Pokémon Komala

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just because Komala wont be OU doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

Komala @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Sleep Talk Gimmicks!! Thanks to the interaction with Sleep Talk and Comatose, Komala can switch up its moves while benefitting from Choice Band. Any thoughts? Bear in mind I build this whike expecting Komala to be NU / PU.

How does Sleep Talk work with Comatose?
If I understand right, Comatose means that moves dependent on sleep like Sleep Talk (and Snore, Dream Eater, Nightmare) will always work.

Komala @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Sleep Talk Gimmicks!! Thanks to the interaction with Sleep Talk and Comatose, Komala can switch up its moves while benefitting from Choice Band. Any thoughts? Bear in mind I build this whike expecting Komala to be NU / PU.
The main issue I see with this moveset is that all the moves have a type immune to them, which poses a problem since Sleep Talk randomizes your moves. I'd also say HP investment is generally more beneficial than Speed for Komala.

Komala @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

This could be pretty fun if run with choice scarf too. Since his atk is already pretty decent it might even outspeed and kill some squishies. Like you said though, definitely not a high tier strat.

Ok, the Choice Band w/ Sleep Talk is brilliant. I don't use Choice Band personally, because I feel like it makes the holding Pokemon less fun to use, gives you less options, I've seen it cause a loss many times, and there are other good items worth having to fill your team. But with Komala? I love it, absolutely going to run this. It even fits the backstory of the pokemon. Only change I'll make is 128 HP/Def to level out its defenses, since it's speed isn't doing it any favors anyway. If that doesn't work I'll switch to 252 Spe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)