Walrus I like media - Won by Blazade

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
7th place
RODAN
Marc Anthony - I Need to Know

I like Marc Anthony, and I like this song. It gets my foot tapping and head bobbing along to the beat, which isn't something that a lot of slower music like this is able to do. In fact, it defies everything that I thought I knew about my taste in slower music, and it holds up really well.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
5th place
LightWolf
T-Pistonz+KMC - Jounetsu de Mune ATSU!

I have a lot of nostalgia for Inazuma Eleven, and I love almost every T-Pistonz+KMC song. It holds my attention throughout and retains the sound that I love this band for. Also this is in the latin style fuck you RODAN.

Last edited:

Martin

3rd place
Sam-testings
Shakira - Suerte

This is another Shakira song that really clicks with me. Between its addictive riff and its really cool sound, this song really gets me going as I listen and keeps my interest pulled into the song. Hell, I found myself shifting left and right on my seat as I listened, and I couldn't stop myself coming back for more.

Martin

2nd place
P2X7
Xavia Cugat - Perfida

This has a familiar feel to it which I like; that's probably explained by its age, but it's an extremely lovely piece of melodic latin instrumental. I can't help but sway as I listen to it.

Martin

16th place
Sam-testings
Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture (Finale) [V for Vendetta]
There's a reason why this is such iconic classical music. Not the greatest piece of music ever, but still sounds really solid for the most part. The use of bells throughout is also really cool until it begins to do your head in. Oh, also it is a piece of music which doesn't know how to fucking end, so I've gotta mark it down for that too.

Martin

13th place
Jalmont
Arai Yumi - Hikoukigumo [The Wind Rises]
Yumi Matsutoya (松任谷 由実 Matsutōya Yumi, born January 19, 1954), nicknamed Yuming (ユーミン Yūmin), is a Japanese singer, composer, lyricist and pianist. She is renowned for her idiosyncratic voice, and live performances, and is an important figure in Japanese popular music.[1]

Her recording career has been commercially successful with more than 42 million records sold.[2] In 1990, her album The Gates of Heaven became the first album to be certified "2x million" by the RIAJ,[3] and she has had twenty-one #1 albums listed on the Oricon charts.[2] She is the only artist to have at least one number-one album every year on the Oricon charts for 18 consecutive years.[4]

After gaining several years of experience as a session musician, she debuted as a singer-songwriter in 1972. During her early career, she worked under her birth name Yumi Arai (荒井 由実 Arai Yumi). In 1975, Arai became known as a composer for "Ichigo Hakusho wo Mou Ichido", a commercially successful song recorded by the folk duo BanBan. She also gained popularity as a vocalist in the same year, through the success of "Ano Hi ni Kaeritai" that became her first number-one spot on the Japan's Oricon Charts.

After marrying her musical collaborator Masataka Matsutoya in 1976, Arai began recording under her married name and has continued to do so. Throughout the 1980s, Matsutoya's music was prominently featured in advertisements for Mitsubishi Motors in her native Japan and her image was used to promote their vehicles. In addition to multiple hit singles, she has obtained enormous commercial success on the Japanese Albums Chart, particularly during the late 1980s and the first half of the 1990s.

Martin

12th place
Da Letter El
Kavinsky - Nightcall [Drive]
This grew on me as the song played on. It isn't anything spectactular, but it keeps me interested throughout despite being as slow as it is. I can't explain what it is about this song that makes me like it, so I'll just leave it at that.

Martin

8th place
KnightsofCydonia
Cake - Short Skirt Long Jacket [Chuck; Waitress]
The backing is good. Really gets my foot tapping and gets my head nodding. In fact, the backing is good to the point that it allows me to mostly forgive the fact it's all sung on the same note. This is a perfect example of how everything about my taste is really inconsistent btw. That said, the vocal line does get a bit grating for that very reason, even if I am able to forgive it.

Martin

7th place
Myzozoa
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand [Peaky Blinders; The X-Files]
When I watched Peaky Blinders, this song always really stuck out to me to not only be a perfect fit for the show, but also as a really enjoyable record. Whether it be the eerie whistling later on or the brutal vocals or whatever else, it stands up as a good song. Oh also the subject matter is great. The only issue is that it goes on for 6 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)