ORAS PU Intermittent Drizzle

I was told by a cool guy that I should do an "RMT." IDK when I'll get to that but for now I think I'll just do a "Rate My Team" of my newest team creation.

Here's the squad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sets:

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rain Dance

Golduck is a cool guy; the type of guy I'd invite to parties. Boasting average stats that let it go beyond average in the rain, Golduck is the one mon rain teams can never have. Because of this; why not have him be my rain setter? Golduck is able to dent plenty of teams with rain boosted stab modest life orb hydro pumps, with focus blast and ice beam as coverage to make sure you're as hard to wall as possible.

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald
Swanna is just one of those mons that is good on a lot of offensive teams. Stab hurricane and nice offensive stats allow it to be a premiere offensive defogger. However, things just get better when Swanna's in the rain, as it's able to hit harder with its best source of water stab, Scald, and its powerful Hurricane has perfect accuracy. Along with this, it gets Hydration. This allows it to be able to heal off statuses that may ruin your day, such as thunder wave or toxic. overall a great mon.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

A bulky hazard setter on an offensive team with Defog so you can keep setting up hazards? Yes, please! Roselia is a great addition to teams that are in need of status absorbers, as well as teams that need bulky special walls and hazards. This Roselia set is made to function in rain, but obviously, can function out of it too. Basically helps the team's main sweeper, Golduck, snag some kills it couldn't get before.

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic

Gabite adds some important resists and immunities to the team, like rock and electric, as well as sets up rocks and hit hard with stab Earthquake. It can also toxic walls like Vullaby who think they're safe enough to defog away your hazards. Along with these perks, it also has the awesome perk of checking mons such as like Monferno, Golem and Pawniard.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Frotom (Yes, FRotom. I WILL MAKE THIS A THING) is such a versatile and overall very effective mon in the tier, thanks to bolt-beam coverage, and great overall stats that allow it to wield a multitude of sets. Scarf Frotom gives my team much-needed speed control as while overall allowing my team to handle faster threats much better.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

After putting my team into a weakness calculator, I found my team was weak to psychic, and dragon. Seeing as how I have 2 mons with ice moves, and that the best dragon in the tier is arguably Gabite, I thought I was well off in the anti-dragon department. As for psychic, well... I didn't have much. On top of this, my team had a not-so-pleasent weakness to stoutland, which manages to punch huge wholes into my team. Because of this, and because of advice from the cool guy I mentioned before, I decided to go with Metang. Metang also pursuit traps Roselia and Grumpig, making Golduck much easier to sweep with late game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Threatlist:

Stoutland: Stoutland can be a huge issue for the team. It can punch holes through the entire team except for metang, so it's important to keep it healthy to help keep Stoutland in check.

Opposing Frotom: Frotom also causes issues for this team, especially scarf. Fast t-bolts and blizzards rip through the team rather easily, and my only ice resist that isn't weak to electric is, well, Frotom. The only way this team can really handle Frotom is if you can force it out with Frotom or burn it to help wear it down, along with some good predictions.

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rain Dance

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Last edited:
Hey Solar Flare, nice looking team, and a very well formatted RMT (plus sweet name ofc). There's a few things you're weak to here, so I'm just going to make a few suggestions in hope to help you out with the team.

Right away from looking at the team, I notice a pretty big weakness to opposing Stoutland, as your entire team is either OHKOd or 2HKOd by it, and you have a good bit of trouble revenge killing it as well. Additionally, you're pretty weak to opposing Psychic-types such as Grumpig and Mr. Mime. Therefore, I'm going to suggest you change Dusknoir --> Metang, which makes for a solid check for both of the two. Pursuit also allows you to trap some of Golduck's checks, namely Roselia and Grumpig, making it much easier to clean up with late game.

Another problem I notice with the team is that outside of rain, it's very slow, with nothing even reaching base 100. To help you out with this, I'm just going to suggest you make the simple change of SubWisp Rotom-F --> Scarf Rotom-F, which doesn't change much about the overall build of the team, but definitely gives you more Speed control.

Next, there's just a few set variations I'm going to recommend to help out the team. To begin with, I'd say changing Focus Blast --> Psyshock on Golduck is pretty important for hitting Roselia, considering you can already 2HKO Audino and OHKO Rotom-F with Hydro Pump in rain. Next, I'm going to suggest you change your Roselia's EV spread to 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD, which allows you to take a Modest Gorebyss's Ice Beam at +2 as well as avoid the 2HKO from Choice Specs Floatzel's Ice Beam. On top of this, I would change Spikes --> Giga Drain. Giga Drain is pretty mandatory on Roselia in general, as you absolutely need it if you want a change to beat Ground-types such as Golem as well as consistently beating the Water-types I mentioned before. Next, I would change your Gabite's EV spread to 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe, which is just an update from the outdated EV spread you're using that was supposed to live things such as Carracosta's +2 Waterfall. With this spread, you gain more offensive presence and more attacking power to hit Pokemon such as Cryogonal very hard on the switch.

tl;dr

Metang @ Eviolite | Clear Body
236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe | Adamant
Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Pursuit / Bullet Punch

Rotom-F @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Volt Switch / Thunderbolt / Blizzard / Trick

Focus Blast --> Psyshock

Current EV Spread --> 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Spikes --> Giga Drain

Current EV Spread --> 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Hope I helped :toast:

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Slar Flar, nice to see a Golduck rmt

Looks solid though due to your lack of Normal resist or very fast Pokemon you are week to Stoutland and Dodrio among other Nomral-types. To help with this, I recommend you try Tank Golem over Gabite. It can check similar things and also set up Stealth Rock, but resists normal types helping with those threats which I have mentioned earlier, and lefties means it gets warn down less.

Next, Substitute Rotom-f seems really problematic as it outspeeds a lot of your team and can the Pokemon which can switch in with burns, so I think Grumpig would fit well over Swanna. It can check Rotom-f, while releasing pressure of Dusknoir to check Psychic types (which isn't too easy as it lacks Pursuit), while also helping you out vs Monferno, as replacing Gabite has made you slightly weaker to it. I don't think Swanna fit that slot well, as Defog isn't very helpful for Hazard stacking teams, and Swanna doesn't work to well in Water spam from experience as it cannot bait in Grass-types.

Lastly, since these changes have made your team slightly slower, I feel think a solid revenge killer would help. Changing Rotom-f's set to Choice Scarf would allow you to to revenge kill threats like +2 Gorebyss, which you rely a lot upon Roselia, along with other fast threats like Floatzel, which your team can still check but would just prefer to have something reliably faster. Similarly to Dundies, I feel Giga Drain is crucial on Roselia, to help with things like opposing Golduck and other Water-types, but I think dropping Toxic Spikes would be preferred as Spikes + Golduck is deadly due to the immediate damage it applies.

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 196 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Rotom-f
Leftovers ---> Choice Scarf
Substitute and Will-o-Wisp ---> Volt Switch and Trick

Roselia
Toxic Spikes ---> Giga Drain

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)