SM OU looking for team improvements ,team features,krookodile,togekiss and registeel

This was to be a team built around Hydreigon but the team lead to too many fairy weaknesses which put way too much pressure on registeel so I kept changing the team to what you see below but before all the changes my team was hydreigon,M-lopuny,registeel,gengar,tornadous and rotom-wash.

:sm/Krookodile:

Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
krookodile is the the main revenge killer of this team it was gengar but gengar couldn't check heatran,magerna and latias like crookodile.Choice scarf to make it the faster than any pokemon in the ou teir which allows krook to be an effective revenge killer.Adamant nature to hit hard I could choose jolly but I don't know what the extra speed would accomplishAlso pursuit is used instead of crunch to trap the laties and low health foes that could switch further improving revenge killing capabilities.

:sm/registeel:
@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
The special defence tank walls powerful treats like choice band ash-greninja and fairy types in general not sure about M-mawile since haven't been match up with her/him yet.This is a general stall set but gengar will be safe from all of registeels moves but thats what krookodile is for.Registeel is also the the teams hazard setter but its not needed only if charziard or talonflame is present on the opposing team.

:sm/Tornadus-Therian:
@ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 100 HP / 72 Def / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
First off all I have no idea what I was doing with the EV's I think I was trying to find the the balance of surviving a ice punch from lupunny and OHKOing a mega-venasaur if I didn't have my flyinium-z if someone could give me some values that would be nice.Tornadous is the teams only defogger but with tornadous carrying defog rotom can use pain-split.fly-z is used to get rid of tangrowth and M-vensaur which would wall krookodile and medicham.

:sm/Rotom-Wash:
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
The defence tank walls mega-charziard-X which would sweep through the team and ice types weavile which could cause problems for tornadous along with M-swampert which becomes crippled after will-o-wisp burn which makes rotom-wash such a good defence tank(not as good as Mega-sableye though).Also rotom and tornadous forms a strong pivot core for the team which helps keep up the momentum.

:sm/Medicham-Mega:
@ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
The wallbreaker special defensive pokemon of this team which would stop togekiss and tornadous.Medicham also checks toxapex with zen headbutt(misses too often for me) which the team does struggle with if krookodile is out.Most teams with toxapex has a ground/flying type to take electric and ground attacks so thats why I use ice punch to check the checks.I was using M-lupunny before since it checked grens and had access to ice punch but it wasn't OHKOing lando's after intimidate which medicham can do so I switched.

:sm/Togekiss:
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
Another wallbreaker to check physical walls like ferrothorn and M-scizor but I'm not sure if togekiss can live a bullet punch from M-scizor.Airslash and dazzling gleam for stab and to check fighting/grass types and dragons.The ability is super luck so if I get a critical hit its helps with mons that stack defenses like victini or volcorona. Aura sphere is just there for coverage against low health steel types.I used choice scarf to replace the gap left by choice scarf hydriegon.

Thanks in advance for all the tips,advice and maybe even compliments in advance.

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
@ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
The special defence tank walls powerful treats like choice band ash-greninja and fairy types in general not sure about M-mawile since haven't been match up with her/him yet.This is a general stall set but gengar will be safe from all of registeels moves but thats what krookodile is for.Registeel is also the the teams hazard setter but its not needed only if charziard or talonflame is present on the opposing team
Ever tried Toxapex?
@ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 100 HP / 72 Def / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
You generally shouldn’t have trouble with Lop and should KO it nicely with Hurricane:
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 330-390 (121.7 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 204-242 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Why not just run the standard spread of 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe?

To answer your Togekiss question:

0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 192-228 (51.3 - 60.9%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But in al honesty I recommend the Tapu Lele if you want a Fairy-type wallbreaker:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Also, last preference choice, but I prefer Greninja-Ash as a wallbreaker. Very different roles though, your choice.

Last edited:
Ever tried Toxapex?

You generally shouldn’t have trouble with Lop and should KO it nicely with Hurricane:
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 330-390 (121.7 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 204-242 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Why not just run the standard spread of 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe?

To answer your Togekiss question:

0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 192-228 (51.3 - 60.9%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But in al honesty I recommend the Tapu Lele if you want a Fairy-type wallbreaker:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Also, last preference choice, but I prefer Greninja-Ash as a wallbreaker. Very different roles though, your choice.
this really helped I really appreciate it I don't know how tapu lele slipped my mind but it did even though I'm using her right now with a new team.The main reason for togekiss was to take care of fighting types but I can do that with tornadous or lele the reason for registeel is to take fairy hits and grass hits from rotom along with ice attacks but I could use tornadous to take grass attacks but Im not sure how many leaf storms it can take form Serperior.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
this really helped I really appreciate it I don't know how tapu lele slipped my mind but it did even though I'm using her right now with a new team.The main reason for togekiss was to take care of fighting types but I can do that with tornadous or lele the reason for registeel is to take fairy hits and grass hits from rotom along with ice attacks but I could use tornadous to take grass attacks but Im not sure how many leaf storms it can take form Serperior.
It doesn’t need to: Tornadus outspeeds Serperior and OHKOes it with Hurricane. And first Leaf Storm only does 30% max

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I don’t know... Specially Defensive Heatran? I’m at a loss. Why not try Pokemon out and see what fits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)