ORAS OU Mega Scizor Volt-turn (peaked 1800)

Volt-turn team built off bulky sd mega scizor.
Please help to improve the team, also welcome to use the team, its fun!

Team members:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

This scizor set acts as a physcially defensive pivot, u-turn is used to grab momentum.
Swords Dance is for scizor to sweep once its checks have been weakened, don't do so before that is done.
Priority bullet punch is a must of course.

Delphox (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

To make up for scizor's 4x weakness to fire.
Max hp evs to give it as much bulk as possible.
Calm mind and psyshock allows allows delphox to beat would be checks heatran(lacking toxic) and latios 1 on 1 provided that it calm minds on the switch.
Fire blast is to kill off things like opposing mega scizor and defensive lando-t.
Will-o-wisp is used to cripple ttar on switch or catch defensive lando off guard. The max hp will ensure delphox will live defensive lando eq.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Utilizing the uncommon rock polish set.
This thing is a great partner to delphox because lando has intimidate and delphox's wisp will cripple physical attackers, making it easy for this lando to set up and run teams over once checks like rotom-wash, tangrowth and opposing lando are weakened.
+2 earth plate eq has a good chance to ohko ferrothorn, amoongus, so u can see it has a lot of power.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Scarf hydreigon. Used to revenge kill off threats like latios, mega manectric, etc.
Fire blast over flash cannon because i already have bullet punch scizor and mega scizor can sweep this team if delphox and this gets weakened too much.
U-turn... momentum stealer.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Used to make up for scizor's fire weakness, delphox water weakness, dreigon and lando ice weakness.
Standard tail glow manaphy... lots of people already know this, so idk what to put here.
Used to kill fat teams.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Pivot cobalion with rocks.
Great defensive synergy with delphox, excellent bisharp check.
Volt switch is a momentum grabber, use it when you see the opponent has counters like amoongus, avoid if lando is present.
Cc and iron head are STAB moves.

Concluding Tip: You can't play timidly with this team, otherwise you'll lose. Try to always go for the move that gives momentum.

Weaknesses

Most glaring one I've seen and can think off.
I always try to lead manaphy when i see a keldeo on people's teams.
Team has no good switch-ins to keldeo.
Weaken it as much as u can.
Sub CM Keldeo = rip

Calm mind set especially is a nuisance.
Otherwise, hydreigon can check it if not scarfed.
Delphox can take 1 hit and wisp it.

Concluding Tip: You can't play timidly with this team, otherwise you'll lose. Try to always go for the move that gives momentum.
Peak...

https://gyazo.com/71fce77deedc5001fb10cf23bfb6af22

Wow a Delphox on a high peaked OU team awesome. Just yesturday I saw an Umbreon + Espeon on a high ranking team, I feel like they're a good send off to ORAS you know the lower tier mons got to shine in the big league before a new gen comes.

You're a much better player than me, but I'll do some nit pick anyway haha.

This might sound silly but you can try adding low kick on Delphox with a little attack investment,it does a ton of damage to Tyranitar.

0- Atk Delphox Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 212-252 (57.9 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- Atk Delphox Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 110-130 (34 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Damage will be higher with a little evs(like 20-32) however calm mind and will-o-wisp are pretty useful too. Poor Delphox can't learn focus blast :(

You could try adding Azumarill over Manaphy to help against Keldeo but then you may have to change Latios over Hydreigon to beat Mega Venu but idk i'm not sure. Belly drum Azu can put pressure on the opponent and I'm guessing you win games with this team by applying offensive pressure.

The team would be easier to rate if you had replays. Well from what I saw of this team I gave my honest opinion. Good luck :)

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hi, congrats on the peak! That's a really interesting team tbh and I was planning on writing a proper rate but I'd change half of the team lol, I just don't see how you can handle some weaknesses like Keldeo for example, that's why I'd appreciate it if you added some replays to see what your gameplan against those kind of threats is. Good luck with the team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)