ORAS PU Jungle (Peaked top 10)

Hello guys, Loveless Rhapsody here with a PU team built in these days. I really had fun and I managed to get in the top 10 of ORAS PU. Here's the team!

Building Phase:
I started from
with the Coil set, which is very nice against Tangela + Audino. Since this Pokemon has some problems facing Ground Types like Marowak or Stunfisk, I decided to add an offensive partner that can manage with them,
. I wanted a Pokemon who can benefit of Arbok and Articuno's work, so I chose
. I was pretty scared about some physical threats like Stoutland and Dodrio, so I put in
+
; These two Pokemons are very helpful against quite almost the physical threats of the metagame and I even choosed them because they are respectively a Rapid Spinner to help Articuno and a Stealth Rock setter. I was searching for a revenge killer that could hardly hit on the special side, so I chose Mr.Meme
with the Choice Scarf.

Team In Depth:

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

This Pokemon is very amazing in this tier. I chose the Black Sludge mainly because I wanted more staying power and I also wanted to have a little recovery every turn. The moveset is classic, with EQ I can hit Probopass and other threats like Mawile that can be quite annoying for my team.
Gunk Shot is the main STAB and with the Coil is amazing because it's like a double boost. Sucker Punch is the priority that helps me out with some cheap damage in certain situations or can help me even to break Kadabra's Sash.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Roost

Articuno has a nice bulk on the special side which helps me against Water special types like Golduck or Frogadier. The set is the fast SubRoost because I needed a way to PP Stall the more dangerous threats like Specs Glaceon or Vanilluxe. Hurricane is the main STAB and, when it connects, helps me against Fightning Types like Machoke. Freeze-Dry is there because I need to hit the most common Water Types even if I lose BP for not choosing Ice Beam.

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Mightyena is the real beast of PU. With the Adamant Nature I can reach some KOs I don't get without it. It's here mainly because it hits Psychic Types really well and it's a nice midgame/end game hard-hitter. The set is really classic.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

This mon really fits in this team thank to its physical nice bulk and for its movepool, that permits me to hit some pokemons that would be annoying for Articuno and it can Rapid Spin to remove hazards from my field, that are very threatning since I have a Life Orb Mightyena and an Articuno. Knock Off is there to remove countless Eviolites, but mainly to remove the Tangela's one. Earthquake is here for the same reason I chose EQ on Arbok.

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 104 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Gabite is nice in this team because with the Rough Skin residual damage can help me against some scary threats like Monferno or Purugly. The set is the standard one, with Toxic that can cripple pokemons like Avalugg, one of the main defensive threats for my team.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

I needed a revenge killer like I said before, and I chose Mr.Mime because of its typing and its movepool. In fact, it has Healing Wish, a very nice move for Mightyena to fully recover it and to guarantee more staying power, since Mightyena with the Life Orb can be very frail. The other moves are quite common so I won't say anything about them.

Threat List:
: Can be very threatening especially when the SR are up, my only quite solid answer is, in fact, Articuno.

I didn't have quite any problem against other mons, if you see other weaknesses I'd like if you'll help me out.

Proof of the peak:
http://imgur.com/uuzh19C
I'm exactly the 10th. I unfortunately don't have any replay of the laddering because in the beginning I didn't want to post an RMT sigh

ETT:
Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Roost

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 104 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

SHOUTOUTS:
empoleonlove who supported me during the matches <3
and to Oibaf cune who is bad :v

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy this team!

I haven't played a ton of PU in general, but this team has been fun so I'll give you my initial thoughts after ten games or so.

Ditto actually seems to be a threat, since it can copy the moxie boosts on mightyena and coil boosts on arbok and has a super-effective priority move (assuming scarf) for each of them. As a result, I've been toying with the idea of swapping out dragon claw for dragon tail on gabite, or even ((forgot this wasn't an option)) foul play on mr. mime.

Since Arbok really wants at least one coil before going to work, and can be an obvious swith-in at times, I've found myself wishing I had either lum berry or shed skin instead of leftovers/intimidate respectively to deal with an initial burn and then start punishing; predicting a will-o-wisp would essentially grant a free turn of set up.

With Gabite (especially if I/you make the switch to dragon tail), I'm thinking putting more EVs in defense instead of attack might be nice; toxic makes it a defensive mon already, and higher defense could let rough skin do more.

Overall though, very solid team. Since you cracked top 10 none of these changes might even be worthwhile, and i'll echo that I'm still pretty new to the meta.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)