IN RESPONSE TO 'Important Announcement about SM NU Alpha!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How we are being treated as the lower tiers is entirely unfair. We have operated under certain tier expectations for two months or so now, but because two or three higher up guys decided the metagame will be more "stable" now we have to wallow in ORAS NU for ONE MORE MONTH. erisia, who posted the OP and who I assume was a major proponent in this decision, is an NU forum moderator. Why does a moderator of a tier which is one week away from being removed from Pre-Alpha have any say in what happens to our tier? The reasoning given is shoddy at best. "We do not want to squander the opportunity to improve our tier by ending it prematurely" Neither has UU or RU alpha but those got the green light. I specifically asked erisia about RU alpha in chat and he said "well I didn't have any say in that". Why does he have any say in any tier besides Challenge Cup 1v1? "We want to make sure that everyone is sufficiently prepared for the formation of a new metagame" once again, why didn't UU or RU follow these same arbitrary rules? The tiers will settle how they settle regardless of when NU alpha is released. NU alpha will not affect the usage in higher tiers and what falls/gets banned. As stated in the OP, "Alpha tiers are 'an important step to the development of our official tier'", so why do we need to wait 1 more month for our important step? What difference does it make? There has been tremendous backlash from the entire NU room about this decision. WE DO NOT CARE IF THE TIER DOES NOT RESEMBLE WHAT NU WILL ACTUALLY BE. We have never cared. Just like UU and RU didn't care. Why are our wants and needs less important than those of higher tiers? We want our Alpha tier when we anticipated it. We want to move away from speculation and maybes and want to have something concrete. We want our ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)