International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Typically I used latios Last. So Being stuck with a -2 Latios wasn't really appealing. It also Helped when I ended up Leading with it, allowing me to get 2 Guaranteed KO's more often than not.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong Herb. I meant White Herb.
I love to use a Whimsicott + Latios combo. That way, if Latios gets the -2 from Draco Meteor, Whimsicott can use Fake Tears to -2 the opposing Pokémon's SpD. You won't have to rely on White Herb that way! XD

I'm not really rating, just giving out a neat tip! :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just faced DiddyK.

If you're here, apologies for the freeze, but overall I'm not sure it was that costly to you. Along with the crit, but I did double target that Pokémon with two super effective moves, so I think it would have gone down anyway.

Since i'm done battling here was my team for the tourney.

Hitmontop@fight gem adamant
236 Hp 252 Atk 20 spd
Fake out
sucker punch
close combat
wide guard

standard hitmontop is standard with 20 speed investment to outspeed most other hitmontop

(Valant)Zapdos@electric gem modest
140hp 252spatk 116 spd
T-bolt
heat wave
Hp ice
tailwind

standard zapdos, gem t-bolt saved me alot in this tourney. Also great tailwind support

(Trickster)Chandelure@focus sash modest
252hp 252 spatk 4sdef
trick room
protect
heat wave
shadow ball

This was my counter to trick room and to an extent my cresselia counter.

Ferrothorn@occa berry relaxed 0spd iv
252 hp 88 def 168sdef
gyro ball
protect
leech seed
power whip

My counter to rain teams it lost to only one rain team I faced out of 7 also great in case I decided to setup trick room with chandelure.

Latios@life orb Timid
4hp 252spatk 252 spd
Draco meteor
Psyshock
protect
tailwind

My late game sweeper its ability to ohko many things was a big help lol also a second tailwind support

Azumarill@wacaan berry
84hp 252atk 172 spd
Waterfall
ice punch
aqua jet
protect

One of my favorite mons the ev spread was designed to work in tailwind and trick room it got a few surprise ko's with the added speed

Oh and here is one more battle I saved against a sand team with the level 1 aron strat haxy battle Vid no.77-63332-58286

thats it 2019 after defeating 2 high 1800s which was a great ending for me. if course i wanted to get higher on the ladder but then i got three times the mexican idiot skylark with his fatty regigigas. of course this makes my dc rate even worse -__-

team was exactly the team i used in birmingham and now i want to say goodbye to it...maybe i should write an essay how we latios+ dragonite counter rain setups hahaha.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def / 28 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 108 Def / 44 SAtk / 144 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Safeguard

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Protect

Rhyperior (M) @ Earth Gem
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Megahorn

Dragonite (M) @ Haban Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Protect

Tyranitar (M) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Protect

DC by Aoi, 183x player, sad to see your petty rating wasnt obtained by actual effort.
Moving on, he runs a sand team, very easy prediction

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The disconnection-fest continues as Rica from Costa Rica disconnects as I was making a come-from-behind victory with my pokemon from hell. Had a close victory with a lower ranked player, yet my same come-from-behind pokemon did its physical move without resorting to stall. team:goatee will retire at around 1755+ while it doesn't look like I'll get over 1700 with team:ee

Did a lot battles with this tournament, You know what made me realized? I need to work my prediction a little more and I need to make a decision a little slower (making a decision fast greatly costs my battles a loss).

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Did a lot battles with this tournament, You know what made me realized? I need to work my prediction a little more and I need to make a decision a little slower (making a decision fast greatly costs my battles a loss).
Yeah man, teambuilding is like 10% of the event. 90% of it is battling (predictions!). It's possible to win the Spring Friendly (and Worlds :P) with a really crappy team like mine (lol), you just have to be able to predict well and make a move.

Yeah man, teambuilding is like 10% of the event. 90% of it is battling (predictions!). It's possible to win the Spring Friendly (and Worlds :P) with a really crappy team like mine (lol), you just have to be able to predict well and make a move.
idk man i've never seen a really crappy team win worlds

i actually saw a really good team win seniors worlds 2011 it was nice

Javier from Georgia lol, DCing in the last minutes of the tournament against someone who is 200+ points higher than you. OK that's cool, keep your 3 points -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)