LC Spotlight: Pancham

Status
Not open for further replies.
With ORAS being officially released in less than a week I think it'll be wise to make Pancham the first LC spotlight in ORAS as it got plenty of cool stuff that'll make it raise in both usage and viability, so yeah I thought it'll be cool if it gets the spotlight as people will be able to know more about it and how much it'll be effective.

(However if this gets approves I won't start writing this until ORAS gets released so that I don't base it on just theorymon)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Goddess Briyella blizzardy macle

Personally I'd like to see the dust settle after the release of ORAS before giving Pancham a Spotlight. If the datamining holds true, there'll be plenty of boons coming its way, but it's still quite the assumption that it'll jump from Mid C to Spotlight status that quickly.

Edit: Unless there's an LC ORAS ladder....?

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Goddess Briyella blizzardy macle

Personally I'd like to see the dust settle after the release of ORAS before giving Pancham a Spotlight. If the datamining holds true, there'll be plenty of boons coming its way, but it's still quite the assumption that it'll jump from Mid C to Spotlight status that quickly.

Edit: Unless there's an LC ORAS ladder....?
Chiming in to say that I agree entirely here. I approve of this having a spotlight, but not until we've seen how it actually plays in Little Cup and how the metagame molds itself around it with its new additions.

We talked about this on IRC. I think what we should do is have a spotlight for Bunnelby this issue and then do Pancham in Issue 39. :)

cool

So will Yagura write that or...?
Yeah I'll gladly do it.

And yes I think it'll be wise to wait until the meta stabilizes a little bit as like I said in the OP I don't want to write the article based on theorymoning about something we didn't even see in action yet, so I think having Pancham in the 39th Issue will be cool.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
13:15<BumAtWork> will Yagure be the one writing the Bunnelby spotlight?
13:15<GoddessBriyella> yes
13:15<BumAtWork> good, wanted to hear it from you
13:15<GoddessBriyella> he said he would post an AA
13:15<GoddessBriyella> i've decided to let him continue my spotlights
13:15<BumAtWork> nah that won't be neccessary
13:15<BumAtWork> we'll just approve directly
13:15<GoddessBriyella> sure

you already seem to have workshop access, so just go ahead and make a new thread there for Bunnelby.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Actually, Goddess Briyella should first confirm that Pancham has made such a splash in LC that it deserves a spotlight.

Edit: It's currently Mid-B rank in LC's Viability thread. Personally, I want spotlights to be around mons that are at least A- rank, where anything lower than that can be pooled together with other mons to make an Underrated Threats article or anything to that effect.

Actually, Goddess Briyella should first confirm that Pancham has made such a splash in LC that it deserves a spotlight.
Pancham is considered the Pokémon that got everything it needed in ORAS with moves such as Drain Punch, Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Dual Chop, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Focus Punch that allow it to hit almost the whole metagame super effectively. Pancham can also run a late game cleaner set with Swords Dance that works really well with its wide moveset. If there is anything LC got in ORAS it'll be the gifts that it gave to Pancham to play with.

Edit: It's currently Mid-B rank in LC's Viability thread. Personally, I want spotlights to be around mons that are at least A- rank, where anything lower than that can be pooled together with other mons to make an Underrated Threats article or anything to that effect.
Plenty of people think Pancham is Mid-A (or even High-A material) and even Rowan as the one that runs the LC viability rankings said so.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.

Swords Dance Pancham destroys worlds and is more than worthy of a spotlight. I know you've already approved it, but I just wanted to remove all doubt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)