LC Magikarp

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
The year is 2019. The Pokemon world, too, is suffering from the ravages of climate change. Decades of industrialization, oil spills, and poor environmental management have turned the seven seas into cesspools of toxicity. Oceanic food chains are collapsing as temperatures rise, boiling the sea. The ocean can no longer bear the legacy of human callousness. Yet still, something emerges out of the poisoned waters. A young boy casts his Old Rod, confident that he will succeed in his daily catch. A grizzled old man travels the waters in a rowboat, searching for a white Wailord. These are the people of the damaged sea, and they will never abandon it.

Much the same can be said about Magikarp.

[SET]
name: I Think I'm Funny For Using This
move 1: Splash
move 2: Flail
move 3: Tackle
move 4: Bounce
item: Bright Powder
ability: Rattled
nature: Jolly
evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Splash is the crux of the set because, let's face it, if you wanted to actually do damage you would've picked a different Pokemon. With the given EV spread, Magikarp hits 18 Speed and outspeeds enough of the metagame to show off just how small its damage output is before promptly getting OHKOed. Bounce carries a paralysis chance, which works well with Bright Powder. Bright Powder is so your opponent misses all their attacks while slowly tearing their hair out which is funny because, hey, you're cooler than them. You, my friend, are using a Magikarp.

Interestingly, this set sees little competitive use.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Nineage, 195129]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aerow, 218410], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Electrolyte, 148071]]

Last edited:
I would argue that the best set for Magikarp has a focus sash. All 19/20 speed mons and scarfers are going to OHKO magikarp prior to it landing any damage, and thus a sash would allow for massive damage with flail. In addition, when facing mons that are slower, you can tackle first turn, then flail second turn for massive damage. With an adamant nature, you can beat the known threat Skitty with SR up, a true feat.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this better be uploaded >:( it was too enjoyable of a read

add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]
The year is 2019. The Pokemon world, too, is suffering from the ravages of climate change. Decades of industrialization, oil spills, and poor environmental management have turned the seven seas into cesspools of toxicity. Oceanic food chains are collapsing as temperatures rise, setting the sea to boiling the sea. The ocean can no longer bear the legacy of human callousness. Yet still, something emerges out of the poisoned waters. A young boy casts his Old Rod, confident that he will succeed in his daily catch. A grizzled old man travels the waters in a rowboat, searching for a white Wailord. These are the people of the damaged sea, and they will never abandon it.
(line break)
Much the same can be said about Magikarp.

[SET]
name: I Think I'm Funny For Using This
move 1: Splash
move 2: Flail
move 3: Tackle
move 4: Bounce
item: Bright Powder
ability: Rattled
nature: Jolly
evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Splash is the crux of the set because, let's face it, if you wanted to actually do damage you would've picked a different Pokemon. With the given EV spread, Magikarp hits 18 Speed and outspeeds enough of the metagame to show off just how small its damage output is before promptly getting OHKOed. Bounce carries a paralysis chance, which works well with Bright Powder. Bright Powder is so your opponent misses all their attacks while slowly tearing their hair out which is funny because, hey, you're cooler than them. You, my friend, are using a Magikarp.
(line break)
Interestingly, this set sees little competitive use.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Nineage, 195129]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Electrolyte, check purple in my sig]]
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)