Judge a Pokémon Express: Edition Three

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just read it through, and then realized: Why no pictures of the Pokémon being judged? Several of the entries refer to design elements you don't really notice at first glance, and it's annoying having to go to external sites to look up the designs being discussed as you read. Is it a willed policy, or just a slip-up?

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just read it through, and then realized: Why no pictures of the Pokémon being judged? Several of the entries refer to design elements you don't really notice at first glance, and it's annoying having to go to external sites to look up the designs being discussed as you read. Is it a willed policy, or just a slip-up?
all the pictures occupied a great part of the page making it really annoying to scroll :( we thought it'd be better off to leave them out for this one time

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
I know this has been brought up before, but I still think it might be worth considering changing the format to an arrangement by Pokemon instead of panelists. That way the official art could be integrated a bit better into the article itself especially if they are as large as this one, which would be a nice touch since they are such a huge factor in design discussions.

That formatting would also be a bit closer to the original layout of the JAP-series, which always made for a very nice and coherent read in my opinion. The idea was for different people to come together and analyse the various design elements, so reading all the opinions in one place felt very natural. Oftentimes they would complement eachother (humourous, artistic, etc.) and made for an enjoyable and varied overall impression. Even now, I enjoy reading the preliminary OPs of the JAP-articles in the Workshop exactly because of this formatting, it just feels a bit more complete to me. ^^

I understand that there are some concerns regarding the layout appearing larger, and some panelists potentially getting overlooked. The first issue doesn't bother me too much, to be honest, while I don't see much trouble with arranging the panelist parts chronologically as has been done in the past (which also leaves room for more interaction between them). I don't think many more people would just stop reading halfway through the discussion anyway, compared to the current layout.

That being said, I've always enjoy reading the JAP articles, and this one was no exception! In the end I don't dislike either format, so just take this as a minor feedback based on my very subjective impression. ;)

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If we had the images of Pokémon as the mini circles and you could click on them... Then you get the square avatars for each person's analysis. Might be a pain to html but I can see it working. The interest in these are huge now, so people will pick and choose which Pokémon they want to read about whereas clicking through everyone might get painful. I'm sold. anto can it be done?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)