Improving the Studio's Hub

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Card Deck

On January 2nd 2013, icepick felt that something was needed to inject Smeargle's Studio with a new breath of life. Something that anyone could participate in regardless of skill or previous experience, but also something anyone could wrap their heads around, and preferrably not yet another "Draw Every Pokemon" project that has been done so many times before elsewhere. It was this day she announced the idea that the local artists in the studio would come together and create: a card deck.

The procedure was simple: Reserve a card and a pokemon, draw it at 750x1050 pixels, 300 dpi, and then work from there. People quickly began to placehold cards, eager to illustrate some of their favorite mons in the style of the chosen card suit, and card designs began to roll in at a steady pace. But like most community projects, the hype faded for a while only to have its pulse removed a short while later, putting the whole project on ice for a good period. But it did not become forgotten, and on December 12th 2015, Cretacerus was the last artist to fill in the last blank in the deck.

Due to how anyone could contribute with their own card, and how there weren't any established rules on whether or not the cards should be marked or labelled with their respective symbol and number, there were no plans on producing an actual deck the users could purchase. It is within the realm of possibility, but since this project was primarily for creating the deck rather than using it, neither icepick or the studio staff has chosen to drive that issue further.

However, this page exists to display each and every card along with the name of its maker, making this one of the largest completed projects in Smeargle's Studio. As you're shuffling through this archive, remember the community who refused to fold despite the size of the project, working hard with the hand they had been dealt.

<a href="/forums/threads/3476844/">Original Thread</a>

<<FROM THIS POINT ONWARD, I'D BE THANKFUL IF THE HTML CREW COULD FIGURE OUT A TASTEFUL WAY TO HAVE THE IMAGES DISPLAYED. IF NO SOLUTION PROVIDED, WE CAN HAVE THE CARDS LINKED AND ONLY HAVING A SELECT FEW FEATURED ON THE PAGE ITSELF.>>

Link to all the images rehosted and resized: http://imgur.com/a/dOgob

Names of all people involved and the Pokemon they used:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
written for Tournament banners

Zracknel said:
Let's get right to the point, Smeargle's Studians: I need your help.
And with those humble words, Zracknel launched the first of several threads focused entirely on creating banners for tournaments. The difference a well placed banner can make for readers to get a better impression of a tournament description and re-consider participating is noticeable, a need Zracknel had provided himself for the most part, but with this thread series became open for any artist.

So what are the things to consider when creating tournament art? Let's start with the things he wasn't looking for:
  • No professional art experience needed, same can be said about creating logos or vector art specifically. Not all tournament requires fancy typography to go with the images either. What does matter is images to make a good impression, as these banners will indirectly represent the site and thus affect how newcomers view the place.
  • No need to work solo, the threads are meant to be flooded with WIPs and work in need of feedback. If you feel lacking in one area, odds are that other users can help collaborating with you to create a stunning end product.
  • One doesn't even necessarily need to be an original artist. However, this route also means that your name is coming second, as the art used for the banner (be it official Sugimori art or art used for Smogon's media articles) MUST be credited. Artwork from artists off-site are simply banned to make it easier to judge the submitted contributions.

As for the requests scheduled in the thread:

• Art direction is just what it is: direction. If you have a different idea to visualise the concept, do pursue it, but you need to communicate with the requester first so that both parties can reach an agreement.
  • The requester retains the right to decline a banner if it's far from their expectations. In the case of multiple submissions, the requester is the one deciding which one to use, although it is also possible to use various banners during the course of the tournament.
  • Watch the deadlines. Sometimes, they can jump around if one tour is prolonged and another tour skips ahead the schedule as a result. The tours with the most urgent deadlines are thus the best to cover first, while those in middling priority can still need art relatively soon.

While Zracknel founded the first thread, any user active in Smeargle's Studio can be the person maintaining the thread to make sure tours are properly visible in the OP and that submissions are getting the feedback they need. Rk00 managed the second iteration, Andrew handled the third, and at the time of writing this, the fourth is supervised by Rhythms .

<a href="/forums/threads/3471740/">First thread</a> | <a href="/forums/threads/3487804/">Second</a> | <a href="/forums/threads/3518059/">Third</a> | <a href="/forums/threads/3547652/">Fourth</a>

That said, we all know why there's a page on this hub dedicated for these threads: the artwork. Don't worry, it's all featured below.

Tournament name: The UnderUsed of OverUsed
Art Direction: Maybe some Pokemon in OU that are battling each other, except the OU Pokemon are barely OU, making them viable for use in the tournament.
Image by: Cretacerus

Tournament name: Bang!
Art Direction: It's a western-themed tournament; I was pretty much just thinking a Bulbasaur in a cowboy hat, but anything that fits the theme would be great.
Image by: 13ulbasaur

Tournament name: The Eggbreaker Cup
Art Direction: Play off the design above (maybe do like a yolk dripping out and spelling the letters?) or come up with something similar/egg related
Image by: lesre

Tournament name: Home Field Advantage IV
Art Direction: Anything really. Again, refer to the past versions of this tournament if necessary.
Image by: Bummer

Art Direction: Hi folks. We over in the VGC section have been running a weekly tournament for the last 12 weeks and I'd like to create a mega thread for it soon detailing information about it, records, and tournament videos. I'd like some sort of piece to start the thread off with. The Pokemon featured in the image can be anything listed in the VGC viability rankings from S, A+, or A tier. I'd like the image to say:
"#smogonvgc Live Tournaments"
"Every Friday, 6 PM EST"
Image by: KAIZA

Tournament name: ORAS RU Tournament
Art Direction: Popular RU Pokemon such as Moltres and Cresselia, Megas suit for this are Pidgeot and Sceptile
Image by: Cerib

Tournament name: Level 1 Tourney
Art Direction: Something with baby fully-evolved Pokemon like a baby Kangaskhan, baby Lapras, baby Mawile, or baby Scizor w/e ur feeling doing something cute next to a big Level 1 Tourney.
Image by: Cerib

Tournament name: The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament
Art Direction: http://archive.na.square-enix.com//ffta2/ FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Any kind of cross-genre like Alakazam dressed as a Black Mage or a trainer using an Aegislash as a giant sword or whatever you feel would be great.
Image by: anundeadboy

Tournament name: The Sunset Colosseum
Art Direction: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunset_Colosseum For reference, this is what the tournament is based off of. I'm open to any kind of interpretation for a banner tbh, thanks in advance!
Image by: MewSkitty

Tournament name: The #UUSF Tournament
Art Direction: Any ADV UU mon you want to depict. The name of the tournament comes from one of the longest-standing "cliques" or groups on Smogon to have existed, #uusf being the IRC channel. Camerupt, Walrein, Vileplume, Nidoking/Nidoqueen all good choices.
Image by: Andrew

Tournament name: Tournament Tour 2013

Tournament name: Helping Hand tour
Art Direction: We was both thinking - something with Latios/Latias asthey're often seen as parallels (and are both competitiely viable.)
Image by: Dr3adN07

Tournament name: Sky Battle Tournament
Art Direction: I'd love two legal, viable Pokemon battling in the air while flying, but I don't really care.
Image by: Player-0

Tournament name: Good Old Days Tournament
Art Direction: Literally does not matter; however, some of the big names of RBY should be present in some fashion: Tauros, Chansey, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Slowbro, Golem/Rhydon, Starmie, Gengar, Zapdos are the really big ones.
Image by: Dr3adN07

Tournament Name: Doubles Doubles Tournament
Art Direction: I was thinking of two common Doubles pokemon, one trying to help the other w/ some support move or something (like maybe Cresselia using Helping Hand to boost another Poke's attack or Jirachi using Follow Me to redirect a hit or something)

Tournament Name: BW RU meets DPP UU
Art Direction: Nothing specific, would like to have a Pokemon prominently featured from each of BW RU and DPP UU "meeting" each other, however the artist wants to interpret that.

Tournament Name: The Neverused Story
Art Direction: I was thinking of an old worn out book, with classic nu mons from each gen etched onto the cover. I also think that a parody of the Movie, "The Neverending Story" could suffice.

Tournament Name: NU: Back to the Future
Art Direction: Anything involving the movie Back to the Future would be neat, and likewise a few key Pokemon from each tier (ADV NU - Flareon, Hitmonchan, Tangela. DPP NU - Charizard, Gligar. BW2 NU - Braviary, Amoonguss, Golurk. If you want any more information just let me know.
Image by: Juicy Fruit

Tournament Name: Random Pokemon Tournament V
Art Direction: my idea for the banner would be a version of me; either human or pterosaur drawing pokemon names from something like a hat or a bingo spinner or something

Tournament Name: UU All Generation Tournament
Art Direction: i was thinking something like having a blastoise with sprites from all 5 gens and having a *cool* background. im no good at that kind of stuff so if you could come up with some ideas that would be great.
Image by: elcheeso

Tournament Name: Pass the Trash II
Art Direction: Something like the yugioh card 'exchange' or a pokemon trade is what I have in mind for concept art
Image by: Rocket Grunt

Tournament Name: 3-mon Tournament
Art Direction: "I've been thinking about having one big mon hold two smaller ones. of course, these must all be somewhat competetive and it'd be great if they fit in the same playstyle.

Tournament name: Offstat Tournament
Tournament Rules:(a) Each of your Pokemon's two attack stats must have a difference of at least 50 between them (b) Your Pokemon's attacking moves must utilise their lower attack stat.
Image by: RitterCat

Tournament Name: Black/White 2 Walkthrough Tournament
Tournament Rules: This is a walkthrough tournament: each round will restrict competitors to only using items and pokemon that are available at a certain point in the game. Each round the restrictions will change as the competitors progress, mimicking a play-through the main game of black/white 2.
Image by: Scepticallistic

Tournament Name: #Pokemon Tournament
Art Direction: Competitors are highly encouraged to use the #pokemon channel to discuss and prepare for battle, so IRC plays a crucial role in this tournament.
Image by: @Bummer

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
For the Workshop submissions page

Much like Art for Tournaments, the Workshop aims to aid the Smogon community by providing a platform to request art for various threads or projects around the forums, as people would otherwise need to ask artists personally if they'd like to help. This is also a great place for budding artists to help out, as the process is very open and the demands aren't as high for official on-site articles.

For full disclosure on what'd expected for both the requesters and artists, <a href="/forums/threads/3510863/">see the original thread.</a> But if you're here, odds are that you're much more interested in seeing the artwork produced for this endeavour, so down below we're highlighting some of the contributions made to this cause.

For: Megamons
Details: What I had in mind was a Mega Slowbro munching happily on some Leftovers (namely the apple icon that the Item uses), and next to it a Mega Pinsir wearing a Choice Band on top of his head, confused as to where it should go. Then, I would like to have the word 'Megamons' below the two. Feel free to add any of your own creative ideas though!
Image: By Sparkl3y

For: ORAS UU Sample Team Thread
Details: I could see the artwork being a sort of triangle with Pokemons representing each main playstyle (stall, balance and offense) looking angrily or rushing at each other, with the title "UU Sample Team Thread" being in the middle of the art. Stall could be represented by Blissey, Alomomola (even if it's RU) and/or Aggron-mega ; Balance with Swampert, Zapdos, Gardevoir ; and Offense with Beedrill-Mega, Crawdaunt and Infernape.
Image: By Litra

For: PU Ladder challenge
Details: I was thinking something along the lines of some PU mons maybe climbing ladders idk it could involve mons like the Simi's, floatzel, monferno etc. also if it could say "PU Ladder Challenge" that would be great
Image: By a deer

For:Other Metas Teambuilding Shop
Details: I'm not that picky, so long as you capture the essence of a repair/mechanic shop. tbh, I keep seeing a rhydon with a wrench fsr, and I kinda want it to be gritty and greasy, not all bright and clean like most banners.
Image: By Bummer

For: Balanced Hackmons Viability Rankings
Details: I'd love it if the included pokemon were Chansey, Mega Rayquaza, and Giratina.
Image: By Litra

For: Ubers EV spread Compendium
Details: Whatever is fine, just possibly the primals and a mega of the artists choice.

For: RU Victim of the Week
Image: by Bummer

For: Doubles Viability Rankings
Image: by Bummer

For: RU Viability Thread (ORAS)
Details: hey, i'm gonna need some updated art for the RU viability thread now that we're in ORAS. Moltres, Pangoro, Alomomola, Cresselia, Gligar, Meloetta and Dragalge are some good candidates for Pokemon to be in the artwork, maybe with a tiny Fletchinder in the backround

For: OU Viability thread
Details: Hey, i would like to request a new logo for the OU viability ranking thread, as the amazing one that adeadnunboy made is outdated, because it featured Aegislash, which is now banned. And it would be nice if Pokemon in the logo are from S and A rank, to represent the best Pokemon in OU.
Image: By Andrew

For:Typemons
Details: Maybe do a thing featuring the different types somehow?
Image: By Regime

For: Don't Use That - Use This, OU version
Image: by anundeadboy

For: OU Viability Rankings
Image: by anundeadboy

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
for the Battle - Free for All page

<a href="/forums/threads/3447349/">Taunted by the user icepick's above image</a>, the community rallied together to best each other in a battle not of strength, but of wits. Since the thread did not specify what art skills a person needed in order to compete, not to mention how "Free for all" was literally in the thread's title, the studio's battle thread has been an endless source of creative imagery as well as humorous pictures, with each artist trying to outplay their predecessors. For instance, here's how Fatecrashers brought the above image to its knees:

Thankfully, the crusade didn't end there, as <a href="/forums/threads/3468778/">the second iteration</a> of the original thread is still kicking, ready for more action. Do you have what it takes to continue the fight? Or are you just here to watch some of the best images from these threads? Well you're in luck, because the latter can be accomplished by scrolling down. If you'd like to follow the whole train of thought, visit the previously linked threads, although be warned, plenty of those images have long ceased to exist due to faulty image hosts.

Magmar vs Farfetch'd - Nastyjungle

Snorlax vs Flareon - Sephirona

Toxicroak vs Kingler - icepick

Scrafty vs Machoke - Fulgrate

Joltik ("Joltank") vs Spheal - Sephirona

Scizor vs Celebi - RitterCat

Rapidash vs Glalie - Nastyjungle

Machamp vs Zapdos - Yolanda

Treecko vs Primeape - Energy Storm

Blaziken vs Nidoking - Lanturn314

Swalot vs Ho-Oh - Bird

Ralts vs Banette - Yilx

Hypno vs Musharna - Rocket Grunt

Elekid vs Politoed - Fulgrate

Dwebble vs Accelgor - paintseagull

Croagunk vs Diglett - Pravinoz

Chimecho vs Sandslash - exxmaniac

Cacnea vs Wailord - JarardoMartino

Alakazam vs Rotom-H - Scepticallistic

Politoed vs Magcargo - TEA_DEMON

Tangrowth vs Relicanth - nada somos

Vullaby vs Togepi - Bird

Smeargle vs Ursaring - Lord Jesseus

Ferroseed vs Drifloon - spuds4ever

Castform vs Beartic - Prankster

Combusken vs Chansey - Bummer

Wynaut vs Hitmonlee - Mos-Quitoxe

Heracross vs Rotom-C - Vabolo

Quagsire vs Geodude - ToxicPhox

Illumise vs Golurk - Vabolo

Hitmonlee vs Rotom-W - CBMeadow

Kyurem-B vs Pikachu - ToxicPhox

Escavalier vs Kyurem-B - Bummer (continued)

Alakazam vs Unown - ium

Shedinja vs Tentacruel - Vabolo

Machamp vs Gastly - RitterCat

Scrafty vs Deoxys-D - Remmy

Whismur vs Scrafty - Andrew (continued)

Sawk vs Hoothoot - brightobject

Hitmonlee vs Eevee - Cretacerus

Venipede vs Gothitelle - Bummer

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
for the Collaborations page

Sometimes, we can't do it alone. The same can be said for art, as the strong suits of one artist may not be what it takes to complete an image according to what they envisioned. Or maybe two artists just want to see what happens when both of them have a hand in the process. Either way, the <a href="/forums/threads/3457528/">Collaboration thread</a> exists for the purpose for calling other artists to help finish the job, or to show off the results when two fellow artisans fuse their powers. And if they're also of good quality we'll also feature them here!

Lineart by paintseagull, coloring by elcheeso

Sketch by soIheardyoulikeSentret, lineart and color by Zracknel

Sketch by Nastyjungle, lines by Zracknel

Sketch by Bummer, lineart by elcheeso, color and shading by paintseagull

Sketch by paintseagull, lineart by Bummer, color and shading by elcheeso

Sketch by elcheeso, lineart by paintseagull, colors and shading by Bummer

Lines by SnowPeaShooters, colors by Andrew

Lines by Falgaia, color by Nerina

Lines by Cheekers, color and shading by Bummer

Lineart by Demonic Pidgeon, colors by Bummer

Lines by Bummer, colors by SailorCosmos

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
for the Retypings page

One branch of experimenting all Pokemon fans eventually end up in is Retypings. Regardless of how cool certain Pokemon are, adding or changing a type can bring out some unrealised potential to species' concept, or at the very least, make it wicked cooler. That's the reason McGrr <a href="/forums/threads/45586">founded this thread</a>, and started things up with his Fire/Dark Exeggutor.

It didn't take long before other artists joined in, and while the thread (at the time of writing this) has lost a large part of its hype, plenty of good redesigns have been created in the shade of its wings. So in order to immortalise the efforts in the only way we can, the notable retypings are featured on this page.

Also, one of the <a href="/smeargle/contest/mac24">earlier themes for the Monthly Art Contest</a> was Retypings, so check out the winning entries for that contest as well.

Electric/Ghost Chandelure by myzterons

Ghost/Fire Jirachi by Yilx

Steel Ditto by Vabolo

Psychic/Bug Kricketune by Kukem

Steel/Fire Tyranitar by Cartoons!

Bug/Ground Aggron by Yilx

Electric Sceptile by pika

Fire Jumpluff by fossilhunter

Rock Haunter by fossilhunter

Fighting Victreebel by Cartoons!

Steel/Fire Omastar by CyzirVisheen

Fire/Steel Charizard by KoA

Steel/Dragon Flygon by scampy

Grass Electrode by TheMantyke

Electric/Steel Rotom-T (tank) by scampy

Ice Yanmega by CactuarJoe

Electric/Poison Rotom by CactuarJoe

Dark/Steel Jumpluff by CyzirVisheen

Ice Diglett by CyzirVisheen

Electric Torterra by Hen

Dark/Ghost Smeargle by Cartoons!

Poison Swampert by Cartoons!

Ice/Poison Wigglytuff by Cartoons!

Ghost/Fighting Emboar by BBritain

Water/Poison Nidoking by Bummer

Fairy/Dark Tentacruel by icepick

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
found a bunch of HTML errors and stuff to add so:
-added links of SFP art for: Creta, SailorCosmos, and Tiki
-made a couple of updates to /infoandfaq pages
-halfway through updating the /mac pages
-updated index
-updated /resources
-updated /gallery pages
-updated /gallery/specialevents

CSS sheet update:
-due to the high amount of usage, i made .leftspacing{margin-left:5%;} a class
-changed:
<link href="../stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> -> <link href="/smeargle/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> in all the pages i could

finishing the rest of MAC tomorrow and uploading the new pages on the weekend
(really wanna test a new design i have in mind to avoid the scrollfest)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Wrote stuff for our media page, gonna have an index for all of them and then keep a separate page for Studio Updates, Arterviews, JAP, and other articles. Will probably add these myself to the SCMS later.

[title]
Studio Updates

[head]
<link href="/smeargle/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<meta name="description" content="Studio Updates" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Studio Updates</h2>
<p>Ever since Smogon has had a platform to write about the state of its community, plenty of articles have been written with the intention of giving a brief overlook of what have happened in Smeargle's Studio, be in The Smog webzine or Smogon's Flying Press.</p>

<p>Any artist who had a good understanding about recent events in Smeargle's Studio or who's overall engaged in the art community could participate in writing a Studio Update, be it alone or co-writing with other artists. Alchemator was the first person to start this article series, at first as stand-alone articles to showcase some of the recent art made in the studio, which later evolved into coverage on recent art contests and other events taking place on the forums, or shortly introducing new aspiring artists.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue9/art_picks">June 16, 2010</a>
<a href="/smog/issue13/art_contest">December 20, 2010</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/smeargle">August 28, 2011</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/smeargle">October 30, 2011</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/smeargle">January 8, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/smeargle">March 15, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/smeargle">May 22, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue21/smeargle">August 18, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue23/smeargle">December 27th, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/smeargle">February 5th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue25/smeargle">March 4th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue27/smeargle">May 9th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue36/studio-update">September 29, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/smeargles-studio-update">November 15, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue38/smeargles-studio-update">December 18, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue42/smeargles-studio-update">May 12, 2015</a>
<a href="/articles/smeargle-studio-update">November 21, 2015</a>

<h2>Weekly Sprite Contest</h2>

<p>While now discontinued, Smeargle's Studio used to have a sprite contest each week, and the results were later compiled by Alchemator in the articles below.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue7/wsc">A History of the WSC</a>
<a href="/smog/issue8/wsc">A Continued History of the WSC</a>
<a href="/smog/issue9/wsc">Another History of the WSC</a>

[title]
Judge A Pokemon

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Judge A Pokemon" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Judge A Pokemon (JAP)</h2>

<p>We all like and dislike certain Pokemon designs, but it may not be easy to explain why. The Judge-A-Pokemon panels aimed to get to the bottom of their preferences and also specify their strong and weak points with each example.</p>

<p>Judge A Pokemon (JAP) first appeared in The Smog's 13th issue, where Chou Toshio, Alchemator, and Fatecrashers were the first panelists to disect the chosen designs. While JAP is first and foremost an article series that aims to look closer on Pokemon designs and deduce why some were successfuly while others weren't, it's also very light-hearted since everyone knows that the panelists can only offer their own subjective views on the matter, which thus affects the tone of the writing. Nevertheless, JAP has remained as a re-occuring article series even after The Smog webzine was discontinued, and has allowed artists and non-artists to air their concerns and praise of any Pokemon design put to the slate.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue13/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 1</a>
<a href="/smog/issue14/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 2</a>
<a href="/smog/issue15/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 3</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 4</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 5</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/art_panel">RBY Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/art_panel">GSC Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/art_panel">RSE Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue23/art_panel">DPP Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/art_panel">Pokemon with Intimidate</a>
<a href="/smog/issue28/art_panel">XY Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue31/jap">XY Megas</a>
<a href="/smog/issue33/art-panel">Ice types</a>
<a href="/smog/issue36/judge-a-pokemon">Legendary Birds</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Primals and Mega Rayquaza</a>
<a href="/smog/issue38/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Megas - Part 1</a>
<a href="/smog/issue39/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Megas - Part 2</a>
<a href="/smog/issue42/judge-a-pokemon">NeverUsed Pokemon</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-zygarde">Zygarde forms</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-hoopa">Hoopa forms</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-halloween">Grass/Ghost Designs</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-shedinja">Shedinja</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-magearna">Magearna</a>

[title]
Arterviews

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Arterviews" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Arterviews</h2>

<p>Mix art with interviews, and you get the name for a recurring series of interviews dedicated to some of the more notable artists within Smeargle's Studio! While the art badge is one way to show our appreciation for our artists' work, the arterview is another way to give notable artists their own spotlight and an opportunity to talk about themselves.</p>

<p>The first arterview was held by Alchemator, and since then, the main host have changed twice. The arterview is not something each artist is entitled to, so it boils down to how available the host is and if there's an active artist who'd be willing to be interviewed. That said, any artist should not feel discouraged if they haven't been interviewed yet and should definitely not see that as a sign of being less skilled as an artist. During the course of several years, a multitude of artists have been interviewed, so if you want to take a stroll along the studio's memory lane, all of the interviews are listed below.</p>

<h3>Hosted by Alchemator</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue15/arterview">Kinneas</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/arterview">Nastyjungle</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/arterview">Chou Toshio</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/arterview">paintseagull</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/arterview">Zracknel</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/arterview">az</a>

<h3>Hosted by ium</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue23/arterview">Volmise</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/arterview">RitterCat</a>
<a href="/smog/issue25/arterview">Birkal</a>
<a href="/smog/issue26/arterview">Bummer</a>

<h3>Hosted by Bummer</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue28/arterview">Yilx</a>
<a href="/smog/issue30/arterview">elcheeso</a>
<a href="/smog/issue32/arterview">Kadew</a>
<a href="/smog/issue33/arterview">Andrew</a>
<a href="/smog/issue34/arterview">Magistrum</a>
<a href="/smog/issue43/arterview">ZapDraws</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-brightobject">Brightobject</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-hellahellastyle">HellaHellaStyle</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-axl">aXl</a>

[title]
General Art Articles

[head]
<meta name="description" content="General Art Articles" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">General Art Articles</h2>

<p>Time and again there have been certain articles written for the benefit of the artist and sprite communities in Smeargles Studio, so if you want to hear some input given by some of our most talented artists, consider giving the below articles a look.</p>

<h3>General Art Advice</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue12/art">Art: What Is It?</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/toptips">Brushing Up On Your Skills: Top Tips!</a>

<h3>CAP/Fakemon Design Advice</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue12/art_cap">A ReCAP: Artistic Designs that Almost Made It</a>
<a href="/smog/issue31/fakemons">The Art of Fakemons</a>

<h3>Sprite Articles</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue8/spriting">An Introduction to Spriting</a>
<a href="/smog/issue9/spriting">Spriting Incognito – A Guide to Disguises</a>
<a href="/smog/issue10/spriting">Spriting Update (Guide: Pixel Overs)</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/sprite-leader">A Week or so in the Shoes of a Sprite Leader</a>

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
A bit more spacing between each suit ctaegory would be nice, but otherwise, phenomenal work. Thanks to both of you!

antoedit: will do that tonight :)
nvm i didn't do that last night lol. will do stuff now tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ant

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LifeisDANK:
HTML:
[title]
LifeisDANK

[head]
<link href="../stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: LifeisDANK" />

[page]
<h2>Who is LifeisDANK?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Smogon Biography</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/i-am-talent.3561863/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<h2 id="contribs">Contributions</h2>
<h3 class="section"><span>Smogon's Flying Press</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/articles/monotype-revamped" target="_blank">Monotype: The Revamp</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/pu-offense" target="_blank">Teambuilding in PU: Offense</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/ou-suspect-hoopa-unbound" target="_blank">ORAS OU Round 6 Suspect Coverage: Hoopa-Unbound</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/ru-suspect-durant" target="_blank">RU Stage 15 Suspect Coverage: Durant</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/pu-spotlight-rotom-f" target="_blank">PU Spotlight: Rotom-F</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/recent-uu-drops" target="_blank">Recent UU Drops</a></li>
</ul>

<h3 class="section"><span>Facebook</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154113730442390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Thundurus</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154169072937390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Sceptile</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154173877627390/" target="_blank">POTW: Pawniard</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154180869892390/" target="_blank">Throwback Thursday: Leads in RBY</a></li>
</ul>
Koumashiki:
HTML:
[title]
Koumashiki

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: Koumashiki" />

[page]
<h2>Who is Koumashiki?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/the-scarlet-devils-tea-house.3557312/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153958098827390/" target="_blank">POTW: Sceptile</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153970052427390/" target="_blank">Art Showcase: Koumashiki</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154034788622390/" target="_blank">POTW: Gardevoir</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154052793912390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Togekiss</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154136277187390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Audino</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154151407977390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Salamence</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154188046762390/" target="_blank">POTW: Klefki</a></li>
</ul>
bubblymaika:
HTML:
[title]
bubblymaika

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: bubblymaika" />

[page]
<h2>Who is bubblymaika?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/bubbles-is-starting-an-art-thread.3556767/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153781290252390/" target="_blank">Art Showcase: Bubblymaika</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153808419557390/" target="_blank">POTW: Medicham</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153908729982390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Mawile</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154007094047390/" target="_blank">POTW: Excadrill</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154110168667390/" target="_blank">POTW: Victreebel</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154133402302390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Kingdra</a></li>
</ul>
monomite:
HTML:
[title]
monomite

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: monomite" />

[page]
<h2>Who is monomite?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/monomites-art-thread.3546667/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153648762587390/" target="_blank">POTW: Houndoom</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153758007142390/" target="_blank">POTW: Braviary</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153796991062390/" target="_blank">POTW: Suicune</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153936596267390/" target="_blank">Throwback Thursday: Articuno in RBY</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153966901087390/" target="_blank">Throwback Thursday: Lapras in RBY</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10154116657032390/" target="_blank">POTW: Dragonite<a></li>
</ul>
That should be all of 'em!

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Very sorry for not thanking you for that earlier, great initiative. bubblymaika , LifeisDANK , Koumashiki , monomite , it'd be very nice if you could write a small paragraph about yourselves if you have the time, the space for each artist is yours to talk about yourselves. :)

Currently on vacation from work so I have time on my hands, but I'm no HTML wizard, so everything I've written previously is beyond my hands. However, I'm down for doing menial tasks and uploading images, so if you guys can provide me with the templates you want to see used for the pages, I can fill in the blanks. Paging anto , Snobalt , Rhythms since you've contributed here so far, but any other HTMLper (get it? Like Helper? I'm a genius) is free to join our case.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I currently lack a computer, but my brother's been letting me use his, i only need to download an HTML editor. I gotta finish the other special event pages, so hopefully I'll make progress this weekend!

Reactions: rs

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
This sounds fun! do i just answer the things in that text thats like "
Who is LifeisDANK?, Smogon Biography,Art preferences?"

Reactions: Mq

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Yay I got some spare time so here's some text for my profile! >w<

Who is Koumashiki?

Hi there! I’m Koumashiki, but you can just refer me as Shiki (sometimes people call me Kou too). I’m just a normal Vietnamese high school student who hates math and draws as a hobby, though also dreams to become a professional illustrator. I guess it should take a long time, because I still cannot draw environment very well…

Oh, my favourite Pokemon game must be Sapphire/Emerald, because nostalgia is a thing.

Smogon Biography

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, though I played it when generation IV has already been there for a while, and never got into Pokemon that much. A long time later, around late 2014, I started to gain interest in Pokemon, partly because there’s this guy in my class has a 3DS with Pokemon Y, and I thought “wow the new Pokemon game looks cool”. The next year, I got a 3DS as a birthday gift, and eventually knew of Smogon thanks to having nothing left to do with Alpha Sapphire’s postgame.

I lurked Smogon for quite a few months, before finally registered a forum account in November, going with the name Scarlet Tea. During the M-Sableye/Shadow Tag suspect test, I had an RMT thread, which receive some positive feedbacks, so I assume it was a decent team. I felt flattered, and the urge to become a skilled competitive player becomes greater… or so I thought… Exams got me, I had to quit playing for a month, and when I came back, I completely lost interest in battling.

During that same time, I also had an art thread opened, and was quickly to become an approved artist (thanks Bummer!). After losing interest in battling, I found that Smogon needs art contributors, and I really enjoyed drawing Pokemon, so why not become a contributor instead? That’s what kept me around Smogon until today.

I still spend time to stalk the OU and UU forum and catching up with some news. Of all honesty, I like how Smogon metagames work, I just couldn’t push myself to do serious battling. I might be able to do that when generation VII comes… Maybe…

Art Preferences

I’m mostly a digital artist, and my best pal in my drawing adventure is this tiny Wacom Intuos CTH-480. As of the time this was written, I’ve been rocking with this pal for over one and a half year! The main program I’m using is Clip Studio Paint, which is also a super awesome program! (and there are sales often too)

My art thread - Gets updated every once in a while.
My DeviantArt - I'm on here most of the time.
My tumblr - Because tumblr.
My pixiv - Pixiv is a pretty nice community, but you might need to know a bit Japanese.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
deleted post above because i dont wanna double post, but i implemented Quite Quiet's new script where pictures look small butu they're zoomed in on click!
this was done with the card project and implemented it on 13ulbasaur's profile and koumashiki's profile so far :)

http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/profiles/13ulbasaur
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/profiles/koumashiki
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/project/carddeck

updating all the other profiles as well! enjoyyyy and thank QQ

edit: did all!, doing the rest sections at some point

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/miscellaneous/retypings
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/project/carddeck
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/miscellaneous/tournament
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/miscellaneous/workshop
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/miscellaneous/collaborations

i own Bummer's soul now
only missing free for all

lf: suggestions or anything!

A bit more spacing between each suit ctaegory would be nice, but otherwise, phenomenal work. Thanks to both of you!

antoedit: will do that tonight :)
nvm i didn't do that last night lol. will do stuff now tho
finally did that lol

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
i own Bummer's soul now
I'm afraid you do, looks awesome. But like I said, if there's any braindead work to be done, like adding the text and uploading images, I can do that as long as there's a template for me to follow. Looking forward to earning that soul back by illustrating onsite articles.

Reactions: ant

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i just noticed that my PROFILE does not exist because i am too lazy for my own good. time to change this

its like 5am so my apologies for the incoherence of this

Who is fx?!

HELLO WORLD. My name is fx (or f(x) or faxxifer or whatever the kids call me these days) and I am an aspiring student artist from California. I started drawing, like really DRAWING, about 6 years ago as a mere hobby however my current youthful prime obligates me to have a life plan, so that plan is to branch out into the institutionalized learning of 2D animation. But I'm actually enjoying my time working in fast food, so we'll see about that.

When I'm not drawing, you can find me tending to my cute carnivorous plants or mourning the death of said plants. :(

The Smogon Years

I joined Smogon in the summer of 2014, and it was around then that I came across Smeargle Studio and The Player. Like many, I didn't really like posting my art but I figured not a lot could go wrong. People were incredibly kind and their kind words further motivated me to join the Player as an artist. It was through these contributions and several others that I recieved my art badge! I also became a moderator for the Player, so that's pretty neat. Today I am mostly retired from this excruciating work, but I like to post art still so check me out!

Art Preferences

My subject matter usually consists of creatures and females, but I LOVE drawing Pokemon too. I mostly doodle monsters in a sketchbook but for more serious works I always go digital. Technical wise, I use a small Wacom Intuos Pro 4 with programs like Photoshop CC, Manga Studio, and Paint Tool SAI. When I absolutely have to do something traditionally, I rely on my rather modest collection of Copic Markers.

TOTALLY throwing this out there but I plan on upgrading my tablet to a Cintiq 13HD soon but if anyone wants to speed up the buying process, just head my way ;)

Relevant Links

um some of these are kinda big if someone wants to resize if not ill do it when i get home today

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
i just noticed that my PROFILE does not exist because i am too lazy for my own good. time to change this

its like 5am so my apologies for the incoherence of this

Who is fx?!

HELLO WORLD. My name is fx (or f(x) or faxxifer or whatever the kids call me these days) and I am an aspiring student artist from California. I started drawing, like really DRAWING, about 6 years ago as a mere hobby however my current youthful prime obligates me to have a life plan, so that plan is to branch out into the institutionalized learning of 2D animation. But I'm actually enjoying my time working in fast food, so we'll see about that.

When I'm not drawing, you can find me tending to my cute carnivorous plants or mourning the death of said plants. :(

The Smogon Years

I joined Smogon in the summer of 2014, and it was around then that I came across Smeargle Studio and The Player. Like many, I didn't really like posting my art but I figured not a lot could go wrong. People were incredibly kind and their kind words further motivated me to join the Player as an artist. It was through these contributions and several others that I recieved my art badge! I also became a moderator for the Player, so that's pretty neat. Today I am mostly retired from this excruciating work, but I like to post art still so check me out!

Art Preferences

My subject matter usually consists of creatures and females, but I LOVE drawing Pokemon too. I mostly doodle monsters in a sketchbook but for more serious works I always go digital. Technical wise, I use a small Wacom Intuos Pro 4 with programs like Photoshop CC, Manga Studio, and Paint Tool SAI. When I absolutely have to do something traditionally, I rely on my rather modest collection of Copic Markers.

TOTALLY throwing this out there but I plan on upgrading my tablet to a Cintiq 13HD soon but if anyone wants to speed up the buying process, just head my way ;)

Relevant Links

I'll do this

Reactions: fx

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
would you look at that, i did more
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/contest/smashbros

double posting cause
Wrote stuff for our media page, gonna have an index for all of them and then keep a separate page for Studio Updates, Arterviews, JAP, and other articles. Will probably add these myself to the SCMS later.

[title]
Studio Updates

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Studio Updates" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Studio Updates</h2>
<p>Ever since Smogon has had a platform to write about the state of its community, plenty of articles have been written with the intention of giving a brief overlook of what have happened in Smeargle's Studio, be in The Smog webzine or Smogon's Flying Press.</p>

<p>Any artist who had a good understanding about recent events in Smeargle's Studio or who's overall engaged in the art community could participate in writing a Studio Update, be it alone or co-writing with other artists. Alchemator was the first person to start this article series, at first as stand-alone articles to showcase some of the recent art made in the studio, which later evolved into coverage on recent art contests and other events taking place on the forums, or shortly introducing new aspiring artists.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue9/art_picks">June 16, 2010</a>
<a href="/smog/issue13/art_contest">December 20, 2010</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/smeargle">August 28, 2011</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/smeargle">October 30, 2011</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/smeargle">January 8, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/smeargle">March 15, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/smeargle">May 22, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue21/smeargle">August 18, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue23/smeargle">December 27th, 2012</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/smeargle">February 5th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue25/smeargle">March 4th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue27/smeargle">May 9th, 2013</a>
<a href="/smog/issue36/studio-update">September 29, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/smeargles-studio-update">November 15, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue38/smeargles-studio-update">December 18, 2014</a>
<a href="/smog/issue42/smeargles-studio-update">May 12, 2015</a>
<a href="/articles/smeargle-studio-update">November 21, 2015</a>

<h2>Weekly Sprite Contest</h2>

<p>While now discontinued, Smeargle's Studio used to have a sprite contest each week, and the results were later compiled by Alchemator in the articles below.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue7/wsc">A History of the WSC</a>
<a href="/smog/issue8/wsc">A Continued History of the WSC</a>
<a href="/smog/issue9/wsc">Another History of the WSC</a>

[title]
Judge A Pokemon

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Judge A Pokemon" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Judge A Pokemon (JAP)</h2>

<p>We all like and dislike certain Pokemon designs, but it may not be easy to explain why. The Judge-A-Pokemon panels aimed to get to the bottom of their preferences and also specify their strong and weak points with each example.</p>

<p>Judge A Pokemon (JAP) first appeared in The Smog's 13th issue, where Chou Toshio, Alchemator, and Fatecrashers were the first panelists to disect the chosen designs. While JAP is first and foremost an article series that aims to look closer on Pokemon designs and deduce why some were successfuly while others weren't, it's also very light-hearted since everyone knows that the panelists can only offer their own subjective views on the matter, which thus affects the tone of the writing. Nevertheless, JAP has remained as a re-occuring article series even after The Smog webzine was discontinued, and has allowed artists and non-artists to air their concerns and praise of any Pokemon design put to the slate.</p>

<a href="/smog/issue13/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 1</a>
<a href="/smog/issue14/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 2</a>
<a href="/smog/issue15/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 3</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 4</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/art_panel">BW Pokemon - Part 5</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/art_panel">RBY Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/art_panel">GSC Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/art_panel">RSE Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue23/art_panel">DPP Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/art_panel">Pokemon with Intimidate</a>
<a href="/smog/issue28/art_panel">XY Pokemon</a>
<a href="/smog/issue31/jap">XY Megas</a>
<a href="/smog/issue33/art-panel">Ice types</a>
<a href="/smog/issue36/judge-a-pokemon">Legendary Birds</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Primals and Mega Rayquaza</a>
<a href="/smog/issue38/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Megas - Part 1</a>
<a href="/smog/issue39/judge-a-pokemon">ORAS Megas - Part 2</a>
<a href="/smog/issue42/judge-a-pokemon">NeverUsed Pokemon</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-zygarde">Zygarde forms</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-hoopa">Hoopa forms</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-halloween">Grass/Ghost Designs</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-shedinja">Shedinja</a>
<a href="/articles/jap-magearna">Magearna</a>

[title]
Arterviews

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Arterviews" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">Arterviews</h2>

<p>Mix art with interviews, and you get the name for a recurring series of interviews dedicated to some of the more notable artists within Smeargle's Studio! While the art badge is one way to show our appreciation for our artists' work, the arterview is another way to give notable artists their own spotlight and an opportunity to talk about themselves.</p>

<p>The first arterview was held by Alchemator, and since then, the main host have changed twice. The arterview is not something each artist is entitled to, so it boils down to how available the host is and if there's an active artist who'd be willing to be interviewed. That said, any artist should not feel discouraged if they haven't been interviewed yet and should definitely not see that as a sign of being less skilled as an artist. During the course of several years, a multitude of artists have been interviewed, so if you want to take a stroll along the studio's memory lane, all of the interviews are listed below.</p>

<h3>Hosted by Alchemator</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue15/arterview">Kinneas</a>
<a href="/smog/issue16/arterview">Nastyjungle</a>
<a href="/smog/issue17/arterview">Chou Toshio</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/arterview">paintseagull</a>
<a href="/smog/issue19/arterview">Zracknel</a>
<a href="/smog/issue20/arterview">az</a>

<h3>Hosted by ium</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue23/arterview">Volmise</a>
<a href="/smog/issue24/arterview">RitterCat</a>
<a href="/smog/issue25/arterview">Birkal</a>
<a href="/smog/issue26/arterview">Bummer</a>

<h3>Hosted by Bummer</h3>
<a href="/smog/issue28/arterview">Yilx</a>
<a href="/smog/issue30/arterview">elcheeso</a>
<a href="/smog/issue32/arterview">Kadew</a>
<a href="/smog/issue33/arterview">Andrew</a>
<a href="/smog/issue34/arterview">Magistrum</a>
<a href="/smog/issue43/arterview">ZapDraws</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-brightobject">Brightobject</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-hellahellastyle">HellaHellaStyle</a>
<a href="/articles/arterview-axl">aXl</a>

[title]
General Art Articles

[head]
<meta name="description" content="General Art Articles" />

[page]
<h2 style="display:none;">General Art Articles</h2>

<p>Time and again there have been certain articles written for the benefit of the artist and sprite communities in Smeargles Studio, so if you want to hear some input given by some of our most talented artists, consider giving the below articles a look.</p>

<h3>General Art Advice</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue12/art">Art: What Is It?</a>
<a href="/smog/issue18/toptips">Brushing Up On Your Skills: Top Tips!</a>

<h3>CAP/Fakemon Design Advice</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue12/art_cap">A ReCAP: Artistic Designs that Almost Made It</a>
<a href="/smog/issue31/fakemons">The Art of Fakemons</a>

<h3>Sprite Articles</h3>

<a href="/smog/issue8/spriting">An Introduction to Spriting</a>
<a href="/smog/issue9/spriting">Spriting Incognito – A Guide to Disguises</a>
<a href="/smog/issue10/spriting">Spriting Update (Guide: Pixel Overs)</a>
<a href="/smog/issue37/sprite-leader">A Week or so in the Shoes of a Sprite Leader</a>
was this ever done bummer

edit: more http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/contest/redesigns

http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/santa/2010
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/santa/2011
http://www.smogon.com/smeargle/gallery/specialevents/santa/2012

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)