Gen 6 Mega-Scizor + Speedy Sweeps

Hi, I peaked at around 1375 with this team, but fell on a massive losing streak; I'm not sure why and what my best course of action is.

I think I need more psychic, fire, and electric coverage, but I'm not sure where to add them/what to remove.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

The big offensive threat, it's the standard swords dance set. If I can get it into a weaker target, I can swords dance on the switch in. Bullet punch offers fairy coverage and priority, bug bite gives stab damage and psychic coverage, and superpower hits everything else hard. When I run into fighting or ground pokemon, I tend to switch to Zapdos; Clefable or Keldeo goes into fire types or Wil-o-wisp since they are the least affected. I'm thinking about swapping Bug Bite for U-turn or Roost, but I'm not sure which would be more useful.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

My slightly weak physical wall; the idea is to force a paralysis with Static against physical moves, or toxic any walls. Heat Wave offers some fire coverage, Roost keeps it alive, and Volt Switch for STAB damage and pivoting. Honestly, this might be the first pokemon I swap. I think Static and Toxic is redundant, it doesn't pressure anything enough, and Volt Switch as the only STAB is limiting, since I need to then switch out.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

I like this pokemon a lot, but I need to change it's moveset. Scald and Sacred Sword are keepers, since they offer great STAB, and can burn/hit special walls. Hydro Pump doesn't get much usage, since I prefer the accuracy/burn of Scald, and Icy Wind is irrelevant since I have three very fast sweepers. I don't want to run sub+calm mind, since I love having a pokemon with 500+ speed. Also I can hit pokemon hard already with it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

I've been having trouble settling on a lead, this has been the best option so far. Stealth Rock is self-explanatory, the hope is to force swaps with my heavy hitters, Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn hard, Softboiled allows me to stay alive, and Thunder Wave can shut down offensive leads pretty well. I don't enjoy the lack of Fairy STAB, but I need to make some other changes before I can swap a move for Moonblast. I do think I should swap the physical and special EVs, but I may not do that if I add a special wall.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Icicle Crash
- Poison Jab

I like running the Expert Belt since Weavile has a lot of super effective potential. Knock Off is essential for STAB and item removal, Icicle Crash offers a heavy STAB move for flying and grass, as well as a flinch chance. Poison Jab helps eliminate fairy pokemon, and Brick Break kills T-Tar, and other dark, rock, or steel pokemon. I'm thinking about Ice Shard, but I'd lose out on damage/flinch from Crash, or other coverage options.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

My second scarf sweeper. Intimidate + U-Turn is great to bring in frailer pokemon against physical threats. Earthquake is good general coverage with STAB bonus, while Stone Edge hurts anything that can't get Quaked. Knock Off is so good I have it twice, and it great when I can't predict what they'll switch to. Sometimes I'll lead with it if their team has hazard support, but mostly it stays in reserve to clean up.

So what should I change? I've died a lot against water types and fighting types. Thank you in advance for the help, and have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)