LC Combos Thread

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I don't see how this is a win for 252 Adamant, you are 2HKOing no matter what.
Yeah, but with no Attack investment Life Orb Gastly can hit you on the switch-in, hit you again and still survive your Pursuit (which sucks a lot if Sludge Bomb poisons you). You also don't 2HKO if it has Oran.

Why are you fighting Dratini with Munchlax?
Because Dratini can't set up on much else? It's surprisingly frequent, especially in late-game situations.

See above, and before you say that Koffing can't beat Munchlax, Koffing has WoW, Pain Split/Explosion, and a 90 bp stab move off of a decent special attack.
True. But Munchlax vs. Munchlax is always useful, for endgame scenarios etc.

Staryu runs life orb 70% of the time so it should always KO after an attack and SR and if Staryu is not running LO then Hydro Pump won't be hurting too bad.
Fair enough.

See Dratini
They keep coming in on me, it's weird.

This is really not a win for 252 adamant at all Koffing an Munchlax is a type of combo that should always be run with entry hazards.
Obviously, but Stealth Rock is really easy to stop in LC, especially as the lead metagame is so offensive (and the most reliable lead, Bronzor, is redundant with MunchFing).

Body Slam is very up for debate but I find the 30% paralysis rate truly awesome in such as speed centered metagame as lc.

Yeah, the 30% para rate is good, but compare it to the KOs you lose and it really isn't worth it.

edit: I'll give defensive calc for the 2 spreads later

Yeah, but with no Attack investment Life Orb Gastly can hit you on the switch-in, hit you again and still survive your Pursuit (which sucks a lot if Sludge Bomb poisons you). You also don't 2HKO if it has Oran.

Alright I'll give a scenario for a Gastly vs. Max attack adamant munchalx: (this is with 0 HP gastly btw, that is what Life Orb sets run most of the time) Gastly switches in and takes 2 HP damage from SR. Munchlax switches in and takes a Sludge Bomb Gastly loses 1 HP and is now at 16. Munchlax has to roll max damage with pursuit to be able to KO Gastly. If not, both spreads are being hit the same amount of times. Also, I have never heard of or seen a Gastly used Oran the entirety of the time I've played LC.

Because Dratini can't set up on much else? It's surprisingly frequent, especially in late-game situations.

What I was saying here was "why aren't you switching to your physical attack absorber to take physical attacks"

True. But Munchlax vs. Munchlax is always useful, for endgame scenarios etc.

Yeah, you're probably right here, although Munchlax is much more of an early/mid game Pokemon.

They keep coming in on me, it's weird.

Fighting something does not mean "hitting it as it comes in" if you want to take a threat on, you should switch to a counter/check and handle it from there. While I admit 236 adamant is better in this case to eliminate 20-40% damage to Koffing, I just wanted to clear this up as there appeared to be a misunderstanding.

Obviously, but Stealth Rock is really easy to stop in LC, especially as the lead metagame is so offensive (and the most reliable lead, Bronzor, is redundant with MunchFing).

At least in my opinion, Stealth Rock is very easy to set up in LC thanks to less Taunt and Rapid Spin than the standard metagame (also btw, i think that Kofflax is a better name).

I decided to leave out calcs because it's very much up to personal preference and this thread should be more about combos than what spread is better on Munchlax.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rocks are generally fairly simple to stop in lc, but no one really chooses to because a turn spent taunting is a turn that could be better spent breaking sashes or getting your own hazards up. Also, due to the large number of teams that entirely forgo hazards (mine for example), or run a Gligar/Bronzor outside the lead spot to stealth rock, taunt leads have less effectiveness than in higher tiers.

Plus, if you really want to prevent rocks from going up, you'll eventually be in a tough situation, as Diglett (common rocks lead) requires a Speed tie at best if you're using a Voltorb (and then you're open to being ohkoed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)