Gyarados [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

* Due to Mega Gyarados's ability Mold Breaker along with Taunt and Dragon Dance make it a powerfull Stallbreaker.
* Access to Intimidate and Fly-type lets Gyarados to check Primal Groudon and Necrozma-DM which also gives better opportunities of set up in front of them.
* Gyarados gains inmunity to Prankster moves after Mega Evolution against Mega Sableye and rare Klefki.
* Mega Gyarados is strapped of moveslots; Dragon Dance and Taunt are mandatory for it to increase Attack and Speed, while Taunt shut down passive walls so it lacks a moves to run all the coverage move it needs.
* As Dark-Type, Mega Gyarados struggles to deal with common Fairy Types; Xerneas, Arceus Fairy.
* Mega Gyarados needs multiple boosts to sweep; since cannot gives OHKOes without super efective hits or prior damage.

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Earthquake / Waterfall
item: Gyaradosite
ability: Intimidate
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

* Dragon Dance lets Gyarados gain power to break walls it otherwise cannot as well as outspeeding offensive threats too.
* Taunt stops status and phazer moves like Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Glare, Whirlwind, from Mega Sableye, Support Arceus forms, Celesteela, Zygarde-C, and Lugia that ruin Gyarados Sweep.
* Crunch mainly stab to hit super efective both Giratina and Necrozma formes as Lunala and Lugia ignoring Shadow Shield and Multiscale thanks to Mold Breaker.
* Earthquake hits super efective and provides coverage against Pokemon that crunch cannot deal, like Magearna, Mega Lucario, Mega Diancie, Primal Groudon.
* Waterfall is Gyarados's secondary stab to deal with Arceus-Ground and Ho-oh. Also hits neutral damage against Dark- and Fairy-Types
that resist crunch.

Set Details
========

* Gyaradosite is necesary to Mega evolve.
* Intimidate lower enemy's attack and lets Gyarados better set up opportunitys on physically threats.
* Full attack and speed investment to power up offensive abilities.
* A Jolly nature is chosen to outspeed everything up to base 130 Speed such as Mega Gengar, Ultra Necrozma, and Mewtwo. As well, without boost still outspeed neutral max speed Primal Groudon and Ho-oh, Jolly Necrozma-DM, and Lugia.
* Adamant nature along with Stealth Rocks OHKOes Lugia, and increase damage against neutral damage in general.

Usage Tips
========

* Considerate that Gyarados can take set up opportunities before Mega Evolve due to ground inmunity and intimidate.
* Thanks to the typing and ability can works as a emergency check of physically threats like Necrozma-DM and Primal Groudon.
* Against offense teams use it to check Primal Groudon, Choice locked Lunala, and Necrozma formes and set up.
* In case of facing balance Gyarados can search set ups before mega in front of Support Arceus formes such as Arceus-Water, Arceus-Ground. Use Taunt to shut down status users like Celesteela or Mega Sableye that cripple Mega Gyarados.
* Try search ways to weak or eliminate Gyarados's checks before attempting to sweep. Use hazard or status, at least until get put them in range of OHKO.

Team Options
========

* Check to Fairy-types Primal Groudon, wich also provides Stealth Rocks, Ho-oh. Others checks such ass Necrozma-DM, Ferrothorn, Toxapex, Magearna, that can deal with any Xerneas's set. Gyarados covers ground weakness of most of them, specially against Special Arceus-Ground.
* Hazard removers to keep out Stealth Rocks; Excadrill, Cloyster as suicide leads to ofensive teams, Support Arceus formes, Giratina-O to Balance teams and check Primal Groudon.
* Fairy-types; Xerneas deals with common checks of Mega Gyarados as Yveltal, Mega Salamence, Zygarde-C, while appreciates Gyarados removing passive threats and Steel-types. Tapu Lele provides priority inmunity thanks to psychic terrain and pressure Yveltal, Zygarde-C and Support Arceus formes with Nature Madness along Taunt, while Mega Gyarados help Tapu Lele with Necrozma-DM.
* Swords Dance Arceus formes take down bulkier walls while Mega Gyarados shuts down passive walls with Taunt.
* Gothitelle traps and removes passive foes that Mega Gyarados cannot deal, most notably Arceus-Fairy.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

* Ice Fang work to take away Mega Salamence and Zygarde-C
* Aqua Tail slightly more powerful than waterfall but enought to get better chances to OHKOes Arceus-Ground and Ho-oh after a Dragon Dance. However Waterfall is more consistency and handy flinch chance
* Iron Tail with adamant nature take by surprise and OHKO Xerneas, but has hard time justifying this on the moveset because it hits much wider array of foes with moves on main set.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fairy-Type**: Fairy-types such as Xerneas and Arceus Fairy can take any hit of +1 Mega Gyarados and revenge kill with them stab moves, the first one could carry scarf and outspeed it. Magearna can do the same against a Gyarados's version without earthquake.

**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock wich annoys Gyarados, can take stabs attacks and revenge kill it after Mega Evolution, phaze it out, or inflicts status, however it struggles against Earthquake variants.

**Mega Salamence**: Salamence's intimidates lower Gyarados's attack, pocred to set up and kill with +1 double edge. However, Salamence still fears ice fang.

**Zygarde-C**: Zygarde's-C bulk allows take any hit of Mega Gyarados and phaze it with Dragon Tail preventing set up, but if didn't transform yet could be OHKO by ice fang after damage of crunch or earthquake.

**Ferrothorn**: Due his ability is very annoyance to Gyarados deal with it, Iron Barbs along with Gyro Ball will weaken with small damage.

**Yveltal**: Unless Gyarados carry waterfall, theres no way to get down yvetal just with crunch. Yveltal can use oblivion wing atacking while it recovers.

**Revenge Killers**: Deoxys-A, Pheromosa ,and Mega gengar outspeed +1 Adamant Mega Gyarados, then beat it with super efective attacks. Its also outsped by faster choice scarf user like Xerneas and Yveltal. Arceus Ekiller and Rayquaza can take down Gyarados with Extreme Speed.

**Status**: Althought Gyarados has Taunt, should be careful of switch in against a status user, otherwise could get intoxic'd.

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi, not QC but thought I'd help out anyway, as there are a bunch of points that I believe should be addressed before this is looked at by QC.

[OVERVIEW]

* Due to Mega Gyarados's 155 attack stat, his ability moldbreaker along with Dragon Dance and Taunt make it a powerfull wallbreaker.
* Access to intimidate and Fly-type which gives better opportunities of set up before mega evolution. Even when already its mega, gets a respectable bulk
* Thanks to his typing and his bulk is able to check any set of new necrozma's forms, get a free Dragon Dance and kill them.
* It necesary think well the last move that Gyarados will use, between Earthquake, Aqua tail, Ice fang and Iron Tail, they are all situationlly useful.
* As Dark-Type Mega Gyarados has problems specially against common Fairy Types Xerneas, Arceus Fairy and barely magearna if gyarados don't run earthquake
* Its also checked by others bulky thereats that can also wall Gyarados if dont run a superefective move, like Yveltal, Mega Salamence, Buzzwole and Zygarde-C
  • Mold Breaker + Taunt make it a Stall Breaker, as it's unphased by Pokemon who's abilities tend to prevent Pokemon from sweeping such as Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce and Lugias Multiscale.
  • I don't really see the need to mention Ice Fang and Iron Tail in overview. If they are mentioned, include the fact that Mega Gyarados doesn't really have the space in its moveslot to effectively run them

Set Details
========
* Gyaradosite is necesary to mega evolve.
* Intimidate to lower enemy's attack.
* An adamant nature is chosen to deal more damage as posible and get betters chance to OHKO Magearna, Lugia, Toxapex after a DD than jolly
* However, with Jolly nature Gyarados is able to outspeed cloyster and smeargle leads to use taunt before them goes to hazards. Also, base 129 like Ultra Necrozma and Mega Gengar after a Dragon Dance.
  • Mega Gyarados doesn't OHKO Lugia unless it's at +2 and doesn't OHKO Magearna or Toxapex unless it's +1 after Stealth Rock, therefore it is crucial to mention these in the Set Details.
  • I'm not so sure about mentioning Smeargle in the Analysis since it can Nuzzle you anyway, which prevents the ease of sweeping, so I don't see it as a strong argument for running Jolly. Double-check this with QC.
  • Mold Breaker should be mentioned here again, as it's one of the main reasons why Gyarados can break through stall.
Usage Tips
========
* Considerate that Gyarados can take set up opportunities before mega evolution due to ground inmunity and intimidate.
* Thanks to the typing and ability can works as a emergency check of physically threats like Mega Lucario and Primal Groudon, also survive to Fairy Stab attacks, but be careful with pasive damage of stealth rocks.
* Only active the mega evolution once gets a good position to sweep or needs dark-type to give stab potency on crunch.
* Try search ways to weak Gyarados's checks in order to exploit his potential of late game sweeper, use hazard or status, at least until get put them in range of OHKO.
* If Gyarados cannot get an opportunity to sweep on last game, can be considered sacrifice Gyarados weakening another threat in the process like Primal Groudon, givening chances to sweep to Geomancy Xerneas or another partner.
  • Not really happy with the first 3 dot points here. Point out that users shouldn't necessarily Mega-Evolve Gyarados immediately, as you're able to take advantage of its ground immunity. Don't really think that Mega Lucario is worth mentioning here, since Close Combat still 2HKOs you before Mega Evolving.
  • I believe that you need to be clearer on how Mega Gyarados should be played, depending on what sort of team it's facing. e.g. "Against Bulkier teams, use Gyarados to set up on Arceus Ground, Arceus Water, and Clefable before Mega Evolving, whereas Mega Gyarados enjoys setting up against Lugia, Celesteela and Mega Sableye, as it can shut them all down with Taunt and easily start boosting." Against offensive teams save Gyarados as a potential check to Primal Groudon, Necrozma and Lunala and be cautious when Mega Evolving, as intimidate can make physical attackers a lot easier to check and ease setup sweeping. However Gyarados is not able to beat Primal Groudon without running Earthquake. If Gyarados opts to run waterfall, use it to weaken it to allow for other win-conditions such as Xerneas to have an easier time sweeping."

* Fairy-Types like Xerneas and Arceus Fairy are strong teammates that can deal with common Gyarados's threats like Mega Salamence, Zygarde and Yveltal. Gyarados also help them pressure Fairy checks like Primal Groudon and Magearna.
* Simultaneously Gyarados requires coverage against Fairy, Pokemon that deals with them such as Primal Groudon, Ho-oh, Magearna, and Necrozma DM are good partners too.
* As a sweeper, entry hazard support from Primal Groudon, Necrozma DM, Ferrothorn, toxapex help Gyarados to pick up more OHKO's
  • I'd like to see some sort of mentioning of the different playstyles that Mega Gyarados belong to, as Mega Gyarados tends to thrive on either Balance or Offense sort of teams, and it's important to differentiate between them when suggesting team partners, as balance tends to prefer Pokemon such as Defensive Primal Groudon, Magearna, Ho-Oh and Ferrothorn. Mention that Ferrothorn is quite useful, especially when paired with Primal Groudon as it forms a solid Fire / Water / Grass core, as well as provides you with Stealth Rock and Spikes, which wears down opposing Pokemon and makes it easier to sweep.
  • Entry Hazard Support should include offensive Setters such as Excadrill and Cloyster. Mention how rapid spinners are useful as Gyarados takes 25% from Stealth Rock before Mega Evolving, so it doesn't appreciate having hazards on its side of the field.
  • Mention how Xerneas is useful as it can act as a cleric with aromatherapy and also appreciates Gyarados wearing down its checks

Checks and Counters
===================
**Fairy-Type**: Fairy-types such as Xerneas and Arceus Fairy can take any hit of +1 Mega Gyarados and revenge kill with them stab moves, the first one could carry scarf and outspeed it. Magearna can do the same against a Gyarados's version without earthquake.

**Mega Salamence**: Salamence's intimidates lower Gyarados's attack, pocred to set up and kill with +1 double edge. However, Salamence still fears ice fang.

**Zygarde-C**: Zygarde's-C bulk allows take any hit of Mega Gyarados and phaze it with Dragon Tail preventing set up, but if didn't transform yet could be OHKO'ed by ice fang after damage of crunch or earthquake.

**Yveltal**: unless Gyarados carry waterfall, theres no way to get down yvetal just with crunch. Yveltal can use oblivion wing atacking while it recovers.

**Priority**: Arceus Ekiller and Rayquaza can take down Gyarados with Extreme Speed if don't have enough health to take it.
  • I feel like the Gyarados Checks and Counters should be a lot more extensive, since its checks and counters vary depending on what it's running. Start with sets that check all standard sets such as Fairy-types, Zygarde, Mega Salamence, and Ferrothorn, move to ones that check it if it's running Earthquake> Waterfall such as Yveltal and then move on to checks if it runs Waterfall>Earthquake such as Primal Groudon and Mega Lucario
  • I know the older analysis mentioned Faster Attackers and Priority, I'm not overly keen on these points, but if they're to be in the analysis, I guess it's worth mentioning that it can be revenge killed by faster Choice-scarfed mons such as Yveltal and Xerneas, and it can easily be cleaned off by priority users such as Arceus-Normal and Rayquaza.

I also think you should give the Contributions and Corrections Spelling and Grammar Standards a read as this post doesn't really meet the standards required for a Smogon analysis, and you'll give GP a really really hard time if you don't try and follow these. It might seem exhausting, but the more you get used to them, the easier these analyses become for both you and the GP team.

Anyway, hopefully I've helped :]

I'm not gonna criticise the writing as my assumption (apologies if i'm wrong) is that english is a secondary language to you. I'll focus mainly on the content, but you can make the life of the GP team easier by trying to iron out as many grammar issues as possible ahead of time. I think they will be understanding of the situation, but it helps to make the extra effort.
Even when already its mega, gets a enough bulk to take a Xerneas's Moonblast and a Judgment of Arceus-Fairy
It takes Arceus-Fairy's Judgment, and only lives a Xerneas Moonblast if it has no investment. This might need reworded to explain that.
* Taunt stops status and phazer moves that could stops Gyarados Sweep
Mention what notable things Taunt stops.

Jolly nature should be first slash. Being slower than Mega Gengar and even Ultra Necrozma at +1 is pretty lame in the offensive matchup. It also outspeeds Jolly Dusk (Ultra sets run this) and max speed base 90s (Adamant Ho-Oh, other rare sets, etc). It also outspeeds most variants of Lugia which can stop you getting Toxic'd in that matchup.
* Intimidate to lower enemy's attack.
What does this help against specifically?

I'll take another look after this has been implemented.

I'm not gonna criticise the writing as my assumption (apologies if i'm wrong) is that english is a secondary language to you. I'll focus mainly on the content, but you can make the life of the GP team easier by trying to iron out as many grammar issues as possible ahead of time. I think they will be understanding of the situation, but it helps to make the extra effort.

It takes Arceus-Fairy's Judgment, and only lives a Xerneas Moonblast if it has no investment. This might need reworded to explain that.

Mention what notable things Taunt stops.

Jolly nature should be first slash. Being slower than Mega Gengar and even Ultra Necrozma at +1 is pretty lame in the offensive matchup. It also outspeeds Jolly Dusk (Ultra sets run this) and max speed base 90s (Adamant Ho-Oh, other rare sets, etc). It also outspeeds most variants of Lugia which can stop you getting Toxic'd in that matchup.

What does this help against specifically?

I'll take another look after this has been implemented.
Implemented.

AM QC

While the most of what you said in the analysis is true, I also believe it is important to sort out which information is significant enough to be mentioned over others.

Btw QC: feel free to delete this post if the level of intervening goes across the border.

---

Overview

* Due to Mega Gyarados's 155 attack stat, his ability moldbreaker along with Dragon Dance and Taunt make it a powerfull wallbreaker.
* There are tons of Dragon Dance users like Mega Salamence / Rayquaza / Mega Tyranitar that would normally outclass Mega Gyarados. 155 Attack stat isn't high enough for Uber standards to have a specific mention. I would mention that the real reason why Mega Gyarados can be justified over other Dragon Dance users is its access to Mold Breaker Taunt that lets it break through stall teams.
* Access to intimidate and Fly-type which gives better opportunities of set up before Mega Evolution. Even when is already mega evolved, gets decent specially bulk, lets lives a Arceus-fairy's Judgment.
* The typing prior to Mega Evolution + Intimidate lets Gyarados to check Primal Groudon and Necrozma-DM if correct plays were made. I would focus more on how Mega Gyarados gains immunity to Prankster moves from Dark-type after Mega Evolution. (which is useful against Mega Sableye and rare Klefki)
* Thanks to his typing and his bulk is able to check any set of new necrozma's formes, get a free Dragon Dance and kill them.
* Prior bullet point sums up this part.
* It necesary think well the last move that Gyarados will use, between Earthquake, Aqua tail, Ice fang ,and Iron Tail, they are all situationlly useful.
* Say Mega Gyarados is strapped of moveslots; Dragon Dance and Taunt are mandatory for it to gain Attack and Speed stat while Taunt is needed to shut down passive walls so therefore it lacks a moveslot to run all the coverage move it needs.
* As Dark-Type Mega Gyarados has problems specially against common Fairy Types Xerneas, Arceus Fairy ,and barely magearna if gyarados doesn't run Earthquake.
* Just say it has weakness to Fairy-types and thus struggles to get past & countered by Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy.
* Its also checked by others bulky thereats that can also wall Gyarados if dont run a superefective move, like Yveltal, Mega Salamence, Buzzwole ,and Zygarde-C
* I would say how Mega Gyarados needs multiple boosts to sweep; its STAB options in Crunch and Waterfall aren't strong enough to feature OHKOes against neutral targets without excessive prior damage or multiple Dragon Dance.

~~

move 4: Earthquake / Waterfall

I would personally put Taunt on the second moveslot to emphasize Mega Gyarados' selling point in access to Taunt. Also your move section needs to explain what each move does in practice:

* Dragon Dance boost both Gyarados's Attack and Speed stats by 1 stage to get a sweep oportunity.
-> More importantly it lets Gyarados gain enough power to bust through walls it otherwise cannot as well as outspeeding offensive threats after the setup

* Taunt stops status moves and phazing moves from walls like Arceus formes, Lugia, Celesteela, and Skamory.

* Crunch mainly stab to hit super efective Mega Gengar, Giratina-o ,and any Necrozma's formes.
-> Hits both Giratina formes, Lugia, and Lunala. It notably hits Lugia through Multiscale and Lunala through Shadow Shield thanks to Mold Breaker.
* Taunt stops status and phazer moves like Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Glare, Whirlwind, from Mega Sableye, Support Arceus formes, Celesteela, Zygarde-C, and Lugia that ruin Gyarados Sweep.
* Earthquake hits super efective and provides coverage against Pokemon that crunch cannot deal, like Magearna, Mega Lucario, Mega Diancie, Muk-Alola, Primal Groudon.
* Waterfall is Gyarados's secondary stab to deal with Arceus-Ground and Ho-oh. Also hits neutral damage against Dark- and Fairy-Types that resist crunch.

~~

Moves

* Gyaradosite is necesary to Mega evolve.
* Intimidate lower enemy's attack and lets Gyarados better set up opportunitys on physically threats.
* A Jolly nature outspeed Smeargle, Cloyster leads, neutral max speed Primal Groudon and Ho-oh, Lugia, jolly Necrozma-DM, also Mega Gengar and Ultra Necrozma at +1
* Remove suicide lead mentions since Smeargle carries Nuzzle to cripple Taunt users and losing health to Cloyster sucks. The reason why you run Jolly nature with Gyarados is to outspeed everything up to base 130 Speed such as Mega Gengar, Ultra Necrozma, and Mewtwo.
* Adamant nature along with Stealth Rocks increase chances to OHKO's certanely mons like Lugia, Necrozma-DM, Toxapex, Magearna.
* With Adamant nature, Lugia needs to take Stealth Rock damage to be OHKOed by Crunch, and physically defensive Toxapex escapes OHKO from +1 Earthquake. Fix accordingly.

~~

Usage Tips

* Considerate that Gyarados can take set up opportunities before Mega Evolve due to ground inmunity and intimidate.
* Thanks to the typing and ability can works as a emergency check of physically threats like Mega Lucario and Primal Groudon, also survive to Fairy Stab attacks, but be careful with pasive damage of stealth rocks.
* You might not want to send Mega Gyarados to Fairy-types in the first place. The two most relevant Fairy-types, Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy, are Gyarados' counters.
* Against offense teams use it to check Primal Groudon, Choice locked Lunala, and Necrozma formes and set up.
* In case of facing balance Gyarados can search set ups before mega in front of Clefable, Special Arceus-Ground, once is already Mega Evolved gets respectable bulk and can set up better against Mega Sableye, Celesteela, Arceus-Water always along with Taunt to prevent stauts,
* QC team said Clefable isn't in reservation list currently and that means you should remove the mention on it. Specify that Gyarados can set up on Arceus formes or that can't threaten it, such as Arceus-Water, Arceus-Ground. Use Taunt to shut down passive walls that rely on status to check Mega Gyarados.
* Try search ways to weak Gyarados's checks in order to exploit his potential of late game sweeper, use hazard or status, at least until get put them in range of OHKO.
* Try to weaken or ELIMINATE Gyarados' checks before attempting to sweep.
* If Gyarados cannot get an opportunity to sweep on last game, can be considered sacrifice Gyarados weakening another threat in the process like Primal Groudon, givening chances to sweep to Geomancy Xerneas or another partner.
* Remove this point, this applies to every other Pokemon that outlived its usefulness.

~~

Team Options is the part where I see the most issue. Mention in order of relevance and the most vital support Mega Gyarados needs.

* Checks to Fairy-types:
- Primal Groudon (provides Stealth Rock)
- Ferrothorn (Spikes support and Leech Seed lets Gyarados set up easier)
- Magearna (hard counter to Xerneas and brings in Gyarados safely with Volt Switch)
- etc.

* Hazard removers:
- Giratina-O that also is a strong check to Primal Groudon
- Excadrill and Cloyster remove Stealth Rock with Rapid Spin while setting hazard themselves
- Support Arceus formes

* Teammates that synergies well with Mega Gyarados
- Tapu Lele + Deoxys-A core (demolishes support Arceus formes and Fighting-types)
- Swords Dance Arceus formes (they take down bulkier walls while Mega Gyarados shuts down passive walls with Taunt)
- Xerneas appreciates Gyarados removing passive threats and Steel-types

* Miscellaneous
- Gothitelle traps and removes passive foes that Mega Gyarados cannot surmount, most notably Arceus-Fairy

Make sure to include what Gyarados does for the teammates in return.

~~

Other Options:

* Ice Fang work to take away Mega Salamence and Zygarde-C
* Aqua Tail slightly more powerful than waterfall but enought to get better chances to OHKOes Arceus-Ground and Ho-oh after a Dragon Dance.
* Mention Waterfall is better due to consistency and handy flinch chance
* Iron Tail with adamant nature take by surprise and OHKO Xerneas and put Arceus-Fairy in a bad position if u predict it in the switch-in.
* Mention Gyarados has hard time justifying this on the moveset because it hits much wider array of foes with moves on main set

~~

When fixing Checks & Counters, re-order to:

- Fairy-types
- Primal Groudon - Primal Groudon is a check. It struggles against Earthquake variants but it can revenge kill Gyarados after Mega Evolution, phaze it out, or status it. It also sets Stealth Rock which annoys Gyarados in general.
- Mega Salamence
- Zygarde-C
- Ferrothorn
- Revenge killers
- Status

---

Sorry for long post. I believe this can definitely be better though.

Last edited:
* Crunch mainly stab to hit super efective both Giratina and Necrozma formes as Lunala and Lugia ignoring Shadow Shield and Multiscale thanks to Mold Breaker.
Bulbapedia said:
Unlike Multiscale, Shadow Shield is unaffected by Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze.

* Gyarados gains inmunity to Prankster moves after Mega Evolution against Mega Sableye and rare Klefki.
Regular sableye, not mega

[SET]
move 4: Waterfall / Earthquake
Swap the slashing around to look like the above - Arceus-Ground is a key reason to want coverage and power against and you also want an attack against Yveltal and Xerneas. Its a good neutral attack as well as Gyarados's STABS cover a good amount.
* Dragon Dance lets Gyarados gain power to break walls it otherwise cannot as well as outspeeding offensive threats too.
Give some examples of threats it outspeeds at +1 and some key calcs that +1 Attack gives.
* Taunt stops status and phazer moves like Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Glare, Whirlwind, from Mega Sableye, Support Arceus forms, Celesteela, Zygarde-C, and Lugia that ruin Gyarados Sweep.
Might wanna clean this up a bit as it read as if Mega Sableye is the one running all those moves before it.

It should be noted that for an offensive mon Mega Gyarados is pretty bulky. It can deal with physical attacks due to Intimidate and also has 130 SpD to tank hits with. It eats Arceus-Fairy's Judgment and even Magearna's uninvested Fleur Cannon.

I'll take another look after the changes.

edit: the writer hasn't been on smogon for weeks and these are somewhat important mons. i'm gonna reassign this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)