How to patch your Shoddy Battle Server

Due to lots of people wanting to patch their server, I wrote a guide a while back. I thought I would post it alone here.

Changing Stats

Code:
Hit Points = HP
Attack = Atk
Defense = Def
Speed = Spe (or Spd not sure)
Special Attack = SAtk
Special Defense = SDef
That is how you modify the base stat. You cannot alter the total stat, because that relies on EVs, and EVs are not set in this process.
Code:
Pokemon Name: HP:60, Atk:77, Def:50, (Spe/Spd):44, SDef:77, SAtk:90;
The pokemon modification always ends with ";".

Adding Moves & Abilities
It's almost the same as Stats, but SLIGHTLY different. Take a look.
Code:
Pokemon Name: Explosion, Zap Cannon, Hydro Pump;
You just type in the name of the move. It has to be what the Team Builder says. Commonly mixed up moves are ones like Thunderpunch.

Adding Abilities is just as easy. Take a look
Code:
Pokemon Name: a+Drizzle, a+Drought, a+Sky Lock;
You just type a+[Ability Name], and so on.

Before we move on to new pokemon, (its seriously not that complicated...) lets wrap up basic patching...

Code:
Groudon: a+Drizzle, SDef:102, Explosion;
Simple. It would give Groudon the ability Drizzle, the Special Defense stat of 102 (base), and the move Explosion.

Adding new Pokemon

Alright, this is really not that complicated. Without patches, you would have to modify the dll's in the server directory... but we dont have to!

Simply open up your patch, and enter this information...
Code:
Add Pokemon: Name, HP, Atk, Def, Spd, Satk, Sdef, Type1, Type2, Gender;
This is just the code, however you do need to modify the pokemon to give it moves and abilities.

Use the methods above to get moves and abilities for it.

-----------

After you have formed your creative patch, save it as [Name].patch. Now go up a level and click server.properties and changed server.patch = [name of file].patch
Then restart your server and all the changes should show up.

Here is an example that shows pokemon named Smogon getting high stats.
Code:
Add Pokemon: Smogon, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, Poison, None, Male;
Smogon: a+Leviatate, Explosion, Sludge Bomb;
-----------

Where do you put this? If you built your server from source, there is a foldre called /server/. Make a new file called mod.patch. Not mod.patch.txt (make sure). Put all the patching stuff in you want.

FAQ:
Q: How do you make your own moves/abilities?
A (Moves): Modify MoveList.java and add your own moves. You need to add those moves to pokemon in the patch.
A (Abilities):
------
Q: When running, I get errors, saying that moves don't exist! What do I do?
A: Check your patch, you may have a typo. If it's a custom move, then make sure you added it right.

If you have any questions, or errors, post them below.

What about weight (important for things like Grass Knot, Low Kick, etc.)? How do you add that?

And how do you do stuff like adding learned by categories to moves (i.e., Level Up, Move Tutor, Egg Move, etc.)?

I'm not sure, about either. It's somewhere in the server. For weight, it might be in /server/masses. Something like that.

Quoted from the guide:

-----------

After you have formed your creative patch, save it as [Name].patch. Now go up a level and click server.properties and changed server.patch = [name of file].patch
Then restart your server and all the changes should show up.

Here is an example that shows pokemon named Smogon getting high stats.
Make a file called server.patch, *not* server.patch.txt. Then open server.properties and make sure server.patch = server.patch.
Then reboot your server, and it shall display any errors in the output, for you to fix.

Ok thanks. The main reason I was asking was because I couldn't find anything that said something like "Create Server" in Shoddy but I went to the site and I got what I was looking for.

So let's say I've added a new Pokemon to my server, and managed to get it working except for one little problem...

How do I give it a sprite?

Also, how do I make a Pokemon able to be Male or Female instead of just one or the other?

Like it says in Male, change it to Both.
To add a sprite, read the "Update your sprites to HG/SS" and find the sprite you want.

Then drag it in the sprites folder.

If something goes, wrong ask me.

(EDIT: 400 posts :P)

Like it says in Male, change it to Both.
To add a sprite, read the "Update your sprites to HG/SS" and find the sprite you want.

Then drag it in the sprites folder.

If something goes, wrong ask me.

(EDIT: 400 posts :P)
I was talking more along the lines of giving a custom Pokemon that I add to my server a sprite.

If it's the same way, it doesn't seem to be working for me.

No, like if the Pokmon's name were Smogon, and it were a female sprite, you would name the sprite: fsmogon.png

Replace f with m for male.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Out of appreciation for your easy to understand tutorial, I'd like to bump this so everyone can see this. Thanks for your work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)