Justification

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
turn order is decided before MEvo. This means that it keeps Gale Wings on the first turn of Mega Evolution.
Yep. Gale Wings as Pidgeot would make it move first, and while Megavolving, that Hurricane would then become unavoidable thanks to No Guard. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Esprite.

Personally, I don't see how this is a broken combination, as Pidgeot don't have impressive base stats, and M-Pidgeot would only be able to abuse this trick once. If anything, Extreme Speed would make a good addition to Pidgeot's movepool given its flavor text and STAB typing, but I suppose we should wait until M-Pidgeot's stats are revealed before given it the best priority it could get.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Ideas:
MegaAlakazam has its Defense raised from 65 to 75.
Spheal line now learns Slack Off through breeding with Slowpoke, Slowbro, or Slowking.
Walrein has its Hidden Ability changed from Oblivious to Strong Jaw.
Groudon now learns Heat Crash.
Vanillite now learns Milk Drink.
Swirlix now learns Milk Drink.

Yep. Gale Wings as Pidgeot would make it move first, and while Megavolving, that Hurricane would then become unavoidable thanks to No Guard. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Esprite.

Personally, I don't see how this is a broken combination, as Pidgeot don't have impressive base stats, and M-Pidgeot would only be able to abuse this trick once. If anything, Extreme Speed would make a good addition to Pidgeot's movepool given its flavor text and STAB typing, but I suppose we should wait until M-Pidgeot's stats are revealed before given it the best priority it could get.
Ok, now I see the mega. Sorry, I didnt see it before. #finallybeedrill.

Hi! May I suggest changes should only affect abilities and movepool? I think those could be considered the most superficial part of a pokemon profile and the less the game freak stuff is changed the better...just my opinion...also, I think it shouldn´t be added new moves or abilities...again, it feels like changing the essence of the game.
well...I agree to the most it is suggested in the first page except for this:

-Megahorn Beedril...it doesn't have horns...
-Moonblast/Play Rough Rapidash...Rapidash shouldn't be considered a fairy, faeries should be "cute" looking and bear in mind that Rapidash resembles the Nightmare horse
-Icicle Spear Heracross...As an scarab...Heracross movepool should be restricted to those types related to the forest: grass, bug (but not poison), ground and rock...
-Rapid spin miltank...she looks too fatty to perform it
-Sucker Punch/Knock off Tyranitar...these moves seems to requiere certain dexterity and technique to be performed (weavile, persian, bisharp) while Ttar is rather the sheer power type
-Extreme Speed Garchomp...Nice but just way too op!
-All Rotom Apliances extra elemental moves...Rotom is nice already (annoying actually). Besides wash machines doesn't surf...
-Secret Sword Aegilash...Aegilash needs to be nerfed, not the opposite.
-Ice Punch Kingler...It doesn't have hands...we already have enough inconsistent stuff from game freak, Better not to add more.
-Water Shuriken Ninjask/Sceptile...Ninjask doesn't have hands so it can't handle stuff; Sceptile is not a ninja.

Hi! May I suggest changes should only affect abilities and movepool? I think those could be considered the most superficial part of a pokemon profile and the less the game freak stuff is changed the better...just my opinion...also, I think it shouldn´t be added new moves or abilities...again, it feels like changing the essence of the game.

-Moonblast/Play Rough Rapidash...Rapidash shouldn't be considered a fairy, faeries should be "cute" looking and bear in mind that Rapidash resembles the Nightmare horse
-Icicle Spear Heracross...As an scarab...Heracross movepool should be restricted to those types related to the forest: grass, bug (but not poison), ground and rock...
-Sucker Punch/Knock off Tyranitar...these moves seems to requiere certain dexterity and technique to be performed (weavile, persian, bisharp) while Ttar is rather the sheer power type
-All Rotom Apliances extra elemental moves...Rotom is nice already (annoying actually). Besides wash machines doesn't surf...
-Ice Punch Kingler...It doesn't have hands...we already have enough inconsistent stuff from game freak, Better not to add more.
-Water Shuriken Ninjask/Sceptile...Ninjask doesn't have hands so it can't handle stuff; Sceptile is not a ninja.
Here's the thing.
-Weedle has a horn.
The other complaints make a bit of sense.

Here's the thing.
-Weedle has a horn.
The other complaints make a bit of sense.
Although actual Speed and Battle Speed can be different (This was discussed before in another thread)
Actually, we can prove that they aren't the same. If they were the same, then Pidgeot wouldn't be slower than Talonflame, assuming the dex descriptions report both of their "actual speeds" accurately.
I suggest not going to far as reaching to the point where you sound "academic". What is rational about pokemon should be rather determined by common sense (after all, pokemon is firstly aimed to make sense to kids). I think pidgeot's speed should stay as it is but since the pokedex describes him as an inherent fast pokemon, then Extreme Speed fits him perfectly and furthermore he actuall needs it...

I mean I really can't see it getting mega horn, mainly because it's main thing that it uses are it's jabbers (Poison JAB).

Fairies don't have to be "cute" looking (see: Xerneas, Mawile). It's a unicorn (not a pegasus like the OP says; there's only one Pegasus anyway), which is as much of a cute mythical creature as a typical fairy.

Hmmm...Ice tpe is weaker than Yamcha...What about it gaining resistance to water (after all, ice-water is the same subtance in different forms) and losing weakness to Steel (Steel gained relevance for hitting faeries and several other things already hits Ice hard). Ice would still be as fragile as Psychic, anyway, but would become playable.

Fairies don't have to be "cute" looking (see: Xerneas, Mawile). It's a unicorn (not a pegasus like the OP says; there's only one Pegasus anyway), which is as much of a cute mythical creature as a typical fairy.
Still, Unicorns aren't covered in Fire...the thing is that it is a mix of both...
By the way, both Mawile and Xerneas are "cute looking", specially Mawile since she lures her victims using her girly looks and reveals her horrible fangs at the last moment...

I dislike Stealth Rock mechanic...it makes nearly unplayable almost everything with double weakness to Rock. What about making it check for only one weakness to Rock (and to be consistent, only one resistance to Rock). Fire-Flying, Bug-Flying and Articuno would stop such a cheap amount of damage on switching...

Possible abilities for Pyroar:

-Intimidate
-Flash Fire
-Competitive

Possible moves:

-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot (it learns Dark Pulse, so I guess he has bad, nasty thoughts)

Last edited by a moderator:

canno

formerly The Reptile

Beedrill getting Megahorn makes as much sense as Escavilier having it - which it does. Then there's Weedle having a horn. I don't see how it doesn't make sense, and it needs Megahorn to actually be the threat we though it was before the ladder came up (its underwhelming).

Rapidash makes sense as a fairy because its a unicorn, which fits pretty well with the whole fairy thing. And if you want to argue cute (a subjective matter and not a defining feature of fairy - Xerneaus is majestic if anything) then what a cuter than unicorns?

Miltank can Rollout (and is famous for it because of Whitney), which is rapid spinning. I don't see why it can't rapid spin just because its fat.

Everything else I don't have any personal qualms with. Also on phone making this awkward.

Beedrill getting Megahorn makes as much sense as Escavilier having it - which it does. Then there's Weedle having a horn. I don't see how it doesn't make sense, and it needs Megahorn to actually be the threat we though it was before the ladder came up (its underwhelming).

Rapidash makes sense as a fairy because its a unicorn, which fits pretty well with the whole fairy thing. And if you want to argue cute (a subjective matter and not a defining feature of fairy - Xerneaus is majestic if anything) then what a cuter than unicorns?

Miltank can Rollout (and is famous for it because of Whitney), which is rapid spinning. I don't see why it can't rapid spin just because its fat.

Everything else I don't have any personal qualms with. Also on phone making this awkward.
about the cute thing, is part of the concept game freak used to define the fairy egg group several years ago...seriously, even pikachu was included in that group obviously for sharing that feature with the rest...sorry but Rapidash definiely looks more like the nighmare to me as his most prominent feature is all that fire covering its body...and about the spinning Miltank...if we follow your logic even Wailord could rapid spin. Miltank can rollout beacuse her big fat body, just as Snorlax and Emboar does. The patterns that characterize rapid spinners are different: either they have a rounded lower surface they can spin onto (foretress and squirtle have shells) or they can become a near perfect ball (sandshrew and phanphy). Pls, don't be mad just because I don't agree on spamming good stuff everywhere...personally I don't think Gallade or Goodra look like faeries at all, and although chansey does fit perfectly in the faery concept giving her the fairy type should be discarded due to balance implications...I think game freak got it right there...

canno

formerly The Reptile
about the cute thing, is part of the concept game freak used to define the fairy egg group several years ago...seriously, even pikachu was included in that group obviously for sharing that feature with the rest...sorry but Rapidash definiely looks more like the nighmare to me as his most prominent feature is all that fire covering its body...and about the spinning Miltank...if we follow your logic even Wailord could rapid spin. Miltank can rollout beacuse her big fat body, just as Snorlax and Emboar does. The patterns that characterize rapid spinners are different: either they have a rounded lower surface they can spin onto (foretress and squirtle have shells) or they can become a near perfect ball (sandshrew and phanphy). Pls, don't be mad just because I don't agree on spamming good stuff everywhere...personally I don't think Gallade or Goodra look like faeries at all, and although chansey does fit perfectly in the faery concept giving her the fairy type should be discarded due to balance implications...I think game freak got it right there...
The fairy group =\= the fairy type. Also, like I said, cuteness is subjective. Just because you think Rapidash, who might I add has reasons outside of the "cute" category to be fairy, isn't cute doesn't mean someone else doesn't. If we went with cute = fairy then I guess Ponyta should be fairy - ponies are adorable.
The difference between Miltank and something like Sailor is that Miltank is not only fast despite it weight, but it also known for rollout. I will admit this point is shaky at best though.
Also disagreeing with your opinion =\= mad, and its not just "spamming good stuff" just because you don't like it.
I don't see the point of bringing up Goodra or Gallade - the only reasoning behind them is that we made them fairy (personally I don't agree as well but its now what where discussing)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since they buffed Beedrill's Mega to somewhat ludicrous proportions (offensively that is), I might step back from its Megahorn support, as giving it that nuke of a move ould be too much, although a buff to Twineedle wouldn't be out of the question (like 45-50 bp).

Miltank is a good recipient for Rapid Spin, as it has easily been shown spinning, and there are other species just like it that knows said move (Donphan, Spinda, Delibird). Defog is already a thing, so providing unblockable spin support would be her new niche.

Here's an idea I've been mulling over for some time: What if Aqua Ring worked just as Recover? This would provide invaluable support for several water species that already serves bulky roles but lacks the immediate recovery to truly shine, like Seismitoad, Mantine, and Lanturn. But it might also spell trouble, seeing as stuff like Mega Blastoise, Suicune, Azumarill, and Manaphy would also get it, where the former two could merely improve while the latter might get too buffed from it. Thoughts?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aqua Ring acting as Recover would be amazing. Lanturn, Mantine, Tentacruel, and Empoleon would be able to stick around for a much longer amount of time, and their viability would shoot up quite nicely. Please make this a thing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I don't think Megagorn is too much on it. From my experiences in ORAS OU it doesn't quite have the nuking power it needs due to low BP moves and needing Protect which limits its coverage. Megahorn lets it actually hit like a nuke. It also adds redundant coverage with u-turn, a move it definitely needs to run. Giving up Poison Jab or a coverage move (Protect and U-Turm are maditory imo) makes it balanced imo

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
What's the flavor of Aqua Ring being similar to Recover? It should be more similar to Wish if anything. I agree with Charge though.

Since they buffed Beedrill's Mega to somewhat ludicrous proportions (offensively that is), I might step back from its Megahorn support, as giving it that nuke of a move ould be too much, although a buff to Twineedle wouldn't be out of the question (like 45-50 bp).

Miltank is a good recipient for Rapid Spin, as it has easily been shown spinning, and there are other species just like it that knows said move (Donphan, Spinda, Delibird). Defog is already a thing, so providing unblockable spin support would be her new niche.

Here's an idea I've been mulling over for some time: What if Aqua Ring worked just as Recover? This would provide invaluable support for several water species that already serves bulky roles but lacks the immediate recovery to truly shine, like Seismitoad, Mantine, and Lanturn. But it might also spell trouble, seeing as stuff like Mega Blastoise, Suicune, Azumarill, and Manaphy would also get it, where the former two could merely improve while the latter might get too buffed from it. Thoughts?
...hmmm...another recovery move...ok, but loosing the mechanic of aqua ring (same as leftovers without the suction cups side effect of ingrain) would be a pity ...why don't just making up a new move?...

By the way, Fell Stinger has a nice mechanic but low damage input...what about raising it?

Also, If Drill Peck had high critical-hit posibility, then Fearow's Sniper would be more relevant...

Then Dodrio's heads represent different emotions...Thus in some way we could say he is "moody"...imagine him getting both the boost from Acupressure and Moody in the same turn. That would be epic...

Then again, Mightyena should have Strong Jaw...

Last edited:
General ideas:

Gallade learns Focus Energy by level-up and Sacred Sword by Move Relearner.

Gallade's abilities changed: Steadfast -> Synchronize (from Synchronize Kirlia), gains Trace (from Trace Kirlia), Justified -> either Telepathy (able to read the minds of its allies to coordinate attacks, plus Gardevoir has this) or Forewarn (able to read the minds of its foes to plan its attack, as suggested by its dex entries)

Mega Gallade: Fairy/Fighting with Pixilate? Pixilate Slash new meta IMO. In terms of actual reasoning, Gallade is a Knight to defend the princess, just like in fairy tales. Plus physical fairies are fun and Fairy/Fighting is nothing if not a unique typing.

Ralts line gets Frost Breath by TM (they learn Icy Wind so it makes sense to me, and in fact it doesn't make sense that they don't learn Frost Breath while still learning Icy Wind). In fact, you can probably freely give Frost Breath to any Pokémon that learns — or can be taught — Icy Wind while not having any logical way to perform the move other than breathing icy elemental breath.

Draining Kiss buffed from 50 base power to either 60 or 65 base power. (65 is a better choice in my opinion.)
Reasoning:
If Draining Kiss is 60 BP:
45 BP heal
105 total power (attack + heal)

If Draining Kiss is 65 BP:
48.75 BP heal
113.75 total power (attack + heal)

Giga Drain:
75 BP attack
37.5 BP heal
112.5 total power (attack + heal)

Meloetta retains her current Forme when switched out, as well as between battles. This allows her to be selected as Pirouette Forme in the teambuilder, and if she is switched out in Pirouette Forme, she'll remain in Pirouette Forme when switched back in. There's just one catch: In order to access the Pirouette Forme, Meloetta must still know Relic Song.

Meloetta is female, instead of genderless.

Meloetta learns Disarming Voice, Dizzy Punch, Double Kick, Sky Uppercut, Feint, Chip Away and Swords Dance by level-up. She also gains Snarl, Roar, Bulldoze, and Earthquake via TM.
Reasoning behind Disarming Voice: It's a voice move described as being a "sweet-sounding cry". Seems like a good fit in my opinion.
Reasoning behind Dizzy Punch: A punching move that suggests a precise, dance-like fighting style. A good fit for the Pirouette Forme.
Reasoning behind Double Kick: So she naturally gets a fighting move other than Close Combat. Also, Double Kick suggests an agile fighting style.
Reasoning behind Sky Uppercut: It's not Close Combat. Also, Sky Uppercut suggests an agile fighting style.
Reasoning behind Feint: A move that suggests an agile and flowing-yet-precise fighting style.
Reasoning behind Chip Away: Multiple rapid, weak hits add to a lot of damage. Suggests a fast, precise, and graceful fighting style.
Reasoning behind Swords Dance: It's a dancing move and boosts Pirouette Forme's primary offensive stat! Why doesn't she get this by TM already?
Reasoning behind Snarl: It's a voice-based move, and while it may fall outside of Meloetta's natural tendencies, that's why it's a TM. Maybe she performs screamo to use this move? Or maybe it makes her a rapper? :P
Reasoning behind Roar: A voice-based move that is thematically fitting given what else I'm using to represent Meloetta, especially the Pirouette Forme. (And Aria Forme Meloetta can Roar with impunity, not having to worry about Magic Bouncers on the opposing team.)
Reasoning behind Bulldoze and Earthquake: This one might be a bit of a stretch, but it's sort of a mental image I found rather cool. Basically, Meloetta in her Pirouette Forme would be tap-dancing with precision and grace (like Riverdance if you've ever seen that)... but every tap of her foot against the floor causes a massive tremor to ripple through the ground. Fear the power of dance!

While you're at it, may as well consider other dancing moves than just Swords Dance. In particular, I was thinking Dragon Dance, Petal Dance, and possibly Fiery Dance, Lunar Dance and maybe even Quiver Dance. Lunar Dance and Quiver Dance seem like they're pushing it though.
Reasoning behind Dragon Dance: It's a dance move that boosts the Pirouette Forme's primary offensive stats. It's also learned by Pokémon that aren't Dragon-type anyway, so it stands to reason that Meloetta could learn it. Given that Meloetta's theme is song and dance, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her not to learn this move.
Reasoning behind Petal Dance and Fiery Dance: More of that whole "fear the power of dance" theme I've been going for with Pirouette Forme. Meloetta's dances can shake the earth, coat the world in flames, and summon the forests themselves against her foes!
Reasoning behind Quiver Dance: Another dancing move. It's described as being "lightly performed" along with "beautiful" and "mystic". Plus, Lilligant gets this move, so there's precedence for non-Bug-types learning it. At the same time, though, it's probably the single best way to break Aria Forme Meloetta and shoot her straight up into Ubers tier. Give her Boomburst as well for maximum Uber power.
Reasoning behind Lunar Dance: Nothing really. Probably the most out-of-line for her to have, given that it is a signature move.

Also, if we're removing Serene Grace from Meloetta, then Relic Song's secondary effect rate should be raised to 20%.

Pirouette Forme should possibly have an ability other than Soundproof. What that should be I don't know, but Intimidate, Iron Fist, Limber, Quick Feet, Scrappy, and Super Luck all seem like decent choices. I'm personally leaning towards Intimidate, Iron Fist, Quick Feet, or Limber. Intimidate in particular would give Meloetta a unique trick, as Aria Forme Meloetta would be able to trigger Intimidate any time she wanted by switching to Pirouette Forme. She could then U-turn out and come back in later directly in Pirouette Forme to Intimidate a foe again. (Also Intimidate goes with the whole "fear the power of dance" style I've been going for with Meloetta for her other Pirouette Forme moves.) Limber would represent her natural agility and boundless, hyperactive energy in Pirouette Forme, as she is constantly dancing. Quick Feet is along the same lines as Limber. Iron Fist is just for raw smiting power in a small, cute package.

Sky Uppercut is Super Effective on Flying-types. (Reasoning: Right now this move is useless. Also, given that its specific purpose is already to hit Flying-types despite them being in the air, this seems like a logical step up after Freeze-Dry was introduced.)

Double Kick has 40 base power. (Reasoning: Make it do actual damage.)

Zen Headbutt has 100% Accuracy and a 30% flinch chance, keeping in line with Iron Head. Headbutt has 80 base power, keeping in line with Iron Head.

Dizzy Punch has 75 base power, keeping in line with the Elemental Punches.

Disarming Voice has 60 base power, keeping in line with Swift and variations thereof.

Moonblast has 90 base power, keeping in line with Thunderbolt and company.

Flame Charge thaws out the user if they're frozen. Reasoning: You light yourself on fire and charge into the foe! Why wouldn't that thaw you out? Especially since both Flare Blitz and Flame Wheel already thaw the user for the same reason.

Searing Shot thaws out the user if they're frozen. Reasoning: The fire from this move goes out in an uncontrolled blast in all directions, fired from the centre of the user's body. If an instantaneous omnidirectional blast of raging flames centred on yourself doesn't thaw you out, what would?

Slash, Psycho Cut, and Night Slash are buffed to 90 base power to match up with Leaf Blade. Slash and Psycho Cut are nerfed to have only 15 PP at base, matching up with Night Slash and Leaf Blade.

Latias gets Illusion as her Hidden Ability.
Reasoning:
— Sapphire 'dex entry: LATIAS is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech. It is covered with a glass-like down. The POKéMON enfolds its body with its down and refracts light to alter its appearance.
— Fire Red/Leaf Green 'dex entry: It can telepathically communicate with people. It changes its appearance using its down that refracts light.
Note: You'd have to fix the behaviour of Illusion + Mega Evolution on Showdown. If I recall correctly, right now, Mega Evolving while under an Illusion causes Showdown to display the sprite of your pre-Mega form instead of your Mega Evolved form. (Then again, I might be misremembering and it's actually only Imposter + Mega Evolution that causes that particular behaviour. I know for certain that it happens with Imposter, however.)

As for Latios, obviously if Latias gets a Hidden Ability then he should get one too. As for what that should be, my best guess is either Unnerve or Intimidate.
Reasoning:
— Ruby 'dex entry: LATIOS has the ability to make its foe see an image of what it has seen or imagines in its head. This POKéMON is intelligent and understands human speech.
It could use its ability to make telepathic projections to frighten its foes by showing them horrifying images.
Another possible ability would be Speed Boost. Reasoning:
— X 'dex entry: A highly intelligent Pokémon. By folding back its wings in flight, it can overtake jet planes.
I have a feeling that Speed Boost Latios could easily go straight to Ubers though, so I dunno.
Also, because both Latios and Latias are renowned for their ability to reach incredible speeds in the air, both learn Extreme Speed and Dragon Rush by level-up.

All Eeveelutions get Adaptability as a possible ability, inherited from an Eevee with Adaptability. Original abilities are gained from an Eevee with Run Away.

Bulletproof also grants immunity to shot moves (Mirror Shot, Gunk Shot/Dust Shoot, Mud Shot) and Cannon moves. (Flash Cannon, Hydro Cannon, Spike Cannon, and Zap Cannon.) It does not grant immunity to Parting Shot (Japanese name translates roughly to "parting sharp remark" or "parting retort") nor String Shot (Spit Thread in Japanese).

Pignite and Emboar are Fire/Ground. Enough with the Fire/Fighting starters already!

Dewott and Samurott are Water/Fighting.

Granbull gets Pixilate in place of Quick Feet, giving it an arsenal of Fairy-type moves to get abuse for powerful STAB. (In Gen VI, its entire moveset is still Normal even though it's now a Fairy-type, meaning it takes forever to get something it can actually get STAB on.)

New Ability: Dry Ice: This Pokémon's Weaknesses and Resistances are inverted. (NVE hits become SE, and SE hits become NVE.) This includes weakness/resistance to Stealth Rock. Immunities are unaffected. (For example, a Flying-type Pokémon with Dry Ice remains immune to Ground-type moves.)

Avalugg's Sturdy replaces Own Tempo on its ability list, and it gains Dry Ice as its Hidden Ability.

Articuno's Hidden Ability is now Dry Ice. Articuno's Hidden Ability is now released.

Edit: Also, this one's a bit of a stretch, but...

Dedenne's BST is now 77/78/67/101/77/111, 511 total
Dedenne's Pickup is replaced with Hustle, while Plus is replaced with Infiltrator.
Dedenne now learns Spark, Electro Ball, and Encore by level-up. It also gets Hone Claws and Dazzling Gleam by TM. Signal Beam is a tutor move for it. Nasty Plot is an Egg Move for it.

Reason: Because they make sense for an overaggressive little mouse thing. Also so it can actually hurt things in OU. Behold... THE POWER!
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Dedenne Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 348-411 (107.7 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Protip: Don't let Dedenne boost if you value not dying. Fortunately, 77/67/77 defences are still completely terrible, even if it does have the ability to hit like a truck on either the physical or special side after a turn of setup. Special-based Dedenne can actually attack before setting up, while HustleClaws Dedenne can't really afford to try to attack without setup thanks to Hustle. But if HustleClaws Dedenne gets its Hone Claws up, watch out! 111 base Speed is also a particularly trolly speed tier, so it has that going for it as well.

@OP: Shouldn't Water Shuriken be listed as changing from Physical to Special, and not the other way around?

The Reptile: If Kirlia doesn't get to Rapid Spin (list of rejected changes in the OP), then you can be assured that Miltank definitely shouldn't be able to Rapid Spin. Kirlia is far spinnier than Miltank ever was. Miltank rolls, it doesn't spin. Rapid Spin = horizontal spin. Rollout = vertical spin, like a wheel.
Seconding giving Mega Beedrill either Megahorn or a buffed Twineedle, by the way.

Last edited:
Gallade's abilities changed: Steadfast -> Synchronize (from Synchronize Kirlia), gains Trace (from Trace Kirlia), Justified -> either Telepathy (able to read the minds of its allies to coordinate attacks, plus Gardevoir has this) or Forewarn (able to read the minds of its foes to plan its attack, as suggested by its dex entries)
What's wrong with the flavor of its current Abilities?

Mega Gallade: Fairy/Fighting with Pixilate? Pixilate Slash new meta IMO. In terms of actual reasoning, Gallade is a Knight to defend the princess, just like in fairy tales. Plus physical fairies are fun and Fairy/Fighting is nothing if not a unique typing.
This would involve changing a Mega's primary typing, which is against the rules of Mega Evolution.

Ralts line gets Frost Breath by TM (they learn Icy Wind so it makes sense to me, and in fact it doesn't make sense that they don't learn Frost Breath while still learning Icy Wind). In fact, you can probably freely give Frost Breath to any Pokémon that learns — or can be taught — Icy Wind while not having any logical way to perform the move other than breathing icy elemental breath.
Maybe it's just me, but I always thought of Frost Breath have chunks of ice infused into the breath.

Draining Kiss buffed from 50 base power to either 60 or 65 base power. (65 is a better choice in my opinion.)
Reasoning:
If Draining Kiss is 60 BP:
45 BP heal
105 total power (attack + heal)

If Draining Kiss is 65 BP:
48.75 BP heal
113.75 total power (attack + heal)

Giga Drain:
75 BP attack
37.5 BP heal
112.5 total power (attack + heal)
Why?

Reasoning behind Swords Dance: It's a dancing move and boosts Pirouette Forme's primary offensive stat! Why doesn't she get this by TM already?
Reasoning behind Snarl: It's a voice-based move, and while it may fall outside of Meloetta's natural tendencies, that's why it's a TM. Maybe she performs screamo to use this move? Or maybe it makes her a rapper? :P
Reasoning behind Roar: A voice-based move that is thematically fitting given what else I'm using to represent Meloetta, especially the Pirouette Forme. (And Aria Forme Meloetta can Roar with impunity, not having to worry about Magic Bouncers on the opposing team.)
Reasoning behind Bulldoze and Earthquake: This one might be a bit of a stretch, but it's sort of a mental image I found rather cool. Basically, Meloetta in her Pirouette Forme would be tap-dancing with precision and grace (like Riverdance if you've ever seen that)... but every tap of her foot against the floor causes a massive tremor to ripple through the ground. Fear the power of dance!

While you're at it, may as well consider other dancing moves than just Swords Dance. In particular, I was thinking Dragon Dance, Petal Dance, and possibly Fiery Dance, Lunar Dance and maybe even Quiver Dance. Lunar Dance and Quiver Dance seem like they're pushing it though.
Reasoning behind Dragon Dance: It's a dance move that boosts the Pirouette Forme's primary offensive stats. It's also learned by Pokémon that aren't Dragon-type anyway, so it stands to reason that Meloetta could learn it. Given that Meloetta's theme is song and dance, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her not to learn this move.
Reasoning behind Petal Dance and Fiery Dance: More of that whole "fear the power of dance" theme I've been going for with Pirouette Forme. Meloetta's dances can shake the earth, coat the world in flames, and summon the forests themselves against her foes!
Reasoning behind Quiver Dance: Another dancing move. It's described as being "lightly performed" along with "beautiful" and "mystic". Plus, Lilligant gets this move, so there's precedence for non-Bug-types learning it. At the same time, though, it's probably the single best way to break Aria Forme Meloetta and shoot her straight up into Ubers tier. Give her Boomburst as well for maximum Uber power.
Reasoning behind Lunar Dance: Nothing really. Probably the most out-of-line for her to have, given that it is a signature move.
Snarl: A snarl is a ferocious growl with bared teeth/fangs that animals make to intimidate others. It's not screamo or rap.
Roar: Same as Snarl, but louder. You might be looking for Hyper Voice.
Bulldoze and Earthquake: These two moves involve slamming the ground with great force in order to cause tremors. Meloetta lacks the meat for that.
Dragon Dance: Everyone that gets this move that's not a Dragon type is either in the Dragon egg group or is bred the move through a Dragon-type or someone in the Dragon egg group. Either way, it's not something Meloetta should be able to pull off. It would also break her.
Fiery Dance: Part of the dance routine is flapping the user's wings.
Quiver Dance: It's known as Butterfly Dance in Japan.
Lunar Dance: It's probably more of a ritual than a performing art, although there's no flavor either way other than the name.

Latias gets Illusion as her Hidden Ability.
Reasoning:
— Sapphire 'dex entry: LATIAS is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech. It is covered with a glass-like down. The POKéMON enfolds its body with its down and refracts light to alter its appearance.
— Fire Red/Leaf Green 'dex entry: It can telepathically communicate with people. It changes its appearance using its down that refracts light.
Note: You'd have to fix the behaviour of Illusion + Mega Evolution on Showdown. If I recall correctly, right now, Mega Evolving while under an Illusion causes Showdown to display the sprite of your pre-Mega form instead of your Mega Evolved form. (Then again, I might be misremembering and it's actually only Imposter + Mega Evolution that causes that particular behaviour. I know for certain that it happens with Imposter, however.)

As for Latios, obviously if Latias gets a Hidden Ability then he should get one too. As for what that should be, my best guess is either Unnerve or Intimidate.
Reasoning:
— Ruby 'dex entry: LATIOS has the ability to make its foe see an image of what it has seen or imagines in its head. This POKéMON is intelligent and understands human speech.
It could use its ability to make telepathic projections to frighten its foes by showing them horrifying images.
Another possible ability would be Speed Boost. Reasoning:
— X 'dex entry: A highly intelligent Pokémon. By folding back its wings in flight, it can overtake jet planes.
I have a feeling that Speed Boost Latios could easily go straight to Ubers though, so I dunno.
Also, because both Latios and Latias are renowned for their ability to reach incredible speeds in the air, both learn Extreme Speed and Dragon Rush by level-up.
Latias changes its appearance to make itself invisible, not to fool people into thinking it's another Pokemon like Zoroark does. Both Unnerve and Intimidate involve scaring the foe through physical appearance.

All Eeveelutions get Adaptability as a possible ability, inherited from an Eevee with Adaptability. Original abilities are gained from an Eevee with Run Away.
Well, the Eeveelutions are the adaptations. They themselves cannot adapt. A Glaceon would not last in a volcano where a Flareon could live.

Granbull gets Pixilate in place of Quick Feet, giving it an arsenal of Fairy-type moves to get abuse for powerful STAB. (In Gen VI, its entire moveset is still Normal even though it's now a Fairy-type, meaning it takes forever to get something it can actually get STAB on.)
I'm not sure what the criteria for Pixilate are, but I don't think Granbull matches them. It's nothing like the current havers.

Reason: Because they make sense for an overaggressive little mouse thing. Also so it can actually hurt things in OU. Behold... THE POWER!
Where is it stated that Dedenne is overaggressive?

What's wrong with the flavor of its current Abilities?
They're completely different than the abilities of its Prevos, and it is the only one of its line to have its abilities change so drastically. Plus, Trace is arguably more useful to Gallade than Steadfast. Losing the Ralts line's abilities is an unnecessary change, given that the flavour for his prevos also applies equally well to him, and it's a change that also weakens him as a Pokémon overall.

This would involve changing a Mega's primary typing, which is against the rules of Mega Evolution.
From Swablu to Mega Altaria, the line changes both of its typings. Now, granted Flying is technically its secondary typing, but it changes from Normal/Flying to Dragon/Flying when it first evolves, so eh. I suppose your argument has some truth to it, regardless of how awesome Fighting/Fairy Mega Gallade would be.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought of Frost Breath have chunks of ice infused into the breath.
Fair enough I suppose.

Because Draining Kiss is currently underpowered and not worth the moveslot on any Pokémon that has access to it. At present, it heals for the exact same amount as Giga Drain/Drain Punch (37.5 BP worth of healing) with 25 less Base Power.

Snarl: A snarl is a ferocious growl with bared teeth/fangs that animals make to intimidate others. It's not screamo or rap.
Snarl (X & Y move description): The user yells as if it's ranting about something, which lowers the Sp. Atk stat of opposing Pokémon.
Sounds like screamo to me. :P

Roar: Same as Snarl, but louder. You might be looking for Hyper Voice.
This is a fair point. I suppose Roar is a little more exclusive than that.

Bulldoze and Earthquake: These two moves involve slamming the ground with great force in order to cause tremors. Meloetta lacks the meat for that.
The fact that Meloetta "lacks the meat for that" is the entire reason to give these moves to her in my opinion. It adds a mystical nature to her abilities. Besides, want to know another Fighting-type that very definitely "lacks the meat for that" and still learns Earthquake? Riolu.

Dragon Dance: Everyone that gets this move that's not a Dragon type is either in the Dragon egg group or is bred the move through a Dragon-type or someone in the Dragon egg group. Either way, it's not something Meloetta should be able to pull off. It would also break her.
Pfft, break her? What's she gonna do with two-move coverage? She has to run Relic Song for access to Pirouette Forme anyway. Now, it might be overkill given that I gave her other stuff to work with, but Dragon Dance Salamence spamming Outrage on everything wasn't even broken enough to still be OU once Gen VI rolled around. He had both a good ability (Intimidate) and higher Attack. He did have significantly less Speed, though, and his physical bulk works out to about the same.
I suppose I can go with her not qualifying due to Egg Group, though.[/quote]
Fiery Dance: Part of the dance routine is flapping the user's wings.
Alright, makes sense to me.
Quiver Dance: It's known as Butterfly Dance in Japan.
Lilligant makes that point invalid, I think. But honestly, she doesn't even have to limit her coverage options to use Quiver Dance, so it would probably be broken as all get out with 100/128 defensive bulk already along with 128 base Special Attack.
Lunar Dance: It's probably more of a ritual than a performing art, although there's no flavor either way other than the name.
True, that.

Latias changes its appearance to make itself invisible, not to fool people into thinking it's another Pokemon like Zoroark does.
Untrue. It doesn't specify invisibility in the early dex entries (and in fact "changes its appearance" is distinct from "invisibility" by implication in the first place), and a Latias disguised herself as a human using this trick in Pokémon Heroes (presumably combined with a psychokinetic field to effectively change her physical shape as well). She also uses it to become invisible in Pokémon Heroes, so her light refraction trick can be used either way.

Both Unnerve and Intimidate involve scaring the foe through physical appearance.
It was the best equivalent I could come up with in terms of abilities.

Well, the Eeveelutions are the adaptations. They themselves cannot adapt. A Glaceon would not last in a volcano where a Flareon could live.
They're obviously not very well adapted, then, given that they have absolutely no usable coverage moves. Adaptability would at least patch up the need for coverage moves by substituting raw power. And if anything, they're just as adaptable as other Pokémon that get it, like Mega Beedrill and Mega Lucario. Besides, given that Adaptability was originally a semi-unique ability of Eevee's (shared only with Porygon-Z), it seemed a shame not to keep that across its evolutions. Especially when it would be such a good ability if given to a Pokémon with actual stats in the first place.

I'm not sure what the criteria for Pixilate are, but I don't think Granbull matches them. It's nothing like the current havers.
If there's no known criteria, that only makes it a better candidate. It could really, REALLY use some workable STAB. Besides, it's much similar to the current Aerilate users in a way. Current Aerilate users are bulky and powerful Flying-types. I see no reason the same couldn't apply to Fairy-types, given that those Aerilate users have no actual attribute about them that could logically change their moves' type.

Where is it stated that Dedenne is overaggressive?
I suppose it doesn't, really. But it is clearly already suited to use as a glass cannon, as it isn't getting anywhere with defensive stats like those. It simply lacks the BST to actually put its glass cannon nature to use. Rather than simply buffing its stats every which way, I figure why not give it some nice moves and abilities to work with. I did admit in the first place that it was more than a bit of a stretch.

canno

formerly The Reptile
The Reptile: If Kirlia doesn't get to Rapid Spin (list of rejected changes in the OP), then you can be assured that Miltank definitely shouldn't be able to Rapid Spin. Kirlia is far spinnier than Miltank ever was. Miltank rolls, it doesn't spin. Rapid Spin = horizontal spin. Rollout = vertical spin, like a wheel.
Seconding giving Mega Beedrill either Megahorn or a buffed Twineedle, by the way.
This is a very good point. I'll take back what I said about Rapid Spin Miltank then

Because Draining Kiss is currently underpowered and not worth the moveslot on any Pokémon that has access to it. At present, it heals for the exact same amount as Giga Drain/Drain Punch (37.5 BP worth of healing) with 25 less Base Power.
I meant flavor-wise. I agree that it should be more powerful, but Justification isn't just making things viable. The changes have to fix Troll Freak logic.

Snarl (X & Y move description): The user yells as if it's ranting about something, which lowers the Sp. Atk stat of opposing Pokémon.I m
Sounds like screamo to me. :P
Okay, new point: The Japanese name is Bark Out. Humans don't bark.

The fact that Meloetta "lacks the meat for that" is the entire reason to give these moves to her in my opinion. It adds a mystical nature to her abilities. Besides, want to know another Fighting-type that very definitely "lacks the meat for that" and still learns Earthquake? Riolu.
Riolu's Pearl entry is all about how Riolu is powerful despite how small it is. Meloetta-P's Fighting-type isn't from strength, but rather knowing how to fight.

Pfft, break her? What's she gonna do with two-move coverage? She has to run Relic Song for access to Pirouette Forme anyway. Now, it might be overkill given that I gave her other stuff to work with, but Dragon Dance Salamence spamming Outrage on everything wasn't even broken enough to still be OU once Gen VI rolled around. He had both a good ability (Intimidate) and higher Attack. He did have significantly less Speed, though, and his physical bulk works out to about the same.
I suppose I can go with her not qualifying due to Egg Group, though.

Lilligant makes that point invalid, I think. But honestly, she doesn't even have to limit her coverage options to use Quiver Dance, so it would probably be broken as all get out with 100/128 defensive bulk already along with 128 base Special Attack.
[/quote]

No, but Dragon Dance Garchomp was. Speaking of Garchomp, its common Scarf set outspeeds +1 Salamence and murders it. Meloetta-P's STABs are unresisted outside of the three viable Ghost-types as well. Also, as you said, Quiver Dance would break her, and Dragon Dance is kind of like a physical version of it.

Untrue. It doesn't specify invisibility in the early dex entries (and in fact "changes its appearance" is distinct from "invisibility" by implication in the first place), and a Latias disguised herself as a human using this trick in Pokémon Heroes (presumably combined with a psychokinetic field to effectively change her physical shape as well). She also uses it to become invisible in Pokémon Heroes, so her light refraction trick can be used either way.
True.

They're obviously not very well adapted, then, given that they have absolutely no usable coverage moves. Adaptability would at least patch up the need for coverage moves by substituting raw power. And if anything, they're just as adaptable as other Pokémon that get it, like Mega Beedrill and Mega Lucario. Besides, given that Adaptability was originally a semi-unique ability of Eevee's (shared only with Porygon-Z), it seemed a shame not to keep that across its evolutions. Especially when it would be such a good ability if given to a Pokémon with actual stats in the first place.
What does coverage have to do with adaptation? Adaptability means that you can change to meet many situations. They are adapted because they have changed themselves to a certain situation. Specialized, if you will.

If there's no known criteria, that only makes it a better candidate. It could really, REALLY use some workable STAB. Besides, it's much similar to the current Aerilate users in a way. Current Aerilate users are bulky and powerful Flying-types. I see no reason the same couldn't apply to Fairy-types, given that those Aerilate users have no actual attribute about them that could logically change their moves' type.
Play Rough isn't bad, and Pixilate != Aerilate.

I suppose it doesn't, really. But it is clearly already suited to use as a glass cannon, as it isn't getting anywhere with defensive stats like those. It simply lacks the BST to actually put its glass cannon nature to use. Rather than simply buffing its stats every which way, I figure why not give it some nice moves and abilities to work with. I did admit in the first place that it was more than a bit of a stretch.
Well, if it doesn't have the offensive stats to be a glass cannon, it isn't really one. Personally, I'd make it an annoyer. It gets Nuzzle, so pair that up with something like Encore and give it a big Speed boost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)