Happy 10th Birthday, Smogon!

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just thinking about this too...seems like a lifetime has passed since I joined. Crazy part is the community goes even further back than Smogon. I really miss this place.

Edit: have a RICE DAY?? Hipmonlee YOU'VE CHANGED

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was gonna post something about it being rich you complaining about people who've changed, formerly-young max, but there have been so many iterations of young [user] over the years I am not entirely convinced you were actually one of them or if you were just young.

But yeah, its been 14 years, fuck yeah I've changed.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Like those ones when your date turned up on time?

Now that we are all together in one thread, lets commence the airing of the grievances. Tis the season!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i dont have enough words to explain what smogon is for me. i can just say "THANK YOU SMOGON I LOVE YOU" all the people i met, Y'all guys MADE ME A BETTER MAN, im not mad, im just excited.
i
love
you

one day, my son will know i joined that incredible community, AWOOOOOOOOO

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Really glad I discovered this site. Lots of hours of entertainment, and i can say with 100% certainty that there will be many more hours of the same entertainment. You guys are great buds, and we have a great time.

Last edited:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
what's up, I heard there's a thread full of old farts

holy shit, this thing's a decade old? Ten years ago, I was King Shit over at the Uber Forums Turd Mountain before Dweedle told me to come over here. Also, I was still in college. Also, jesus christ I feel old.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
i was just thinking about this site with my cousins playing the new pokemon games over the holidays. figured it was getting around ten years. of course ian would make the thread.

anyways nice to see some familiar faces here. feels like yesterday that pokemon on the internet happened, good times....

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Happy birthday!
I'm really old... I remember when this site only started, and I think my stint as a mod was in 2004/5. Still lurk here from time to time though, fantastic community ;)
Holy shit, he finally cracked 2,000!

I happen to be exactly six years older than these forums, to the day.

One day when historians look back at this day they will not only see its significance in starting Arab Spring and Joseph Stalin's cake day but of Smogon's birth into this world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)