RMT Let the Tails Glow

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Let The Tails Glow!

This is an offensive variation of Balance that I've been using for a bit. I've seen a lot of success with this team as it really preys on the the fat teams opening holes for greninja to cleanup late game.

My Thought Process:

+

I decided that Tail Glow Aurumoth + Greninja would be a really nice core, due to Aurumoth being able to break through bulky steels like Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Greninja while also pressuring bulky grasses like Tangrowth.

+
+

Ferrothorn seemed like a nice defensive backbone as it gave me Stealth Rocks and a Fairy check, as well as a water check. I ran Knock Off to remove leftovers on bulky fires like Pyroak or Mollux, to make it harder for them to check pokemon on my team respectively.

+
+
+

Zygarde was then added to the team to mitigate my weakness to Fire-Types, and give me a wincon against more offensive teams. Zygarde also provides me a way to stop voltturn if I'm desperate, whilst also pressuring bulky Grass-Types for Ash-Greninja.

+
+
+
+

Kitsunoh was added to provide me a more offensive fairy check, whilst giving me speed control and hazard removal. I'm not a fan of Scarf Defog sets but kitsunoh added a ton of utility to my team including luring lando, checking Tapu Bulu and revenge providing me with momentum.

+
+
+
+
+

Lastly I added zapdos to give me a ground check as my team was desperately weak to Flynium Z landorus-T. Zapdos is also my tomohawk switchin which allows my physical attackers to not lose me momentum completely versus tomohawk.

The Team:
Aurumoth @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Tail Glow
Fightinium Z is used to allow me a burst of power versus bulky steels before and after setup. I'm running Timid > Modest because I don't want to lose out versus Volkrakens.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
I've used Spikes on this team mostly, however I feel U-turn would be a better option so I don't lose too much momentum versus the keldeo which is difficult for my team to switch into. Standard Greninja otherwise.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
Standard Ferrothorn with Knock Off to remove leftovers off of pokemon which check my sweepers, as well as scouting for z Move Landorus-T for example.

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
DD Zygarde is used for my late game wincon after my initial breakers have gone to work, I felt that LO was really nice as my team doesn't have much speed control so hitting hard with priority would be appreciated.

Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
Scarf Defog Kitsunoh for removing hazard for both Aurumoth and Zapdos, U-turn giving me momentum allowing me to get in my sweepers, especially Aurumoth, much easier.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost
Max Speed Zapdos so that I can outspeed Zygarde before a DD and Landorus-T before a Rock Polish, Heat Wave for weakening any steels as well as HP Ice for hitting previously mentioned Grounds.
Threatlist:

Volkraken and Keldeo are a pain to deal with, I have to play 50/50's with them if they're specs, however if they're scarf the team has an easier time switching into them.

Zapdos is incredibly hard for my team to switch into, but it is breakable.

I wish I had replays, but it's CapTT season.

Snorlax in the way You're trash<3

Jho Helped me test this team, amongst others and you're funny af. #britishuprising
Frat Dude Also help me test this team A LOT, really good battler #pinkpatrol
SHSP So I heard you were... shsp the boy, ty for 6-0'ing me with camel, you should've saved the replay lol
Ria Long time friend in CAP, we should start building again soon
snake_rattler Your puns have kept me going when I'm tired af LOL really good friend
sparktrain Always give me a good battle and advice, it's nice having you back spark!
cbrevan You've helped me get into the forum a ton and give me a good chuckle in the PS room.
TheWall Another long time friend, I'll get back into RU eventually and then I'm coming for you ;)
Cheryl. One of my longest friends on showdown, you still suck tho :]

Aurumoth @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Tail Glow

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Defog

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Great team Drapion, congratulations!

Here are the weaknesses I see :

- Charizard X isn't commonly seen currently, but be careful if you face it as it can get multiple set up opportunities between Ferrothorn, Kitsunoh and Zapdos if you don't get the para with Discharge. At +1, you cannot take his hits and you have to pressure it with your priorities and maybe Kitsunoh once it is very weakened, but you lose several Pokemon in the process.

- Since you don't carry Shadow Strike on Kitsunoh, Aurumoth Quiver Dance (and even DD) pressures your team heavely as well once it gets a set up opportunity (even though it maybe harder for it than for Zard-Y), your Kit cannot revenge kill it if it has been boosted by Weak Armor. Zapdos might be able to take a boosted hit, but if the opposing Aurumoth packs Blizzard...

- There are some wallbreakers that might be a pain to switch into like Zard-Y with HP Ice, Colossoil ( Ferro might be able to take 2 EQ, but without Protect you probably won't be able to switch in twice as Leech Seed cannot give you enough health), Specs Tapu Lele... but every offense must have troubles like this.

- Unaware Clefable might be the only defensive Pokemon which don't fall to TG Aurumoth and thus being extremly for your team to deal with, especially since it commonly carries Protect to scout on which Gren and Kit are locked into, stops Zygarde as well and threatens Ferro and Kit if it packs Flamethrower.

Nonetheless, your team looks still very solid. I don't have many ideas about Pokemon which could fit well on your team though, I'm bad at this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)