Gen 6 Good Cores Thread: ORAS Ubers Edition v2

Approved by Sweep
Taken over from Halcyon.
OP inspired by feint.

(insert banner here)

Good Cores Thread: ORAS Ubers Edition
Cores are the pillars of team building, and all of us have used at least one of them, intentionally or not. Cores consists of two to three Pokemon that can achieve a certain goal, be it offensively or defensively. These Pokemon can either go in tandem to beat out their respective checks or counters or can work together to give each other a good set of resistances to last long enough in a match. In ORAS Ubers, diversity is never lacking, and there are a lot of Pokemon here that can be grouped in a core and help its teammates come out victorious in matches.

With that in mind, the purpose of this thread is to compile good cores that can be used in ORAS Ubers to help out new and old players alike have fresh ideas when it comes to building teams. Feel free to post your own here, or take some that are already posted.

Some rules I'd like to be followed when posting:
1. Feel free to comment on the posts other users make, but please keep discussions civil.
2. If ever, please post cores in this order: box sprites, core description, and sets.
3. When posting cores, please add a brief explanation on the sets, why you chose those Pokemon / sets to be in the same core and an importable. It would be appreciated if you add good teammates to the core as well as the Pokemon / things the core is weak to. (It'd be nice to add which type of core you'd like to post to help me out a little bit. Thanks!)

Also, a hectic life means I can't update this as much as I want to but rest assured, I'll do my best to keep this interesting enough for you guys.
That's all the basic things to keep in mind when posting here. With that said, happy posting everyone!

OFFENSE CORES

This is an offensive core bent on Gengar trapping and removing Rock-types for the two birds while also performing a decent hazard control roll due to its ability to trap Stealth Rock setters. Because Ho-Oh's role as a rock weakener and fairy-type switch-in is lessened, it can the use the full on power of a Choice Band in order to spam some of the strongest Brave Birds in the game. Yveltal is using a Dread Plate instead of a Life Orb because of U-Turn + Life Orb not being the best combination in the world. pair this core with another form of hazard control and a Kyogre check component and it will go far.

Yveltal @ Dread Plate
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave / Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect / Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 208 HP / 200 Atk / 88 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

The next core I am going to talk about revolves around a shuca berry Dialga lead. This core is a hyper offense which purpose is to weaken opposing Primal-Groudons with earth power and also set up rocks. This allows common threats that are checked by Primal-Groudon to seriously damage the opposing team or essentially sweep. The other two core members consist of Xerneas and Mega-Salamence but more can be added as needed.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def/ 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/HP Fire/ HP Ground
- Aromatherapy/Thunder/Psyshock

(
/
)

This is an offensive special attacking core supported by Spikes. Fairy / Psychic / Dark cores have been very consistent ever since the start of XY, as their ability to cover each others weaknesses is very sufficient, making for nice defensive and offensive cores. Klefki provides Spikes and a check to Dark-types and Fairy-types, as well as Toxic to wear down Mewtwo's checks. Alternatively, Safeguard can counterlead Darkrai and prevent status to ease Mewtwo's set ups. Mewtwo with Spikes support is very threatening, especially when its only relevant check in Yveltal is an easy switch in for Klefki in order to set Spikes or spread status. With Taunt it keeps down hazards, as well as stop clerics from healing the status Klefki spreads. Calm Mind allows it to clean late game, and it applies equally as much pressure as Taunt does to clerics, with the added boon of breaking down stall teams much easier. It stacks checks with Yveltal very well, overwhelming Tyranitar, Klefki, Xerneas, and Dark Arceus. Yveltal checks Ghost types which can wear down Klefki and force out Mewtwo. Yveltal may run Heat Wave to lure in Klefki and eliminate it to ease Mewtwo's sweep, but Taunt is generally better for the consistency it serves versus stall.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Safeguard
- Play Rough

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y / Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind / Taunt

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt / Heat Wave

DEFENSE CORES

This is a defensive core that also doubles as a hazard core for one of its members. Mega Sableye keeps Spikes away for Arceus-Water and also stops Stealth Rock for Lugia. It check E-Killer handily and can be used to blanket very passive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and opposing Lugia. Arceus-Water uses Defog against Primal Groudon and aids Lugia and other team members against Ho-Oh or Salamence. If Groudon is running a Swords Dance Stealth Rock set, Lugia can bail Arceus-Water out in a pinch after Stealth Rock has been removed and needs to be set up again. This core needs a solid Kyogre switch in with the best for it being support or stall Primal Groudon because it helps Lugia out with Xerneas and Zekrom also.

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

So I guess I'll contribute to this thread... This is a stall core that is pretty standard but I decided to add it anyways because there was no stall team cores yet. Skarmory is a great defensive pokemon that is able to shuffle mon, set up spikes, and reliably toxic people. Arceus-Water is used to cover the fire weakness (Primal-Groudon) that Skarmory suffers to. Finally Blissey is used to reliably counter Primal-Kyogre that run thunder which would otherwise be able to 1HKO and 2HKO Skarmory and Arceus-Water respectively. Running shed bell is necessary so Blissey cannot be trapped and taunted by Mega-Gengar.

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

BALANCE CORES

This is a Fire / Water / Grass core. Power Whip Ferrothorn is chosen to handle Kyogre while Arceus-Water is used to Defog on most Stealth Rock setters with the most notable being Primal Groudon. Judgment or Ice Beam is a decision based on what threatens your team most, Salamence or Ho-Oh. Ferrothorn soft checks E-Killer and hard checks Kyogre, Latias, and Latios. Arceus-Water checks mence or Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon while also being a Defog user for Ho-Oh and carrying Toxic for things like Lugia who has trouble using Toxic back because of Ferrothorn. Ho-Oh slows down Xerneas, manhandles Fairy-types and Steel-types, and does pressures key members on an opponent's team. The core itself is pretty clean cut, so there isn't much variability to it.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

This is a reliable hazard core. Tyranitar and Excadrill handily take care of Stealth Rock from Deoxys-S, Dialga (most of the time), other Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie, while Arceus-Water does so against Primal Groudon who is by far the most common user of the move. With how strong Pokemon like Ho-Oh and Lugia are in this metagame, this sort of hazard core can help them to achieve their full potential of dominating large quantities of the metagame. It works best on balanced teams and a Primal Groudon will be helpful but is not required. Tyranitar is also a Stealth Rock setter as an added bonus.

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

"*On a side note to Wreckdra's sand core I would suggest running Shuca Berry TTar instead of lefties on TTar as it is able to check Mega-Mence better which can tend to be tedious for sand teams. Also running Life Orb over Air Balloon is worth a mention on Excadrill due to the power increase" - Konzern

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

The next core is a balance core that was popular during UPL. The core consist of Forretress, Mega-Aerodactyl and Arceus-Ghost. Forretress is able to get of hazards while Mega-Aerodactyl taunts common defog users with its incredible speed tier. Finally Arceus-Ghost stops pokemon to rapid spin away the hazards. Arceus-Ghost is also able to put offense pressure on the opponent especially with hazards on the field.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion/Gyroball

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rockslide

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Archived Old Cores from the Old Thread:

Offensive Cores

Mewtwo X and Primal Kyogre actually make a pretty good offensive pair in my experience. Mewtwo X is able to 2HKO max HP Primal Groudon with Low Kick after Stealth Rock, dealing enough damage so that a +1 Blizzard from Primal Kyogre can KO even fully SDef versions of Groudon. And since people will often switch in their Groudon in on Mewtwo because SDef is usually a full on counter to other Mewtwo formes, it is pretty easy to make this happen in an actual battle. But Mewtwo X can also lure in Kyogre's other biggest checks, the Lati twins. With Ice Punch, it can score a solid 2HKO on both of them (OHKOing Latios after SR damage). And after an Ice Punch from Mewtwo, neither Latios nor Latias will be able to switch in on even an unboosted Blizzard from Kyogre, let alone one at +1. Weaknesses to the core include Xerneas and Giratina-O, both switch in on Mewtwo X pretty easily, and Kyogre can't switch in on either. Solid defensive partners like Primal Groudon, Arceus Rock, Klefki, Giratina-O etc. work well with this pair. Give it a shot next time you want to use Primal Kyogre.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide / Zen Headbutt
- Taunt

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

This core features CB Ho-Oh and standard GeoXern. Most of GeoXern's checks, like aegislash and scizor, are mons that Ho-Oh can easily force out. CB Ho-Oh is a really good wallbreaker, and sacred fire helps it burn everything in sight, which causes lots of residual damage, that can also stack with potential hazards like stealth rocks and spikes. All of this residual damage makes Xerneas's job of sweeping even easier, because when lots of stuff has been weakened, it can easily set up a geomancy and proceed to wreck house by spamming moonblast. Ho-Oh + Xerneas is a very threatening offensive core, and both mons hit extremely hard. SR support and possibly spikes is really nice, because it lets Ho-Oh abuse the huge amount of switches that it forces, which makes cleaning really easy. However, this core is pretty weak to E-Killer and opposing Ho-Oh, so good switch ins to those are appreciated.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Hidden power [Fire] / Psyshock

Mega gengar and PDon work quite well together, which isn't surprising seeing that they are both very good pokemon.The goal of this core is to use Mega Gengar to trap and kill checks to PDon like Lugia,Lati@s,Skarmory,Arceus-Ground,Bronzong :] and others. After Mega Gengar eliminates all of PDon's checks and counters on the opposing team all you need to do is find a good set up opportunity and sweep the opposing team, this core also fits very well on pretty much every offensive team since these pokemon pair very well with almost every pokemon used in offense.There really isn't much else to it, easy and effective.

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

first thread :toast:

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Quick objection, why is heatran on there? I haven't seen a good heatran team in oras, it's not on the viability list and to sum up the thoughts on heatran by myself and several others without going to the effort of typing it up, I will simply quote sweep's post from the victim of the week thread.

Oh, no! It's Heatran! No!

First of all, Shaymin commonly carries Earth Power, which does severe damage to specially defensive Heatran (94% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock). Even if Shaymin is a Substitute / Leech Seed variant, they can drain a significant portion of Heatran's HP by simply stalling it with Leech Seed, so long they use Substitute as Heatran switches in. Or, you know, the Shaymin user can switch to Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, or one of the other devastating Pokemon in ORAS that gets an almost free switch on this Pokemon.

A slight drawback to specially defensive Heatran in the ORAS metagame is that most Geomancy Xerneas run either Focus Blast or HP Ground for coverage. Also, Choice Band Ho-Oh (something Heatran should be checking on paper) does 45%~ with Brave Bird. Arceus-Ground is everywhere, Arceus-Normal and Mega Salamence usually run Earthquake for coverage, and Heatran cannot do anything vs. stall teams.

Although Heatran can check Latias, so can Wormadam-S.

Your post triggered me :(
EDIT: Being clear, I like gira + unaware clef. Just the heatran shouldn't be there.

OH MY GOD

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 400-472 (103.6 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Xerneas also sometimes run HP Ground now, so it now has two potential coverage moves that obliterate it. If you want to run Chople Berry, have fun dying very quickly to residual damage because you now have zero recovery.

Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER run Heatran on ANY competitive team. It is a garbage, do-nothing Pokemon that checks 0 relevant threats effectively (most Ho-Oh carry Earthquake for coverage and Heatran is a shitty Brave Bird switchin due to its lack of reliable recovery). Pokemon it can check on paper, such as Arceus-Fairy, are terrible in the metagame. Primal Groudon and Kyogre both destroy it, and you cannot check Ghostceus or Yveltal because Gen 6 decided to fuck Heatran over and over again while its small child watches helplessly; it lost its Dark and Ghost resistances. I cannot stress enough how badly this Pokemon performs in ORAS Ubers and would sincerely rather use a myriad of NU / PU Pokemon, such as Liepard or Torterra, over this.

Sorry for the late reply - just setting the message that we could post now.
I just copied this from Halcyon. 's thread, and I'm sorry to add that without knowledge. Will remove.

EDIT: The said core has been removed, but since PoMMan likes the Giratina-O + Unaware Clefable core, I advise to write about it in a few. Giving the go signal in a while.

Now that all things are in order (except for that M2X + POgre core; I can't remove the extra hide tag for some reason), everybody may now post their cores! I'd like to add that you can add an explanation to the EV spreads, too. To those that posted cores in the old Good Cores thread, please post it here for all the others to see. I promise, some of those cores were very great.

Let's start off with this simple core we've all known for its insane capability to exert pressure onto the opposition.
Offensive Core: Rayquaza + Mega Salamence
"Twenty One Pilots" (get it?)

If OU has the known Talonflame + Mega Pinsir + Staraptor for the effective 'birdspam' playstyle, Ubers has these two bad boys (or should I say, Dragon-types). Rayquaza and Mega Salamence are already known for decimating teams with powerful Flying-type STAB moves, as well as soft checking the new Primal Groudon, which is large, and some other Pokemon. Rayquaza is the duo's wallbreaker, taking down walls that could hamper Mega Salamence's sweep later on. You can use the MixQuaza set as well, but it's all up to personal preference. You can run Waterfall (CB) or Surf (Mix) to immediately take down Primal Groudon, and can do some anti-leading. Mega Salamence is the sweeper that can clean up after Rayquaza's done wrecking. It also has Intimidate to weaken physical attackers, so that's worth mention. It's Dragon Dance set is most preferred on this core, and since it has many variations, feel free to tailor its moves and spread to your liking. The core is weak to bulky Yveltal and Choice Scarf Xerneas if Mega Salamence hasn't set up yet, as well as Deoxys-A under very specific conditions. Klefki can cripple both should Mega Salamence not run Substitute or Refresh. Bulky Primal Kyogre can take down both with Ice Beam while living a Dragon Ascent and a +1 Frustration (at different situations). If Ekiller Arceus has set-up, then this is screwed too. Rock Arceus can deal with mono-attacking Mega Salamence while switching onto Rayquaza's Earthquake once (it's all that it needs) before KO-ing with Judgment. Shuca Berry Dialga and Tyranitar can take an Earthquake before retaliating with Draco Meteor and Counter, respectively. Good teammates include Primal Groudon (to absorb burns, support, etc.), Klefki (deals with both Xerneas and Yveltal and the Eon twins) and other sweeper to take advantage of the carnage these guys leave behind. Oh, and Defog support is needed so they don't lose a quarter of their health by switching in, so an Arceus forme like Arceus-Water can take the Ice-type moves while Defogging for both. Lati@s can be added but the stacked weaknesses are too risky.

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake / Waterfall
- V-create
- Extreme Speed / Waterfall

Salamence @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake / Substitute / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost

EDIT: Forgot Shuca 'mons can check both lol
Edited to reflect changes suggested from below.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Your salamence is missing about 100 evs.

Reserving core of Gira + Clef to write about when my exam is finished.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
This is a Fire / Water / Grass core. Power Whip Ferrothorn is chosen to handle Kyogre while Arceus-Water is used to Defog on most Stealth Rock setters with the most notable being Primal Groudon. Judgment or Ice Beam is a decision based on what threatens your team most, Salamence or Ho-Oh. Ferrothorn soft checks E-Killer and hard checks Kyogre, Latias, and Latios. Arceus-Water checks mence or Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon while also being a Defog user for Ho-Oh and carrying Toxic for things like Lugia who has trouble using Toxic back because of Ferrothorn. Ho-Oh slows down Xerneas, manhandles Fairy-types and Steel-types, and does pressures key members on an opponent's team. The core itself is pretty clean cut, so there isn't much variability to it.

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
This is a reliable hazard core. Tyranitar and Excadrill handily take care of Stealth Rock from Deoxys-S, Dialga (most of the time), other Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie, while Arceus-Water does so against Primal Groudon who is by far the most common user of the move. With how strong Pokemon like Ho-Oh and Lugia are in this metagame, this sort of hazard core can help them to achieve their full potential of dominating large quantities of the metagame. It works best on balanced teams and a Primal Groudon will be helpful but is not required. Tyranitar is also a Stealth Rock setter as an added bonus.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Whirlwind

Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic
This is a defensive core that also doubles as a hazard core for one of its members. Mega Sableye keeps Spikes away for Arceus-Water and also stops Stealth Rock for Lugia. It check E-Killer handily and can be used to blanket very passive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and opposing Lugia. Arceus-Water uses Defog against Primal Groudon and aids Lugia and other team members against Ho-Oh or Salamence. If Groudon is running a Swords Dance Stealth Rock set, Lugia can bail Arceus-Water out in a pinch after Stealth Rock has been removed and needs to be set up again. This core needs a solid Kyogre switch in with the best for it being support or stall Primal Groudon because it helps Lugia out with Xerneas and Zekrom also.

Yveltal @ Dread Plate
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave / Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect / Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 208 HP / 200 Atk / 88 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
This is an offensive core bent on Gengar trapping and removing Rock-types for the two birds while also performing a decent hazard control roll due to its ability to trap Stealth Rock setters. Because Ho-Oh's role as a rock weakener and fairy-type switch-in is lessened, it can the use the full on power of a Choice Band in order to spam some of the strongest Brave Birds in the game. Yveltal is using a Dread Plate instead of a Life Orb because of U-Turn + Life Orb not being the best combination in the world. pair this core with another form of hazard control and a Kyogre check component and it will go far.

I have more, but I would like to sleep tonight, enjoy!

Konzern

Banned deucer.
So I guess I'll contribute to this thread... This is a stall core that is pretty standard but I decided to add it anyways because there was no stall team cores yet. Skarmory is a great defensive pokemon that is able to shuffle mon, set up spikes, and reliably toxic people. Arceus-Water is used to cover the fire weakness (Primal-Groudon) that Skarmory suffers to. Finally Blissey is used to reliably counter Primal-Kyogre that run thunder which would otherwise be able to 1HKO and 2HKO Skarmory and Arceus-Water respectively. Running shed bell is necessary so Blissey cannot be trapped and taunted by Mega-Gengar.

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

The next core is a balance core that was popular during UPL. The core consist of Forretress, Mega-Aerodactyl and Arceus-Ghost. Forretress is able to get of hazards while Mega-Aerodactyl taunts common defog users with its incredible speed tier. Finally Arceus-Ghost stops pokemon to rapid spin away the hazards. Arceus-Ghost is also able to put offense pressure on the opponent especially with hazards on the field.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion/Gyroball

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rockslide

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

The next core I am going to talk about revolves around a shuca berry Dialga lead. This core is a hyper offense which purpose is to weaken opposing Primal-Groudons with earth power and also set up rocks. This allows common threats that are checked by Primal-Groudon to seriously damage the opposing team or essentially sweep. The other two core members consist of Xerneas and Mega-Salamence but more can be added as needed.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def/ 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/HP Fire/ HP Ground
- Aromatherapy/Thunder/Psyshock

*On a side note to Wreckdra's sand core I would suggest running Shuca Berry TTar instead of lefties on TTar as it is able to check Mega-Mence better which can tend to be tedious for sand teams. Also running Life Orb over Air Balloon is worth a mention on Excadrill due to the power increase

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Ill update this with more teams later as right now I am sleepy :)

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Safeguard
- Play Rough

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y / Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind / Taunt

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt / Heat Wave

This is an offensive special attacking core supported by Spikes. Fairy / Psychic / Dark cores have been very consistent ever since the start of XY, as their ability to cover each others weaknesses is very sufficient, making for nice defensive and offensive cores. Klefki provides Spikes and a check to Dark-types and Fairy-types, as well as Toxic to wear down Mewtwo's checks. Alternatively, Safeguard can counterlead Darkrai and prevent status to ease Mewtwo's set ups. Mewtwo with Spikes support is very threatening, especially when its only relevant check in Yveltal is an easy switch in for Klefki in order to set Spikes or spread status. With Taunt it keeps down hazards, as well as stop clerics from healing the status Klefki spreads. Calm Mind allows it to clean late game, and it applies equally as much pressure as Taunt does to clerics, with the added boon of breaking down stall teams much easier. It stacks checks with Yveltal very well, overwhelming Tyranitar, Klefki, Xerneas, and Dark Arceus. Yveltal checks Ghost types which can wear down Klefki and force out Mewtwo. Yveltal may run Heat Wave to lure in Klefki and eliminate it to ease Mewtwo's sweep, but Taunt is generally better for the consistency it serves versus stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)