Other Lesser-Used Pokémon and Sets in OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now, I am sure many players have encountered some lesser-used pokémon in the OU tier, and I am equally sure that many of you have been caught off-guard by them. Ever wondered what that Furret you see in the team preview is going to do? Ever wondered why that guy is using a Slurpuff? What will that Hypno do? These are the kind of questions that go through people's heads when they see these bad pokemon, and then, in some matches, you get caught off guard by them. This is the kind of thing that will be discussed here. These are a few things that I have seen catch people off guard, but are generally not brilliant.

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spd
Sassy / Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

See if you can work it out. If you can't, here's what it does:
It may set up Stealth Rocks, otherwise it takes a hit with Sturdy and retalliates with Metal Burst. Takes advantage of its 4x Fighting-type weakness combined with Sturdy to OHKO most Fighting-types, it can take non-super effective hits with its monsterous defensive stats to deal heavy (or light) damage.

Furret @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Double Edge
- Shadow Claw / Brick Break
- U-turn

I once tricked away a Chansey's Eviolite. The only real draw to it is that noone knows what Furret does, but it does work fairly well in free for alls.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Unburden
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Thief / Wish

Belly Drum and maybe KO something. Sitrus Berry activates Unburden. Make sure Slurpuff has an even HP number so that Belly Drum activates Sitrus Berry (I think these EVs do the job, but I'm not 100% sure)

Hypno @ Life Orb
Trait: Insomnia
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Once again, Belly Drum and KO something.

Those were some random examples I came up with in 2 minutes. Feel free to post some of the lesser-used things that you have used/seen that have, you know, done something, and this can be Pokémon or sets. Feel free to post sets, replays and logs, just make sure that logs are put inside the hide tag:

Code:
Untitled hides:
[hide]text[/hide]

Titled hides:
[hide=hide name]text[/hide]
Please be civil and please, please, please do not put other people down, no matter how crazy the things they have posted may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)