It's coming: 09.01.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
O M Y L A N D S T A R

But really,

I am not sure what an OMGRANDSLAM is. Also, I am not sure if I want to know what an OMGRANDSLAM is...
OMGRANDSLAM means OMG! There's RAND'S LAM over there! That or it means there's going to be an Other Metas Grand Slam

it's probably just a tournament wtf lol
O M Y L A N D S T A R
But really,
OMGRANDSLAM means OMG! There's RAND'S LAM over there! That or it means there's going to be an Other Metas Grand Slam
Okay, thanks for the info. However, my original question is now in a new form. What is an Other Metas Grand Slam? If it is a Tournament of some sort, like Rhythms speculated, does anyone know, or can guess, what format? I'm rather curious about this.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, thanks for the info. However, my original question is now in a new form. What is an Other Metas Grand Slam? If it is a Tournament of some sort, like Rhythms speculated, does anyone know, or can guess, what format? I'm rather curious about this.
Most likely, it'll be run like the current Smogon Grand Slam, where a series of single elimination "opens" are held, each for a different tier (UU, RU, NU, Ubers, LC, Doubles). Each participant gets points for how well they do in each open they enter, and the top 8 or 12 point earners are placed into a single elimination, Bo5 bracket with the five games being one of each of the five different tiers. The winner of this bracket wins the Slam, though note that this can be different than those who won each individual open.

Except for this, instead of standard tiers, the formats will be popular OMs.

Strange, I tried doing a search for Grand Slam on the forums and came up empty. Eh, may have been a misspelling or something.

Most likely, it'll be run like the current Smogon Grand Slam, where a series of single elimination "opens" are held, each for a different tier (UU, RU, NU, Ubers, LC, Doubles). Each participant gets points for how well they do in each open they enter, and the top 8 or 12 point earners are placed into a single elimination, Bo5 bracket with the five games being one of each of the five different tiers. The winner of this bracket wins the Slam, though note that this can be different than those who won each individual open.

Except for this, instead of standard tiers, the formats will be popular OMs.
Regardless, it sounds like a decent sum of fun, and would probably try my hand at it sometime. Thank you all for the insight.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
O M + R A N D S I A M

The Other Metas community is trying to engage in some demographics outreach, with several HR agents having been deployed to Asia to make the rounds in developing nations. It's been tough going, with several monsoons and several incidents of accidental pregnancies slowing them down. Fortunately, up-and-coming GOP candidate Rand PAul and his friends the oil companies have decided to pitch in with some fresh clothing and gear. Give 'em a hand, folks! Soon enough we'll have ourselves an entire subforum for the Siamese OM players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)