How to trade effectively without game chat: The smeargle messenger

Not sure if i've been living under a rock for the longest time or they just added the capability to trade with random strangers this generation. anyways i've been having alot of trouble with trading without game chat cuz i cant tell them i want something or dont want something and would often end up in dog chase trying to look for pokemon that they are offering in my massive box to show them i already have it and have to go through alot of trouble to somehow let them know i dont want a pokemon. anyways i have came up with this method to make communication a bit more easier and i call it the Smeargle messenger trade technique.

Smergle messenger trade technique:
The smergle messenger trade technique is quite simple, you get a bunch of smergle (or any other pokemon but smergle makes the most sense cuz it's got a brush in hand so it makes sense that it would be a messenger) and name them in the following convention: yes i want (or something similar), i dont want (or something similar), already have (or something similar), etc and you can build a bunch of smeargles that have names such as these and if who your trading with speaks english, they will eventually notice these messages and will hopefully respond accordingly. if they dont speak the language then that would be unfortunate. you might also want a few smergles that says something like Hi, you offer, thanks, bye bye, i offer (if this method becomes popular enough), or other small phrases to communicate your intent with the other side.

Thougths/feedback?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)