How do you obtain 'mons for your Ubers team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wanting to make an ubers team for a while, especially after attending Worlds a couple years ago and seeing an all-legends side tournament being held there... but I feel like Ubers is a tier thats easier to play on simulators and such, rather than the actual games themselves, just because of the nature of the pokemon. You only get one, you cant breed them, and if they're an event-only pokemon, a lot of the time you cant even control their nature or IVs (And RNG-ing continues to fly right over my head, so I dont think I'd be able to do much in the IV department anyway.)

Most of the legends I have come from my earlier games, when I didn't even know there was a competitive scene around. I have a Wishmaker Jirachi for instance. Two of them. But neither of them have really beneficial natures. Being legends, they cant be bred for better natures/stats, and since they're from the original R/S/E games I cant nickname em, which bugs me more than it should >.>

So im just wondering, how does everyone here deal with playing Ubers in the actual games, if you do at all? Do you trade for legends with the correct natures/IVs? Or do you just play with the legends you have on-hand, even if they dont have the most ideal stats? This is what makes Ubers a kind of wierd metagame to me, and im kinda curious about it.

You can use a calculator to mesure IVs, and Soft-reset if you want to try to get a better version than what you already have. in ORAS you can find almost every legendary so there should not be to big of a problem with catching legends from past gens. I recommend using the Are my pokemons ivs and nature good? tread for further questions in this topic

Almost, but not all. I mentioned Jirachi and other event legends, especially the event legends you cant actually encounter too, meaning you don't get the chance to SR for them. Im wondering what people do in these kinda situations, if they physically cant soft reset for a legend they need/want to use, or something similar. Just kinda wondering if most people would just trade to find competition viable legends they could use, or just use the legends they have and dont worry about the stats too much.

Im curious about peoples personal opinions. Im pretty sure I already know most of my legends arent good. Thats not what im asking. I know the actual 'right' answer is to min/max as much as you can with any means necessary, im more wondering how many fellas here actually stress over the stats the pokemon they dont have much/any control over, or how many just kinda dont fret it.

All pokemon games allows you to transfer your Pokemon over from older games. In older games you can use pokebuilder or pokegen or the likes to make perfect pokemon and upload them to your device. I don't do this as i don't play handheld but I read about it elsewhere so I may be wrong.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Generally most people use hacking programs or RNG manipulation in past gens. ORAS also has many catchable Legendaries with guaranteed 3 31 IVs so you can just SR for them there.

That being said, this isn't really an appropriate thread for this subforum. I think you can find some information on how to go about SRing for good-IV legends in the Orange Islands subforum.

Welcome to Smogon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)