Other Metagames Let's Go Candyless, not sure if anyone will rate this team…

This might be the first Let's GO OU team on rmt, but I'm not sure. This is my first rmt post in a long time, and I just watched my two first ones: boy, do they suck! They all had something to do with gimmicks that were my only wincon and weren't consistent at all. Hopefully this team does better.

Disclaimers before we start of: I have learned a lot from smogon and some poketubers in the past years and I feel like I'm slightly improving as a builder and player,
but I'm still pretty mediocre at competitve pokémon. I might make some more OU, UU, Monotype and ZU teams in the near future, but because Let's Go is so fun, I though it would be neat to make this team and post it here. You can clearly tell this game wasn't supposed to be used for extreme competitive battling, but I love the simplicity of everything.

-The cast of pokémon is reduced to the OG gen 1 beasts, including mega evo's, the alolan variants and the 2 newcomers, Meltan and Melmetal.

-There are no items and Abilities, which completely changes the way some pokémon function.

-There is only 1 hazard, no hazard removal and a plethora of status that can only be removed by Rest or the only cleric in the game: Eevee. It is wild, and with candy it's even wilder. I don't even know if anybody is intrested in rating a let's go team, because it's quite new and in the future things might work out better, so there will be more people posting Let's Go teams here. And now I am officially done, so we can move on to the team!

The Team: I went in making this without a plan of how the team would function. I just smashed 6 mons together with typings that worked well together and then I did some battles. I also used the resources I could find on smogon to look for movesets and idea's. The team chaged a lot and now I think it's ready to be posted.

images.jpg

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 50
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I really like to use M-Aerodactyl, and it's definitely the best lead in the game, but I wanted to build a team around another Mega, so I made it a Rhydon instead. Rhydon isn't as good, but when your opponent leads Aero and he taunts you or puts up SR, you get a Rock Slide off and then he dies (sometimes), effectively making it a suicide lead.

Calc: Rhydon Rock Slide vs. Mega Aerodactyl: 134-158 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

It can put pokémon on a timer, like Starmie on a switch, with Toxic, and Eartquake is a really powerful stab, dealing niche damage to all pokémon that aren't obviously outspeeding and shrecking him.

Art by Siplick

Raichu-Alola
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

This mon is a good set-up sweeper, using encore to lock pokémon in a move that does nothing to Raichu, and then setting up in the face of that mon with CM. A good example is when a Metmetal clicks Thunder Wave on Gyarados or something else, Raichu can switch in and absorb it. Then it can lock Melmetal in T-Wave and set up.

Psychic and Thunderbolt form great stab coverage and they deal nice damage. Obviously you can only 2KO a M-Gyarados at +1, so previous damage is needed. This mon also has a good speedtier, and can outspeed Zapdos, all forms of Charizard and more. This mon is also our steel/psychic resist, but that's something you can't rely on.

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

The GOD of LGPEOU is Mew (kinda). It can run a set-up sweeper moveset with 3 different moves, can stop sweeps and can break stall. I like Flamethrower on Mew, because Melmetal is always a threat and Flamethrower destroys that. It can shut down a lot of pokémon, taunting easily on Rhydon and Golem. Roost is for longevity. Dragon Tail makes it easy to get rid of mons that think the can set up on Mew.

Dodrio
Ability: Run Away
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Jump Kick

Great anti-meta pick. Destroys S-Eevee with it's eyes closed, and is able to set up and recover when needed. Drill Peck is always a good move. I had a Hitmonlee on the team first, which did it's job well, but this pokémon outspeeds more pokémon and deals more damage, so I went with it.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave/Rest

The star of the show (uch, such a RMT-cliché)! This pokémon is a special defensive monster, able to take a lot of hits. It's immunity to psychic and resistance to steel make this a great anti-meta pick. Crunch takes Mew, M-Zam and Starmie out with ease, and Waterfall deals with the mayority of stealth rock setters. Taunt also helps to get stealths of the field. T-Wave is good for speed control, handy for when Raichu and Dodrio need to outspeed something, but Rest is also a great pick, as Eevee can wake Gyara up when the opportunity arises.

1543678769951.jpeg

Eevee-Starter
Jolly Nature
- Sappy Seed
- Protect
- Sizzly Slide
- Sparkly Swirl

The REAL GOD of LGPEOU is Eevee! (I lied about Mew being that, sry!) It is the only cleric in the game and helps Gyara deal with burn, as well as sleep if you decide to run Rest on Gyara. Sappy Seed is a great scummy move that really helps eevee to be as trolly as possible, in tandem with Protect. Sizzly Slide (which might be banned at the time that someone rates this team) is great to cripple a majority of pokémons.
Here is a quick recap:

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Raichu-Alola
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

Dodrio
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Jump Kick

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Eevee-Starter
Jolly Nature
- Sappy Seed
- Protect
- Sizzly Slide
- Sparkly Swirl

I don't mind if you guy changed a big chunk of the team. I like it enough to post it here, but a lot can be improved. Every time I change a thing, something new pops up and destroys me. I need someone to make this a consistent team, so that I can climb the ladder no problem. Maybe it's just me that does before he thinks, and not my teambuilding skills. Hope there is anyone that likes to rate a LGPE OU Team. Peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)