice band. Another option is Galvanize with Extreme Speed/Boomburst/Judgment/Shell Smash with a Draco Plate, which is still imposterproofed by your Volt Absorb Aegislash, lets you hit faster foes with Extreme Speed, and hit imposters and Fur Coat Giratina back with Judgment.

Your two Aegislashes: Mail is totally outclassed by z-crystals this gen. You can only use one z-move per game, so I'd only do it once, but this retains the immunity to trick, lowers Knock Off power to 65 BP so they can actually take it easily, and lets you restore something that had already died. I'd strongly consider changing the Volt Absorb Aegislash to leftovers, and the Flash Fire one to z-haze. Even if Volt Absorb is tricked a choice item, things aren't horrible, though it's important that you preserve it to imposterproof your other sets and that's a bit harder to do with a Choice item.

Meme Smasher: Consider Sunsteel Strike > Whirlwind to get rid of Mega Diancie, as that still kills it even with the terrible 50 attack This also kills Shedinja. Plus, there's no point in phazing unless you have hazards, and most Shell Smashers can OHKO Aegislash anyway.

Slash: Changing the mail to Icium-z on this lets you totally restore all your hp if you manage to land it, which can sometimes have its uses. I still don't like this mon at all though. Metal Burst is bad, as it's too easy for non-Contrary mons to set up on this Aegislash. Consider replacing it with Entrainment, which forces out all Poison Heal users. Luckily for you, your Electric Terrain will protect you from Spore.

mm2y killer (Heracross-Mega) @ Terrain Extender
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Close Combat

BeXurk (Xurkitree) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Galvanize
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch / Moongeist Beam

beef Jerky (Yveltal) @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Revelation Dance

meMEmaKErs (Zekrom) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst

MemeSmasher (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Defog

Slash (Aegislash) @ Icium-Z / Darkinium-Z
Careful Nature
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Haze / Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Entrainment

Just a question: Is mail ever worth using in a world with Z-Crystals? Surely you could just go Normalium/Icium Z for free boosts/full heals. (Z-Haze is a delight.)

Just a question: Is mail ever worth using in a world with Z-Crystals? Surely you could just go Normalium/Icium Z for free boosts/full heals. (Z-Haze is a delight.)
Yeah, I've changed it, but I really haven't gotten the time or willpower to edit the RMT. That and I don't play as much as I'd like to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)