NOC Mafia101 NOC: Sign ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I maay or may not add flavour to this game depending on how cool im feeling

-------------------------------------
Hi Welcome to my open set up NOC with a twist! Getting into mafia can be a daunting prospect; to outsiders of this forum it is quite difficult to jump right in and figure out what is going on in any real kind of capability. Additionlly, theres a number of players who have recently begun playing and could need some real guidance to develop their play further and realise what mistakes they have been making in relation to gameplay thus far. My solution? Lets get some of the more familiar faces within the circus scene to break in some new faces through a buddying / tutoring system a la battling 101!

This is how its gonna go. I am going to tag users I believe will make good tutors to help newer users into the subforum below, and they will enter the 'tutor' pool. Once i have 11 users in the tutor pool, I open the official sign ups to allow for players to join. Sign ups in this pool will be open to everyone who is not in the tutor pool, but i will prioritize new players as this is the point of the game. Once i get 13 sign ups in that pool, I then give each town member a tutor, and assign a tutor to the mafia as a team. Then the game begins!

MESSAGE TO PROSPECTIVE TUTORS: you are not going to play the game through your tutee. that is not the point of the game. I would very much like it if you guys kept the talk to strategy talk, rather than role solving. Obviously theres a fine line here between what counts as leading your tutee correctly, telling them what they're doing well and what they arent reading correctly, and then doing the same but pushing your own scum reads through the tutee. I am saying now that tutees should be initiating the conversation nearly all of the time, and I'm going to put into place a restriction of 1 activity prod / need any help kind message from tutors to tutee each day. I trust the people I'm highlighting especially to know the difference between tutoring and playing through someone however, and please keep conversation restricted to smogon pm.

Set Up

Scum
3X Mafia - has a team nightkill. Can day + night chat. Wins when town is eliminated or cannot win elsewise.

Town
1x cop. Can investigate one user per night. The investigate will return whether the targetted player if mafia or town. Wins when there are no more threats to the town.
9x Vanillla town. Wins when there are no more threats to town.

Game starts on day cycle

Hammer (majority) mechanic in play

if majority isnt achieved during the day phase, the person with the most votes at the end of the day cycle is lynched. If its a tie, BOTH are lynched

72 hour first day, 24 hour nights all times. May drop down to 48 hour days after the first day, activity depending.

Heres your list of tutors!

Tutor List
Thetwinmasters
Blue_Tornado
Yeti
Walrein
LightWolf
Blazade
Jalmont
rssp1
Da Letter El
Cancerous
pancake

If needed (sub i guess)
Josh
UncleSam

Mithril
Texas Cloverleaf
Former Hope
MoodyCloud
Hitmonleet
Traceoflife
BlankSlate2356
whydon
king_
martin
biggie
shubaka

Last edited:
I honestly don't think I'm near good enough to be tutoring people in NOC and would rather be on the receiving end of tutoring, but if you need me to I can. PST

I'm down to be a tutor
fwiw your tags didn't work because I was not tagged and didnt know I was until I saw the thread
Either that or I just missed the tag lol

EDIT: Forgot to include timezone, i'm PST.

Last edited:

Asek

Banned deucer.
OK I have 11 tutors aside from the 2 low priority users, so this is good to go. Threads now open for sign ups for everyone! Please post your timezone in your sign up post so I can allocate you somebody who will be easy to correspond with

Hey Asek, I think this is a great idea and hopefully some new people will play, sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Looks like you have more than enough capable people but I'm happy to sub as tutor if needed. I'm GMT +10

Asek

Banned deucer.
buuuuump. If I don't get some more sign ups by tomorrow im going to go through past nocs and tag tutee prospects as i did tutors. Some advertisement for those who dont click on circus would be nice but I have no means to do that sooo ?_?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)