ORAS UU Hov3ring With Stall

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hov3ring With Stall
Hello, today I'm back with another stall team. Quite a lot of people know me in the UU room because I use stall in roomtours (I know I'm evil). This stall team has let be reach #10 in a declining ladder. I'm looking forward to building new stall teams in Gen 7.

I started with this core as it walls of the metagame with relative ease. In the S-rank Milotic takes on Entei, Suicune and M-Aerodactyl and Snorlax soft checking Hydreigon, beating M-Aero with 1 curse up and outright beating Entei. Sadly the core loses to strong grass or fighting type attackers like CB Conkeldurr and NP Celebi.

I then added Mandibuzz as it gives us hazard control and also a relatively good check to NP Celebi as most of them are shifting towards Recover over Dazzling Gleam. Mandibuzz also check CB Krook without Stone Edge. I used the specially defensive set to better check Celebi.

Chesnaught is my next addition as it is almost invaluable to stall as it provides a good check to Crawdaunt, Gyarados, M-Sharpedo and Krookodile. It also provides my team with Spikes which is good if you want to whittle down your opponent's quicker.

After that I added M-Steelix as it provides a invaluable role to any team in learning the move Stealth Rock. I also chose this over M-Aggron as it gives me a immunity to electric type attacks which is good to survive VoltTurn. A steel type is also useful for resisting dragon, flying and fairy, 3 very prominent offensive typings in UU.

To be my final member I added Blissey as it is one of the best WishPassers in the tier and it also learns Heal Bell which is very good as my team gets whittled quite easily by hazards. It also is the end all be all check to special attackers as it has some insane stats for Hp and SpDef.

I later chose to replace Blissey with Florges as I had a gigantic weakness to Conkeldurr and other prominent fighting types. Florges retains the ability to pass Wishes and provide the team with Aromatherapy support. It also gave me a better answer to M-Absol with Play Rough as both my dark resists are weak to fairy type attacks.

I then replaced Snorlax for Blissey as I really missed that pink blob in my team. I was also having problems with Special poison types such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

I then added Gligar over Mandibuzz as I had Blissey to check Celebi and a second fighting resist was appreciated. I also thought that Mandibuzz wasn't very reliable at Defogging as it is weak to rocks. Gligar also gives me a second electric immunity which is good if the electric types have coverage for M-Steelix.

I then chose Tentacruel to replace Milotic as it still checks Suicune and also is okay against Entei while it gives me a Toxic Spikes and a much more reliable way to control the hazard game. I also get a way to remove Toxic Spikes on switch-in which is always good.

I then added M-Aggron over M-Steelix as I didn't need the electric immunity M-Steelix provides with Gligar over Mandibuzz and I've never really given M-Steelix another chance as M-Aggron just does its job much better. It also checks Slurpuff which is a huge threat to any team as it can sweep entire teams after 1 free turn.

I then changes Gligar with Quagsire to give me a better way to check Entei and also a way to beat SubDDToxic Gyara it still retains the ground typing and we didn't need the hazard removal Gligar provides as we have Tentacruel.

Then the final change I made to the team was that I replaced Quagsire with Jellicent as jellicent could provide me with a way of blocking Rapid Spin on opposing teams which is good as my team relies heavily on hazards to chip away at the opponents team.

Toxapex Pre-Evo (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-
Rapid Spin
-
Scald
- Haze
- Rest

Tentacruel is really important for this team as it has access to Rapid Spin. With this set it also checks CM Suicune, CM Sylveon, NP Infernape and many more. Scald is there for STAB and that 99%30% chance to burn. Rest is to have some sort of recovery on Tentacruel as then you can stay in vs. other water types and have Scald wars.

Stay Calm People (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
-
Soft-Boiled
-
Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Blissey blanket checks all special attackers in the tier with its awsome HP and SpDef. Calm Mind gives it a way of beating SubCM Chandelure, NP Celebi, NP Houndoom and NP Porygon with unless they crit/hax you. Soft-Boiled is there for recovery as Wish isn't needed because all me members have recovery. Hyper Voice is to be able to hit off my increasing SpAtk quite hard and Shadow Ball is to not be setup fodder for ghost types.

Death By Pringles (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Hex / Scald

Jellicent is my spinblocker and a fullproof way of walling CroCune. Will-O-Wisp is there to be able to burn physical attackers which is really good. Recover is there for the recovery which is needed on almost every defensive wall. Taunt is there to be able to stallbreak on its own and Hex is good so you can take advantage of the burns your spreading. Scald can also be used if you want another way to spread burns on Jellicent.

NOT CHESnoid (Chesnaught) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Chesnaught is the Spiker of the team which takes advantage of Jellicent's ability to block Rapid Spin. Spikes is there to be able to weaken all opposing mons on switch-in. Synthesis is for recovery as discussed earlier. Spiky Shield is for the ability to block Bounce so Chesnaught becomes a way to beat Gyarados. Drain Punch is there to not me complete Taunt fodder.

Need 4 Steel (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

M-Aggron is usually the way to go when picking a mega for stall. It provides me with a ice, dragon, normal, flying and bug resists. While being immune to poison. Heavy Slam is there for STAB and because of Aggron's huge weight it does usually 120 BP. Rest is for recovery, while Stealth Rocks is to hit flying types every time they switch-in. Roar is there to rack up damage with the hazards that will hopefully be up.

FLOWER POWER (Florges-Orange) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic / Wish
- Synthesis / Protect
- Moonblast

Florges gives me a way of beating fighting types with dark coverage like Conkeldurr and friends. Aromatherapy is there to take away statuses which is huge as 2 of my mons carry Rest. Toxic is to provide residual damage on other fat walls. Synthesis is there for recovery and Moonblast is for STAB. You can use Wish + Protect instead of Toxic and Synthesis if you also want to be able to pass health to your teammates.

Threatlist

I don't really have any switch-ins for CB Guts Heracross as I can't burn it with Scald / Will-O-Wisp. Everytime it comes in it gets a kill, the only way for me to deal with it is to double into Florges which i don't like to do.

CM Reuniclus is really good versus this team as Blissey can't CM up alongside it as it usually carries Psyshock. My way of dealing with it is that I switch into Jellicent and taunt it before it can get up too many Calm Minds.

CB Darmanitan is a huge problem to my team as it almost always 2hko's Jellicent after rocka and 2hko's every other member. My main way of dealing with it is sacking Blissey to a Flare Blitz so Darmantitan also dies to recoil.

I have quite some problems with CB Arcanine as you will see in a replay as it can beat my water types with his access to Wild Charge so if the Arcanine user plays it well I lose.

I actually just die to any Mamoswine set, it hits every pokemon in my team for SE damage or it just powers through the rest. I could have Yache on Chesnaught but don't wanna do that.

In that replay I go ahead and get swept my a CM Sylveon which is the reason I changed Toxic to Haze on tentacruel.

In this replay I beat notewire with me being able to pressure his team with Hazards. He had the upper hand in the beginning as he killed 2 of my pokemon with me not killing any of his.

Here's a battle of me having trouble with CB Arcanine but in the end coming out on top thx to a little bit of hax.

Toxapex Pre-Evo (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Rest

Stay Calm People (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Death By Pringles (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 176 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Hex

NOT CHESnoid (Chesnaught) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Need 4 Steel (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

FLOWER POWER (Florges-Orange) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

Last edited:

Mac3

Yo guys what can I do to make my team less weak to Mamo
Havin problems with it which isn't very good as it is popular.

Hello Ov3r Ac3, i am a new member of smogon. I really like your team and i want to give you some advices they will help it :
>
suicune offers you a physical wall able to take a lot of things they are able to dismantle your team such as Entei, Darmanitan and Mamoswine. It also offers you a good win condition able to beat most playstyles in the tier.

>
I think Mandibuzz fits better on your team than Tentacruel because you are seriously lacking of Celebi answer in particular paired with Krookodile as well as an answer to some physical sweepers like taunt dd gyarados or sd infernape. Mandibuzz beats both of them and give you a nice fighting check as well as a check to reuniclus. It can also punish u-turn users with the rocky helmet and beat physical sweepers with foul play.

>
I think your team needs a ground immunity because it's pretty weak to volt-turn. M-Steelix fits perfectly at this slot because it has a nice synergy with Mandibuzz taking electric, ice and fairy types for it and mandibuzz takes fighting and ground types for Steelix. Mandibuzz's rocky helmet and M-Steelix's ground type help you a lot vs volt-turn which annoys you and do that it can't do many things against your team.

>
Sylveon fits better than Florges on your team because it has a better general bulk, a better offensive presence, and her fairy type Hyper Voice allows you to beat Substitute users like M-Sceptile and Gyarados more easily.

>
Cresselia is a better win condition than Blissey and offers you a secondary fighting resist and a check to Suicune which annoys your team. It can also beat many physical attackers like Mamoswine and M-Aerodactyl which are troublesome for your team and release a lot your other physical walls.

Leftovers > Rocky Helmet on Chesnaught : Leftovers give chesnaught additional recovery and you already have the rocky helmet on mandibuzz which punishes better volt-turn.

I hope those changes will help your team and sorry for any grammar/language mistake. Have a nice day ;)

Mac3

MF Jr King i really appreciate you taking time to rate my team but could you maybe change some small things and not really 5 out of 6 mons of my team?

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heya. Cool team, but I see quite a few redundancies. I have changes that I believe to be ideal and will help you improve your matchup against many of the threats that you have listed. I'll let you know ahead of time that these changes will resemble a team that I have been using and finding success with though, so keep that in mind.

One of the bigger problems I noticed for this team is that it's relying on Rapid Spin in a meta that contains Klefki. Hazard Stacking teams are common, and it wouldn't be rare for you to find a hazard stack team that contains a spinblocker. You'll find this team much more reliable against such teams if you utilized a Defogger instead. I recommend replacing Tentacruel with Gligar. On top of giving you a defogger, Gligar provides your team with an Electric immunity, something that you currently lack. This is crucial, as without that immunity, Volturn teams have little to nothing stopping them from running loose. Gligar maintains a resist to fighting, but proves to be generally more solid than Tentacruel at that due to having Roost. It also greatly helps your team out against CB Arcanine and Heraccross, which you included in your threatlist. Additionally, I would suggest running Knock Off on Gligar as it's very useful in breaking opposing teams down and none of your other team members have access to it. Lastly, I recommend to run a specially defensive variant. It helps Gligar serve much better as the electric immunity it's supposed to be. It also helps mitigate the NP Lucario weakness that will open up with the next change. Here's the set:

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

The next change I would recommend is replacing Jellicent with Suicune. Jellicent is just barely mediocre in performing as a Fire-resist, hence why the team struggles against Darmanitan and is still quite vulnerable to Entei. The lack of a solid Fire check is quite detrimental to the team and Suicune very much helps alleviate that issue. It also helps make Mamoswine much less threatening. I would suggest running the CM + Roar variant. What this does is give your team a wincon, which will be very helpful seeing as you lose your stallbreaker with this change. CM is also important here because we open up an even larger weakness to CM Reuniclus and want to mitigate that as much as possible. Between having CM and being able to make Psyshock and Focus Blast run out of PP much quicker with Pressure, Reuniclus is capable of being played around. Here's the set:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Your team would benefit much more with a reliable wishpasser to more reliably keep your team healthy. In particular, it'll make it easier on Aggron and Suicune, since the former won't have to rely on Rest + Heal Bell, while the latter doesn't have to rely as much on Rest. I suggest replacing Florges with Sylveon. Florges is inferior to it as a cleric, as it passes smaller wishes, has less physical bulk, and is weaker in power as well. If you're not using CM or Wish+Synthesis Florges sets (both of which I think wouldn't be ideal on this team), there's pretty much no reason not to use Sylveon. Just the standard cleric set will do:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

From here I'll just be helping you optimize your sets. To start off, I don't think you need Blissey to run CM at all. It may help with CM Chandy, but overall does the team a disservice by not running a closer to standard set. Besides, between Gligar and Suicune, CM Chandy should be fairly playable. Standard NP Celebi sets are able to be Toxic stalled pretty comfortably, so there's not much of a loss there. I would recommend a moveset of Toxic / Seismic Toss / Protect / Soft-Boiled. It's pretty much the standard set, but protect helps greatly mitigate the natural weakness to Pursuit users, most notably CB Krook, that every Blissey team faces. It also further helps with Toxic stalling. You can afford to run Protect since you have Sylveon/Florges running Heal Bell.

I suggest replacing Rest with Fire Punch on Aggron. Rest is mediocre to begin with, but certainly isn't needed anymore since you have a wishpasser. I find Fire Punch to be superior to Earthquake because it lets you deal with major threats like Escavalier and Virizion significantly easier. It also doesn't let Forretress spin for free.

I would suggest running a moveset of Leech Seed / Spiky Shield / Synthesis / Wood Hammer on Chesnaught. Leech Seed is pretty much a given on any Chesnaught, allowing you to wear your opponent down while having an easier time keeping healthy. It helps wear down Suicune much easier. Speaking of which, Water-types such as Suicune and Gyarados are why Wood Hammer is a necessity, as you wouldn't be able to handle them nearly as efficiently without it.

That's about all I have for you. I hope this helped, and good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)