Hazards in UU

At the moment I would really like to get some discussion going into sticky web as I believe though not the best entry hazard it is very interesting and can be very potent if you can prevent the spin/defog. Though sticky web got better with the introduction of galvantuala though not by much. Galvantula is insanely predictable as an overwhelming majority of the galvantula on the ladder are sashweb leads meaning against competent players sticky web won't go up, this problem exists as well with other less used setters such as leavanny, ariados, and to a lesser extent smeargle. The only sticky web user that can get up its web more than once in a match is shuckle which suffers from low speed, absolutely no offensive presence and the fact that it is taunt bait.

Now as for the removal of sticky web pokemon such as mew, empoleon, blastoise, and crobat can all easily use their respective hazard removing moves without being afflicted greatly by their speed being lowered due to already having sub-par speed or an immunity to the effects of the move. This makes running a spin-blocker necessary alongside sticky web which will still be rather futile against defog users or mega blastoise due to dark pulse making sticky web require significant support and prediction. In conclusions sticky web has the potential to be insanely influential and allows slower threats such as malimar, heracross, victini, etc. to sweep through teams with out leaning on a choice scarf as well as hinder the opponents scarfed revenge killers or frail fast sweepers, but due to its predictability and relatively easy removal make sticky web an incredibly interesting and balanced move in the uu of today and would like to hear some of the people here's thought on it.

I feel like the thing Sticky Web has going for it is that it's so unexpected, and most people don't prepare for it. A while back, when Crawdaunt and Diggersby weren't banned yet, I made a heavy offense Sticky Web team (with a Shuckle :]). The strategy was to set up Sticky Web, and then just overload the opponents team with threads. The thing that was so good about it was that for example for Diggersby and Crawdaunt one of their biggest cons, speed, was fixed. I even beat the at the time #1 with that team, just because he wasn't prepared for it. I feel like Sticky Web is less viable now, but it still has a small niche.

I feel like the thing Sticky Web has going for it is that it's so unexpected, and most people don't prepare for it. A while back, when Crawdaunt and Diggersby weren't banned yet, I made a heavy offense Sticky Web team (with a Shuckle :]). The strategy was to set up Sticky Web, and then just overload the opponents team with threads. The thing that was so good about it was that for example for Diggersby and Crawdaunt one of their biggest cons, speed, was fixed. I even beat the at the time #1 with that team, just because he wasn't prepared for it. I feel like Sticky Web is less viable now, but it still has a small niche.
Honestly thats how I feel right now about web and why I found it so interesting simply because it role in uu has been a roller coaster ride. Early during uubeata web was nothing short of retarted as it gave bisharp a free +2 and after it went to ou web had a time of extreme viability due to crawdaunt and diggersby running around and the loss of these pokemon to bl really hurt sticky web but at the same time sticky web has been gifted with two decent setters in galvantula and smeargle, only to be balanced by the addition of all of the new spinners dropping to uu and the amount of viable hazard removers. I guess I have to repeat myself that sticky web is just so incredible as a balanced niche at the current state of uu.

I also love spike stacking right now simply because of roserade getting legal sleep powder+spikes and its great natural bulk and offensive presence

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)