goosebumps thread

I have a HUGE Goosebumps collection in my room still. Ordered all the books from that elementary school book catalog. Do kids still get those these days?

man the nostalgia. it's a shame i can't remember any of the books, but man i loved these as a kid. the slimes that kept reproducing were probably my favourite, even though there were like 4 of them.

I have a HUGE Goosebumps collection in my room still. Ordered all the books from that elementary school book catalog. Do kids still get those these days?
I genuinely think this was the thing I looked forward to most in life as a kid, when we got new issues of the catalogue and I got to order stuff... I wish I was a primary schoolkid again :(

Anyways, I looked it up and they still do, apparently.

I remember reading these during my elementary school years.

The only one I can clearly remember reading was

There was more but I can't remember atm. Oh god, I feel nostalgic.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had a load of these as a kid too, but I was never really big on reading.

I did see every episode of the tv series though as far as I can remember, and I still have the Night of the Living Dummy on VHS (I think it was the third one, which is done over two episodes).

I'm downloading the entire series now haha

I remember reading all of them, I was one of the ones who went into bookstores back then and just sat there reading them (they were fairly quick reads) while parents shopped, probably saved a lot of money lol. Some of those covers still creep me out a bit even to this day...never cared for the TV series though, doesn't give you the same chills as reading.

Anyways my favorite one was How I Learned To Fly, which ironically was probably his least scariest and least creepy one out there, but I loved the story. After that probably is the Night of the Living Dummy series (go Slappy!) and from there most of the older ones (as a lot of the later ones apparently were ghostwritten, which is kinda lame).

I was always afraid of them as a kid, so I never actually read any of them. Also, none of my friends read them either, iirc. So it wasn't like they were something that everyone wanted to get their hands on.

I would be afraid of just about anything when I was younger, and I could never tell myself that they were "just stories."

I was kinda weird haha

The Saban television series was, and is, horridly cheesy. I love it.

It's like Addams family, without the charm; or BeetleBorgs, without the superheros.

I genuinely think this was the thing I looked forward to most in life as a kid, when we got new issues of the catalogue and I got to order stuff... I wish I was a primary schoolkid again :(

Anyways, I looked it up and they still do, apparently.
We had those up until I hit the eighth grade. Mind you, they were for the younger students, but we didn't care.

The best ones were those that didn't attempt to pass themselves off as legitimately scary.

By far the best, imo. I cried at the ending every time.

i was never a real goosebumps fan when i was smaller

the only two books of it i ever read were
- "Say Cheese and Die!"
- "Say Cheese and Die! - Again!"

after that i read another one which i have forgotten and i got frightened, haven't touched them since

My personal favorite Goosebumps book happens to be my favorite Goosebumps television episode as well, A Night In Terror Tower. It had a castle, a creepy dark magician guy, a good wizard (Morgred?), a distorted present-day London, time travel, and medieval times! How much more awesome can a Goosebumps book get?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Haunted School was the best read I had out of the books. I remember Night Of The Living Dummy being my favorite to hit the TV screen, with The Haunted Mask forcing me to hold off my dinner whilst the perspiration on the face of the mask had me gulping.

Enjoyed the Haunted School most though as the setting for such a spooky plot felt like the main characters would have no easy escape. I continued to turn over to the next page but I would've agreed with myself to stop at the last chapter; had me enticed throughout.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Do kids still get those these days?
We order them for my daughter all the time. :3

Most of the goosebumps stories that I read were just lolworthy, like the class that visited the museum and that boy got cursed by the mummy. But some of them were genuinely frightening. I've googled and googled but can't find a concise list of each story, even just the titles, but that one with the girl who had a monster outside her window that couldn't come in the house unless she let it in, that kept asking her to let it in, and she kept saying no, but then her brother was mean to her and the monster said it would get back at her brother for her and then she let it in...

and then it grabbed her by the throat and told her it was going to killer her and her whole family.

A;LSDKGJA;LDSGKJA;SDLGKAJS;DLGKA;SDLGKAJ;SDLFGKAJDS;GLKJASD;GLKAJS;DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Excellent memories!

the choose your own adventure ones were PHENOMENAL i've never read better choose your own adventure books

also my favourite was this one, the plot twist is out of nowhere

The Haunted School was the best read I had out of the books. I remember Night Of The Living Dummy being my favorite to hit the TV screen, with The Haunted Mask forcing me to hold off my dinner whilst the perspiration on the face of the mask had me gulping.

Enjoyed the Haunted School most though as the setting for such a spooky plot felt like the main characters would have no easy escape. I continued to turn over to the next page but I would've agreed with myself to stop at the last chapter; had me enticed throughout.
I remember that one, was definitely a cool one, wasn't that the one with like a hidden portal that took the protagonists back to like the school in the 50s where the ghostly class was trapped by like a photographer's cursed picture? And in the end plot twist it was the same photographer taking the protagonist's class picture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)