Lead Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could have Smeargle Role Play or Skill Swap Machamp's No Guard, I believe; but wasting a turn to set up with something as fragile as Smeargle, who always has a massive target painted on him, is risky indeed.

I like how no good player reveals their lead combinations here. After the 2010 WCS this knowledge will probably become useless though, so I can understand that.

Okay, random lead duo here.

Groudon @ Iron Ball
Trait: Drought
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Bronzong @ Occa Berry
Trait: Levitate
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Trick Room

Auto-loss against DV Smeargles but everything else is handled pretty well.

I like how no good player reveals their lead combinations here. After the 2010 WCS this knowledge will probably become useless though, so I can understand that.

Okay, random lead duo here.

Groudon @ Iron Ball
Trait: Drought
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Bronzong @ Occa Berry
Trait: Levitate
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Trick Room

Auto-loss against DV Smeargles but everything else is handled pretty well.
You could probably fix that by making Groudon a Rester.

@Chesto Berry
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Rest
Sleep Talk/Rock Slide

It probably isn't necessary to have Sleep Talk, but in the case DV Smeargle is out, at least you'll recover off the sleep, and if he goes again, you have Sleep Talk with at least two moves to hit it hard with. The only problem might be setting off EQ with a partner who didn't protect and isn't a flyer/levitating one. :/

Im new to VGC, but here's my lead set.

Abomasnow@macho brace
Quiet 4 hp/252 att/252 spatt
31/31/31/31/31/0
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Protect
Ice Shard

Palkia@lum berry
Timid 4 hp/252 spatt/252 speed
31/0/31/31/31/31
Blizzard
Protect
Spacial Rend
Fire Blast

Comments or suggestions?

Ok... Here i go
Cherrim/Yache berry/Jolly
EVS/ 252 Atk/ 252 Special Defense/ 4 HP
Trait: Flower Gift
31/31/31/0/31/31
Seed Bomb
Helping Hand
Sythensis
Return

Groudon/Lum Berry/Brave
EVS: 252 Attack/252 Special Defense/4 Defense
Rock Slide
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Sunny Day

Yes. No Guard affects the Pokemon that Machamp is attacking along with the Pokemon that is attacking Machamp.
With that knowledge, would Machamp targeting Smeargle with HP [Ghost] activate No Guard? And even so, is that strategy viable given any number of things that could go wrong?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
With that knowledge, would Machamp targeting Smeargle with HP [Ghost] activate No Guard? And even so, is that strategy viable given any number of things that could go wrong?
No Guard only affects attacks by Machamp and targeting Machamp. Targeting Smeargle will not pass on No Guard or anything like that.

Ghost moves don't deal damage to normal pokes, even if they do hit, so no it would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)