Other I'm a noob

Help a noob out!

• Total voters
Recently my friend introduced me to pokemon showdown and I've been having fun. Until he wanted to stop playing random matches, at first I made two awesome teams that were made by earlier experiences from playing the game on my ds.(And my new found respect for certain pokemon from random battles.) However later he built team just to screw with my teams, and I tried countering it, and the teams I made would work perfectly on random people but I would always find a huge problem with my team that I didn't notice before. I would scrap the team and try a different approach but now I've run out of ideas which isn't alot for a noob. For example I only now that 8 strengths and weaknesses all together. So I usually end up having to look it up. Anyway here's the team.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Tail
Ok so lucario has been the in all of my teams and is also my favorite pokemon since brawl so I put him in as one of my sweepers. He's the only pokemon I have against fairies which haven't been showing up as it used to, and after a sword dance he 1TKO anything and even without it I can expect a 2TKO. I gave him the setup I saw in random battle except for the two moves thunder punch instead of ice punch(because nobody expects it and is my secondary water counter.) and iron tail which hits harder than bullet punch, however it's slower.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Baton Pass
So I originally had umbreon which had the same moveset, but I gave him flash cause he could take a hit be people kept quitting so I made vaporeon my new healer, also helps that he could dish out some damage. Vaporeon is laterally my only solid water protection, with his water absorb ability. I gave him the usual wish, protect and scald but I'm thinking about changing baton pass to something else.

Ninjask @ BrightPowder
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Bug Buzz
Here is my lead Ninjask, nuff said. He's ability speed boost is guaranteed to come into effect since I have protect, which can then be given to my slower pokemon. He's flying bug typing is alittle worrying but because of that i get stab on my bug buzz. Which comes in handy if I'm facing a grass type. Sword dance is just an added bonus when I know I'll live and can switch out and pass it along to sweep teams.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Another sweeper on the team. I use multiscale to my advantage and get a dragon dance in and with weakness policy I end up with 3x attack which is helpful. He's also my only dragon check, so if he goes down and a dragon comes out I'm usually gg-ing in the chat room and try to take out as many pokemon as I can before they realise I have no ice moves.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
He's one of my walls, but I usually use him after ninjask built up some speed. And try and take out some pokemon if I know he'll die anyway.I gave him rock polish just incase Ninjask is dead. While also giving him Out rage because of damage, although you could use it on dragons but he never last long enough to get the finishing blow.

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch
Same thing as tyrantrum so he's also a wall but I use him more because of the coverage he has. Sucker punch has priority and can revenge kill. Wild charge for flying, and any water slower than him if I'm sure it'll kill. And last but not least superpower and firebiltz for stab moves

So if there's anything you can add to help feel free to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Kidwes , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Reopened!

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Your Ninjask set could use some tweaking.
Focus Sash>Bright Powder. BrightPowder is terrible because it usually doesn't work. Sash guarantees that you can live through a hit. Also, X-Scissor>Bug Buzz. Ninjask has barely any Special Attack, and X-Scissor plays off its much higher (often Swords Dance-boosted) Attack.
Tyranitar - Dragon Claw>Outrage because a Fairy like Azumarill or Sylveon can stop it cold, even with boosts. You might also want Dragon Dance > Rock Polish because the power difference really matters.
That's all I have! Good luck with your team :)

Your Ninjask set could use some tweaking.
Focus Sash>Bright Powder. BrightPowder is terrible because it usually doesn't work. Sash guarantees that you can live through a hit. Also, X-Scissor>Bug Buzz. Ninjask has barely any Special Attack, and X-Scissor plays off its much higher (often Swords Dance-boosted) Attack.
Tyranitar - Dragon Claw>Outrage because a Fairy like Azumarill or Sylveon can stop it cold, even with boosts. You might also want Dragon Dance > Rock Polish because the power difference really matters.
That's all I have! Good luck with your team :)
Thanks man I didn't get a message from yahoo so this is a little late..... By alot, but I have made some difference to the team. While I was waiting for a reply I figured I would do some battles, change up the team and post what I changed today.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Tail

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Infernape
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Endeavor

I will do the tyranitar dragon dance set, cause it does sound better than my idea.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wait, hold on. You're describing Tyrantrum in your sets, but the picture is of Tyranitar, a different Pokémon. I'm guessing that you mean Tyrantrum because the set looks more accurate, but I got confused a little, lol. Both of them can learn Dragon Dance, though, so that's good.

I had changed it from
Wait, hold on. You're describing Tyrantrum in your sets, but the picture is of Tyranitar, a different Pokémon. I'm guessing that you mean Tyrantrum because the set looks more accurate, but I got confused a little, lol. Both of them can learn Dragon Dance, though, so that's good.
I had change it from Tyranitar to Tyrantrum but I forgot to fix it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)