SM OU Mega Gallade offence ~1900

INTRO

Hello all. First time posting here but had a few people asking me on Showdown for the team so thought why not give it a go. I made the team upon Mega Gallade's release (and Marshadow's ban!) and have been having a fair bit of success and fun with it. Peaked at just under 1900 on the ladder and I'm currently yo-yoing between 1800-1900 with it. Any way here's the squad, hope you enjoy!

THE SQUAD

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

The team captain himself Mega Gallade. I've loved the design of this 'mon ever since it's release but always thought of it as a poor man's Medicham, however in the current meta this thing is a threat. Dual STAB plus Ice Punch gives it all the coverage it needs to rip holes in most teams after a swords dance, breaking through common walls such as Toxapex, Landorus-T, Tapu Fini and AV Tangrowth. It also has decent natural bulk and a nice speed tier which helps to set the SD up, and when it does there is very little in the tier that can switch in comfortably.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

I added Bisharp to form a wall-breaking core with Gallade. Bisharp helps by threatening Pokemon that Gallade struggles to break through (namely Mew) and threaten fairies. Also functions as a late game cleaner with Sucker Punch. As this team stacks entry hazards, Bisharp makes opponents think twice before clicking defog.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

What's an OU team without a Landorus on it?

Jokes aside, the team was looking a bit Magearna weak (what team isn't?) and needed a Stealth Rocker. I decided to go with the Skystrike set to keep with the offensive nature of the team and give me more options against the bulky grass types in the tier such as Tangrowth and Mega Venusaur, to help ease the pressure on Gallade. Having Intimidate helps with faster physical threats as well (Mega Lopunny, Garchomp, DD Zygarde) even if it means sacrificing him just to get the intimidate off.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

I decided to add spikes to the team as Gallade and Bisharp typically force a lot of switches and I wanted to punish that. Due to the team being so offensively minded so far I thought Ferrothorn fit the bill perfectly as my spikes setter and general pivot. Typically checks threats such as Tapu Koko, Battle Bond Greninja, Banded Zygarde, and Tapu Lele (without HP Fire). I went for Chople Berry + T-Wave to punish Mega Lopunny and Scarf Keldeo which can be problematic to the team, allowing Gallade or Koko to outspeed and KO them.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I added Tapu Koko as my team lacked real speed, and was also made up entirely of physical attackers. I was originally running a magnet set with taunt over Dazzling Gleam but felt it lacked any real power so swapped it to a specs set. I went with HP fire to help with Mega Scizor and opposing ferrothorn, I felt I was decently well covered against Zygarde and Landorus so HP Ice was unnecessary. People generally don't see Specs Koko coming so I often land a few surprise KO's.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

I wanted a scarfer to round the team off and felt Garchomp ticked all the boxed. Garchomp helps check Volcarona which could be a real nuisance as well as revenge killing Pokemon such as Charizard (both X and Y) and opposing Tapu Koko. He is usually the one to clean up after Gallade and Bisharp are finished doing their thing. A great late game cleaner/revenge killer.​

IMPORTABLE
https://pastebin.com/PtVDWU2b

PROOF OF PEAK

SIGN OFF
Any way troops that's the team! Hope you all have as much fun with it as I have. Any suggestions on how to improve it, or how I can improve on any future RMT's feel free to let me know! Cheers!

Attachments

It seems fine although you have no switch ins to Mew except Tapu Koko who takes a lot damages with stealth roc and psychic so in my opinion it's a problem, I will probably play a Tapu Koko with roost in order to have a really good switch in to mew. It's a personal opinion but I prefer knock off on M-Gallade because it's a more versatile option moreover at +2 it destroys Mew. That lure set on ferrothorn is lit. A special scarf biased Greninja can be problematic hera furthermore your team lacks a decent switch in to Gren Ash and we all know this thing is monstrous. I hope you enjoyed my rate see ya!!!

It seems fine although you have no switch ins to Mew except Tapu Koko who takes a lot damages with stealth roc and psychic so in my opinion it's a problem, I will probably play a Tapu Koko with roost in order to have a really good switch in to mew. It's a personal opinion but I prefer knock off on M-Gallade because it's a more versatile option moreover at +2 it destroys Mew. That lure set on ferrothorn is lit. A special scarf biased Greninja can be problematic hera furthermore your team lacks a decent switch in to Gren Ash and we all know this thing is monstrous. I hope you enjoyed my rate see ya!!!
You're pretty much spot on man. Mew has been causing me problems due to lack of wisp switch in's, I might go back to the taunt koko and add roost to help with that. Been playing around with Lum berry on Bisharp as well which also has helped. Thanks for the tip man!

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I have to say this is one of the most enjoyable teams I've ever played with, and I've had good match ups with most play styles. However, I find that it doesn't have the greatest match-up against stall, since many of the mons here get worn down by burn and rocks. Although the Koko can deal large damage with Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam, most Sableyes will try to protect and scout the move after calcing specs damage, then switch causing you to have to make a prediction or lose momentum. Again, I think this as well can be played around, but from the few games I've played with it, stall could be easier for this team to break through. Lum berry Bisharp does seem like a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)