1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. The moderators of this forum are shade, internet, and VonFiedler.
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

healthy lifestyle thread (OR: oglemi masturbation cave)

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Ninahaza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

All sounds good Stallion, especially with your history of hip problems. Keep it up!
    Stallion likes this.
  2. Stallion

Stallion I do it for the CHICKS
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Max day results (no belts or straps)

125 kg bench (275lbs)
    160 kg squat (352lbs)
    195 kg deadlift (429 lbs)

Raw total: 480 kg (1056 lbs)

Body weight: 93 kg (205 lbs)
  3. Ash Borer

Ash Borer I've heard they're short of room in hell
    is a Pre-Contributor

hey welcome to the 1000lb club bro ;-)
    Stallion and SOMALIA like this.
  4. SOMALIA

SOMALIA

Very motivating from everyone here! I myself lost everything I put on and haven't been to the gym for a good 15 months now. I been practising boxing for quite sometime now and its hard to get back to lifting weights to be honest and my weight has dropped to 51kgs from 61kgs. Eating has become hard once again but its understandable once you stop lifting heavy. Anyhow you all are freakin beasts so keep on motivating us smaller fellas

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Tokyo Tom, danilo, lilly momo and 4 others like this.
  5. y2zipper

y2zipper

Beat my all-time squat PR this morning by hitting 260 for one. I will have to dial it back after missing my triple last week, though.
  6. STEELDRAGON

STEELDRAGON

I have bulked up all the way up about 93 kilos, with a height of 184cm. Just got my bf% measured and its pretty high at 25.3%. I may bulk up to 100 kilos and then cut from there.
  7. Stellar

Stellar
    is a Live Chat Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I've found a local place and I'm starting to lift next week three times a week. I have a really great coach helping me out to ensure proper form/making sure I'm doing the right lifting exercises, but I'm worried about the eating part. I'm super skinny and the prospect of eating ~3,000 cal a day is daunting to say the least. Are there any tips you can give me for getting those calories in (i.e., what foods to eat) / making the whole food preparation part a bit easier?

Starting point reference:
    5'10''
    135 lbs

(skinny)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  8. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier

liquid calories are now your life
    Soul Fly likes this.
  9. SOMALIA

SOMALIA

Make you eat consistently, me and my brother have the same body type. He is 5'11 and weighs almost 180lb lean whilst I am only 135lb 5'10, we both started gym roughly same time lol...

Difference is he eats 5 times a day all the time; initially you eat 3 modest meals and 2-3 snacky type meals. Load up on lots of these:

-Peanuts (keep them with you everywhere)
    -Peanut butter (if you have one sandwich in the morning and one at night it will change your life..)
    -Cheese full fat
    -Milk (drink several cups a day)
    -Red meat
    -Potatoes
    -ALOT OF bread

DO NOT try to eat super healthy and only have lean food or you wont put on anything unless you eat shitloads and have 100s of dollars to waste. You are super skinny and you need mass, eat foods that have decent % of fat and eat dirty whenever you want....you do not just gain a beerbelly overnight lol. You just want to be able to make maximum gains while you got "newbie gainz" window of time which isn't long.

Also you dont just shock your system into eating 3000cals.

You slowly build up. Do maybe 2000 and go upwards. when you do 5x5 which is a sick training program which im sure and hope your coach will show you, you tend to increase your metabolism shitloads, happened to me at least and eventually you eat alot more.

Im the guy who screwed up eating, managed to bulk up nicely at one point and just lost it all so I can say I got first hand experience of the full deal
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  10. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch

Make protein shakes, and dump a bunch of stuff into it. Whole milk, bananas, peanut butter, etc. You can easily get an extra 900-1200 extra calories between meals.
  11. tml

tml

Something that really worked well for me for extra fat loss was intermittent fasting. Basically I stopped eating at 8pm and then didn't eat the next day until at least 12 lunchtime...There is technical science involved but to make it simple, after your body has used all the food in your system for energy it will then resort to using stored fat cells. Anyway I might be way off with that explanation so if anyone who knows for real please do correct me.

Regardless that method burned alot of extra fat and then as a final push i did almost 3 weeks of literally living off 500g of turkey chunks and 5 protein shakes a day with half a pack of rice and one square of dark chocolate 90% as my only carbs bar two refill days. That was to get me down to about 9% though.
  12. Ninahaza

Ninahaza You'll always be a part of me
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hello~ I hope you've all been swole.

I havent been on for a while, but here are a few pictures of how i've been keeping up over the years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The healthy life style is its own reward my friends
    Stallion, SOMALIA and DTC like this.
  13. Stallion

Hurt my hamstring at football practice a few weeks ago and will probably be out for a few more weeks.

I'm devastated, but I'm putting a positive spin on a shit situation and using the fact that my body isn't getting beaten up for 4 hours a week to build some (non hamstring) strength and size!
    Del Rio likes this.
  14. Del Rio

Del Rio

Question for anyone who started a program while "skinny fat" (or anyone who has an opinion on the subject): Is it better for a novice lifter to start a bulking or cutting cycle while skinny fat, or even just eat at maintenance? I realize this is a loaded question, so some background on myself.

24/M/5'-9.5"/170 lbs. Not sure about my BF% but would estimate 20-25%. One month into a bulking phase after finally getting serious about lifting - following a program, paying attention to macros, and incorporating barbells. I'm beginning to question if bulking is the right process for someone like me. I understand the point of bulking as a beginner is for noob gains, but I'm not entirely sure how much noob gains I have to reap since I've done machine/dumbbell work before, granted I had a year hiatus between what I did then and when I started back up again recently. I'm ultimately lifting for aesthetics (of course, any strength I gain is nice too), so I don't want to be in a 3 month bulk then have to do a 6 month cut. If it helps, not sure what my 1RMs for the Big 5 are, but current stats are 3x5 80 lb bench, 3x5 65 lb OHP, 4x5 125 lb squat, 3x5 95 lb row, and 3x5 155 lb DL.
  15. Stallion

Your strength is quite low, so don't get wrapped up too much into bulking and cutting just yet - you have plenty more noob gains to come, so take advantage of that. If you cut too early, you will just wind up skinny. Eat lots of nutritious food and lift heavy... Once your numbers have gone up, then you can make an informed decision on bulking and cutting imo
  16. kd24

kd24
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i dont know when the last time ive posted was but i got rly fat n gross so i started just working out nonstop for 4 months. i used to work out a little a few years ago and even got kind of strong but it would go quickly in phases and i paid 0 mind to what i ate. but the experience made it so the lifting was at least easy to jump into. the last 3 days have been the first time in my life ive ever hit a healthy bmi in my life so i wanted to share my progress because im proud of making changes. im going to begin training in an mma gym soon (it was going to be last week but i snapped my shoulder back during a military press and im a mascochist so ive been trying to work around it but now i think i just gotta let it heal completely for a week before doing anything else) just because by pure coincidence one of the really highly ranked ones is like a 2 min drive from where i work now and i have nothing else to do in life and ive always loved martial arts and grappling.

heres a before picture:
    [​IMG]

weight:
    192 lbs (BMI: 30.1) - OBESE
    lifting: none
    diet: literally everyday the same: i would smoke, drink, eat a whole tuna sub with fries for lunch from some italian place next to my old job and then eat a double quarter pounder with cheese/large fry/10 piece nugget for dinner...every single day. only drank water when not drinking alcohol
    cardio: horrible asthma attacks after running, could only manage 5.5 pace on treadmill for maybe a mile
    push-ups: could do like 10
    planks: could only last 30 seconds
    sex: a struggle

heres some after pictures from today:

[​IMG]
    Non Flexed stomach

[​IMG]
    flexed stomach

[​IMG]
    bigger arms shoulders, chest is way more solid and not flabby

[​IMG]
    face body and neck actually look human-like

weight: 152 lbs (BMI: 23.8) - HEALTHY
    lifting: almost everyday. squats are up to 200 and db bench is up to 75 in each hand. i just do a bunch of shit
    diet: use myfitnesspal to count calories. became a pescatarian in june, only eat tuna salmon shrimp as animal food. completely cut out fast food like mcdonalds and most meat places. only fast food i still east is 6 inch tuna subs from subway and lots of pizza because im addicted. cut out alcohol completely. stopped smoking weed. lots of veggies n shit now. lots of premiere protein milk drinks and pure protein energy bars. going to start taking whey protein and maybe creatine.
    cardio: run about 3 5ks per week, then usually about 1.5-2 miles the other 3 days with 1 rest day. my mile time flunctuates but im consistently getting sub 8-8:15 on treadmill now for longer distance runs from 2.5-3.5 miles, about 7-7:30 on short runs like 1.5-2 miles. i dont do hiit at all which im going to definitely start doing soon just because im frustrated that im not faster after so much running. i also just started barefoot running yesterday, hurt a little but i think itll be worth it.
    [​IMG]
    push-ups: can do 40 at least altho i havent tried since my shoulder injury from last week. my goal is 50 with no breaks. i also like doing clapping pushups a lot too
    planks: can last 2:30
    sex: a lot more fun
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  17. DTC

DTC I'll be your 1-Up girl
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

nice hair gains
  18. tml

tml

That is so inspirational, great improvement from beginning of may amazing achievement!
  19. Ninahaza

I'm sorry, but, were you talking to me?

Because currently i am being pressured to shave what little hair i have. Something about a more aesthetically pleasing chest (and also something about licking motivation)
  20. DTC

DTC I'll be your 1-Up girl
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

nah, i was talking to kd because he had a much better haircut in the after pics.

your hair is fine, might look a bit better with some of the chest hair removed (but i'd keep some of it).
  21. Ninahaza

Oh my god dude.

You just made the pressure worse, but i do appreciate the honesty. :)
  22. Stallion

I'm back from my partially torn hamstring in 11 days (but who's counting) and am beyond excited to be back playing football.

Haven't spent this time being mopey though, I've been taking advantage of all the contact I haven't been getting at training, been hitting the weight room hard and have been doing conditioning work. Currently around 96kg / 211 lbs at 180cm / 5'11". No shredded abs or anything at the moment but I'm not remotely fat either...i just need the extra weight so that I don't get crushed by 330lb (150kg) linemen haha. Football first, aesthetics can come after when the season is over!
    SOMALIA likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)