ORAS PU I hurt my neck and am high on painkillers, a PU team made by Benny

The doctor said it's just a muscle spasm and I'm gonna be okay. So that's nice. I may fall asleep while writing this. I've never made a RMT before but I've been working on this team for a few days while my neck has healed. I think I would be better at this game if I could move my neck properly. I don't know how to make the pokemon pictures come up so I'll just make spaces so you can see where they are.

(picture of whirlipede)

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Whirlipede is my lead. He comes in to set up hazards and die, and he's very good at both of those missions. Protect to get a speed boost, and both Spikes flavors to use depending on the team. The goal is to get up one of each layer, unless I"m facing a poison type, in which case I'll double up on regular Spikes. Endeavor comes immediately after using the Focus Sash. One time a few hours ago I faced a Slaking lead and I just protected on the turns when he wanted to attacked and set up hazards when he was loafing around. Got all five spikes layers up. I was laughing really hard and then Mommy came in to make sure I was okay. Not because of the painkillers, that's something I'd laugh at anyway. I'm 17.

(picture of simipour)

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick

The water monkey with weird looking hair fur is next. Simipour is lightning quick, except he's a water type so he's not really lightning. He comes in early and hurts people. Hydro Pump is the obvious STAB move. I try to save Knock Off for when I really need it because most people don't expect it. Kadabra/Grunpig/Hypno switch-ins are common and I think they all get 1HKOd by it but I'm not very smart at Pokemon so I don't know. Grass Knot and Low Kick are good coverage moves and fit in with the theme of having move names with two words in them. I'm really bad at talking about Pokemon, I'm sorry.

(picture of misdreavus)

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

I'm really not sure if I like Misdreavus all that much. Shadow Ball is very useful and Dazzling Gleam murks Dragons, but so does Regice below. It also walls fighting types that make Regice scared, unless they kave Knock Off, which I'm still not sure what to do with. Honestly, I can never find a good time to get Misdreavus in the game. But it can Taunt, which helps a lot, and IF I have time to set up a Nasty Plot, it can do some good attacking. I like it, but I don't like like it, because that would be weird, but to each their own. I'm probably just not experienced enough with it, but I don't know what else I can put in its place that would do its job. I keep wanting to type "she" for Misdreavus. Probably because it sounds like Miss Dreavus. That would be an interesting name for a substitute teacher. Last week we had a substitute math teacher and she spent the whole period crocheting a basket. It looked nice. Math is hard.

(picture of regice)

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Can we discuss something? I believe Regice should be pronounced with three syllables. Reg-ee-rock, reg-ee-steel, reg-ice? Not in my America. Anyway, this thing is really cold and pointy and dangerous. With a Rock Polish and max Speed it's ridiculously fast. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are good clean fun, as BEam is STAB and Thunderbolt scares off bulky Waters that would otherwise wall the poor guy. Focus blast hits like 20 percent of the time but when it hits, it HITS. I wish Regice was red, white, and blue. I would call it Regifreedom.

(picture of armaldo)

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I used to have Probopass here but I wanted a spinner instead of a pivot. Armaldo also has Knock Off, which may surprise those of you who saw Knock Off earlier. Well, Armaldo doesn't care if it has a move another Pokemon has. You could wear the same prom dress as Armaldo and it would make you go home and change, because Armaldo doesn't listen to the haters. Armaldo destroys spinblockers with Knockoff and eviscerates its enemies with Stone Edge. Earthquakes are dangerous. Am I doing this right? Please don't hate me if I'm not doing this right. I'm having trouble moving my neck. Please be nice to me.

(picture of rapidash)

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Rapidash is a horse with FLAMES COMING OUT OF ITS BODY. It switches into Fire-types that threaten Regifreedom and toasts their ass with Wild Charge. Flare Blitz is the hardest hitting move on the team if I recall. Will-O-Wisp is another status option if toxic spikes get removed, and Morning Sun keeps Rapidash around if needed for long periods of time. I'm very unsure about Charcoal vs Life Orb because I like a strong Wild Charge but I also don't like recoil.

Threats

neck injuries

my own stupidity and inexperience

other things that people will tell me are dangerous

better players of pokemon

please don't hurt me, i'm very scared that people won't like me and will judge me because i'm not so good at making an rmt and i don't know a lot about competitive pokemon sorry

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Speed rate incoming

This seems like a pretty decent HO team, the issues I see mostly stem from a lack of speed control, so anything faster than your offensive threats is automatically a problem. The first thing I'll recommend right off the bad is changing Whirlipede, at the very least to venipede. Due to its faster speed venipede beats a few relevant threats after a protect before they can encore or taunt it, making it the superior option always. However, I'm going to recommend changing your spinner, and in doing so making you a little more hazard weak, so if you feel you really need hazards off of the field, try a suicide lead quilladin, which comes with spikes but also taunt. The second thing I think you need is a faster spread on Misdreavus. By running max speed modest, you can beat Stoutland, Gabite and Monferno, Gabite and Monferno in particular standing out as offensive threats against your team. The analysis speed is just outdated.

As far as more significant changes go, fast stuff like Floatzel and Zebstrika just put a ton of pressure on you, especially without a scarfer. Running a Choice Scarf Simipour over your current variant gives you still a decent amount of offensive power but also can lure some annoying threats and gives you that scarfer utility. Ice Beam and Hidden Power Electric would be the preferred options over Low Kick and Grass Knot here, Ice coverage is essential for grass types and HP electric hits Pelipper and Swanna while not being weight reliant like grass knot. Finally, I really don't agree with the use of spin Armaldo here. You don't need a spinner, you pressure opposing SR setters a ton and I just feel like it's a waste. Running dual rock polish users can put a lot of pressure on opposing teams to handle both, and could fight pretty nicely over your current set. It makes up for Armaldo's really low speed and general lack of purpose on an offensive team, but still keeps it as a nice check to most physical attackers in general and turns it into a floatzel lure for rapidash. I think these changes should help optimize your team while keeping the general structure intact.

Venipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor
or
Quilladin @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
- Endeavor

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Knock Off

Armaldo @ Passho Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

I didn't know that Venipede was faster then Whirlipede, especially given that Whirlipede is a wheel and wheels usually go fast. I think I can handle hazards to be honest, so I'll try Venipede and that should make things easier. I can see where you're coming from with your other two suggestions, and I'm going to try them out. I really appreciate that Armaldo still knows a move another Pokemon on my team does, so my prom dress story remains intact. That makes me feel happy inside.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team!

Firstly, I completely agree with Megazard to change Simipours set to Life Orb. It can outspeed and KO big threats like opposing RP Regice and Gorebyss, which your team really appreciates. However, you might want to try Superpower over Knock Off on that set as Regice is a very big threat if Stealth Rocks are up. Megazard summed up why its useful well, so I dont have much to add to that.

Next, I think you should try Tank Relicanth over Armaldo. Being your main Nomral-resist (missy gets beaten by scrappy), Armaldo is heavily pressured especcially because it is Stealth Rock weak and fairly frail. Tank Relicanth will provide you with a Stealth Rock user, which can help weaken Pokemon for Regice to sweep, for example it puts Politoed in range of Thunderbolt if one layer of Spikes are set up. Relicanth can pressure Defog users in the same way as Armaldo does, while checking Flying-types like Dodrio more reliably, which is are big threats to any Spikes based team. Rapid Spin also isn't crucial for your team, as outside of Armaldo you only have 2 Stealth Rock weak Pokemon, and one has recovery (this isn't bad for PU considering Rapid Spin users are mostly overshined in pretty much every other way). Now you have a sturdier Pawniard check, you might want to consider running Megahorn on Rapidash over Will-o-Wisp, as this change has made your team slightly weaker to Grumpig and Megahorn lures it which also helps Regice.

Another change you might like would be Offensive Roselia over Misdreavus. You said that you don't find Misdreavus too useful, which I can imagine considering this is an offensive metagame and Misdreavus is slow so can be overwhelmed. Roselia has more of an offensive presence as unboosted Roselia Leaf Storm hits almost as hard as Misdreavus's boosted Shadow Ball. Roselia also provides a more reliable resist to Water- and Electric-type, which your team really needs as Floatzel and Electrode/Zebstrika can outspeed and KO a lot of your team.

Venipede vs Whirlipede is a subjective thing as the things Venipede beats have dropped in usage (like taunt Simipour), and Whirlipede's bulk can be helpful vs Golem. Personally I prefer Venipede as outspeed Kadabra at +1 is always helpful, but you should use whatever you prefer.

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Relicanth @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Rapidash
Will-o-Wisp -> Megahorn

Hope your neck heals n_n

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey BennyBXB
I'll jump straight to the point, the main issue I see with this team is that running a suicide lead such as Whirlipede along with a sweeper like Regice, which is weak to Stealth Rock, can be stomped into the ground by offensive pressure, and NEEDS entry hazard removal that isn't crappy Rapid Spin users, isn't really good nowadays, as offensive teams are everywhere. So I suggest you to replace Whirlipede with Roselia, which I think is the best choice to make, given that Whirlipede is kind of passive too and makes you even weaker to setup users, as you also lack a revenge killer, but we'll go over that later. Replacing Whirlipede with Roselia sacrifices a bit of offensivity and momentum, but that's a change to make in order to rightfully support Regice. Roselia is way more durable than Whirlipede, and will allow you to run a Defog user too, as you will be able to set up Spikes in various stages of the game, not only early. Roselia also provides you a more solid check for Water-types, as Simipour can't even soft check them, and can be an useful resource against Electric-types such as Zebstrika, that outspeed your whole team and can deal cumulative serious damage to it, unless you switch Regice on them, which is your win condition, therefore not optimal. Roselia can also run Sleep Powder, which can help you setting up Rock Polish with Regice.

After that, replace Misdreavus with Swanna, and I'll explain you why you should make this change. The whole point of replacing Whirlipede with Roselia was to have a more durable Spikes setter, to allow you the use of a Defog user to keep Regice healthy and support him in not getting pressured to death. Swanna embodies all of that, as it is a valid Defog user, which can also check Fighting-types(I want to note that Misdreavus isn't that good of a Fighting-types check anyway, so it's an improvement on that side too), and still give to your team an high damage output, which is the reason I suggested Swanna instead of Pelipper, I suppose you want to have an offensive build. Swanna can also further wear down the foes with Scald, and the burns can be really helpful to find more setup chances with Regice.
Now that you have a Defog user, you don't need to run Rapid Spin on Armaldo, and replace it with Stealth Rock, as you lack a Stealth Rock user. Stealth Rock will be fundamental in wearing down foes and butter them up for a Regice clean.

Last but not least, you need a revengekiller. In an offensive metagame such as this one, where setup users such as Monferno reign supreme, you have to run a revengekiller, especially when building an offensive team by yourself. As you now have Swanna, which gives you another insurance against Fire-types, you can now replace Rapidash with a revengekiller such as Kadabra or Mr. Mime. These two guys are excellent revengekillers right now, remember Kadabra has to run Focus Sash. These two give you another hand against setup users, and when faring against Fighting-types, if Swanna perishes. While Kadabra can run Encore and facilitate Regice in setting up Rock Polish, Mr. Mime can heal up Regice back up to full health using Healing Wish, and can further help you revengekilling things such as Zebstrika, where Kadabra fails due to being slower, so here Mr. Mime it's the better choice to opt for imo.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis / Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting / Thunder Wave
- Encore

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)