Project LC Research Week Closed for Now (Won by Fille)

I'm making an RMT and I thought I'd participate in this as it features one specific Pokemon.

PS Username:
how3an
RW Username: Not Halloween
Pokemon:
Pumpkaboo-Small @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 4 HP / 36 Def / 244 SpA / 76 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

This is genuinely the most fun Pokemon I've ever used in any tier. The surprise factor of a Z-Trick-or-Treat, combined with the coverage of Fire Blast and Pumpkaboo's STAB makes it an extremely effective late game sweeper, while also being a great spinblocker and Ground-type check throughout the game. When paired with Knock Off users (the three I'm using being Sandshrew, Timburr, and Pawniard) it can break through almost any of its previous checks. Looking forward to see how much this thing can do.

PS Username: Allstar Line-up
Ladder Username:
RW Fun in the Sun
Pokémon: Poisonium Z Bellsprout
I'm not losing to fille this time :))

Pros. Z-Move Bellsprout is not to bad it not many mons can switch into bellsprout and not get killed by Acid Downpour. Being able to KO things like vullaby and ponyta after rocks is very nice because there usually and opponents only switch into bellsprout. Cons. After you use your z-move your left with not as much bulk as eviolite and not as much damage as life orb and if you waste and it either doesn't kill or they switch out then your left with a mediocre bellsprout.

THE SUN IS FUN (Bellsprout) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Powder
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb

I LOVE THE SUN (Vulpix) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack

FUN IN THE SUN (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

FUCK THE RAIN (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Sucker Punch
- Scald
- Volt Switch

FUCK THE SNOW (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Knock Off

BIRDS IN THE SUN (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

In conclusion Z-move Bellsprout hasa nice niche in lc being able to break down defensive teams with vullaby and ponyta and many other mons

Last edited:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
PS Username: Gummysaurus
Ladder Username: GummysauRWus
Pokemon: Z-Rain Dance Chinchou

i forgot to edit this with my Findings(tm) before this RW ended but here they are anyway

I didn't even make it onto the ladder but i got to 1257, this was the set i used:

神水 (Chinchou) @ Waterium Z
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

I used a team of Meowth, Onix, Vullaby, Mienfoo, Ponyta, and (of course) Chinchou. Half the members had U-Turn in order to get Chinchou in as safely as possible. I tried using Aurora Veil support, but I found that its just too many turns of set-up to use reliably (a turn to set up veil, a turn to send out chou, and a turn to set up rain dance before attacking). Also fun fact: google translate will tell you that chou's name means "shrine" but it actually translates to kamimizu which means divine waters. :D

Alright, so I'm a pretty bad player, but even I'm fairly certain that this set is 1. gimmicky, and 2. outclassed by other Chinchou sets and in general by other Water sweepers like Carvahna, Tirtouga, Omanyte, Shellder, etc. It's gone 2-0 in swiss which is why I used it (lol) but I personally didn't see any reason to use it over a Shell Smasher. The 100% accurate Thunder is a really nice, respectable niche since it OHKOes Vullaby, but Hydro Pump is pretty unreliable especially since you only get like 4 turns of rain. You also miss out on a lot of bulk without Eviolite which kind of sux. You also only get one set-up opportunity, which means that Chinchou is mostly dead weight if it's forced out (since both your STAB moves are unreliable without rain). It might be a better set if you used tbolt and scald for more reliability but I was kind of just going for power.

I don't think anyone particularly cares to see replays, especially since I never got out of low ladder.

Last edited:
**Sorry for double posting i just don't want to clutter my other post, this will be optimal by the end of the week.**

Gastly (M) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

So for the first z move of this week i want to try using Fairium Z Gastly. Initially you may discard the idea of running this set, simply because life orb dazzling gleam seems like the better option if you were wanting to run fairy coverage. You still hit what you want to hard, while also dealing more damage with you're other moves thanks to life orb. However, what if we were to change the 2hko's you get from life orb dazzling gleam, into ohko's with Twinkle Tackle?

200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

200 SpA Gastly Twinkle Tackle vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 24-30 (114.2 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

---

200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 13-18 (54.1 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

200 SpA Gastly Twinkle Tackle vs. 0 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Timburr: 22-26 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

---

200 SpA Life Orb Gastly Dazzling Gleam vs. 116 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 13-18 (52 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

200 SpA Gastly Twinkle Tackle vs. 116 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 22-26 (88 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

---

As you can see from the calcs, fairium Z potentially can turn 2hko's into ohko's against the key threats dazzling gleam is used for. Do note that against vullaby you need stealth rock to be effective with this set, and against timburr it is a coin toss unless you run one layer of spikes OR just get 2 hp of that timburr to make it guaranteed.

This turns gastly into a lure of sorts, capable of ohko'ing the three S rank pokemon in the viability rankings, all three of which are normally checks to this pokemon (moreso vullaby and timburr than mienfoo). On paper this idea seems great to me, capable of supporting offensive cores with the removal of key threats to them. As the week progresses I will post replays and more info about this concept, and perhaps move on to other ideas later.

---
Okay so after going 28-4 and then going on tilt, I have played enough with Fairium Gastly to say that I am surprised. Initially i thought that Fairium Gastly would be one of those ideas that look good on paper, bad in practice; however, that is not the case. Gastly proved to be an mvp of my team, able to ohko the threats i aimed at knocking out. This proved to do what I predicted, open holes in the opposing team for my sweeper to clean up the game.

However, I did notice the power drop slightly for my STAB attacks, and it was truly a small nuisance at times. There were also scenarios where I never had the opportunity to be in a 1v1 with one of the target threats. The set did prove useful for certain teams, meriting a niche over life orb sub gastly.

Tldr; twinkle tackle gastly is good for offensive cores that want something to lure and ko fighting types+vullaby, but in other teams life orb would be better.
Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-519031586\

• This replay basically shows gastly in action, oho'ing mienfoo with zdazz. The tide of the match drastically shifted in my favor after the ko.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-519038162
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-519038162
  • Another mienfoo ko, less memorable but still noteworthy

Last edited:

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
This week's winner is All-Star Lineup winning a close battle to bag the #1 spot with a rating of 1507 after showcasing Z-poisonum Bellsprout! Be sure to congratulate him!

Honorable mention to Ztstaffo for coming in second at 1505.
1. All-Star Lineup (1507)
2. Ztstaffo (1505)

Week 4 with some new additions, coming up!

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
To spice things up Research Week will now feature a cumulative leaderboard to maintain long term interest. The point system is as follows:
  • Winner: 5 points
  • 2nd Place: 3 points
  • 3rd Place: 2 Points
  • Participation only: 1 Point
  • Special bonus point for "Best post of the week"
To claim your participation point, you must post your thoughts on the RW pokemon and post a screenshot with your ladder rank, whatever it may be.
The "Best post of the week" will be subjectively chosen by me. I will be looking mainly at what new insight you bring to the table. Whether it be new sets, analysis on its viability in the metagame, or anything else you can think of, I don't want you to just be stating the obvious if you want to win this award.
The reason for this change is that many people get discouraged by seeing a high #1 rank and then don't bother to even ladder or research the pokemon. The goal of this leaderboard is to give people motivation to ladder and spread new information, even if they don't get the #1 spot. For the previous weeks, I will not be awarding any special bonus points and am going to just add up the existing points based on rank.

Leaderboard
  • 1.Fille (10 points)
  • 2. All-Star Lineup (8 Points)
  • 3. Laroxyl (3 Points)
  • 4.Ztstaffto (3 Points)
  • 5.Inscribe (2 Points)
  • 6. Plasmagby (2 Points)
  • 7. Svertigo (1 Point)
  • 8. Cashed (1 Point)
  • 9. Adam the first (1 Point)
Week 4

Wynaut

Sandshrew

Wingull

Aipom

Week ends on 29th January, 11:59 PM EST

Rambon
RW Sand?

Got to ~1200 and the ladder reset (From pokebank LC to gen7LC) so I left it at that. (Also forgot to save replays, oops)

Worse A-Sand (Sandshrew) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

I attempted to use regular sandshrew as a weather sweeper, akin to Bellsprout and A-Sandshrew. This didn't really work out. Firstly, Ground is not a good defensive typing. Being immune to electric is nice, but the electric mons of the tier can 2HKO or OHKO you (Mag and Chou), so switching into them is hard. After that, are Poison , some of which beat you or give you a hard time switching in (Ghastly, Foongus, Mareanie) and Rock, which you should beat unless they have some typing that makes it difficult for you (Carrcaosta, Omanyte). Since you are not carrying evio, neutral attacks are gonna hit hard, making it hard to deal with fighting types that are common. Because of these reasons, setting up with Sword Dance becomes incredibly difficult, as there are only a few ammount of pokemon on which you can do so. Most of the time, your best bet is to sack Hippopotas to get sand up in addition to a frash sandshrew sweep. As far as move coverage goes, it's not that bad. Earthquake hits a lot of things, and Rock Slide hits the things that EQ doesn't. Knock is there for support and mons like Pumpkaboo which can take EQ and rock Slide. In the end I don't think I swept once with Sandshrew. Most of the time I just ended up using it to weaken things so scarfed Pawn would win. This is probably better as spin/rocks support.

The team
Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 212 Def / 180 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Mareanie @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Hippo is there for sand + Rocks. Pawn is scarfed because you need something that's reliably fast, +Pursuit support to deal witht Special Attackers. Chou is there to deal with other Chou + Mag. Vull is there for fighting types and defog. Mareanie is there to also help with fighting types. Even so this team is kinda weak to Timburr. I would go into more detail, but I just want to get this team over with.

Wish I could play more but school xs

Last edited:
Im a little late doing my write-up for the Z move week but here goes.

Z Rain Dance Dewpider

Z Rain Dance Dewpider was a decent mon. It hits 19 speed at +1 and it's STAB surfs were terrifying. I went for the special set because ice beam and hp fire provided great coverage. Dewpider can take a hit and is a decent switchin to fighting mons. It appreciates sticky web support and has surpsingly good offensive synergy with spinarak and they both give you fighting resists and dewpider lacks the fire weakness that spinarak has. Spinarak has bug/poison/dark coverage which conplements the fire/ice/water coverage provided by dewpider well. Dewpider is very hard to set up however, and relies on memento from cottonee, but it can be done. It is outclassed by any shell smasher in the tier however in every regard but one. As opposed to being weak to the common fighting types, and usually abra, dewpider resists the fighta, and abra's STAB psychic. I feel like dewpider would have great potential with Aurora Veil Vulpix as well as web support, but what mon wouldn't. Ill put some calcs for how hard Dewpider hits in rain when I get to my computer.

Edit 1 : Ferroseed shuts dewpider down. Make sure you have fire coverage. Ferro loves the rain as well since it weakens HP fire so dont set it rain up if a ferro is still alive unless you have a fighting mon that can setup on it. Also z-surf is pretty powerful if you just need to wallbreak as well.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-518375637
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-518345231

Couple of replays here. Didnt play enough to get better ones.

Z Flare Blitz Magby...
Sucks and is outclassed by Ponyta and LO Magby. Only took a few matches to find out. Its a nice surprise factor but the recoil is brutal and magby is frail.

Z Memento Cottonee
Z Memento cottonee is great if you run sturdy juice shell smashers like tuga or dweb but I think is outclassed by evio Cottonee otherwise. Cottonee misses the bulk really bad and the healing isnt often needed. But for sturdy juicers its great if you lose your spinner and hazards are still up. Not much else to say here.

Hello everyone.
This week I decided to ladder as RW yppiks123 (I technically laddered with it last week but i dropped my ELO [you will see that in my w/l area]). The pokemon that I decided to test was aipom.

First things first, here's the team: http://pastebin.com/1iQzv76e

Lets cut to the chase, Aipom, all around, isn't that shitty of a mon. It hits the 19 speed tier, meaning it is one of the fastest mons in the LC world (bar other 19 speed mons and 20 tier mons). Aipom has a pretty decent movepool and good flinching priority with fake out.

I don't really consider Aipom being a huge attacker that can straight up just beat teams if it comes in like timburr. The way that I personally used it was as a chipper set. A fast, decently hard hitting mon that chipped down other mons and allowed things like scarf snivy or speed boost carvanha or drilbur to win in the end. I personally ran this set:

Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Fury Swipes
- Ice Punch

The 3 staples of aipom are Fake out, brick break, and fury swipes. (Could also replace something with knock off, maybe fake out for knock off) Those are 3 moves that I at least believe are somewhat mandatory on Aipom. The last one, I personally used Ice Punch. After talking with Serene, fire punch is also good in order to hit ferro, but I liked ice punch to hit ground types and flying types super effectively. Ice punch also has the chance to freeze which is cool too :)

The team itself is just a sand team. Like mentioned I used aipom to whittle everything down for drilbur/carv/snivy to win.

Strengths: Fury swipes fucks over sash mons that aipom usually outspeeds such as surskit. It speed ties with abra, so if you risk the tie and fury swipe you kill it. Fake out is obviously a good move, flinch priority could help, especially to take sash mons off of sash and then killing with something like brick break.

Weaknesses: Any scarf mon pretty much hurts aipom. He is quite frail and if he gets outsped and killed, it kinda sucks. Bulky fighting types like timburr also hurt. Not much can really be done to timburr except for switching, whittling it with something else, and eventually killing it.

Here is my success with the team:
Screenshot 2017-01-25 at 1.13.44 PM.png

All of the fat L's that I have are from me going back down to 0.

Here's the team in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-523512552

Though it wasn't the most standard team (it had a snover) I still think this game showed the power of aipom. It truly put in a lot of work and was able to get drilbur to win in the end.

Last edited:
Sup lads
first time doing this so just bear with me here.
Call me a dreamer because I had high hopes for wynaut, unfortunately this thing turned into more of a nightmare.
Everyone knows the standard berry juice set so i set out to try something slightly different.
Wynaut @ Psychium Z
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle

This set was meant to take on the role of a pseudo gothita trapping foongus and timburr hence the speed investment and yeah I know it ties with 12spe timburr which have become slighty more common than some may realize, nonetheless trust me when I say the power loss of going timid is simply not an option. Wynaut hits like how Hashim Amla throws, Not very hard at all.
This set minimizes prediction when it comes to bulk up or 4 attack timburr. It also allows you to switch hard into timburr and even if the opponent clicks knock off wynaut tanks and is able to outspeed and Shattered Psyche. The issue with this is wynaut is actually unable to ko so getting rid of the timburrs Eviolite is required. However if drain punch is clicked wynaut outspeeds and clicks encore into counter until the timburr is in range of Shattered Psyche.
Wynaut also needs more than just knock off support to trap and ko foongus.
In a match-up without either of these mons to trap, Wynaut cannot be switched in on much without being 2hko due to the lack of bulk and berry juice it tends to be a liability.It can however trap something and Counter/Coat it if played correctly like catching something on a double or sending it out when you get a free drop in, although this tends to be a 1 for 1 at best which I guess is generally what wynaut does in an attempt to skew matchup in your favor.
The smallest of niches could be found in a team desperate for timburr removal like the one I opted to use which was originally built by fiend hound and was rendered useless with the goth ban. I thought it a waste to lose such a well built team and attempted to breathe some sort of life into it however laddering was generally a challenge with Wynaut being dead weight in many a game not to mention my internet forcing me into countless forfeits leaving me wanting to smash my laptop screen but thankfully I did not because PronHub would just not be the same through a cracked lense.

wynaut use me.png

Last edited:

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Ok so with the ladder reset, it's kinda hard to actually beat the 1427 of Yppikks so I call unfair laddering timing, but I'LL DO IT DWDW

This was after reset, as I didn't ladder that much before reset and only got 1200-1300.

Finally, COME AT ME yppiks123

So I had Sandshrew with the alt RW Hero

I've used two sets, also have a third team with a 3rd set that I literally never used.
PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (M) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

This one is grass/Fighting bait, somehow fucking works but really more of a troll surprise set, I like it though. Forgot replays, but have a ton of matches where this shit was godlike. 116 speed outspeeds pump and 2hkos with KO on switch in + Supersonic Airstrike (You are free to spin whenever you want after that), but running 196 HP means you live 1 knock off and 2 Drain Punches from Mienfoo, meaning you can switch in on it, Knock Off, then kill with Z AA. I chose to kill Pump more reliably tho, as that was it's main purpose: Kill blocker, spin. Killing the blocker also set me up for a nice Timburr sweep (As I ran Pjab>KO).

PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Standard bulky af (Almost standard at least, had a little less phys. bulk because I also carried a Vullaby on this team. Most reliable for spinning, but didn't do anything else outside of that in like any games at all. In it's defense though, I did not build the most reliable team around it lol.

PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Bulldoze

Only used this in like 2 games, somewhat outclassed by drilbur. Bulldoze was a nice niche though, last turn sand I'd just bulldoze so something could revenge if fast threat that i couldn't OHKO.

To be honest, I have literally no idea what to write here. The only set that actually worked out well for me was the troll set, and somehow that worked really well. With the defensive set, Sandshrew just came in on something, spun and died. The Sand Rush set I have little experience with, as I didn't really use it alot, but seems somewhat outclassed by Drilbur so wouldn't suggest running it either. Might be a bulkier Sandshrew with Eviolite could work for sand though, I do not know. Sandshrew for me more often than not ended up being dead weight or killed a mon which could've been killed with something else, like a flying type or so. The niche of removing Mienfoo early game though instead of late was rather sweet I must admit, same with Foongus and Pumpkaboo. Either way, Sandshrew worked as a spinner, or SR setter, but usually never got to do both. It worked well as a lure, but wouldn't get to spin then either more often than not. Sandshrew could do quite a few different things for me all in all, but not two things in the same game, like other solid rapid spinners such as Drilbur and Staryu can (Heck even Anorith has done better). It lacks the speed, strength and recovery to pose a threat to most things. Gimmicky lure overall seemed like the better set for me, but Evio was more reliable to spin.

Not even gonna do a Pros/Cons, as my only good experience with it was the lure set, which is not reliable for a good analysis of the poke imo.

I've noticed a small trend in my teams to run Munch/Vull/Foo, but it is just such a great core. Also fell in love with ScarfMag a little while ago, just the safety of it.
PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (M) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Redneck (Timburr) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up

SubwayDiet (Munchlax) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sumo (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Rebel (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Alarm Clock (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Team #1 was the most succesful one, rather solid. Main idea was to remove grass types for Timburr, and otherwise just knock shit off for a clean sweep with Timburr or Foo. Originally had Onix > Magnemite, but team was too slow, so added ScarfMag as it added some speed, while still checking Birds.

PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Bulldoze

Medusa (Mareanie) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 20 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Sludge Wave
- Recover

Flood Horse (Hippopotas) (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

SubwayDiet (Munchlax) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Based on a Hail team I made with OneWord, main idea is to spread Poison and chip things down, then sweep alot of <60% pokemons with Sandshrew.

PrayToCheesus (Sandshrew) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

ManBunLett (Diglett-Alola) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tangling Hair
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Great Ball (Voltorb) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 Atk / 240 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Alarm Clock (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Volt Switch spam, many fast af pokemons and then Vullaby+Sandshrew for some bulk. Actually somehow worked out fairly well, nice hype team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)