SM OU Help me rate my OU team pls

So i've been building this team which I've had no luck with, and I was wondering what I could do to improve it. Any advice is appreciated!

Life of PI (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fly
- Smack Down
A general Lando set, meant to be a sweeper with z move. I chose Flyinium Z so I could OHKO certain grass threats like Tangrowth, Venusaur, Tapu Bulu, etc. Earthquake for general Stab, stealth rock to set up hazards and punish switch ins, fly to activate flyinium z, and smack down to take on flying types or levitate users who try to switch in. I max invested in attack and speed to maximize sweeping potential.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus blast
A fast special sweeper. Psychic and moonblast for general stab, psyschock to handle special defense walls who try to switch in to Lele's special attacks, and focus blast to take on steel types who would otherwise come in for free against Lele. Max invested in Lele's special attack and speed to maximize damage output. Along with a choice scarf, lele outspeeds most non-choiced threats.

Lucky (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
My dedicated special tank. Along with skarmory, it forms the classic skarmbliss duo. Seismic toss for general, consistent damage. Softboiled to keep chansey healthy, aromatherapy to heal the team of status conditions, and toxic to help punish switch ins and put the opposing team on toxic timer. Max invested in defense and special defense to maximize bulk. Finally, I put eviolite on to increase defense, which patches up chansey's relatively lower defense.

Tri-Motor (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
My dedicated physical tank, and along with chansey, forms the skarmbliss comb. Also acts as my spike setter, putting hazards onto the field against the opponent. Along with my Lando's stealth rocks, makes it really frustrating for my opponent to switch, given that they don't use defog or rapid spin. Whirlwind to handle threats that are trying to set up or that I can't deal with at the moment. Roost for staying healthy, and brave bird for general damage.

Hanzo (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
Another special attacker on my team. Scald for general stab and burn potential, dark pulse for stab and for potential flinches. Extrasensory as a mixup for fighting types who may want to challenge Greninja, and ice beam to OHKO OU threats like Lando and flying types in general. I max invested in special attack and speed for maximum sweeping potential, and along with life orb, Greninja has good attacking power. I paired with protean to work nicely with my different typed moves, so I can switch type. I'm considering switching this to Ash greninja, just for more power, but I'm not sure if it would work better for this team.

Nirvana (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
My mega for the team. Fake out for flinching, as well as priority, zen headbutt for general stab and potential flinching as well. High Jump Kick as my go to attack, which does decent to massive damage on most other threats. And then Ice punch for handling some common threats like Lando, Tangrowth, etc. I max invested in attack and speed to maximize Medicham's sweeping potential, and along with jolly nature, allows Medicham to be decently fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
You know you don’t have defog? And choosing an attack on protean greninja because it’s a stab isn’t a valuable reason (he changes of type so all his attacks are stab) and tapu lele psychock can be useful but I don’t like it on a scarf set since it’s meant to revenge kill things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)